AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-19, 22:41   Link #241
Asamidori
ボカロ廃
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Underground
1000/1000 doesn't really mean much when some sub-events doesn't give you titles or whatnot that counts toward achievemnt, but are just there. (Like Rita naming the blastias and that one sub-event about the girls breaking into the castle(?) and steal blastias from there.)


Kouli's current estimated date: either tomorrow or the day after.
__________________
MyList: Recommended Vocaloid Songs
VOCALOID | VOCALOID2
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 22:44   Link #242
problemedchild
_
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
1000/1000 doesn't really mean much when some sub-events doesn't give you titles or whatnot that counts toward achievemnt, but are just there. (Like Rita naming the blastias and that one sub-event about the girls breaking into the castle(?) and steal blastias from there.)


Kouli's current estimated date: either tomorrow or the day after.
Those subevents are part of the spear quest are they not? I was under the impression that without Rita naming the blastias, there is no way to actually get the Brionac.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 23:00   Link #243
Asamidori
ボカロ廃
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Underground
Only some of the naming events are related to Judy's spear. Some aren't.
__________________
MyList: Recommended Vocaloid Songs
VOCALOID | VOCALOID2
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 09:30   Link #244
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Some subevents are just there for... Well, character development and things like that?

For example the infamous subevent of looking in Rita's dresser doesn't do anything other then have you spend every moment going: "What IS in that dresser!?"
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 19:15   Link #245
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Actually, thinking about it, I just realized the hardest one for me will be the 100 hit combo. I've never been that great at getting high combos. I know the highest I ever got in ToS was about 68. I think I may have passed 100 in ToL, but I'm not sure.
__________________
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 19:46   Link #246
problemedchild
_
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Actually, thinking about it, I just realized the hardest one for me will be the 100 hit combo. I've never been that great at getting high combos. I know the highest I ever got in ToS was about 68. I think I may have passed 100 in ToL, but I'm not sure.
The highest combo on record I think was a maxed out 999999 or something like that.

But just equip Rita with a Risk Ring/Wonder symbol and OL spam Tidal Wave. I've gotten well over 2k combos with that, and many people get 4k+
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 01:27   Link #247
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
The highest combo on record I think was a maxed out 999999 or something like that.

But just equip Rita with a Risk Ring/Wonder symbol and OL spam Tidal Wave. I've gotten well over 2k combos with that, and many people get 4k+
Why do you need Risk Ring/Wonder Symbol? >.>
Wonder maybe but you just need about 8 enemies, Minimum Damage, OL3, and Tidal Wave.
Of course all allies set to Defend with Taunt equipped
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 01:49   Link #248
problemedchild
_
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Why do you need Risk Ring/Wonder Symbol? >.>
Wonder maybe but you just need about 8 enemies, Minimum Damage, OL3, and Tidal Wave.
Of course all allies set to Defend with Taunt equipped
Wonder Symbol stacks with Spell End, it makes chaining easier =P

Risky Ring for those who don't know about stacking 8 enemies, but not needed if you do it correctly.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 03:38   Link #249
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Actually, thinking about it, I just realized the hardest one for me will be the 100 hit combo. I've never been that great at getting high combos. I know the highest I ever got in ToS was about 68. I think I may have passed 100 in ToL, but I'm not sure.
If you're looking for an alternative to using Rita, I stumbled upon how to do it by accident last night while farming for star gems I was using Yuri, trying to stack as many green fatal chains.

Unfortunately, you're gonna need ALOT of high-end skills to pull off this stunt.


-> Combo Plus 2
-> Super Chain
-> Super Chain 4
-> Super Chain 5
-> Ability Plus
-> Hit Plus
-> O.L boost (Maybe)
-> High Tension
-> Hyper Tension
-> Ultimate Tension
-> Special



(This is as much as I could squeeze in with my limited amount of SP)


5/6 hits -> Shinning Fang -> Cerberus Strike -> Shinning Fang Drop -> Dragon Swarm -> Shinning Fang.


(I used Dragon Swarm because I needed the green fatal strike, but Shinning Dragon Swarm works)

Anyway, by the time you finish this set, High tension would have triggered the Overlimit Lv 1 effect, from here on just spam whatever move you like (Shinning Fang is my personal favorite). You would easily get to Hyper and Ultimate Tension. Once you triggered Ultimate Tension, do 1-2 more Dragon Swarm(s), then trigger the Burst Artes, and then trigger the Mystic Artes.


(Don't forget to spam 'B' while in Mystic Artes....)


In total, I did a 137 hit combo.

With better timing, better use of Artes, and more SP, you should be able to break even the 150 barrier.

Hope this helps


P.S - Interestingly, With super chain 1, 4 and 5, I think you might be able to loop Base -> Altered -> Arcane and back to the same Base Artes again. But by then High Tension would have triggered so it'll be pointless >.>

P.P.S - And watch you TP, at least until Overlimit Lv 3.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-09-22 at 03:56.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 15:55   Link #250
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Listening to "Aishiteru Banzai!" on repeat
Age: 30
I managed to pull off a 189-hit combo completely by accident with Yuri, I actually had no idea how I did it at the time but looking at the post above I guess it was because the Tension skills activated (I actually had not read carefully what they did ). I just started pretty much spamming my artes with reckless abandon and that's what I ended up with, didn't even use a Burst or Mystic. My skill and arte setups were pretty much the same as the post above though, so yeah, I can also vouch that this definitely works.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 22:13   Link #251
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
^

Th-Thanks I call it, the "Shinning Tension" combo

Okay, that aside, anybody did the 100-man battle-royal with Estelle? Or for that matter, anyone knows Estelle's standard offence combo ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 23:02   Link #252
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^

Th-Thanks I call it, the "Shinning Tension" combo

Okay, that aside, anybody did the 100-man battle-royal with Estelle? Or for that matter, anyone knows Estelle's standard offence combo ?
I did the 100-man, it wasn't too hard, though I did run out of time against Gauche and Droite the first time. Just had to take better advantage of my OVL and Limit bottles.

It's best with Extra Combo I, II, and III. If you can afford the SP for it. Her best physical combo is:

2 normal hits > 3 Extra Combo hits > Marchen Waltz > Air Divide > Delight Roll

Or 2 normal hits > Marchen Waltz > Delight Roll

Marchen Waltz knocks the enemy down, Air Divide pulls them to you and Delight Roll stands them up. Great during OVL since you can do a Burst Arte and more or less guarantee to hit them.

You can sidestep and attack after any of the Extra hits, but keep in mind that it won't continue the combo if you do. The combo also resets between the normal and Extra hits, but of course, you gotta do the normal hits to get the Extra ones.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 00:21   Link #253
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
@frubam

Thanks ... What about spells like Holy Rain? I heard it's excellent at clearing the field. But because I've been using Yuri, a melee combo character, I'm not sure about Spell usage.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ahhh one more thing, this has been on my mind for quite some time now; For skills like Strength/Defend/Resist/Evade/Vitality/Spirit/Combo Plus, is it worth stacking up the different levels or better to just use the highest level?

I'm at the stage where I have way too many great skills and not enough SP to go around
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 02:09   Link #254
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@frubam

Thanks ... What about spells like Holy Rain? I heard it's excellent at clearing the field. But because I've been using Yuri, a melee combo character, I'm not sure about Spell usage.
Yeah, Holy Rain is the best(and only) skill to use in the Colisieum, esp if you OVL and manage to get a few 'Lucky End's in. Her other spells are too pinpoint-ish w/slow startup times to hit medium-speed moving targets.

Quote:
Ahhh one more thing, this has been on my mind for quite some time now; For skills like Strength/Defend/Resist/Evade/Vitality/Spirit/Combo Plus, is it worth stacking up the different levels or better to just use the highest level?

I'm at the stage where I have way too many great skills and not enough SP to go around
I know what you mean . I really don't use parameter-increasing skills of that nature(though I do use skills like Rita's Combat Force and Estelle's Defend Conversion). If you have some extra SP to burn, you can set the higher parameter skills(ex: Str/Def/Res 3,4) if you have them, but I don't think the lower ones would make too much of a difference unless you are at a higher level, like lv 60+ except for Vitality and Spirit. You might want to set those skills esp if you're using Rita's Combat Force(Vitality) or for Yuri(Spirit), since he has lots of arte usage.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:10   Link #255
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Completed 100-man with Estelle As expected, I ran into problems with the Fire Elementals and the Unicorns, Gauche and Droite slowed my down ALOT as well but nothing a few dozen Air Divide can't handle Still, if it wasn't for Dark Avenger, she would be super slow to pull off any melee combos.


That aside, Mahou Shoujo Angelical Estellise ftw !


Next on my list is Karol... Talk about a challenge =_=
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 15:45   Link #256
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
I wonder why people say Estelle's is hard due to the loli twins. I just pulverized everything since they couldn't break through her guard
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 17:30   Link #257
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Completed 100-man with Estelle As expected, I ran into problems with the Fire Elementals and the Unicorns, Gauche and Droite slowed my down ALOT as well but nothing a few dozen Air Divide can't handle Still, if it wasn't for Dark Avenger, she would be super slow to pull off any melee combos.


That aside, Mahou Shoujo Angelical Estellise ftw !

That is one Youtube gameplay video I would like to see!
__________________

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 19:22   Link #258
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I wonder why people say Estelle's is hard due to the loli twins. I just pulverized everything since they couldn't break through her guard
Not so much as hard but tedious due to her weak combo capability

I don't have the skills set up to allow her to spam Holy Rain non-stop yet
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 02:24   Link #259
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not so much as hard but tedious due to her weak combo capability

I don't have the skills set up to allow her to spam Holy Rain non-stop yet
All you need is OL Boost and start out with level 4 OL perhaps...
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 09:42   Link #260
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
All you need is OL Boost and start out with level 4 OL perhaps...
Speaking of which, I'm about to attempt to Grade farm with Rita, I get the basic idea of Overlimit 3-4 and Tide Wave, but I'm clueless about the finer details- Like what are the vital skills and/or accessories she must have to pull of this stunt.

My main concern is whether I could regain the OL Bar fast enough, as well as the timing between spaming and going overlimit...

But I heard that if all goes well, we're talking about several hundreds of grade points, am I right?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.