AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-17, 18:03   Link #241
nagare
魔女狩り続行中
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Spoiler for Maria:
__________________


nagare is offline  
Old 2008-09-17, 23:47   Link #242
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 25
Spoiler:
k//eternal is offline  
Old 2008-09-21, 11:58   Link #243
Asashio123
The Human in the Big Red
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Up north where everyone is happy, jolly, and kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Maria and Personal Experiences:


Spoiler for Ushiromiya Family:
__________________
Asashio123 is offline  
Old 2008-09-21, 15:27   Link #244
Exilon
Philosopher of theories
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asashio123 View Post
Spoiler for Ushiromiya Family:
Spoiler:
Exilon is offline  
Old 2008-09-21, 19:33   Link #245
Asashio123
The Human in the Big Red
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Up north where everyone is happy, jolly, and kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reply:
__________________
Asashio123 is offline  
Old 2008-09-21, 21:24   Link #246
nagare
魔女狩り続行中
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asashio123 View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler for SPOILER: Requires knowledge from EP 03:
__________________


nagare is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 08:56   Link #247
Exilon
Philosopher of theories
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 22
Spoiler:
Exilon is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 17:59   Link #248
Kets
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroyasha View Post
Spoiler for SPOILER: Requires knowledge from EP 03:
Spoiler for Kyrie:
Kets is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 18:19   Link #249
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
Spoiler for Kyrie:
Spoiler for :
__________________
Sterling01 is offline  
Old 2008-09-23, 11:33   Link #250
Larrave
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Hi,
I watched Episode 1 too now and want to first thank the Translation-Team WH for their good Job and who made it possible for those not able to speak Japanese to watch this beautiful game=).Thanks again and keep up the good work=)

Now to ask a "crazy" question before i share my thoughts:
Spoiler for Deaths:


*edit*PS:Pardon me if this was mentioned before
Larrave is offline  
Old 2008-09-23, 15:12   Link #251
Exilon
Philosopher of theories
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrave View Post
Hi,
I watched Episode 1 too now and want to first thank the Translation-Team WH for their good Job and who made it possible for those not able to speak Japanese to watch this beautiful game=).Thanks again and keep up the good work=)

Now to ask a "crazy" question before i share my thoughts:
Spoiler for Deaths:


*edit*PS:Pardon me if this was mentioned before
Spoiler:
Exilon is offline  
Old 2008-09-24, 18:22   Link #252
Larrave
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for some thoughts:
Larrave is offline  
Old 2008-09-25, 14:03   Link #253
Exilon
Philosopher of theories
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrave View Post
Spoiler for some thoughts:
Spoiler:


Well, there. :P Those are some good theories, but there are little holes here and there, at leat from my interpretation. Your English is readable as well, (at least it's clear enough), so don't worry. :P
Exilon is offline  
Old 2008-09-26, 14:28   Link #254
tsaieric
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to tsaieric
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Yeah right. I tried numerous of times to sprout interest when Tsukihime came out. No one cared. The same reaction with KimiNozo, Fate, and Higurashi. Basically people outside of Japan are not interested in these games until they see it in anime form. It's only then they start saying the same incessant remark "is the an English patch for this game lol."

So I'll be blunt - yeah right. You're never going to see this game translated by any "group" until it becomes animated. I suggest that it'd be simpler to buy the game and work through it with a Japanese dictionary at hand.
Well, the reality is I have seen a translation of the Chinese version up to Episode , which was released months before the announcement about being animized. So, it is that people outside of Asia, are not going be interested until after the anime version is released.
tsaieric is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 05:49   Link #255
Vonmalvarius
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Hi everyone! I just finished Umineko 1 and it was awesome. Can't wait to play the second! And I really want to see the animated version and see who's going to voice Beatrice.
I searched through the BGM file and and found out a great song, Worldend dominator. But I'm nearly certain that it didn't play at all in episode one or the tea party. If someone know where it played tell me please.
Thankyou in advance!
Vonmalvarius is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 10:09   Link #256
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaieric View Post
Well, the reality is I have seen a translation of the Chinese version up to Episode , which was released months before the announcement about being animized. So, it is that people outside of Asia, are not going be interested until after the anime version is released.
...Your post is kinda irrelevant considering KJ posted that a year ago you know... the chinese and english projects proved him wrong, but they appeared after he made that comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonmalvarius View Post
Hi everyone! I just finished Umineko 1 and it was awesome. Can't wait to play the second! And I really want to see the animated version and see who's going to voice Beatrice.
I searched through the BGM file and and found out a great song, Worldend dominator. But I'm nearly certain that it didn't play at all in episode one or the tea party. If someone know where it played tell me please.
Thankyou in advance!
Worldenddominator is only played during episode 2 and ownards. It wasn't in episode 1 track list.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2008-09-30, 17:32   Link #257
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Yep, I thought the exact same, but as Klash says. That's only played in Ep.2 in all it's epicness <3
Shinigami_Mello is offline  
Old 2008-10-04, 10:02   Link #258
Wolfen
So as I pray...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Hi Folks. Apologies if this has been answered somewhere already, but does anyone know if Umineko is going to have it's various episodes combined into collections the way Higurshi did?

Thanks in advance.

Wolfen.
__________________
Poor, lost little dragons, that need your clicks

Wolfen is offline  
Old 2008-10-04, 11:25   Link #259
Orophin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfen View Post
Hi Folks. Apologies if this has been answered somewhere already, but does anyone know if Umineko is going to have it's various episodes combined into collections the way Higurshi did?

Thanks in advance.

Wolfen.
Each new episode contain all the previous ones. What we still don't know though is if they will start anew once they begin the answer arcs like Higurashi or if they will continue putting all the previous episodes even after episode 5 since they are now on a DVD.
Orophin is offline  
Old 2008-10-04, 19:35   Link #260
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaieric View Post
Well, the reality is I have seen a translation of the Chinese version up to Episode , which was released months before the announcement about being animized. So, it is that people outside of Asia, are not going be interested until after the anime version is released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
...Your post is kinda irrelevant considering KJ posted that a year ago you know... the chinese and english projects proved him wrong, but they appeared after he made that comment.
Or to put it another way, hurrah - you guys finally made the move that I had hoped for from my tauting statement which lit the fire to show up to me that it can happen. It's was actually all part of my plan to widen the knowledge of Japanese otaku culture to the rest of the world; same with how I strongly advocated the use of the word ero-games, otaku terminologies such as moe and tsundere, etc. etc. Make a snark comment to light up a fire inside you guys to prove me wrong, and you did.

Congrats to all, if my memory serves correct, the people involved in translating Umineko has made a pivotal step in foreign otaku history - I think this is actually the first time any type of PC game was translated before it (obiviously will become) "mainstream" when the anime airs. Didn't happen when I tried advocating Tsukihime, did not happen at Fate, did not happen at Kiminozo, and nor did it happen at Higurashi. But you did it with Umineko! clap clap clap~.

Taking a look back for the entire five years I have been at animesuki, the base knowledge and the make-up of the members (esp. the number of fans who can read, write, type, and play games in Japanese) of this entire board has grown exponentially to become on par with otaku culture in Japan. Heck, only five years ago, practically no one knew that FMP was based on a light novel, moreso people didn't know what a light novel was!! Things has changed so much.
kj1980 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.