AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-22, 08:23   Link #3021
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah. The end could yet be Lelouch overseeing the reconstruction of Pendragon and/or Tokyo, next to a sign reading:
"Recruiting:
- architects
- urban planners
- construction workers
- queens
All applicants welcome."
Is it supposed to be a joke? (I laughed) If it is, then explain your point for saying that, instead of just joking ;p
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 08:25   Link #3022
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Of course it's a joke.


...



The recruitment for that last job is by invitation only.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 08:58   Link #3023
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Well, I have a new theory about C.C.

Some person said/think that she wants to die after saying that:

"...but I want to end the accumulation of experience..."

BUT, lelouch said that when talking with Schneizy

"But a life without change isn't called being alive. That's just an experience." ( I see that as a hint about C.C.. Not that she will die (she might die, that's one of the possibility), but that she will try to change. And there are not one possibility for that. Even if it's just to change his view about the life she has.

Then lelouch said:

"And because you're too brillant,you're not seeing it. Yes... Emperror Charles sought yesterday. You seek today. But I want tomorrow. "

Schneizy: "Tomorrow might be worse than today."

"No, it'll be better".

"Because no matter how much times it takes, people whill continue to strive for happiness."

Schneizy: "But that leads to greed. This floolishness is astouning. That's just an emotion. Fruitless fabrication of ambitions and dreams."

"That's your limit, because you've been looking down on the world with the mark of the royal family. I've seen it numerous times. People struggling against misfortune. People searching for a future. They all continued too long for happiness and fought for it. The Root of Geass and Masks..."



SO! I don't think that lelouch hates geass anymore. And I don't see C.C. dying. She needs to understand that she has a future, even if she stays immortal. That she can still seeks and fights for happiness.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:06   Link #3024
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, I have a new theory about C.C.

Some person said/think that she wants to die after saying that:

"...but I want to end the accumulation of experience..."

BUT, lelouch said that when talking with Schneizy

"But a life without change isn't called being alive. That's just an experience." ( I see that as a hint about C.C.. Not that she will die (she might die, that's one of the possibility), but that she will try to change. And there are not one possibility for that. Even if it's just to change his view about the life she has.

Then lelouch said:

"And because you're too brillant,you're not seeing it. Yes... Emperror Charles sought yesterday. You seek today. But I want tomorrow. "

Schneizy: "Tomorrow might be worse than today."

"No, it'll be better".

"Because no matter how much times it takes, people whill continue to strive for happiness."

Schneizy: "But that leads to greed. This floolishness is astouning. That's just an emotion. Fruitless fabrication of ambitions and dreams."

"That's your limit, because you've been looking down on the world with the mark of the royal family. I've seen it numerous times. People struggling against misfortune. People searching for a future. They all continued too long for happiness and fought for it. The Root of Geass and Masks..."



SO! I don't think that lelouch hates geass anymore. And I don't see C.C. dying. She needs to understand that she has a future, even if she stays immortal. That she can still seeks and fights for happiness.
I never said that Lelouch hates Geass the plot itself makes Geass bad.
I am not the one that is sayin geass is bad.
The plot is.
Thus CC death flag is up again.
Spoiler for for spoiler:

I totally see CC talking and saying she's finally ran out of time.
Look at the people Lelouch thought about in that scene.
did you see CC anywhere?
No, because she is not fighting for a reason other than the promise of being his accomplice. She is seeing it through.
Thus i disagree with you assessment.
That scene had nothing to do with CC.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:07   Link #3025
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
...When was it confirmed that Charles was coming back?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:13   Link #3026
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Look at the people Lelouch thought about in that scene.
did you see CC anywhere?
No, because she is not fighting for a reason other than the promise of being his accomplice. She is seeing it through.
Thus i disagree with you assessment.
That scene had nothing to do with CC.
Because if you look that scene, it shows things that happened in the past and can't be changed.

Euphie is dead, it can't changed. Shirley is dead, it can't be changed. Kallen's mother is refrained and lost his will (apparently) can be changed ? Maybe but not for now. Charles's death, can't be changed. The happiness with everyone at ashford. Can't live that anymore. Mao. Can't be changed. Rollo, can't be changed. Nunnaly? I don't know what lelouch thinks.

So, things of the past. And he said "fought for ir" not "fight for it".

C.C. is tomorrow, not yesterday.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:14   Link #3027
Theron
Professional Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
...When was it confirmed that Charles was coming back?
Wakamoto is in the cast list for Turn 25.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
C.C. is tomorrow, not yesterday.
QFT. ^______^
__________________

Join the clubs! Yeah, I don't have anything smarter to say. -_-' T_T
«You know what I'd do. I mean, if I had my goddamn choice? ...»
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:16   Link #3028
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Because if you look that scene, it shows things that happened in the past and can't be changed.

Euphie is dead, it can't changed. Shirley is dead, it can't be changed. Kallen's mother is refrained and lost his will (apparently) can be changed ? Maybe but not for now. Charles's death, can't be changed. The happiness with everyone at ashford. Can't live that anymore. Mao. Can't be changed. Rollo, can't be changed. Nunnaly? I don't know what lelouch thinks.

So, things of the past. And he said "fought for ir" not "fight for it".

C.C. is tomorrow, not yesterday.
This is what we called grasping at straws.
That scene is irrelevant to CC.
it is talking about people who are fighting against the current of the world.
Not CC. This scene had nothing to do with CC.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:16   Link #3029
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Oh wonderful. Before we know it Euphie, Shirely and anyone else who died will pop up as well.

Guess it really is for REset.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:17   Link #3030
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
This is what we called grasping at straws.
That scene is irrelevant to CC.
it is talking about people who are fighting against the current of the world.
Not CC. This scene had nothing to do with CC.
This scene has nothing to do with c.c. that's true, because c.c. is not something of the past which can't be changed.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:17   Link #3031
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Then lelouch said:

"And because you're too brillant,you're not seeing it. Yes... Emperror Charles sought yesterday. You seek today. But I want tomorrow. "

Schneizy: "Tomorrow might be worse than today."

"No, it'll be better".

"Because no matter how much times it takes, people whill continue to strive for happiness."

Schneizy: "But that leads to greed. This floolishness is astouning. That's just an emotion. Fruitless fabrication of ambitions and dreams."

"That's your limit, because you've been looking down on the world with the mark of the royal family. I've seen it numerous times. People struggling against misfortune. People searching for a future. They all continued too long for happiness and fought for it. The Root of Geass and Masks..."
Ignoring the argument about C.C, that is actually a good insight into the root of Geass. A power to fight for happiness. Looking back, C.C desired to be loved and her power made people love her, Mao being abandoned and left alone, his power allows him to read thoughts to understand people so he will not be betrayed again. Charles always looking to the "past" and hating the deaths and betrayals of the royal family had a power to "change the past" or rather the memories of people. Looking at it, to me, their powers seem to stem from whatever is chaining them down from acquiring their happiness, but in the end it is the misuse of that power that leads to tragedies.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:22   Link #3032
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
...When was it confirmed that Charles was coming back?
No need to confirm it, after what happened lately, if Euphy were returning, it will not even be a surprise
No seriously...I don't know. he is in the listing of the cast, that's all.

Edit : Good point DemonGod, I didn't saw things of this way...but it's true that it works.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:23   Link #3033
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Ignoring the argument about C.C, that is actually a good insight into the root of Geass. A power to fight for happiness. Looking back, C.C desired to be loved and her power made people love her, Mao being abandoned and left alone, his power allows him to read thoughts to understand people so he will not be betrayed again. Charles always looking to the "past" and hating the deaths and betrayals of the royal family had a power to "change the past" or rather the memories of people. Looking at it, to me, their powers seem to stem from whatever is chaining them down from acquiring their happiness, but in the end it is the misuse of that power that leads to tragedies.
And? What lelouch is trying to say imo is that the people seek for happiness (or to do evil things). That they use mask, geass etc. But that's why the world is alive, because they make choice. Because they have the choice. Even to do good or evil things.

It's up to the people to choose. Yeah, using geass to do something evil is evil, that's true, but it's just a choice. It can be argued, but erasing that, imo, is not that what lelouch wants.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:28   Link #3034
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
And? What lelouch is trying to say imo is that the people seek for happiness (or to do evil things). That they use mask, geass etc. But that's why the world is alive, because they make choice. Because they have the choice. Even to do good or evil things.

It's up to the people to choose. Yeah, using geass to do something evil is evil, that's true, but it's just a choice. It can be argued, but erasing that, imo, is not that what lelouch wants.
I am not disagreeing with it, just pointing that out to farther the point that the geass powers seem to stem from whatever is chaining them down from attaining happiness. Though to be honest I am just not sure what to make of Rolo's but it might account for the fact that he was basically a lab rat geass user.

In the end perhaps the power is not inherently bad, but rather the possibility of misuse is what causes the tragedies we have seen and the misfortunes. But then where does the code fit into this? Being an immortal and forced to watch as the world changes around you while you alone remain unchanging.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:30   Link #3035
Theron
Professional Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Ignoring the argument about C.C, that is actually a good insight into the root of Geass. A power to fight for happiness. Looking back, C.C desired to be loved and her power made people love her, Mao being abandoned and left alone, his power allows him to read thoughts to understand people so he will not be betrayed again. Charles always looking to the "past" and hating the deaths and betrayals of the royal family had a power to "change the past" or rather the memories of people. Looking at it, to me, their powers seem to stem from whatever is chaining them down from acquiring their happiness, but in the end it is the misuse of that power that leads to tragedies.
Yeah, I always thought that Geass responds to some kind of an inner desire.

Also that implies that Lelouch secretly wants to command people. ^^

Edit: Maybe Rolo wanted to run faster when he was little?
__________________

Join the clubs! Yeah, I don't have anything smarter to say. -_-' T_T
«You know what I'd do. I mean, if I had my goddamn choice? ...»
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:32   Link #3036
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I am not disagreeing with it, just pointing that out to farther the point that the geass powers seem to stem from whatever is chaining them down from attaining happiness. Though to be honest I am just not sure what to make of Rolo's but it might account for the fact that he was basically a lab rat geass user.

In the end perhaps the power is not inherently bad, but rather the possibility of misuse is what causes the tragedies we have seen and the misfortunes. But then where does the code fit into this? Being an immortal and forced to watch as the world changes around you while you alone remain unchanging.
I am incline to agree.
If we compare it some type of super power.
It makes sense.
As there are good and bad super heroes.
I guess the point i am making is that
LELOUCH's GEASS is Bad inherently.
In the end Lelouch GEass is evil as making someone do something against there will is evil.
It's not that Geass is evil in it of itself but what his geass does makes it evil.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:34   Link #3037
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I am not disagreeing with it, just pointing that out to farther the point that the geass powers seem to stem from whatever is chaining them down from attaining happiness. Though to be honest I am just not sure what to make of Rolo's but it might account for the fact that he was basically a lab rat geass user.

In the end perhaps the power is not inherently bad, but rather the possibility of misuse is what causes the tragedies we have seen and the misfortunes. But then where does the code fit into this? Being an immortal and forced to watch as the world changes around you while you alone remain unchanging.
Everyone see the geass/code as a curse, but I wonder if even c.c. was wrong about that.

If the geass exists, there is a reason. The one who has a code has responsabilities. Yeah I know, c.c., charles etc made mistake. But as I said, the geass has a reason to exist imo. It can help the humans to change the world, to seek for future (what lelouch is trying to do).

It can help the humans to change their destiny. Lelouch said thanks to c.c. about that.

The one who possesses a code is not a cursed person, she/he is a chosen person imo.

But since the one who possesses a code is a human (despite immortality) he/she can do mistakes, but even so, it can change the world for something good or not. But the world still continue to change and that's what is important (at least for lelouch).
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:37   Link #3038
Theron
Professional Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 27
Another Chosen One?

At least this time they didn't had to chop of heads or go through doors...
__________________

Join the clubs! Yeah, I don't have anything smarter to say. -_-' T_T
«You know what I'd do. I mean, if I had my goddamn choice? ...»
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:50   Link #3039
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
I am incline to agree.
If we compare it some type of super power.
It makes sense.
As there are good and bad super heroes.
I guess the point i am making is that
LELOUCH's GEASS is Bad inherently.
In the end Lelouch GEass is evil as making someone do something against there will is evil.
It's not that Geass is evil in it of itself but what his geass does makes it evil.
That depends, sure Lelouch's power is easy to abuse and easy to use to dominate others. But stepping back and looking at it for a minute. Lelouch's power may make someone do things against their will but it is not like such a thing is only limited to geass. To a degree we have laws to control people, why? Because some people do bad things, but we stop them against their will for the good of the whole. Parents who shape their child's growth according to their own beliefs and ideology are also imposing their will upon that child. Now ofcourse Lelouch's geass takes that way farther but inherently control over others is not evil, it is a matter of how it is used.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 09:55   Link #3040
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
That depends, sure Lelouch's power is easy to abuse and easy to use to dominate others. But stepping back and looking at it for a minute. Lelouch's power may make someone do things against their will but it is not like such a thing is only limited to geass. To a degree we have laws to control people, why? Because some people do bad things, but we stop them against their will for the good of the whole. Parents who shape their child's growth according to their own beliefs and ideology are also imposing their will upon that child. Now ofcourse Lelouch's geass takes that way farther but inherently control over others is not evil, it is a matter of how it is used.
I agree with you . Is it a first? I'm joking

Well, the geass could disappear in 25, but what you said at least is true I think.

I wanted to say something like that XD
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.