AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Old 2008-09-23, 19:53   Link #6141
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
A user from a chinese forum has finished listening to 00 Drama CD 2. Some new info on Graham and Setsuna.

[spoiler]
Graham is an orphan. It seems that he becomes a soldier (and a pilot) because he loves the sky and has no money to become a normal plane pilot. Graham Special is named by Billy. He managed to transform his Flag mid air even though it was the first time he piloted it, and without reading the instructions . Graham's former superior officer (the one who died) chose Graham to become the husband of his daughter. Graham rejected it because he thought he was poor and didn't deserve her. Graham fought this superior officer during a simulation battle, which Graham won, but his superior's MS crashed as a result.

The drama CD also hints that Setsuna might not be chosen by Veda. As far as Tieria knew, Exia's pilot wasn't supposed to be so young. And when he tried to access to Veda for answers, there's sights of Setsuna's Meister Code being edited. Tieria wondered if Veda made adjustments itself or someone else did it (my guess? Ribbons). That's why Tieria doubted Setsuna as a Meister since the beginning. Eventually, Setsuna and Tieria had a computer simulation battle to sort out their differences. This where the flashback of Lockon in episode 25 took place, Lockon told Setsuna about the anti GN Field swords that Exia carries. The simulation battle ended. The result, Virtue took more damage than Exia. So Tieria sort of acknowledged Setusna, but stated that he could have defeated Setsuna in 5 seconds if he was serious, and first mentioned Nadleeh.
See, this is what grinds me gears. Why didn't they add things like that into the show. It would have definitely made things more interesting >_>.
Old 2008-09-23, 20:07   Link #6142
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
It would've for sure, but Gundam is a franchise, and 00 is a "universe", so whatever gets the money!
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 20:10   Link #6143
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

alot of the info they just live on thwe side lines would make the show alot more interesting, but no idea why they live it out
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 20:13   Link #6144
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

Well one reason why they leave the stuff in the drama CD out of the anime could be simple marketing. If fans know there's extra info on their favorite character in one product then they'd buy it, and Sunrise would get more money.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 20:38   Link #6145
dramatis
Machiavellian

There is a very small hint in the first season, in episode 24, that Setsuna might not have been chosen by Veda.

Tieria asks Sumeragi if Setsuna is confirmed by Veda, and there's a pause before Sumeragi confirms it. Setsuna himself seems kind of startled by this answer.

You wouldn't want them to waste time and money animating a catfight between Tieria and Setsuna. And the exposition of Graham's past most likely merits only a long dialog in which he spews his life story, thus making him OOC along with bad character development.

It's better if they sort out the details in side stories. The anime's focus isn't on the characters anyway—it's on GUNDAM.
Old 2008-09-24, 03:48   Link #6146
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The drama CD also hints that Setsuna might not be chosen by Veda. As far as Tieria knew, Exia's pilot wasn't supposed to be so young. And when he tried to access to Veda for answers, there's sights of Setsuna's Meister Code being edited. Tieria wondered if Veda made adjustments itself or someone else did it (my guess? Ribbons). That's why Tieria doubted Setsuna as a Meister since the beginning. Eventually, Setsuna and Tieria had a computer simulation battle to sort out their differences. This where the flashback of Lockon in episode 25 took place, Lockon told Setsuna about the anti GN Field swords that Exia carries. The simulation battle ended. The result, Virtue took more damage than Exia. So Tieria sort of acknowledged Setusna, but stated that he could have defeated Setsuna in 5 seconds if he was serious, and first mentioned Nadleeh.
Maybe the pilot of the 0 did something? (Apparently that person was like Tieria, or at least, not a normal human)
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 06:09   Link #6147
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Wasn't Ribbons the pilot of the 0 Gundam, and in the novels isn't it mentioned that
Spoiler for Opening scene:
Old 2008-09-24, 06:48   Link #6148
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Wasn't Ribbons the pilot of the 0 Gundam, and in the novels isn't it mentioned that
I don't remember it being mentioned that the 0's pilot was Ribbons, though it wouldn't surprise me. I remember there being some mention that the 0's pilot spared Setsuna because he looked up at the 0 as if it was a god, and that before then he questioned his own existence, but I don't remember there being something about how he should then become a god.

PS If the 00 is going to get the 0's drive as well, does this mean the 00 will have extra pretty particle effects?
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 09:37   Link #6149
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Hmm... I was rewatching the first PV for the PS2 game "Gundam Meisters" and there was a part where Exia is duking out against Virtue(Which just happens to become Nadleeh during tha point of the vid).

My guess is they might be putting some of the elements from the Drama CD into the Gundam Meisters PS2 game. Poor Graham... I got some Alto vibes about his past. Only thing is Alto was never poor... and he never shot down any of his comrade. (But the reverse happened)
Old 2008-09-24, 09:41   Link #6150
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
See, this is what grinds me gears. Why didn't they add things like that into the show. It would have definitely made things more interesting >_>.
Since like most Anime, Gundam 00 is made for the Japanese market, Sunrise doesn't care if people outside the country didn't have access to materials outside of the TV series. It IS more interesting to know all this, but there is no reason to put it all in the TV show when they can spread all the material out.
After all, why just sell the TV DVD when you can sell the drama CD, manga, and radio show on the side?

The fact that people outside Japan have trouble getting to the bonus stuff is irrelevant; it isn't tailor made for us to begin with.
Old 2008-09-24, 14:05   Link #6151
X207
Gamyūsa

this isnt really gundam 00 news but it has some common elements with gundam 00. i read today in the montreal gazette that the japanese are planning to build space elevators to get common ppl and cargo in the future. eventually they want to put power generators on top of them.

http://io9.com/5052993/japan-prepare...space-elevator
Old 2008-09-24, 18:19   Link #6152
jonli
JONLIの憂&#39

I never really understood the space elevator concept (I mean I believe them in a sci-fi anime).

But in real life how can it possibly support itself? When the earth moves wouldn't it like...snap?
Old 2008-09-24, 18:57   Link #6153
PzIVf3

New trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIBckCY6sPo
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:11   Link #6154
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I never really understood the space elevator concept (I mean I believe them in a sci-fi anime).

But in real life how can it possibly support itself? When the earth moves wouldn't it like...snap?
The structure is built in orbit moving along with the planets rotation. Because the structure is already moving at the same speed as the planet in the first place, you can say it is stationary relative to the planet's surface. There is no shearing force unless the planet decides to accelerate or decelerate immediately.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:12   Link #6155
UltimateClash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
For the record, that's from the Trans-Am DVD.
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:59   Link #6156
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
It didn't say that the pilot was Ribbons... It only hinted at the fact that the pilot was one of the Innovators.

And wasn't Ribbons like, "So THAT's a Gundam..." during the series as if he saw a Gundam for the first time?
Old 2008-09-24, 23:56   Link #6157
Delta Blue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
That isn't new.
Delta Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 00:16   Link #6158
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It is new...just only a bit of new footage