Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 00:06   Link #5901
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Actually, if there's one thing interim counts are useful for, it would be determining which character has no hope of winning, if there is an obvious one that has significantly less votes than the other two.
For example, let's take this round itself. If a voter just wants a Clannad character to advance and doesn't care much who advances, they'd do the interim count. If there's a significant advantage one Clannad girl has over the other, then of course that person will put his vote on the one who currently seems to have more votes.
Or it could also be used the other way around, where if a voter wants to knock out a specific character, then that voter will obviously not choose the one that has no chance of winning at all.
So Interim vote tallies inaccurate? Hell yes... as the way it should be. Fake voting is encouraged by the organizers for the very reason to make any interim counts to be off-target.
Interim vote tallies completely useless? Not really...
Yup... I was right... for the lulz...
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I voted Vita and Tomoyo.
I double posted on 2ch, just hope my vote still counts.
Should be fine...
They're aware that shit like that happens...
Just as long as you didn't post the same thing 10 times...... ^_^ You'd get B& for that....
*NODNOD*

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2008-09-26, 00:13   Link #5902
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sometimes the one that is lowest wins....expecially if the reader isn't reading all the results correctly (see Haruka vs. Rika vs. Kiri..when the early votes suggested Haruka had 33 votes, then was corrected to 109. Possibly cost Rika the win. But Haruka is Amazing...thus we'll roll with it)
Old 2008-09-26, 00:14   Link #5903
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Interim counts are most useful, not for actually getting results, but to give the match the impression of an ongoing race/fight, instead of a static poll that you vote once and forget about it.

tl;dr it makes the matches exciting.

Never forget
Old 2008-09-26, 00:50   Link #5904
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Interim counts are most useful, not for actually getting results, but to give the match the impression of an ongoing race/fight, instead of a static poll that you vote once and forget about it.

tl;dr it makes the matches exciting.
The problem here is that it drastically affects the voting pattern for the future time slots, and with voters out there trying to play the "get the opponent ahead with fake votes thing," it skews the winners dramatically.

EDIT: I got neg-repped for this?

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-09-29 at 07:08.
Old 2008-09-26, 01:03   Link #5905
OverFunk

I will reiterate that I prefer flavor over result.

Also, I'm willing to bet that most voters are unaware of the counter.

Never forget
Old 2008-09-26, 01:09   Link #5906
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Is it possible that some fake votes come from people who attempts multi-vote?
Old 2008-09-26, 01:18   Link #5907
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

If you think multi-voters are really that stupid. Sure.
Old 2008-09-26, 01:27   Link #5908
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well. We'll see what new legends are born out of Saimoe.
Old 2008-09-26, 02:57   Link #5909
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Match poster -

My picks -

If i'm going for tactical vote,i will go for Tomoyo,seeing that she is more capable in beating those titans compared to Kotomi.However,this is moe tournament --> pick for the one that you think is moe! ..so yeah..Kotomi is for me.Her gag is amazing... >w<
Old 2008-09-26, 03:47   Link #5910
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

I had a tough time deciding between Kotomi and Tomoyo, but I went with Tomoyo.
Old 2008-09-26, 05:33   Link #5911
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
This is such bad omen for Amu...
I hope we have such clean fight but someone break it...

Nah... I hope all fake ....
Bad omen, I have the feeling Amu and Kotomi (only Clannad girl that I care about) will lose today.

Kotomi-chan is getting bullied.

Old 2008-09-26, 06:46   Link #5912
wa-totem
3v!L Overlord

To be honest, I'm both appaled and in rage about the bans.

I was actually pretty certain saimoe's format was close to perfect - it's not that easy to participate, well at least it wasn't without all those helpful posts Ando made. Where I am, there's basically 2 or 3 major anime fan communities, so it's easy to gauge interest. I failed at getting more people to participate last year even when I translated Ando's instructions precisely... for most, the idea of going to 2ch to vote, getting the code etc. was just too much for a contest of this nature.
And yet, I see the entire national domains banned... domains, as that's all the error messages say; I have yet to see a confirmation about IP range bans. Actually, I did get a voting code from one of my boxes, but no matter what I tried I couldn't use it as 2ch balked at the domain to which my IP resolves. Yes, also when I tried that 2ch browser plugin Ando linked, which currently has a FF30-compatible version, too.

I already started poking around, as it's not really a problem to get even a .jp domain routed to my net uplink, not to mention a standard .com one. Since SOME of you are voting, I assume these select ones use ISPs who have .net/.com domains, and didn't attract enough rage to get specifically banned like comcast.

Even with all the bans the organizers aren't safe - it's not that difficult to create a private "elite" type proxy on a hosting account bought from a .jp provider, all you need is a few lines of code more, to equip the proxy so that it only forwards for 'known' hosts rather that just everyone. Proxy detection either uses header detection, which won't work for elite proxy, or proxy-list extention, which won't work for a private setup.

Sure, neither of the above can be done very quickly, at least for me. So i'm out this year. But you can count on it - I WILL be back the next year.

The funny part of it is the complains from a friend I made recently, who is a japanese student now based here in europe, who hoped to participate but can't. Clearly you're not a fan if you go abroad? LOL.

I do understand it's boring to just pore through a voting thread with tons of posts which contain nothing 'cept the code and votes, but... I don't see the problem abating, despite the bans. It seems the remaining unbanned people aren't that close to the ideal as seen by 2ch community members who, through their xenophobia, placed all the trolls abroad where they can be banned. In the final reckoning, 2ch achieved nothing, except infuriating a group of foreign fans actually hardcore enough to go and participate... seriously, do you think the oftenly-bashed "narutards" (take no offence please) would care enough to get the code, go and vote?

Back to today's voting, I'd go with Kotomi (Sorry Tomoyo ;__; ) and Sakuya. Even when I know she's doomed :/

Princesses and Witches
Old 2008-09-26, 07:44   Link #5913
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I hate this tactical voting,good bye Kotomi-Chan.Most of people thought Tomoyo

can beat Konata.
Old 2008-09-26, 07:55   Link #5914
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well to be honest, Tomoyo actually getting her own sequel, on top of being the only girl to get her own alternate reality in the anime made here the logical choice to win, despite Kotomi pulling much larger numbers in the first round.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-09-26, 08:04   Link #5915
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

Or perhaps Kotomi's almost 1000 votes in round 1 because her match is on the same day as Konata's and Rena vs Maria

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
Old 2008-09-26, 08:09   Link #5916
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
It would be almost lol funny if Aizawa Sakuya ended up wining that match. She is only about 10-20 votes behind Amu, and if the other two have a lot of fake votes we could see a flip in the end
Old 2008-09-26, 08:39   Link #5917
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Woah, didn't realise I hadn't voted >_<

http://changi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1222422823/453

Amuretto Anjeiru today

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2008-09-26, 08:53   Link #5918
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Question:

I'm heading out tomorrow for the weekend early and may not be able to vote normally. Is there any way to generate a code and vote as soon as the new match starts, because that might be my only chance for the Rena and Louise vs. Kyou matches?

When is the earliest possible time one can cast a vote and when must one generate a code to do so?

Can one generate a code from the previous match (a second code) and then not use it until the start of the following match?
Old 2008-09-26, 08:58   Link #5919
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Question:

I'm heading out tomorrow for the weekend early and may not be able to vote normally. Is there any way to generate a code and vote as soon as the new match starts, because that might be my only chance for the Rena and Louise vs. Kyou matches?

When is the earliest possible time one can cast a vote and when must one generate a code to do so?

Can one generate a code from the previous match (a second code) and then not use it until the start of the following match?
You can cue up for a vote code just shy of 30 minutes before the next day (23:31 JST) ... and then you can vote right at 1 JST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voting Code Thing
Codes are issued starting at 23:31 the day before through 23:03. Codes are good for 1 day.
From 23:04 - 23:30 you can get a list of all codes issued for that day.
So you can register for one in about 30 minutes... to vote in an hour and 30.
(if you check it right now you can see all the valid vote codes for Kotomi's match)

But the only "short-cut" voting you can do is in the last few minutes of each round.... if your lucky that not many people have used your ISP / IP / etc.. or at least you could last year.... between 22:55 and 23:00:59
Old 2008-09-26, 09:06   Link #5920
OverFunk

Hell yeah Amu. Low vote totals today, though.

Never forget
Closed Thread

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, saimoe