AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 10:23   Link #3161
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

She did change last names, so maybe, just maybe, it was not an entirely "legal" adoption, eh?

Old 2008-09-26, 10:36   Link #3162
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
She did change last names, so maybe, just maybe, it was not an entirely "legal" adoption, eh?
She looks just like him too.

As for romance, I'm really hoping they've put Mikhail to rest after the final episode. Klan needs to move on.
Old 2008-09-26, 10:48   Link #3163
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Yes, she does. It was a moving scene, tho.

Old 2008-09-26, 11:53   Link #3164
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

I'm Lost....
Old 2008-09-26, 12:37   Link #3165
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Lost... in thoughts?

Lost... in time?

Lost... in the randomness of life in general?

Old 2008-09-26, 13:46   Link #3166
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post

(I do believe that it would have a major focus on the LT, seeing that Kawamori just give that scene while laughing on his desk he is being hunted by AxS fans (Ranka fans seems to be seemingly calm... Wonder why?)... We still need to give him a chance for him to redeem himself in the movie )
Ranka's fans are calmer because they knew that sheryl had a huge lead after she left. Kawamori just even the odds because a AltoxRanka would have been so wrong. the fact that he Reset thing also could be trouble for Sheryl.
Old 2008-09-26, 15:32   Link #3167
Wesley84

Forgetting that Ranka is already dead to me, if she hooks up with Alto, she's a zombiefied corpse feasting on the brains of her onii-chans.
Old 2008-09-26, 16:59   Link #3168
golthin

i just finished watching episode 1-17 of macross 7. I have a question for the macross experts around here. when gilma went to take the doll house to the Physica's family.

Spoiler for question for episode 17 about physica's family:
Old 2008-09-26, 17:28   Link #3169
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Ranka's fans are calmer because they knew that sheryl had a huge lead after she left. Kawamori just even the odds because a AltoxRanka would have been so wrong. the fact that he Reset thing also could be trouble for Sheryl.
He may have evened the odds but it's still in Sheryl's favor as shown by several scenes throughout 25 let alone the events of 16-24. I mean c'mon, don't tell me Ranka's "Sheryl-san I won't loose from singing and love" didn't come off as a "rival" line. Seriously she came off as one of those 3rd wheels in a harem show telling the main girl that "it's not over yet". She's like the Tessa/Yoshida/Siesta to Sheryl's Kaname/Shana/Louise in that scene lol.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:31   Link #3170
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
He may have evened the odds but it's still in Sheryl's favor as shown by several scenes throughout 25 let alone the events of 16-24. I mean c'mon, don't tell me Ranka's "Sheryl-san I won't loose from singing and love" didn't come off as a "rival" line. Seriously she came off as one of those 3rd wheels in a harem show telling the main girl that "it's not over yet". She's like the Tessa/Yoshida/Siesta to Sheryl's Kaname/Shana/Louise in that scene lol.
If it was Sheryl who said that, I think rabid Ranka fans would jump on it so hard it'd make Katrina look like a friggin gust.

But facts are facts, Ranka is behind, and she admits to it. Give it up, people.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2008-09-26, 18:00   Link #3171
Westlo
Lets be reality

And you know the best thing Tak about this being resolved in the movie? Ranka fans can't whine about pity being the deciding factor XD
Old 2008-09-26, 18:04   Link #3172
Wesley84

Quote:
And you know the best thing Tak about this being resolved in the movie? Ranka fans can't whine about pity being the deciding factor XD
If the final episode established Ranka still being interested in Alto (I don't understand Japanese), then it's pretty much murder of her character, on top of the raping she received in 24.
Old 2008-09-26, 18:49   Link #3173
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
If the final episode established Ranka still being interested in Alto (I don't understand Japanese), then it's pretty much murder of her character, on top of the raping she received in 24.
Well she is still interested in him. She told Sheryl she won't lose in "love" and she was all mooning over Alto at the very end.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:03   Link #3174
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Well she is still interested in him. She told Sheryl she won't lose in "love" and she was all mooning over Alto at the very end.
So basically...Ranka didn't develope at all.

I suppose losing in love doesn't have to mean losing in regards to Alto. Ranka could have meant in finding some other guy, or in the general sense of loving and being loved by humanity.

Really though, if she's still interested in Alto, just f-k her. F-k the whole series.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:06   Link #3175
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:

I suppose losing in love doesn't have to mean losing in regards to Alto. Ranka could have meant in finding some other guy, or in the general sense of loving and being loved by humanity.
Even if that's what she meant you and I both know that 90% of Ranka fans will deny it.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:09   Link #3176
golthin

Quote:

Really though, if she's still interested in Alto, just f-k her. F-k the whole series.
she gave up on alto because she thought she was never going to see him again. plus she knew that Sheryl was after Alto after the rooftop incident. Of course, people are discounting that now Ranka knows everything that sheryl knows, so she know how far she has gotten with Alto. the advantages of having a mind meld!
Old 2008-09-26, 19:11   Link #3177
Westlo
Lets be reality

Eh she doesn't know how far Alto and Sheryl have gone, look at the last scene where Sheryl is gazing at Alto with contentment and understanding while Ranka is like "Oh...." and than she comes up with the rival line of "I won't lose" lol.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:26   Link #3178
golthin

Quote:
Eh she doesn't know how far Alto and Sheryl have gone, look at the last scene where Sheryl is gazing at Alto with contentment and understanding while Ranka is like "Oh...." and than she comes up with the rival line of "I won't lose" lol.
you do know that at that moment Ranka doesn't know what sheryl was thinking. Ranka is not connected to the network all the time and neigher is sheryl, only when they activate the bugs in the stomach by singing. When she saw sheryl that way, she say "Oh"... because she realized what she might have been thinking but not that she knew exactly what she was thinking. Be graceful for the Mind meld or you will have a dead sheryl by now!
Old 2008-09-26, 19:31   Link #3179
Wesley84

Quote:
Even if that's what she meant you and I both know that 90% of Ranka fans will deny it.
They're morons then. Ranka ditching him, and moving on would have been the best move her character could have possibly made, but the jackass director decided to be cute, and rather than allowing any of the characters real developement, he's exasperating the farce of a love triangle to keep people interested.
Old 2008-09-26, 20:15   Link #3180
Joachim
et tu, brute?

okay.. that line "i won't lose to you both in singing and love" certainly is like a loser line in the triangle, but here comes the bad thing about unresolved shit... people won't admit it

deny it all you want ranka fans, but what if sheryl is the one who said that?(like westlo's point) you guys will jump in joy and attack with any kind of reasoning to sheryl camp

FACT!

oh mind meld? so she knew everything about alto having feeling for her? and why with that attitude ? "i won't lose to you", if she saw what sheryl has been thinking (remember sheryl was thinking alto is favoring ranka over her) then ranka will not even say that, i won't lose to you is a loser word in any comic, anime, whatever you name it
Closed Thread

Tags
romance