AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 788 63.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 94 7.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.83%
Voters: 1236. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-28, 17:06   Link #1461
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
rofl dam Nunnally did try to run Lelouch over. Luckily he got to the stairs first.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:07   Link #1462
jedi423
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
It seems pretty obvious to me that Taniguchi wanted the ending to be open. Otherwise he could have made it very clear that Lelouch was really dead, or made it clear that he was the dude driving the cart.

If we're lucky we might get something more conclusive with the DVD picture books, but that's unlikely.
jedi423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:07   Link #1463
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Um... What puzzles?
My thoughts exactly...There is noting left to tell it's over people and for the love of god move on!
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:07   Link #1464
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2951 View Post
Think the Director will continue to leave Lelouch's fate open or actually put it to rest at some point?
his fate isnt open, he was stabbed thru the chest, and embraced his death

sure theres a few things that could point towards a possible survival, but its more people coming up with every theory possible in the hope of a 3rd season...
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:08   Link #1465
Salahuddin
Zechs is secks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Dead or alive, both have their own very valid theories. I'm sure that's what they wanted. If we fight we're only playing into their hands! World peace my foot, Sunrise is trying to make anime otakus around the world go to (flame) war! D:<!!

Err... right.

If they make another season, or OVA, or any form of a sequel, it will be ridiculous money milking. While I wouldn't mind a few prelude/interlude picture books to fill in some gaps, that's all.
Salahuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:09   Link #1466
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I don't think it was so open-ended as some people seem to think... I think some people are actually in denial... Like the time everyone doubted Rolo killed Shirley and said it was Suzaku.

Sometimes, people look TOO deeply into the obvious. I think that is the case here. XD
Yeah.....and they also kept saying that Nunnally didn't die in the explosion when she DID in fact die.......oh wait.......ooops
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:09   Link #1467
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Um... What puzzles?
Three things for me, Orange-kun, for a guy who just lost his lord he seems rather smug, and I'm not going into the whole he'll simply give into his Lord's wishes because of the results and what have you, he went with whatever Lelouch's direction was because of Lelouch, hell he restrained Lelouch for his own safety in Turn 19, leaves me in doubt now about the whole context.

The memory transfer to Nunnally, that was just way too detailed and the only example of that was the Immortals doing it. Gives me reason to speculate even more

The cart driver, the hell do you need to leave his face unseen with C.C acting like she's talking to Lelouch, if it really was just her talking to herself I don't see why the cart driver couldn't have been verified to avoid misconstruing anything, hence given Tanaguichi and Sunrise's past on these matters considering how they love to leave things open in their endings I think they want us to misconstrue things here and leave it open to interpretation, which I will happily take until told otherwise
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:11   Link #1468
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi423 View Post
It seems pretty obvious to me that Taniguchi wanted the ending to be open. Otherwise he could have made it very clear that Lelouch was really dead, or made it clear that he was the dude driving the cart.

If we're lucky we might get something more conclusive with the DVD picture books, but that's unlikely.
I call getting stabbed in the chest all the way through with a sword, no possible way to get help, and him wanting to die called a "Closed Ending." There is no evidence to say anything else. He did not get Charles Code and he did not want to be around. C.C. was just thinking out loud. Nothing more to it. There is a lot of straw grasping going on with him being alive. It just doesn't fit with how things went down.
__________________
Join the SANITY: The Anti-Pairing Brigade Social Group
Together we will stop the Kalulu and CluClu Cults with divine judgment!
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:11   Link #1469
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Yeah.....and they also kept saying that Nunnally didn't die in the explosion when she DID in fact die.......oh wait.......ooops
Hey all that got started because of a character chart some guys where doing on Bi-Globe...Nunnally being dead or alive that was always up in the air.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:12   Link #1470
vegyanik
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydrallen View Post
Do you know why there isn't a second Hitler after World War 2?
I had to reply to this post.

To assume, there haven't been others like Hitler since World War 2 is a completely ignorant declaration. It's just too derivative.

Exactly what criteria are you using to make such a statement? One of the biggest problems I have with History in Western Education is the complete ignorance of other dictators since then. People conveniently choose to believe Hitler was the end all, be all of power abusing corrupt dictators.

If World War 2 really was the end, then we wouldn't have seen Stalin, Ceauşescu, Yahya Khan, Pinochet, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Ayatollah Khomeini, Saddam Hussein, Milošević, and, these are just the ones off of the top of my head. Oh yes, the current notorious one - Omar al-Bashir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
because no one would elect a madman like that again?

Obviously their are people like Hitler, for example Osama Bin Laden.
To assume Hitler and Osama Bin Laden are one and the same is a completely disparaging point of view. Hitler was a political leader. Osama Bin Laden is a religious fundamentalist. The former was a dictator. The latter is a terrorist.

If you assume madmen would not be elected, then Saddam Hussein wouldn't have come to power. Idi Amin wouldn't have come to power. Ayatollah Khomeini wouldn't have come to power. Slobodan Milošević wouldn't have come to power. Robert Mugabe wouldn't have come to power.

To assume that madmen will not be elected is a foolish and ignorant statement, and you're lying to yourself. Why don't you learn some post World War 2 history and then start commenting? World War 2 wasn't the end. Since then there have been many wars, dictators, and, yes, genocides.

Within World War 2, people only wish to focus on what happened in Nazi Germany, and that too only on the Jewish population's tragedy. Well guess what, the total number of victims goes all the way up to between 10 and 12 million, and, that too only through the best possible estimates. The other victims are conveniently forgotten as if they aren't worthy of remembrance. That itself is extremely discriminatory.

On top of that, the 20 million Chinese who were put into concentration camps and systematically killed by the Imperial Japanese Military after human experimentation and cannibalism (yes, you read that correctly) seem to have no mention whatsoever in history textbooks. People seem to know about Auschwitz, but, no one seems to have the faintest idea what Unit 731 is.

Since World War 2, there were many other genocides. Cambodia, Uganda, Bangladesh (then East Pakistan), Iraq (Kurdish region), Serbia/Bosnia/Sarajevo, Rwanda/Burundi, Sudan (Darfur Region). Need I go on? There are plenty more.

The way media chooses to focus only on one as the end all, be all disgusts me, not to mention, Hollywood and Corporate America has already succeeded in making The Holocaust (specifically Ha'Shoa while conveniently refusing to acknowledge the Porajmos and other victims) into a brand. If we truly believed that World War 2 would end it all, then these other tragedies wouldn't have occurred.

Stop believing all the propaganda shoved down your throat and learn to use your own brain for a change. History has shown, that there will always be someone who'll come up to power and use it and abuse it without control and check, regardless of the measures and systems used in play to keep them from doing so.

Last edited by vegyanik; 2008-12-26 at 09:52.
vegyanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:12   Link #1471
Tael
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I call getting stabbed in the chest all the way through with a sword, no possible way to get help, and him wanting to die called a "Closed Ending." There is no evidence to say anything else. He did not get Charles Code and he did not want to be around. C.C. was just thinking out loud. Nothing more to it. There is a lot of straw grasping going on with him being alive. It just doesn't fit with how things went down.
Welcome to shipping. Because, frankly, that is seemingly the main reason for these straw graspings and strawman arguments.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:13   Link #1472
neothe0ne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I'm not reading all these pages, but I'll assume Tanaguchi's "satisfying" or w.e it was ending for Lelouch is that at least Kallen understood what he was trying to do in the end.
__________________
neothe0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:14   Link #1473
Sprite_Coke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington
Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Has there been any update to the website yet?
__________________
Click for my MyAnimeList
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:15   Link #1474
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Three things for me, Orange-kun, for a guy who just lost his lord he seems rather smug, and I'm not going into the whole he'll simply give into his Lord's wishes because of the results and what have you, he went with whatever Lelouch's direction was because of Lelouch, hell he restrained Lelouch for his own safety in Turn 19, leaves me in doubt now about the whole context.

The memory transfer to Nunnally, that was just way too detailed and the only example of that was the Immortals doing it. Gives me reason to speculate even more

The cart driver, the hell do you need to leave his face unseen with C.C acting like she's talking to Lelouch, if it really was just her talking to herself I don't see why the cart driver couldn't have been verified to avoid misconstruing anything, hence given Tanaguichi and Sunrise's past on these matters considering how they love to leave things open in their endings I think they want us to misconstrue things here and leave it open to interpretation, which I will happily take until told otherwise

Pretty sure they left things open so that if it all works out they can continue the story to a certain extent.

But for now I'm labelling Lelouch as dead until further notice.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:15   Link #1475
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Welcome to shipping. Because, frankly, that is seemingly the main reason for these straw graspings and strawman arguments.
Think what you will, I still think given Tanaguichi's track record though and some peculiar puzzeles that I will give myself the benefit of the doubt on the matter till proven otherwise and definitively for it, which I think won't really happen and if it does I feel good about my chances that I picked things up correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Pretty sure they left things open so that if it all works out they can continue the story to a certain extent.

But for now I'm labelling Lelouch as dead until further notice.
That's my entire point really, we leave things open for the time being <_<

I on the other hand will put him on 'dead to the rest of the world' while possibly living his own life now that peace has been achieved on the matter
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:16   Link #1476
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Behind you!
Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Yeah.....and they also kept saying that Nunnally didn't die in the explosion when she DID in fact die.......oh wait.......ooops
You know.... We saw him getting stabbed.
We saw his blood.
We saw him close his eyes.
We was C.C. and Suzaku's tears.

Who thinks this is obvious?

*hand raised*

I know it's sad...but....
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:17   Link #1477
Jibade
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Send a message via AIM to Jibade Send a message via MSN to Jibade Send a message via Yahoo to Jibade
I enjoyed the series overall had its up and down. Reminded me of how Harry Potter ended it was some gaps which one can interpret their own way. Anyway now that this is done what is there to see ;_; in Falls Anime schedule.
Jibade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:19   Link #1478
CharlesDiBritannia
IRABUYUU
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: And you want to know...why?
Bring on the AU fanfiction, joy -_-. I'm staying neutral on the whole DOA? matter and instead shall rant on this:

SUZAKU'S KNIGHTMARE BLEW UP! HOW CAN A GEASS WORK AS A PHYSICAL SHIELD??!?!?!?

And furthermore: They left 'Pudding Earl' open too
__________________
All men are not created equal. Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of a greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different. Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That is why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is. ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
CharlesDiBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:20   Link #1479
NextTime
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
If he were alive he is a hell of a faker. With a mob of people watching and Nunally holding him while having a fit?
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:20   Link #1480
RevRayCool
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I call getting stabbed in the chest all the way through with a sword, no possible way to get help, and him wanting to die called a "Closed Ending." There is no evidence to say anything else. He did not get Charles Code and he did not want to be around. C.C. was just thinking out loud. Nothing more to it. There is a lot of straw grasping going on with him being alive. It just doesn't fit with how things went down.
Guilford disappeared in a globe of pink FLEIJA light, and he came out of it with sunglasses.

This is Sunrise. Logic does not apply if fan opinion (and profit margins) are strong enough.
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.