AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-28, 18:08   Link #881
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, with M7 the whole romance aspect wasnīt that important as with MF. Basara was disinterested ( at least in Mylene... Emilia and Sivil are another thing ), Mylene was too immature and Gamlin was too apathetic.
i have only watched 21 episodes of M7 and I can't believe people say the LT was not as important. 60% of the plot have been Basara disinterest, Gamlin falling head over heels for Mylene and Mylene realizing she has feeling for Basara and Gamlin. the rest is just repetition of Basara shooting speakers into the enemy VF and singing, And Gamlin being pissed at Basara.
Yet there is more romance to come with Sivil. I can understand people downplaying the romance in M7 because the M7 unresolved ending has so much in common with MF. Basara attitude toward mylene is all her fault. she acted toward him as a brat in the beginning, but the first time Basara started noticing Mylene was the night she wore her kimono, to try sweet talk him into taking the job.
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 18:13   Link #882
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
nope, i would say you got it wrong

alto was serious in killing ranka (his yell of rage in eps 24, which leads up to..) up to when he "saw" that ranka was tied up and crying help me, by then he know that ranka was being used and try to help her

If by any chance it was fully ranka's will to destroy humanity, alto will surely kill her
I agree with the above statement. Alto was fully intent on killing Ranka, until he saw whatever it was he did they were doing to her. So, I'd say he also misunderstood Sheryl's reaction.

Anyways, there's still fodder for endless discussions about this series, even without the movie, wouldn't you say so?
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 18:19   Link #883
Elandyll
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: AZ - USA
Age: 42
Total sensory overload, it was awesome

10/10

I am indee a bit bugged by the unresolved LT (there are plenty of signs for ShreylxAlto people though, incuding the dialogue right before he takes off again in his VF25), but the episode was epic in scope and brought imo entire (well alsmot) satisfaction.

I do hope that the Movie will bring what the additional episodes of SDF Macross brought, aka closure, instead of waht DYRL was (Mecha porn but a story retelling).

I think that the movie could definitely introduce conflict in the LT to bait us some more (Ranka in trouble as her role in the Vajra war is under investigation. Trial even? - needing Alto's help and support), another Sheryl misunderstanding (leading her to believe that Alto stayed with her out of pity rather than love), and bam!, we only know for sure (despite all the clues) after another 2h when they finally kiss.

During that time, we see the group behind Grace making another attempt at controling Vajra's/ taking revenge on the colonists, Bilrer's role being explained, an Alto+ Brera+ Ozma fight vs some elite Cyborg pilots brought by that "other" group, intervention of the protoculture (BirdMan), and finally, right before Alto confesses clearly his love to Sheryl (after of course an epic battle Quarter vs Super destroyer + tons of fighters during which both Seryl and Ranka sing), we finally have a shot at what happened to the Megaroad 01.

Now THAT would make me happy
Elandyll is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 18:21   Link #884
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
i have only watched 21 episodes of M7 and I can't believe people say the LT was not as important. 60% of the plot have been Basara disinterest, Gamlin falling head over heels for Mylene and Mylene realizing she has feeling for Basara and Gamlin. the rest is just repetition of Basara shooting speakers into the enemy VF and singing, And Gamlin being pissed at Basara.
Yet there is more romance to come with Sivil. I can understand people downplaying the romance in M7 because the M7 unresolved ending has so much in common with MF. Basara attitude toward mylene is all her fault. she acted toward him as a brat in the beginning, but the first time Basara started noticing Mylene was the night she wore her kimono, to try sweet talk him into taking the job.
Wrong. Again. There is simply no comparison between the two shows in regards to the triangle. Mostly because two of the three characters in it just suck the whole show into a vacuum of suckyness. The only tolerable one was Gamlin, and he was so apathetic ( or mild-mannered ) most of the time, that he deservedly can be called the most boring main of all Macross shows.

People complained about Alto being rude ( in the beginning of the show ) and Ranka being immature ( until the very end of the show ^^ ).

Man, they donīt have anything on Basara and Mylene in those respective departments. Compared to those two, Alto was super-curteous and Ranka extremely mature.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 18:51   Link #885
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Nah, Sheryl is the absolutely best one.
QFT! very true. best female anime lead in a long long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
In the beginning, yes. But as the series progressed, you saw that Alto cared deeply about Sheryl and his other friends. I mean, can you imagine Basara getting as emotional about anyone as Alto did over Sheryl in episode 22? Or having a tender scene with Mylene, as Alto did during the dinner in 23? Basara was about the music, always, everywhere. Then, faaaar behind that came his friends.
Well Basara did get emotional eventually, the two instances that come into my mind are when "they" wouldn't listen to his song to the point where he got so frustrated that the shot missiles. Gamlin had to get his head straight. He got pretty emotional when he was trying to wake up Sivil.

I do think that eventually Basara would have found someone, Emilia maybe if she wasn't realted to Mylene.

You're right about the friends though. As much as Alto pretended to be a loner, Basara barely cared about his band mates.
squaresphere is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 18:55   Link #886
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
QFT! very true. best female anime lead in a long long time.
Couldn't agree more. And she actually looked content there in the end - her acceptance of Ranka's ill-fated challenge being very charming, as well - so, one more reason I can't be all that frustrated about this episode.

Gosh, I wish the movie was coming out already.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 19:20   Link #887
morphincheese
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Thumbs up

felt 25 ended off in the best way. only thing i'd like to have seen is the explanation behind bilrer and the minmay thing, although some of the theories are pretty good, using the vajra network to find megaroad 1.

the relationship stuff as with the original series were bonuses, not the focal point for me, happy enough that the 3 have the freedom to make their choices. if you want to see who finally wins, then petition for a slice of life spinoff.

what stunk for me about the original macross were the post war eps, good idea, but the execution was so dragged out, i couldn't have cared less, which is why dyrl was great because it tightened up the whole story and focused on the best parts, became epic. no comment on m7, couldn't get into it.

so if the mf were to do the same thing, just tighten up the story, cut out the filler and accentuate the best parts (go go even more mecha porn), i'd be happy.

if they were going to continue the plot, i hope they got something up their sleeves because going to a c-ranked villain now that grace and cohorts are done, would suck.
morphincheese is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 19:42   Link #888
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
btw. did someone had the following theory in mind and came to the end that alto and sheryl will be the winners of the TL?

There is an expression in german which is called "was sich liebt, das neckt sich" translated: Lovers always tease each other.

Who would've bet on this?
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 19:48   Link #889
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
btw. did someone had the following theory in mind and came to the end that alto and sheryl will be the winners of the TL?
Based on the subtle references throughout 25, Sheryl won.

Ranka was the one who looked at Sheryl with questionable confidence going "I will not lose to you! >3<"

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 19:58   Link #890
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
I was already confident in episode 24 with the dialogue between Alto and Sheryl and because of the "melodramatic" background music.

Quote:
Ranka was the one who looked at Sheryl with questionable confidence going "I will not lose to you! >3<"
at the end of DYRL after the battle against the zentraedis, you see minmay putting her arm in the air with the papers in her hand. also comparable with that what ranka said at the end. oboete ima suka and aimo are both love songs (although aimo is more sounding like lets make love). I would interpret it more like "Sheryl, you havewon, but don't loose him or else I'll have my chance on him". It is a lovely challenge but Ranka knows whom altos' heart belongs to - second to his love for the sky -. also have to keep in mind that ranka has to ravel up her past since she now knows that a family related is still alive.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2008-09-28 at 20:04. Reason: grammar correction....
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 20:05   Link #891
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Why wait until 24 when 22 already given us a wonderfully structured love scene?

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 20:11   Link #892
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Based on the subtle references throughout 25, Sheryl won.

Ranka was the one who looked at Sheryl with questionable confidence going "I will not lose to you! >3<"

- Tak
you know, when it comes to who won or lost, you don't have much credibility because you have Sheryl's shipper goggles on. It is like the Ranka shippers using Alto right hand to reach for the girls, and because Ranka is on the right side , that he chose her. Now you use the subtle things that are mostly homage to the previous macross series to give sheryl a victory in case the movie is just a retelling and this never get solved.

Why can't it be accepted that the director let the LT unresolved even though Sheryl should have won. I know it was crappy to reset everything, heck i wish Alto had actually kissed sheryl( it is still not 100% sure that he kissed her that time off camara). There must be a reason that sheryl thought that Alto was just pretending to be lovers with her. She knew that if they were really lovers he would have kissed her that night after dinner.

If kawamori want to resolve the LT in the movie it has to be a Sheryl win, or he has to come with a very good reason for an Alto x Ranka ending. Only way i see it happening is the sheryl keeps singing and starts going back on tours and Alto doesn't want to leave his "sky".
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 20:14   Link #893
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I think the final episode pretty much conveys the fact that Alto's heart belongs to the stage. He might take a token wife to make babies, but he'll never truly love her, whomever she is. He is an Acktore! Nothing more, impossible to be any less!
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 20:24   Link #894
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
you know, when it comes to who won or lost, you don't have much credibility because you have Sheryl's shipper goggles on. It is like the Ranka shippers using Alto right hand to reach for the girls, and because Ranka is on the right side , that he chose her. Now you use the subtle things that are mostly homage to the previous macross series to give sheryl a victory in case the movie is just a retelling and this never get solved.

Why can't it be accepted that the director let the LT unresolved even though Sheryl should have won. I know it was crappy to reset everything, heck i wish Alto had actually kissed sheryl( it is still not 100% sure that he kissed her that time off camara). There must be a reason that sheryl thought that Alto was just pretending to be lovers with her. She knew that if they were really lovers he would have kissed her that night after dinner.

If kawamori want to resolve the LT in the movie it has to be a Sheryl win, or he has to come with a very good reason for an Alto x Ranka ending. Only way i see it happening is the sheryl keeps singing and starts going back on tours and Alto doesn't want to leave his "sky".

Well it is very clear that they kissed each other. As a boy/girl if you clear a tear from a girls eye you would instinctly try to kiss her (on a romantic moon light). if he did not do it, sheryl has done it. you can also see a small head move from both although the camera was scrolling up.

if MF is still the homage to 25 years of macross this is a rollback of the original macross series with other characters only but the same love theme and triangle it had.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 20:29   Link #895
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Yeah, ever noticed 22 was the most romantic scene in Frontier? You cannot find a similar scene for Ranka.

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 20:32   Link #896
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Why can't it be accepted that the director let the LT unresolved even though Sheryl should have won. I know it was crappy to reset everything...
You just answered your question actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothlin
...heck i wish Alto had actually kissed sheryl( it is still not 100% sure that he kissed her that time off camara). There must be a reason that sheryl thought that Alto was just pretending to be lovers with her. She knew that if they were really lovers he would have kissed her that night after dinner.
But putting it this way makes you sound as if you had goggles on yourself.

Basically, all this too over-rationalizing is like having a pair of goggles on. But if you watched the old series, you'd have to be blind to miss an homage scene or two. Moreover, I think, by looking at what has happened so far we can at least see where the development was headed towards to had the final episode chose to resolve the triangle. Of course, nothing is truly final yet on this front, but it was indeed pretty close.

The purpose of the movie is pretty simple really. More money.
kujoe is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 20:32   Link #897
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, ever noticed 22 was the most romantic scene in Frontier? You cannot find a similar scene for Ranka.

- Tak
i watched slow motion episode 22 just a couple of minutes ago. Minute 14:04 on [gg] fansub. both heads on the same height and moving together!

Quote:
The purpose of the movie is pretty simple really. More money.
or the budget went low for the project. have to think to create a series also costs money and maybe the marketing department had low budget so that they had to restructure the money flow.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 20:51   Link #898
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, ever noticed 22 was the most romantic scene in Frontier? You cannot find a similar scene for Ranka.

- Tak
no doubt about it. that is why I crowned sheryl the winner before we got trolled by kawamori .The closer that Ranka got to that was their moment making paper airplanes and Alto was like "meh" to her there. the confession and goodbye was also heartbreaking. Sheryl had two big romantic moments(not counting the dinner scene) vs Ranka having one.

sheryl's "lets stop pretending to be lovers" was kind of the same as Ranka goodbye(I think Sheryl thought she was not going to Survive the battle), but Sheryl got to lock lips with Alto and Ranka didn't.

Maybe in the movie we actually get to see the kiss and if anything else happened after that!
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 21:01   Link #899
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
the best way to shut a boys mouth is to kiss him. :P

ok. joke beside. as you said sheryl is aware that she won't survive the battle maybe and she said it so that alto does not have to worry about her. stupid girl at the moment, because she has alto already that far that he is taking care of her.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2008-09-28, 22:12   Link #900
-Tsuzuki-
mahou tsukai
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Wrah. Is it too much to expect something on par with the original Macross ending, romance wise? And to add insult to injury, they had to bring Minmay back too. Why?

Oh well. The rest of the episode was nice. Kawamori can make up for the non-ending by telling the Megaroad story.
__________________
-Tsuzuki- is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.