AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 789 63.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.81%
Voters: 1239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-29, 01:45   Link #2181
Lilslugga
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Well we know Lelouch couldn't have become immortal from Charles or C.C. so how did Nunnally
see Lelouch's memories?
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:46   Link #2182
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Could've been symbolic for our benefit, and Nunnally just realized his plans. Kallen figured out the same thing, but she didn't see his memories.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:50   Link #2183
Hiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
i haven't seen the subs, i'm only basing this from my interpretation of what he said. again, my japanese understanding is not that good. but judging from what you just said, it sounded more like a responsibility to and to stay by Nunnally's side, protect her just like what he wished last season. Only as a new identity. Suzaku is dead, he can never live that existence again. He is now living Lelouch's entity, Zero.
Since you didn't see the subs, I'll tell you one more thing that was said, in case you didn't understand. Lelouch told Suzaku that wishes are like the Geass. Asking someone to do something you can't accomplish on your own. And that Lelouch would put himself under a Geass called "the wishes of everyone"
After Suzaku stabbed Lelouch and they talked about his punishement, Suzaku said "This Geass.. I did receive it"

But how do you mean when you say that the act of killing Lelouch is the punishment he was referring to? The burden of killing his best friend you mean? Heh, now that I think about it, wouldn't that be more of the burden? And to be forced to live a new life a punishment to atone for what he did in the past? That is, to deny him his wish to kill himself and the release of death because he doesn't think he deserves to live, he was given the punishment of a life of servitude to make up for the past. At least that's the way I interpreted it.
__________________

Last edited by Hiku; 2008-09-29 at 02:43.
Hiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:51   Link #2184
Taishou
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilslugga View Post
Well we know Lelouch couldn't have become immortal from Charles or C.C. so how did Nunnally
see Lelouch's memories?
How are you sure he didn't get the code from Charles without knowing it?
Taishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:51   Link #2185
Lilslugga
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Also what does R2 stand for that whole R.R. explanation sounded a little off but i want to know what it really means
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:51   Link #2186
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Great episode. Truly bittersweet. Got unintentionally spoiled before watching, but that didnt take much from my enjoyment. That was just great.
__________________
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:52   Link #2187
Lilslugga
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taishou View Post
How are you sure he didn't get the code from Charles without knowing it?
he still had geass after their last encounter
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:52   Link #2188
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
My blood pressure is fine, watching Taniguchi chicken out just pisses me off. I can't tell what was more childish Avatar the Last Airbender or Code Geass, thinking about its definatly Code Geass, while Avatar also had no one die, they at least managed to tackle its theme with some maturity.

Its made clear that theirs no magical answer, only by working together can Zuko, Aang, and everyone else make peace. Code Geass on the other hand cares more about giving everyone a happy ending so they place Ohgi, as Prime minister. You might as well have Tamaki as the Prime Minister.
Yeah, but with Avatar, nearly the entire series outside of the last arc was made irrelevant. All of the training, info they came across, experiences, nearly all of it was meaningless since Aang just went Super Saiyan Avatar and wrecked shit. That was yet another series that got rushed so badly that it transformed into shit.

I own the entire Avatar series on DVD, and after a year or so, when I can stomach watching it again, I guarantee I will never watch the final battle again. All of the training and interesting twists along the way that ended up being meaningless was what made the show. I'll just watch all of that and ignore the ending.

Code Geass was even worse than that however. I have no reason to watch it again. I'm thankful that I was entertained a bit all of these months, but to say that that entertainment was fleeting is a huge understatement.
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:53   Link #2189
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilslugga View Post
Also what does R2 stand for that whole R.R. explanation sounded a little off but i want to know what it really means
ReRouch?
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:54   Link #2190
Lilslugga
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
i loved the ending of avatar although what you said is true
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:56   Link #2191
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilslugga View Post
i loved the ending of avatar although what you said is true
But did you love it because of how the final battle and the politics all worked out? Or because of all of the happily ever after relationships? See what I mean?

Edit: Indeed. My bad. Though there was a certain relevance to it.

Last edited by JesseJamesRocket; 2008-09-29 at 01:59. Reason: @ Rising Dragon
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:58   Link #2192
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Let's not get off-topic by talking about Avatar, please.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:59   Link #2193
Lilslugga
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
But did you love it because of how the final battle and the politics all worked out? Or because of all of the happily ever after relationships? See what I mean?
I strictly liked it for the fights i couldn't give a damn about that kids love life.
Azula going crazy classic

but yeah back on topic
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 01:59   Link #2194
destructionmama
DM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I don't know if this is posted b4 (I just don't want to read all 110 pages XD)

but I found this on another forum, I can finally sleep now after reading it

Quote:
My take is that Lelouch is alive.

The most obvious reason would be CC calling to Lelouch in the closing scene of the episode. As we can assume CC to be still sane, she must be talking to someone, and that someone would most probably be the driver of the cart: Lelouch would have to be alive.

Second, however, and this is where the others have thought things through, Lelouch is alive because he got his dad’s code. He beckoned the World of C to lend him its powers, and he took Charles’s code before Charles passed on. The reason why Lelouch still has his Geass is because he didn’t take the Code from the same person who gave him his Geass: he took his Geass from CC, and he took his Code from Charles. Thus, he now possesses both immortality and a Geass. This is also a reason that the title is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

To further corroborate this, however, remember that when Nunnally held Lelouch’s hand he transferred his memories to her. CC also did it when Lelouch touched her accidentally back then, so it could be assumed that people with Codes are indeliberate telepaths. This leaves us with both immortals traversing the world for the rest of eternity.

It’s a great end, friends.

P.S. Ending line of CC translated by bibi: “Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you… well, I guess thats a little wrong… eh, Lelouch”

P.P.S. Additional evidence, courtesy of `Nergal and 4chan:

1. Charles grabbed Lelouch with his right hand, which had the Geass sigil.
2. Lelouch needed the fully evolved Geass to transfer a code.
3. The code doesn’t appear to activate until someone dies. Hence, why C.C. was wounded when she first inherited her code. Same happened with Charles in the World of C.
4. When Lelouch touched Nunnally, Nunnally got a flash of his memories. This ONLY happens when a high potential Geass user touches someone with the fully evolved Geass.
5. The title of the series is “R2″, which is similar to how “C.C” is pronounced. So Lelouch would be “R.R.” which is Engrish (I presume) for L.L., Lelouch Lamprouge.
6. When C.C. is talking on the wagon, she says “the power of Geass brings loneliness…that’s not quite right is it, Lelouch?” and nods her head in the direction of the wagon driver.

P.P.P.S More evidence, courtesy of an intelligent anon from 4chan:

Orange knew of Lelouche’s and Suzaku’s plan and helped them out by ordering his men not to fire on Zero, he even smiled when Zerozaku jumped on his shoulder.

Now would Orange, a man who devoted himself entirely to Lelouche and threw away everything without a second thought be OK with a plan where the sole person he wants to protect in life is actually killed? The answer to that is NO, not even if Lelouche ordered him to accept the plan: he would not go along with it and would protect him with his life. There is only one way that Orange would be OK with a plan like that and thats if he knew about Lelouche’s immortality, which I assume he did as he worked with V.V. in the Geass research base. Orange was OK with this plan as he knew Lelouche would come to no harm and would be able to start a new peaceful life with the woman he loves in a world which he himself had made peaceful.

Even at the end, we see Orange on his orange plantation, completely content with the way things have panned out, he definitely could not be that happy had Lelouche actually died.

There it is, firm evidence of Lelouche’s immortality if the scene with C.C. and the cart driver wasn’t painfully obvious enough.
destructionmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 02:04   Link #2195
Kanzaki Urumi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
It was funny watching Jeremiah working in an orange farm. Still cant believe this series had ended. Feeling kinda empty atm.
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 02:04   Link #2196
Lilslugga
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Man it's COLD in here.
that thing about charles may or mat not be true it is a possible explanation and i distinctly remeber C.C. talking to herself on multiple occasions.
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 02:06   Link #2197
Hiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilslugga View Post
Man it's COLD in here.
that thing about charles may or mat not be true it is a possible explanation and i distinctly remeber C.C. talking to herself on multiple occasions.
I believe she was talking to Marianne. She gained the ability to speak to C.C., (and seemingly Charles as well because he was seen speaking to himself as well on a few occasions) after she transfered to Anya's body.
__________________
Hiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 02:07   Link #2198
Lilslugga
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiku View Post
I believe she was talking to Marianne.
But the times i remember weren't exactly relevant
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 02:07   Link #2199
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Can we please stop talking about Lelouch being alive/dead, and talk about something else

Like how Lelouch must have some kind of bondage fetish

I mean look at Nunally, and Schneizel?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 02:08   Link #2200
Lilslugga
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Yeah that was pretty weird
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.