AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 22:40   Link #821
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

I don't like the concept of Xenoglossia simply because it gives a false impression on the franchise of IdolM@ster. I hear Makoto isn't filled with angsty in the game.

And what's wrong for having another Lovely Idol or Lemon Angel Project? At least IdolM@ster franchise can recruit lots of new fans with it (barring the production of this spinoff being decent).

What term I can replace it then?
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 00:39   Link #822
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
I don't like the concept of Xenoglossia simply because it gives a false impression on the franchise of IdolM@ster. I hear Makoto isn't filled with angsty in the game.

And what's wrong for having another Lovely Idol or Lemon Angel Project? At least IdolM@ster franchise can recruit lots of new fans with it (barring the production of this spinoff being decent).

What term I can replace it then?
Cause those shows were....ummm...kind of terrible. That's why I think Sunrise turned the series into a Mecha Original, to give it a new edge that would actually be able to draw in new fans. I don't think there are very many options when it comes to the Lovely Idol type of show, they tend to be derivative, but there are more options when you add in a spin like Mecha and character drama/conflict and put a whole new spin on something. I keep using the term "spin" but it's something I admire when executed well, which is what I think Xenoglossia was.

Let's face it, if somebody isn't already a fan of something then a repetition isn't going to change their minds, but a new take on something very well might. Of course it can kind of backfire like Xenoglossia did for some, but I think it worked out quite and generated a fair bit of interest...well barring some VA swaps that were ill advised.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 02:38   Link #823
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I'd not really heard of the game all that much, but i definatly wouldn't of watched this if it was another lovely idol, i hated that series.

This one was a differet and unique. It has it's dull moments true, but mostly i loved the characters and their interactions. Dosnet matter if it's the same as the game or not. Only people who would gripe about it would be die hard game fans.
Old 2008-01-18, 03:03   Link #824
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
I'd not really heard of the game all that much, but i definatly wouldn't of watched this if it was another lovely idol, i hated that series.

This one was a differet and unique. It has it's dull moments true, but mostly i loved the characters and their interactions. Dosnet matter if it's the same as the game or not. Only people who would gripe about it would be die hard game fans.
I believe something like that did happen. Don't quote me, but a faction on 2ch apparently got upset over the redesign of Iori Minase (She had brown hair in the game, was voiced by Rie Kugimiya and looked much younger) and the VA swaps I mentioned. Of course Sunrise rarely seems to give a damn (like Gainax) as should be obvious by the types of series they frequently make and pushed forward with their own vision in spite of things. No word on whether the director called 2ch an Anus or not.

To be honest I would have preferred the original cast and a more faithful to the game character design, but your right it doesn't kill a series just to change a few things, and given the obvious AU setting I took it that the characters were meant to be different than their game counterparts in all but name anyway. Thus a slight redesign on a couple and VA changes were acceptable. Iori still resembles her game counterpart quite a bit though.

Though in this OVA they better keep Rie Kugimiya this time as she pretty much embodies the game character.

Edit: Oh wait, checking the promo page somebody posted she is indeed on there.
Old 2008-01-18, 03:31   Link #825
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol if they dont faithfully convert manga, why would they do the same to a game >.<

For me, i think the series may bring in some new fans to he game. When i found out it was a game i got curiouse about it.

I think it depends on the way it's handled to be honest. Sometimes anime based on a game/manga can be better than doing a faithful transition. IMO the AMG OVA and movie were both better than the new anime, because they were different.

Suppose it all comes down to personal prefernce though in the end. Most anime i try to enjoy for what they are, over when they were. Dosent always work though
Old 2008-01-18, 10:31   Link #826
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
4 New Pics from the Famitsu

And some from VideogamerX

The DVD

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2008-01-18 at 20:10.
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 01:53   Link #827
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post

The DVD
Considering I've mentioned that Idolmaster Xenoglossia was one of if not the best looking shows I saw last year this leaves something to be desired on the visual front.
Old 2008-01-26, 02:24   Link #828
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
hi guys, did i just miss something? i know, i know about the game called 'Live For you!' because i've already seen the trailer 3 months ago.

edit:- DVD VOL.7 of xenoglossia was released last Friday.

I got a message to Rengemaru:-

Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-01-29 at 12:36.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 12:38   Link #829
Jeffry2009
Banned

Anyway You know about the minor character called Hibiki Saku, What a biggest dissapointment to me. My final thought is He is such a Pathethic Douchebag!! I thought it will supposed to be killed off his DAMN Idiotic Character ever, Damn it!!
What A big dissapoinmet to me. SON OF THE B*TCH.......
I started to feel like i'm gonna throw an egg to that lousy douchebag.

That's all i have to say. GOD. i feel sorry about me. i've given up already about this show since mai otome because of the EMO character that i Hate like Chihaya Kisaragi. Love it Or hate it, It's up to the fan of this show. Debate's Over. NO Offensive, Guys.
I couldn't forget what this happened during studying even though i stopped watchin this silly show to me.

I really feel like Louise From Gundam 00 who she is an agitated female character.
'Kaere, Kaere! Baka, Baka!'

PS- 'Live For You' video game will be released in february.

Now i have to go because i have to follow what Tiamat Disciple says to me. I really should check how bonsai tree grows.

Well, I'LL BE DAMNED.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-01-30 at 07:16.
Old 2008-01-30, 08:07   Link #830
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2008-02-01, 02:34   Link #831
Jeffry2009
Banned

This February, I do not want to be anyone future mentioned about IM@S related series because I don't want later to get another phobic again about Xenoglossia CRAP if i played the upcoming game called 'Live For You'. Till As long I should Control Myself & Fully Recovered in the next 2 months (some even too extreme spending too much time facing the TV or PC), they will not care much.

I mean it can be frustrated to watch.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-02-05 at 01:40.
Old 2008-02-26, 01:12   Link #832
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Happy Birthday Chihaya

Spoiler for pantsu, open shirt (naughty bits covered), sexual harassment (by Miki!):
Old 2008-03-03, 01:32   Link #833
Jeffry2009
Banned

Someone released a sub version of Short OVA of The IDOLM@STER: Live for you game. i hope you don't suprised when i'm here if you already Watched Kamen Rider Den-o and compare the Character between Chihaya And 'Kai'.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:53   Link #834
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

More Chihaya birthday art:

Poor Miki:

Even poorer Kotori:

Happy New Year. Merry X-mas.

Old 2008-05-08, 22:21   Link #835
Jeffry2009
Banned

Thumbs down I'm gonna Boycott Xenoglossia due of my undesired feelings last january.

THIS SHOW WILL BE BOYCOTTED BY ME.

Sorry gentlemen, IM@S time is over already. Time for Code geass R2 now. I've become an anti-IM@S propaganda now.

IM@S XENOGLOSSIA has been officially 'Pulled the PLUG'.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-05-09 at 00:22.
Old 2008-05-09, 13:06   Link #836
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

you've said that, like a bazillion times already
Old 2008-05-09, 19:20   Link #837
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
you've said that, like a bazillion times already
Whatever. i've stopped & boycotted watchin that show already since dragonaut. I mean you've saw my post in that thread, aren't you?

And come on, i didn't mean to make an offense to you.

THIS THREAD IS ALREADY DEAD.

and i just F**KIN DID.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-05-11 at 00:41.
Old 2008-05-10, 11:52   Link #838
Dvalin

I'm having some problems, I can't watch the episodes fansubbed by Serin Fansubs, someone have probably brought up this question before, but since I don't want to read the whole thread (42 pages) + it would probably spoil the whole series therefor I will ask instead...

Nvm, I figured out how to solve the problem.

Last edited by Dvalin; 2008-05-10 at 12:03.
Dvalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:17   Link #839
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post

The DVD
I watched it, it wasn't that really impressive. For one thing, it focused just on Chihaya, Haruka, and Miki.

While just on that point it's cute and all, especially Miki as we have a more animated version of who they are, it would have been nice if they actually had the entire cast interact with one another. Give everyone screen time as it were.

With the exception of those three, everyone else only appeared maybe for a total of 5 minutes, if not less, and they all maybe said 5 lines each max >.<

Not enough for me to really enjoy it.

But at least this shows that if enough interest in garnered, they might release a second OVA for the game, and possibly provide MORE character interaction
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:17   Link #840
tomcurda
A&P Mech

Characters

I recently finished watching Idolmaster Xenoglossia. I have the big picture on the series but there are a few points that I would be obliged if someone could clear up for me. The first point deals with Azusa Miura and Chihaya Kisaragi. I get the impression that they were recruited as children into the program and ended up following different paths. Are they related in some way or is it just a coincidence that they bear some resemblence? Who is the older woman holding their hands when they are seen as little girls? Is that the invalid "Mother" character we see in a wheelchair at Turiavita HQ? The next point deals with Makota Kikuchi. Is Azusa her biological sister or simply someone she looked up to as a big sis? Lastly; just Who or What is that annoying (and deadly) little blonde girl called R.I.F.F.A.? Is she some form artificial life form created to pilot the idols?

I would appreciate any answer to these points in either forum or a private letter.
Winston Churchill: If you were my wife, I'd drink it!
tomcurda is offline   Reply With Quote