AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-27, 16:23   Link #41
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
*sigh* Virgins... once you pop'em, you can't stop'em.
and you would know this how.....
Old 2008-06-27, 16:34   Link #42
Ledgem
Love Yourself

It's common knowledge on the internets. It was my pleasure to bring that knowledge to this forum.

... what? Was I the only one who saw Kagedanji's statement as being ripe with opportunity for humor?
Old 2008-06-27, 16:58   Link #43
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It's common knowledge on the internets. It was my pleasure to bring that knowledge to this forum.

... what? Was I the only one who saw Kagedanji's statement as being ripe with opportunity for humor?
I understood it and laughed but I didn't expect someone to comment on it.

Besides I tyhink he made his statement soundlike that on purpose.

If we really are getting a new ZoE then Kojima must work really fast.
Old 2008-06-28, 01:40   Link #44
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

I wrote it on purpose. Does everything need to have a "naughty" smiley to let people know we meant to write it that way?
Old 2008-06-28, 10:00   Link #45
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
I wrote it on purpose. Does everything need to have a "naughty" smiley to let people know we meant to write it that way?
Preferably yes....
Old 2008-06-28, 16:37   Link #46
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Since this is a pretty strict forum I don't often see that type of humor (and I'm usually too afraid to make it, myself). So I wasn't too sure... and it was just too good not to take advantage of

Back on track, I'd really prefer that ZoE3 be longer than the first two. The first ZOE took me about six hours to complete, I think I finished it in a single sitting. The second one was longer, but still pretty short. It's an intense game, but they could draw out the story a bit, you know? I know that adventure-type games like this aren't known for being really long, but I just finished playing Okami and I'd logged a bit over 60 hours on it. That's insane; I've played RPGs that didn't even last me that long. ZOE is a bit less open, and the very linear storyline and world make it difficult to get more time out of it... but it'd be nicer if it were longer. Apparently ZOE 2 had a "remake" (Japan-only) where they extended the gameplay a bit, such as including some space-based fight between certain events. I forgot where they stuck it in, but it'd be a nice way of giving us more combat time (which was my favorite part of ZOE).
Old 2008-06-28, 23:43   Link #47
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

You didn't even really take advantage of it. You just threw out a bad joke while quoting it.

And if the game was long, it would be repetitive.
Old 2008-06-29, 00:52   Link #48
Dingo
The polyphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
And if the game was long, it would be repetitive.

Thankfully, it seems kojima is aware of this and thus why his games are rather short.Action games can get repetitive very quickly, as long as it's packed with content and great scenario/writing/etc I'm all for them.

Hell I just don't have the time or willingness to play a 40+ hour game anymore.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 11:45   Link #49
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I can see how it might get repetitive, but I don't know - the gameplay in ZOE was one of its big drawing points for me. Even after I'd run through ZOE2 three or so times I went through those survival challenges and probably logged at least an hour in them. The difficulty would probably be in how they balance it. If it's too easy to slash through various enemies and you're stuck doing it over and over then it'd be boring. If there's an actual challenge involved then it'd keep you a bit more engaged... but it'd turn off the players who found it to be too difficult. I could go for a longer one.
Old 2008-06-29, 18:36   Link #50
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

I remember ZOE2 had its moments back in the days. I remember playing those events with the battleships in the sky and the LEVs attacking to no end.

As for ZOE1, it had this whole space feeling to it, I loved it as well.
Easily one of the best games I've ever played.
Old 2008-08-28, 15:50   Link #51
Teh2ndrunner
History Fanatic

Was just browsing these threads and I say a ZOE topic finally! Glad to see tht it hasn't been forgotten although I have my doubts that Konami will bring a 3rd one out ( if they did I'd be camping outside my nearest GAME waitin' for it ).

Have to say that out of the two , ZOE 2nd runner was the better simply because of the faster style of gameplay and ofc the anime cutscenes. I also though ZOE 2's story was much better and longer than the 1st's.

About this 'repetative' gameplay if the game was lengthened , I have to agree with Ledgem since I myself could have easily played through a 20 hour + ZOE if the challenge factor had been constant.
Old 2008-08-28, 16:24   Link #52
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Found a new ZOE2R copy no platinum(though I don't think it ever went platinum) shit or anything. In a toy store for 30 euro. o-O They actually had 2. Now they only have 1 though. =o Also found a non plat KH copy there and beyond good and evil. Gotta love toy stores to find old games. xD
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 22:46   Link #53
Dingo
The polyphony

Konami is announcing a new game at TGS.

ZOE3, calling it now, it's got to be, it must be, it will be.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 01:35   Link #54
kujoe
from head to heel

ZOE3... for the DS!

Just kidding.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 02:04   Link #55
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
With Playstation 3's (and even XBox 360's) ability to show intense graphics, it would be awesome if they came out with a third one.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote