AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-01, 01:41   Link #321
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rile View Post
Thats statictic.All people who smoke dont hurt anyone.Infact most people who smoke are actually calmer than ussual.Statistics like that make smoking seem bad.Not that i smoke or anything,but yea i used to and hell i might start again soon to be compleatly honest.
I think they meant via passive smoking... you know, the smoke us non smokers have to inhale as a result of someone in the street (or elsewhere) lighting up nearby.
Smoking is bad; it's poision in a stick, sprinkled with nicotine to make it addictive. Yes it does calm one down and just becomes a habit to go with a drink, or just something in common to do with other friends as you socialise, but there's nothing positive in its existance.
It just harms.
Tell me how your body reacted when you tried the first few and see if you can relate that to 'just a statistic' in terms of whether it's good or bad...
__________________

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 01:57   Link #322
rile
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
I think they meant via passive smoking... you know, the smoke us non smokers have to inhale as a result of someone in the street (or elsewhere) lighting up nearby.
Smoking is bad; it's poision in a stick, sprinkled with nicotine to make it addictive. Yes it does calm one down and just becomes a habit to go with a drink, or just something in common to do with other friends as you socialise, but there's nothing positive in its existance.
It just harms.
Tell me how your body reacted when you tried the first few and see if you can relate that to 'just a statistic' in terms of whether it's good or bad...

Well ofcourse it bad in a whole of terms but thats besides the fact to the people who do.
rile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 08:52   Link #323
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rile View Post
Thats statictic.All people who smoke dont hurt anyone.Infact most people who smoke are actually calmer than ussual.
Is that so? Around here, people who smoke seem to me generally way more high-strung than the non-smokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rile View Post
Well ofcourse it bad in a whole of terms but thats besides the fact to the people who do.
It's harmful to both the smoker and the people who breathe in the second-hand smoke. Just because the smoker is harmed in the process as well doesn't make the situation any better.

I hope you ultimately stay off cigarettes. Your lungs, your life, your wallet, and the people around you will be better off for it.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 10:16   Link #324
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rile View Post
Thats statictic.All people who smoke dont hurt anyone.Infact most people who smoke are actually calmer than ussual.Statistics like that make smoking seem bad.Not that i smoke or anything,but yea i used to and hell i might start again soon to be compleatly honest.
Tell me how it doesn't hurt my health when i wake up in the middle of the night and have difficulties breathing because i was exposed to cigarettes smoke to much... There are quite a lot of people with asthma. The effect of passive smoking shouldn't be underestimated.

Of course i try to avoid it as much as possible. Though it's not always possible. And i can assure you waking up in the middle of the night because it's difficult to breath is everything but funny. The only way to be able to get back to sleep again is taking medicine. And a side effect of using the medicine to often is insomnia. So uhu.. see how harmless your cigarette smoke is?

Just because you don't see people suffering from your cigarette smoke doesn't mean no one is...
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 14:46   Link #325
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
My gf is pretty sensitive to cigarette smoke, shes the type of person that if she inhales too much for about like 2-3 minutes she'll faint and probably blackout for sometime. So now I since I quit smoking I started getting sensitive to smoke as well. Just a few seconds in it and I'll get dizzy almost immediately. Considering my asthma I then have trouble breathing if I took it in for a longer period.
__________________
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:45   Link #326
rile
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
for some reason i cant smoke cigerets that shit taste and smell fucking nasty....yuk! but have you herad of blak and milds i can smoke that
rile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 23:16   Link #327
Abashi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Its an addicting chemical, so I wouldn't try one. I tried eating marijuana in a brownie before, but I hated it, so never again for me. I'm never going to try nicotine, because of its addiction.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Abashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:01   Link #328
rile
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I smoke a cig once but it didnt do anything to me.i didnt get addicted or anything like that lol.i guess if you have an addictive personality versus a non addictive personality it depends on that...i think lol well i just plain out dont like cigs and they arent addictive.i guess im trying to say people get addcited for thir own reasons
rile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:03   Link #329
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by rile View Post
I smoke a cig once but it didnt do anything to me.i didnt get addicted or anything like that lol.i guess if you have an addictive personality versus a non addictive personality it depends on that...i think lol well i just plain out dont like cigs and they arent addictive.i guess im trying to say people get addcited for thir own reasons
Actually, it takes about 5-10 before you truly start to get addicted to them.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:57   Link #330
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Its an addicting chemical, so I wouldn't try one. I tried eating marijuana in a brownie before, but I hated it, so never again for me. I'm never going to try nicotine, because of its addiction.
Well, if your first experience is with a pot brownie, well, you'd better brace for the impact. Eating marijuana (and only in my personal experience, don't quote me as a scientific authority here) has a FAR stronger effect than simply smoking it. I remember I almost threw up the first time I ate those--and I had smoken pot already. And I don't throw up easily (not even with alcohol).

And marijuana isn't nearly as addictive as nicotine. Not even close.
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 05:52   Link #331
othera
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia,Queensland
simply... its bad, it poisons you and those around you.

depending how much you do it, it can cost extreme amounts of money.

I myself plan to NEVER smoke/drink(Maybe drink as a weekend thing or something, but i dont even want to do that) so that i can achualy have money and good health.

I think its pretty bad that even though i don't smoke i still have to inhale it and get some of the poison just because other people smoke near me.

I have had a cig twice, once when i was like 9 someone gave me theirs to try it, i hated it it was like putting dirt in your mouth.

The other time was recently, i decided that hey other people seem to like it, it might be something that is quite nice... i put it in my mouth for about 3 seconds before dropping it coughing thinking why the hell did i even think about doing that.
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 20:08   Link #332
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
well, i quit smoking completely for at leased 4years now.

mainly for financial reasons and the public smoking ban.


however, the wonderful rise of the electronic cigarette:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette






i'm going to get back into it. so far one cartridge is equal to 2 packs, i got mine at 35mg of nicotine. but might order some lower ones,
craving the hit!
So with the miracle of technology, offcially, drinking alcohol is more harmful then e-smoking!

it's cheap and it get round the smoking ban as well, since it's hard to mistake a black shiny cigarette that glows green when you puff on it and all you can smell is chocolate/apple/sandalwood as a REAL CIGARETTE.



P.S: er...not that im actively encouraging anybody to start e-smoking, like alcohol, e-smoking when you are the legal age and do things in moderation.
__________________

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2008-10-10 at 21:00.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 21:26   Link #333
Creater
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Smoking is a business thing. Even though it is bad for people they will continue to sell it because they are making money. Sometimes the world is so corrupt people choose money over people.
Creater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 21:28   Link #334
XenophunK
INACTIVITY
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At my computer
Send a message via MSN to XenophunK
all they're doing is giving money to the government via taxes
__________________
Theme: Arturo Delgado - Valve
XenophunK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 21:46   Link #335
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
I tried a few ciggys, but never really liked it. I'll never smoke due to health reasons and 'cos I'm a tightass with money. I don't like being around smokers either.
__________________
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 21:49   Link #336
XenophunK
INACTIVITY
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At my computer
Send a message via MSN to XenophunK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
I tried a few ciggys, but never really liked it. I'll never smoke due to health reasons and 'cos I'm a tightass with money. I don't like being around smokers either.
"...'cos I'm a tightass with money."

Win excuse.
__________________
Theme: Arturo Delgado - Valve
XenophunK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 23:58   Link #337
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenophunK View Post
"...'cos I'm a tightass with money."

Win excuse.
That's another reason why I don't smoke. Smoking in Singapore costs some serious money.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 00:03   Link #338
Cherudim Arche
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I don't smoke as well. Although, I really dislike like the burnt smell from people mouth, if your close to a person who smokes a lot. As for the smoke itself, it gets very annoying to have that lingering cigarette smoke float in the air. The main reason came from the trip in China,"You could never get away!".
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 03:21   Link #339
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
well, i quit smoking completely for at leased 4years now.

mainly for financial reasons and the public smoking ban.


however, the wonderful rise of the electronic cigarette:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette






i'm going to get back into it. so far one cartridge is equal to 2 packs, i got mine at 35mg of nicotine. but might order some lower ones,
craving the hit!
So with the miracle of technology, offcially, drinking alcohol is more harmful then e-smoking!

it's cheap and it get round the smoking ban as well, since it's hard to mistake a black shiny cigarette that glows green when you puff on it and all you can smell is chocolate/apple/sandalwood as a REAL CIGARETTE.



P.S: er...not that im actively encouraging anybody to start e-smoking, like alcohol, e-smoking when you are the legal age and do things in moderation.
It's such a geeky thing I may be tempted to start... But I hate the smell of cigarettes anyway.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 03:38   Link #340
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's such a geeky thing I may be tempted to start... But I hate the smell of cigarettes anyway.
me too. which is why i got the apple flavour version. I mean, why would anyone want to buy the tobacco smelling version when you can get others or just the default non-odourless type? seriously....

__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
debate

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.