AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-30, 11:58   Link #1
amjzz

Some animes....

Need some anime recomendations...

Something with comedy, school life, romance (romnce must not be the central genre)...and etc.

I have probably watched most of the animes of that genre...like full metal panic fumoffu, clannad, special a, love hina, school rumble and those...

Dont like: gore, mature, etc.

Watched and didnt liked: ouran high school host club, hayate no gotoku.
Old 2008-09-30, 14:45   Link #2
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

hmmm... these series a little stretchy on what you're asking for, but as you said you've probably watched most of those animes maybe it needs a little stretching for you to find something?

Shakugan no Shana - There is a bit of mix of school life, action, and romance in it, plus there are some funny moments.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - There really isn't a lot of romance to it but there are some deep friendships and romantic undertones undertones. I know it says Magical Girl in the title but trust me it isn't your standard Magical Girl series. The first couple seasons take place while the main chars are still in school so there is some school stuff there, and then the third takes place with the main chars from S1/2 playing the part of teachers for a new batch of main/semi-main chars.

I would suggest Lucky Star but since you have Miyuki in your avatar I'm guessing you've seen that... so how about Azumanga Diaoh? It's similar-ish to Lucky Star and it certainly fits the bill better then the above two series. Although you've probably seen it...

Suzuka - a little more romance oriented then you may want possibly, but it is certainly a school life series and, iirc, there are some things you can laugh at in it (although thats true for most anime)

Finally, Mai Hime/Otome could be worth checking out. Both take place in schools, have some comedic moments, and there are some good romantic moments/undertones to them.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-09-30, 17:07   Link #3
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight! does not have romance but is a great comedy/school life series.
Old 2008-10-01, 19:50   Link #4
blewin

Ouran High Host Club - absolutely hilarious, not that much romance really. School life.

Special A - similar to Ouran in a way, but with a larger female cast.
Old 2008-10-02, 12:28   Link #5
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Comedy:
Sumomo Momomo
Seto no Hanayome
My noble masters

School-life / romance / drama
Honey & Clover
Bokura ga Ita
Hantsuki