AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-01, 18:48   Link #1
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Kaboom

i need anime where the fights go all over the place. Big ass lasers, kung fu, guns, which knock people through walls and put craters in the ground. Style is a big factor as well as animation. I don't demand production IG budget or anything but shitty animation i.e. shounen odyssey will not be accepted. I also am physically incapable of watching anime more than 50 episodes long. Robots aren't really what I'm looking for, but not a bad thing at all.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/2008digitalboy
Old 2008-10-01, 19:34   Link #2
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Macross- (Only seen Do you Remember Love as well as Macross Zero but the fights seem to destroy lots of stuff.
Chrno Crusade- Well yeah, guns, walls, etc.
Kara no Kyoukai 3: Tsuukaku Zanryuu- I've noticed you have seen the first movie, and gave it good rating. The second movie is not destructive at all, but the third movie gets a bit destructive toward the end. (bridges falling, huge holes)

Sorry if my recommendations are vague though. This is based on what you have not seen (according to your list)
Old 2008-10-01, 20:01   Link #3
GreatTeacherKen

I mentioned this in the non-stop action thread, but Project A Ko sounds like a good bet. Plenty of variety in fight scenes: laser gun fights, a sword fight in an elevator, space battles, airplane fight with Macross style missile spamming and even missile hopping and tanks getting thrown around. Yes, it's all very over the top and it's quite funny too, though the majority of the action is concentrated in the 2nd half.
Old 2008-10-01, 20:36   Link #4
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I mentioned this in the non-stop action thread, but Project A Ko sounds like a good bet. Plenty of variety in fight scenes: laser gun fights, a sword fight in an elevator, space battles, airplane fight with Macross style missile spamming and even missile hopping and tanks getting thrown around. Yes, it's all very over the top and it's quite funny too, though the majority of the action is concentrated in the 2nd half.
*points to list* seeen it lol. Good movie though.

I've been considering Chrono Crusade for a while, and if it has big fights I pretty much gotta watch now : D As for KnK I'm saving it for when all 7 are out before watching.

EDIT: Meh... watched first ep of C and didn't like it much at all. Fights are good and great animation, but stor seems totally unengaging. Is it something I'll like with more time?

Last edited by Deus ex Digital Boy; 2008-10-01 at 21:04.
Old 2008-10-01, 22:07   Link #5
GreatTeacherKen

D'oh! Didn't notice the link when I posted.

Anyway, I just thought of another that might be good. How about The Castle of Caligostro? Not as over the top as Project A Ko, though it's not gritty/realistic by any means, it's quite an enjoyable classic action adventure anime. From what I recall, it's got a car chase, a mob fight (as in 1 or 2 guys against a whole bunch of people) in an darkened room, a fight on top of a castle involving an airplane, some dungeon escapes and a sword fight inside and outside a clock tower. And it's all good fun.
Old 2008-10-02, 16:34   Link #6
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

ah, that was good fun. I knew I'd watch this eventually, so I thank you for the push to finally do it.
Old 2008-10-02, 17:50   Link #7
GreatTeacherKen

You're welcome.
Closed Thread