AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-18, 11:42   Link #21
bobbyboy

Red face

i feel no need to see ne other animes like kimi ga nozomu eien because as far as i kno its the best anime and i dont htink ne anime can top it
Old 2004-04-25, 13:47   Link #22
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyboy
i feel no need to see ne other animes like kimi ga nozomu eien because as far as i kno its the best anime and i dont htink ne anime can top it
So exactly what is the name of the game? I know the series is KgNE but so far i'm having difficulty finding more information on the game. I absolutely love the series(big Mitsuki fan!) and now want to find the game...
Old 2004-04-25, 19:54   Link #23
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Interesting one...

There's a 2-episode OVA called Mizuiro (avail on fansub of course) that I finished recently.

Much of the storyline of Mizuiro is very similar to Kiminozo-- a forgotten promise, the lives of two individuals of a trio which have continued after the disappearance of one. There's even a striking (almost beyond coincidential) situational similarity (which I won't mention for the sake of spoiling) between the two. There was not quite as much drama as Kiminozo, but many of the themes, such as friendship, promises, and saying goodbye were the same. Plus, this OVA ends on a happy, hopeful note (not that I didn't think Kimi ended unhappily).

It's certainly not a tearjerker and has more of a artsy, situational anime feel (think a dried-out Spirited Away), but I thought it was excellent. Many points were so much like Kimi, I swear the producers were trading plot secrets or something. It's highly possible you may not like it, as it's not a soapy drawn-out series, but IMO, it's worth the watch.
Old 2004-04-26, 00:35   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I agree with you, Ambience Blue, on the recommendation of the Mizuiro 2003 OVA - it's quite well done. It's not as "intense" as KGNE, but it's definitely worth a watch. I really enjoyed it actually, as it was quite touching. It reminded me most of Kanon, which has also already been recommended in this thread.

And, justinstrife, the game is called exactly the same as the anime, but the reason you're having trouble finding info is that it is only available in Japanese. There's an original PC release, a PS2 release subtitled "Rumbling Hearts" (with all the ero content removed), and a newer PC release subtitled "DVD Specification" (because it's on DVD instead of CD!). Unfortunately, it's pretty unlikely that the game will ever be translated, which makes it pretty unplayable for most of us...
Old 2004-04-27, 05:12   Link #25
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Haha

Thx for the backup, flame. I really didn't know if anyone else had seen Mizurio-- I thought it was great.

Also, I just finished watching Da Capo, and I wanna second the nomination that was made previously. It's a long series (26 episodes) and the first half is rather lighthearted, but the second half will seriously leave you down. It's completely different from Kimi in the age, plot, and realism aspects, but in drama content, the two are comparable. (Personally, I found Da Capo much more heart-wrenching than Kimi, but that's just me). Be warned that there's more of a story aspect, and the plot, near the end, moves madenningly quickly. Otherwise, though, if you guys are looking for a completely new perspective on a drama, and don't mind a little lighthearted romantic comedy in the first half, look no further. Da Capo is the series for you.
Old 2004-04-27, 10:24   Link #26
Arwyn

I would agree with the Mizurio recommendation as well. Its much shorter, but they manage to pack a fair amount of emotion into it as well. Its a much happier series as well.

Da Capo is good, the first half of the series very funny, the second half is very emotional, downright punishing in a few spots. Its closer to KGNE than Kanon or Mizurio in that respect.

I wound up watching all of em, but I wound up stopping Da Capo for a bit and watching FMP Fumoffu for a bit. To much drama in one sitting is bad for your health.
Old 2004-04-27, 19:02   Link #27
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
I wound up watching all of em, but I wound up stopping Da Capo for a bit and watching FMP Fumoffu for a bit. To much drama in one sitting is bad for your health.
Lol, Arwyn. I actually picked up where the drama started. I believe I watched the last 8-9 episodes in a single sitting-- I couldn't tear myself away! But then again, watching each of the characters say their goodbyes (all in a row!!) was pretty crushing too...

And as for the Fumoffu thing, I'm totally with ya, Arwyn. Fumoffu is my filler series-- I watch one in-between series or between episodes if I need a break.
Old 2004-04-28, 02:35   Link #28
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Lol, Arwyn. I actually picked up where the drama started. I believe I watched the last 8-9 episodes in a single sitting-- I couldn't tear myself away! But then again, watching each of the characters say their goodbyes (all in a row!!) was pretty crushing too...

And as for the Fumoffu thing, I'm totally with ya, Arwyn. Fumoffu is my filler series-- I watch one in-between series or between episodes if I need a break.
Im kind of the same way. I will blow an entire saturday going through a long series, because I hate stopping and waiting to see how it turns out. Da Capo was the first one I had to put down, but I have been watching waaaayyy to many "heavy" anime titles lately.

To much of those titles is like to much Pink Floyd, its great, but your definately not going to be feeling perky and energetic afterwards!
Old 2004-04-30, 12:23   Link #29
Paranoia Rebirth
Haruka Fan

Send a message via MSN to Paranoia Rebirth
I just watched the anime "Memories off 2nd"

It is just as good as kimi ga nozomu eien except with less episodes..

This friendship-love-cheat anime is so good and will keep you thinking about what will develop next.. The ending is really good.. I thought the ending was better than kgne..

#_#
Old 2004-05-01, 02:57   Link #30
Budweineken
Crap

You could give Koi Kaze a try... after 4 episodes it looks interesting... and I think that the atmosphere could resemble KGNE somewhat... no tragic accidents at the moment though
Old 2004-05-01, 04:45   Link #31
Dorfl

Inuyasha would have been a candidate, except it only shows the romance bits once every 50 chapters or so (haven't seen anime...). But in this case the chick actually rises up from the grave so you've got this cool necro thing going on and stuff. If only Takahashi would devote a little more attention to the love-triangle. Anyway, I don't exactly recommend it, but when I watched KGNE, that was the first thing that popped into my head.
Old 2004-05-01, 13:32   Link #32
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia Rebirth
I just watched the anime "Memories off 2nd"

It is just as good as kimi ga nozomu eien except with less episodes..

This friendship-love-cheat anime is so good and will keep you thinking about what will develop next.. The ending is really good.. I thought the ending was better than kgne..

MO2 was similar to KGNE in a way... (in the fact that the male lead was seeing hiding his 'affair' with another.)

Personally, I found MO2 to be nowhere as moving as KGNE.

First of all, the relationships developed much too quickly, and ended just as abrupt.

(Having played a translated version of MO2, I must say the game's storyline was superior to the anime's plot.)

oh... and did I mention that the male lead basically got off free... that sends a bad message to youths of the day

( 'Find a stupid girlfriend, and you can get away with cheating'... doesn't seem like a good message... )

If Ken was in KGNE, he'd definately deserve the Manami ending.

Back to KGNE, I wonder what would happen if they decide to animate the KGNE fandisc as well?

So we'll also get a normal high-school / post-HS romance, using the same characters.

Then again, I think I'd want them to get Muvluv more. (darn it... I NEED to know what alternate's about... )
Old 2004-05-02, 14:55   Link #33
tsubamesasuke
Twist Server

Send a message via AIM to tsubamesasuke
Serious:
Kanon
Da Capo

More light hearted:
Green Green
Mahoromatic seasons 1+2
Old 2004-05-08, 18:26   Link #34
unfunf

I haven't seen Da Capo yet, but it is on my torrent queue.

I have seen Kanon, and I must say it is no really like KGNE; however, it is very interesting and I liked the ending a lot. I think kanon was the first anime that I saw where I really liked every single character almost equally, except for the school president.
Closed Thread