AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-10-03, 17:39   Link #61
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So Boa is more or less the exact same type of ruler that Enel was, only she rules through "beauty" instead of "fear".

Actually, I'd say she rules through both. After all, she's keeping her subjects at bay with the Gorgon's eye story, is she not...?

But yeah, this storyline DOES seem to be sort of a parallel to Skypiea, huh? I mean, we already have the "elderly former ruler" with old lady Nyon, the Kuja are a proud warrior tribe like the Shandians, and we've got the "evil ruler" with Hancock. Next thing you know, we'll find out that Hancock intends to destroy Amazon Lily for her own twisted reasons (possibly for the sake of the "New Age", if she turns out to be hiding Doflamingo's mark)....
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 17:40   Link #62
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
At this point it seems like the Gorgon eyes story was fabricated... They gotta be hiding something much juicier.
Indeed, no turning to stone means something not right... my guess is that their are no eyes on her back something that she considers a mark of shame, something she would go very far out of her way to prevent others from seeing... only question is what? And our only clue is that Luffy has seen it before...

Funny i can't help but be reminded of Duval... though i doubt it will be something absurd
Though i will say that it's most likely that we have also seen what's on Boa's back... just like we saw Duval's face before =p (it does save us the trouble of needed to waste several pages of exposition of where Luffy saw the mark on her back)

Random guess i'll throw out... Whitebeard's Jolly roger. Unknown to everyone else she spent time serving a man and part of the reason she does not want to go to war is because she will have to fight Whitebeard and risk her secret being exposed.

Grant it, with the idea that what's on her back might be something she considers shameful... part of me thinks that this arc is gonna end with, instead of Boa getting beaten by Luffy, their encounter will eventually end with Boa in some way or another getting a life lesson about being selflessness, love and responsibility. Like her secret will be exposed but everyone will still love her; and not for her beauty but for the inspiration, strength and protection she brings everyone in Kuja... She will then go off to fight whitebeard to protect Amazon Lily and will thank Luffy by giving him a ride

Also, i for some reason have trouble picturing Oda being willing to have Luffy seriously fight Boa... it's alright for Women to fight women, or Villians to strike woman, but male good guys shouldn't be doing much damage to them... atleast not to beautiful women... ya, consider me stone cause i've been charmed by Boa... and i'd be willing to bet even Oda's been charmed by her =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Actually, I'd say she rules through both. After all, she's keeping her subjects at bay with the Gorgon's eye story, is she not...?
i'd say not...
She has never seem to actually threaten anyone... infact they view the eyes as both her curse and the pride of the kuja... her ability to turn people to stone has nothing to do with her rule over the amazons... only her great beauty and the respect for her strength... everyone loves her and worships her... except for the elder ofcourse

Outside amazon lily she seems to use both... the charm to ensnare her enemies into surrendering to her without a fight, or fear drawn from her reputation as a shichibukai... but Amazon Lily is all about her beauty

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-10-03 at 17:52.
Slayerx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 17:41   Link #63
shankss
CP10

Random Crazy Theory Of The Day :

Can it because of.........................Boiling water? If pain negates the stone transformation then boiling water may do the same effect over Luffy
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 18:16   Link #64
clarizza

After reading this chapter, something crossed my mind.
Lan, one of the pirates, handed "Granny" a news paper.
Woohoo, big deal you might think.
But, isn't it possible we will see a new price on the Strawhat Pirates' heads?
Or perhaps some other story relevant info.
Just having a hard time accepting a newspaper is only a newspaper in the world of One Piece. =)

On the "Luffy didn't turn into stone" discussion.
Is it possible that it is a DF ability, and that the Gorgon eyes on the Princess' back is just a tattoo? To cover up the true source of her power?
The "Mero Mero Merrow" incantation the Princess did back in Ch. 516 also further strenghten my beliefs the "curse" is just a cover up, or whatever you wanna call it. =)

Rest of the women on the island didn't seem to know about Devil Fruits.
Judging from their reactions to Luffys stretching,++.
clarizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 18:53   Link #65
Paraden1989

luffy seemed to know what the eyes on Boa's back, so i wonder what else luffy might know?
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 19:07   Link #66
Trax
Rock beats scissors

We don't know if he actually saw any eyes, there's already some speculation going on about what it might be in reality (the picture showing the eyes is just an image going along with the gorgon story, what the amazons believe to be true).
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 19:26   Link #67
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarizza View Post
After reading this chapter, something crossed my mind.
Lan, one of the pirates, handed "Granny" a news paper.
Woohoo, big deal you might think.
But, isn't it possible we will see a new price on the Strawhat Pirates' heads?
Or perhaps some other story relevant info.
Just having a hard time accepting a newspaper is only a newspaper in the world of One Piece. =)
no new wanted posters... the gov't does not want to aknowledge that the strawhats beat moria, so they get nothing from that, and the incident with the nobles is far too recent for bounty changes... plus it would be like the marines admiting they had failed to capture Luffy

Most likely the newpaper is there to provide the old hag with what was going on with whitebeard... she knew the marines were waiting for the Kuja Pirates, but i doubt she knew why; that was until she saw the latest news and was easy to guess what was going on in the world outside
Quote:
On the "Luffy didn't turn into stone" discussion.
Is it possible that it is a DF ability, and that the Gorgon eyes on the Princess' back is just a tattoo? To cover up the true source of her power?
The "Mero Mero Merrow" incantation the Princess did back in Ch. 516 also further strenghten my beliefs the "curse" is just a cover up, or whatever you wanna call it. =)

Rest of the women on the island didn't seem to know about Devil Fruits.
Judging from their reactions to Luffys stretching,++.
If that were the case the story about the eyes and having a tatoo on her back would be completely pointless... They could run that same exact gorgon story without the eyes on their back part of the story; they could just say they stole the gorgon;s power

No something is indeed on Boa's back... and it has less to do with turning people to stone and more with her just wanting to hide something
Old 2008-10-03, 19:38   Link #68
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Also, i for some reason have trouble picturing Oda being willing to have Luffy seriously fight Boa... it's alright for Women to fight women, or Villians to strike woman, but male good guys shouldn't be doing much damage to them... atleast not to beautiful women... ya, consider me stone cause i've been charmed by Boa... and i'd be willing to bet even Oda's been charmed by her =p

I dunno... OP's actually had its share of female abuse. Remember, Luffy KO'ed (fat) Alvida early in the series, as well as Ms. Valentine during Whiskey Peak. Plus, there was Luffy's brief fight with Vivi during Alabasta, and do I really need to remind anyone of all the beatings Spandam gave Robin during Enies Lobby...?

But I do have my doubts about Luffy taking on Hancock.... if she's a Haki master, then I don't think Luffy would stand a chance against her at this point. At least. not until he gets a better understanding of Haki (which I believe a certain village elder will provide for him)....
Old 2008-10-03, 20:20   Link #69
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I dunno... OP's actually had its share of female abuse. Remember, Luffy KO'ed (fat) Alvida early in the series, as well as Ms. Valentine during Whiskey Peak. Plus, there was Luffy's brief fight with Vivi during Alabasta, and do I really need to remind anyone of all the beatings Spandam gave Robin during Enies Lobby...?
Spandam was a villian... this means he is more than allowed to beat woman, punch babies, or anything else seen as immoral... Hence why i threw in "male good guys" line...

As for Ms.Valentine and Alvida, you kind got me there... but one thing i have to emphasis is how BRUTAL and ugly Luffy's fights gets when he fights with big name characters... Ms.Valentine was only a minor character and was pretty much done fast and with minmal effort... Boa on the other had, well Luffy's really gonna have to really beat her down... instead of just one or two punches we are talking about Gear 2 gatling gun; no one looks pretty after one of those... Not to mention Ms.Valetine was covered up by the comedic element that she and Mr.5 were just seen as annoyances and getting knocked out of the way so Luffy and Zoro could fight; Kinda lets you take the scene less seriously...
Old 2008-10-04, 01:52   Link #70
Monkey D. Luffy

Whatever it was that Boa had on her back it has to be something that would negate her anger towards Luffy being a guy and even falling from the roof into her bath. It has to be important enough that it made her main priority hiding whatever it was and not even bothering with his sudden appearance.

Also, it doesn't even have to be something that we know. It could be something from Luffy's past that he recognized, or something obscure, or maybe something that we've seen all along. By his expression it looked like he recognized what it was immediately, he really didn't have a look of big surprise or big significance on his face, atleast to him however. Maybe it could be a tattoo, scar, or something completely different.

Also Boa herself seems to have specific reason not to go to war, besides dislike of the World Government. Granny Lyon looking into the crystal seemed to make her very angry also, so maybe Boa herself knows that something will occur. Things can't be too good for Amazon Lily when you're leader is saying some of the things she is and she's ignoring pleas while throwing grannies from the windows.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 02:44   Link #71
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
after reading the chapter, i have to agree with the people who say that the gorgon story may be falsified. it's a good cover story to prevent people from seeing her back. whatever is on her back seems like it is a huge secret or something really embarrassing. my bet is that it's part of the lost history, one of those things that robin was reading. ors something embarrassing like, say, sanji's wanted pic
Old 2008-10-04, 07:50   Link #72
Captain Roronoa Zoro

man im starting to miss the orher crewmates already.... i bet zoro is so lost wherever he is
Captain Roronoa Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:03   Link #73
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
man im starting to miss the orher crewmates already.... i bet zoro is so lost wherever he is
lol what if each one of them became their own captains and they end up being a fleet under luffy that would be so weird
Old 2008-10-04, 08:29   Link #74
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
lol what if each one of them became their own captains and they end up being a fleet under luffy that would be so weird
haha, tt would be so fitting for a pirate king! having a fleet under him, he can go take on the govt liao
ChaosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 09:54   Link #75
Paraden1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
I hope they get reunited soon! i miss them all too!

i think it would make a really good filler for the anime when it gets to this point in the story. i guess the could just show like two to three episodes for each crew member! i think it would be funny if usopp lands on Sniper Island, and finds out it was real! then they could do a spoof off of duval with sogeking! that's what i'd call funny!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 12:09   Link #76
noktown

I dunno why but i have this feeling that she has something stupid on her back and who else would recognize if not Luffy,I have no clue what it might be,but maybe its something embarrassing and funny in a way,maybe we've even seen it somewhere in the story,but there is such a big chance it will be something funny,because this story about eyes on her back seems to be fake imo,she can turn people into stone without her back too so why would there be anything on her back that has the same effect ?Most likely its the DF power that gives her the ability to turn people into stone (not sure what kind of DF power,because it seems like those who fall in love with her get effected),but I'm kind of sure that she does not want to reveal her back because it doesn't fit her beautiful character ;d

Example : There is a Picture of Shanks in his younger age that Says "Shanks Forever"
So luffy doesn't recognize him first and then :
Luffy : Oh its SHANKSS!

Of course its porlly not something as stupid as that,but that's just an example ;d
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 12:44   Link #77
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Random guess i'll throw out... Whitebeard's Jolly roger. Unknown to everyone else she spent time serving a man and part of the reason she does not want to go to war is because she will have to fight Whitebeard and risk her secret being exposed.
I think Whitebeards symbol on her back would make so much sense. Think about it, who else has whitebeards symbol tatooed on his/her back? Luffy of course knows about Aces tatoo and its obscure enough so that Oda could use it and make everyone be even more worried about Ace...

And I totally agree with everyone who misses the rest of the crew, I wonder how Oda is going to explain what they have been doing while Luffy messes around
Old 2008-10-04, 14:31   Link #78
fireportgas

Boa Hannock may be beautiful but her behaviour is awful,I don't like her at all because of that!As for her back I agree with the statement that's It's Whitebeard's tattoo and Luffy has seen it from Ace!Maybe she's a former captain of Whitebeard and maybe that's the reason that's she afraid to go war against him!
fireportgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 15:53   Link #79
noktown

Yep i had this idea running through my head too,about the Whitebeard tatoo,but then i thought it could be impossible since she is a schichibukai(spelling :/) ....

Unless they allowed her to be schichibukai cuz she is beautifull ;d
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 16:18   Link #80
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Yep i had this idea running through my head too,about the Whitebeard tatoo,but then i thought it could be impossible since she is a schichibukai(spelling :/) ....

Unless they allowed her to be schichibukai cuz she is beautifull ;d

There's the possibility that the Boa sisters may have been traitors to Whitebeard's crew, like Blackbeard was. It would certainly explain why she's so unwilling to fight against him....

Another theory I've seen about Hancock's back is that she's hiding the same tattoo that Dragon has on his face. While it would most certainly strengthen the chances of her turning out to be Luffy's mother, I'm not certain about that because Luffy never even knew who his father was until recently. Of course, there is that slight possibility that Luffy actually HAS seen Dragon's face during his training days in East Blue, but never found out his identity. After all, recall that Luffy didn't see his father's face when he confronted Smoker in Loguetown....