AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-01, 13:53   Link #2061
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Spoiler for maybe spoiler?:
Hachibi means 8-tails. (hachi = 8,kyuu = 9)

Spoiler for manga:
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 15:11   Link #2062
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Hachibi means 8-tails. (hachi = 8,kyuu = 9)

Spoiler for manga:
Wasn't Zabuza technically black?
Sure, he wasn't a blatantly offensive stereotype, but......
__________________
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 07:42   Link #2063
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Wasn't Zabuza technically black?
Sure, he wasn't a blatantly offensive stereotype, but......
no zabuza was white. he just shaved off his eyebrows- or waxed them...


Spoiler for Spoiler:
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 14:27   Link #2064
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
no zabuza was white. he just shaved off his eyebrows- or waxed them...
Erm... eyebrows? I meant that he had darker skin....
(In the anime, at least...)
__________________
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 18:51   Link #2065
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
i finally got to ep 135, can anyone pls tell me if there are any interesting battles in the fillers? i plan to see e136 and e140 so far. are there any more battles including hinata and sakura and the 3 sand ninjas that take place in between e136-220?

i have one last question. can anyone pls tell me how far se2 is at in the manga?
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:38   Link #2066
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i finally got to ep 135, can anyone pls tell me if there are any interesting battles in the fillers? i plan to see e136 and e140 so far. are there any more battles including hinata and sakura and the 3 sand ninjas that take place in between e136-220?

i have one last question. can anyone pls tell me how far se2 is at in the manga?
First Part: Keroko posted a great site awhile ago that deals with everything you wish to know. This site will list each filler arc as well as the canon characters in the arc. As for any worthwhile fights...they are all about equal to the weakest fights during the Chuunin exam.

Second Part: Shippuden is somewhere around Chapter 325. I expect that there will be another filler arc right after this recent Team 10/Naruto training arc.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 06:37   Link #2067
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Leafninja is a great site for picking out fillers that might seem interesting (for example, I greatly enjoyed the trapmaster arc) you can read small summaries of which episodes are fillers and what the fillers are about, and then decide whether you want to watch them or not.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 14:27   Link #2068
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
First Part: Keroko posted a great site awhile ago that deals with everything you wish to know. This site will list each filler arc as well as the canon characters in the arc. As for any worthwhile fights...they are all about equal to the weakest fights during the Chuunin exam.

Second Part: Shippuden is somewhere around Chapter 325. I expect that there will be another filler arc right after this recent Team 10/Naruto training arc.
ty james and keroko, i already have 20 or so filler eps that i plan to watch just by looking at the ep titles. among those i'll most likely watch e209-220, seems to be intersting atm. leaf ninga is better than the site that i found recently (narutoworld).
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 16:40   Link #2069
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Could anyone tell me how old Konohagakure is, like when it was established

Spoiler:
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 16:50   Link #2070
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rave View Post
Could anyone tell me how old Konohagakure is, like when it was established

Spoiler:
Sarutobi has been alive about as long as Konoha has been. So, Konoha is somewhere around 60-70 years old.

Spoiler for partial spoiler:
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:13   Link #2071
Switizle
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Hey guys!

I had stopped watching naruto due to the fillers, I'm wondering when fillers ended and it started back up following the anime? Also i'm wondering what are all the filler eppisodes in Shippuden numbers ( like 050 - 056 ) etc.,
Switizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:44   Link #2072
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
You know, it might be helpful to use the search function, especially if the answer to your question is only two or three posts above yours.

Oh well, Leafninja has the answer to your questions. Each episode summary is either black or orange, showing which or which parts of the episodes are fillers.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 02:01   Link #2073
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
@Hunter (or who ever might know),

Out of curiosity, why don't the Naruto Anime Threads have viewer polls, much the same as the other sub-forum anime threads (example)?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 12:18   Link #2074
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@Hunter (or who ever might know),

Out of curiosity, why don't the Naruto Anime Threads have viewer polls, much the same as the other sub-forum anime threads (example)?
Well…let say polls are not a popular item around the forum…you just need to check that the bleach Anime episode thread don’t have it either.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 13:29   Link #2075
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Well…let say polls are not a popular item around the forum…you just need to check that the bleach Anime episode thread don’t have it either.
That's kind of my point. Why are One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto the only anime forums without individual episode polls (okay I can understand One Piece, considering that the sub-forum is infrequently visited, but the Bleach and Naruto sub-forums have enough visitors to make episode polls worthwhile)?

So, I was wondering if there was a technical reason (i.e. to have a poll for every Naruto episode would be to taxing for the system, etc), or if it was purely aesthetic.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 14:34   Link #2076
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's kind of my point. Why are One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto the only anime forums without individual episode polls (okay I can understand One Piece, considering that the sub-forum is infrequently visited, but the Bleach and Naruto sub-forums have enough visitors to make episode polls worthwhile)?

So, I was wondering if there was a technical reason (i.e. to have a poll for every Naruto episode would be to taxing for the system, etc), or if it was purely aesthetic.
For Bleach, I couldnt say, for Naruto, here it is:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=33

You can talk it out with Monir and Hunter to see if you can bring back the polls...
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 14:44   Link #2077
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
For Bleach, I couldnt say, for Naruto, here it is:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=33

You can talk it out with Monir and Hunter to see if you can bring back the polls...
Thanks. I knew in the past polls were used, but I was unsure why they were taken down. So, thank you for the info.

(ps, don't worry, I was not advocating the reinstatement of the polls (I consider individual episode polls to be pointless and a waste of time), I was merely curious as to why they were not used currently.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 15:25   Link #2078
Subaru-san
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I think the polls were taken down way back because during the filler arcs (at the back end of part 1) or around that time, the episodes were constantly just rated really low. Another point was a lot of people were just voting low for the sake of it, even though it was obvious sometimes they hadn't even seen the episode.
Subaru-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 19:42   Link #2079
uchia995
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Who is the most popular character in the show?
uchia995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:16   Link #2080
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchia995 View Post
Who is the most popular character in the show?
In the show: no data is given to answer that question.

In the manga: Kakashi is constantly placed first or second, so he is undoubtedly the most popular, followed by Naruto, and then Sasuke.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.