AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-05, 10:52   Link #61
tzia_n
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines, but also in my imaginary world
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
i found it hard to rate R2 by itself and not as part of the entire Code Geass story. as a whole Code Geass was a solid 8 for me. however, R2 wasn't as awesome as i wanted it to be. a lot of random stuff thrown around, a lot of useful stuff thrown away etc etc etc. ultimately, i think it tried to please fans too much. but in any case, it was still enjoyable. i wanted to give it a 6.5 but since the voting is in whole numbers, i'll round it up to 7 because of the way the series ended
__________________
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 10:52   Link #62
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnizel View Post
This is not a debate thread................we got different likings of anime really. why do you want why they gave it a 10?
It is a discussion thread. Whilst it isn't aimed to force people on going over debates and explaining/disagreeing on pro and con about a series, it would be actually interesting to see the reasons for X or Y rating.

If people can write "best/worst anime ever", what about simply elaborate about it? The thread loses its purpose if people copy paste one liners and such, and I would rather create a closed thread with the poll alone if a rating only would be necessary.

It is made for discussion, I absolutely don't see why it is surprising for someone to ASK reasons from others, as long as it isn't silly enough to give arguments while personal tastes are in the front lines.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 14:35   Link #63
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: La Ciudad de los Palacios, Mexico City
Age: 26
I gave it a 10 Perfect... it moved in my list of best anime ever... I was not a fan of mecha anime but this kept me on my seat... I watched the first season in two days... and waited inmpatiently for the second... my only complain is the ambiguos ending... but I´ll be waiting for anything new that can come out!!
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:11   Link #64
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
8/10 for me. Despite all the love/hate CGR2 has drawn, I had a lot of fun watching it and it didn't really get worse anywhere despite stalling one or two times. I don't think there are as many plot holes or OOC moments as people claim there to be, either. Overall, this show has a good mix of various genres - there's something in there for everyone.

The mecha designs in Code Geass were far more interesting than any other mecha show I've ever watched, Gundam or otherwise. Lelouch as the protagonist pretty much carried the show - he was badass when he relied on his brain, and badass when using Geass to screw people over, and was still a human after all was said and done. Although I think they went a bit overboard sometimes with how fast he processes information.

I am somewhat bitter about the open ending, about the extremely short epilogue, and about the way Kallen was used to lead us on throughout the series when in the end nothing much came of it. I'm also a bit unhappy about Suzaku's story getting axed - we never got to hear about the reason for his extraordinary physical abilities, for instance, or his affinity with Geass.

Now for the fanboy comments: Lelouch lives! Give Shirley back. This could've been much better without the whole Rolo plot.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:51   Link #65
Shippo
Foxfire Magic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Back in time in feudal Japan
Code Geass R2: 7

Good but it's not the best.
Shippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:55   Link #66
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
8/10 for me. Despite all the love/hate CGR2 has drawn, I had a lot of fun watching it and it didn't really get worse anywhere despite stalling one or two times. I don't think there are as many plot holes or OOC moments as people claim there to be, either. Overall, this show has a good mix of various genres - there's something in there for everyone.

The mecha designs in Code Geass were far more interesting than any other mecha show I've ever watched, Gundam or otherwise. Lelouch as the protagonist pretty much carried the show - he was badass when he relied on his brain, and badass when using Geass to screw people over, and was still a human after all was said and done. Although I think they went a bit overboard sometimes with how fast he processes information.

I am somewhat bitter about the open ending, about the extremely short epilogue, and about the way Kallen was used to lead us on throughout the series when in the end nothing much came of it. I'm also a bit unhappy about Suzaku's story getting axed - we never got to hear about the reason for his extraordinary physical abilities, for instance, or his affinity with Geass.

Now for the fanboy comments: Lelouch lives! Give Shirley back. This could've been much better without the whole Rolo plot.
The only one I am calling plot hole on is the Marianne storyline just because I find it goes past the suspension of disbelief that so many intelligent people like Cornelia, Bismarck, and Jeremiah can not tell the difference between a person who is good, and pure, and Marianne who is kind of a massive bitch.

It just screams something that M. Night Shamalayn would write, a twist for the sake of a twist.

Overall Code Geass biggest crime was simply planning, instead of planning something that reads naturally like say Gurren Lagann, it reads like a complete mess. Several plot lines seem to have been aborted, but the biggest one was that Suzaku was supposed to be related to Geass, and in the end he wasn't. As I already mentioned more than half of the KoR should have been removed to keep the feel of the KoR as Aces, and not Fodder.

If Taniguchi's plan was to be as good as a Tomino directed anime than he failed, if his plan was to be as good as Gundam Wing, than I would put that as a success, because while R2 does bring CG down, it doesn't bring them down below GW.

Gundam Wing Endless Waltz on the other hand?

I forgot to mention the best part of Code Geass was the unintentional comedy like Lelouch's pope outfit, Emperor Rocket, and the Fetish Fuel of the ending.

I am suprised more people are not rocking slave Nunnaly avatars

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2008-10-05 at 18:10.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:14   Link #67
Flame-X
Anti-fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
I'm counting both seasons as a whole so I rate this 8/10.

There were several things that bothered me.
-Countless amount of loose ends such as C2's real name, true nature of geass, whatever happened to Kanon, Sayako, Xingke, etc, etc.
-The first 13 eps were slow paced and identical to the first season.
-The idiot Black Knights having such a happy ending without having to pay a single price. Can't believe none of them died!
-The bullet speed pace in the last 7 eps.
-Introducing too many new characters.

It's a shame that we'll probably never see what Director Taniguchi had originally envisioned Code Geass to be. However, just because the show didn't go the way he wanted doesn't mean it sucks. I was entertained throughout the entire show. I find it rare to see a mecha series with a such a bastard protagonist who's not even the main pilot (infact he's poor at piloting) and becoming the driving force of the events rather than going along with flow of the events. Overall, Code Geass is a very enjoyable series. It's something I definitely would buy on DVD.
__________________
Flame-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:49   Link #68
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The only one I am calling plot hole on is the Marianne storyline just because I find it goes past the suspension of disbelief that so many intelligent people like Cornelia, Bismarck, and Jeremiah can not tell the difference between a person who is good, and pure, and Marianne who is kind of a massive bitch.
Considering most of the things that make her look like that only happened after her physical death...it's entirely possible that the Marianne they knew did meet their expectations, at least in some way, while she was alive. It's true, however, that her character was poorly treated, mainly because everything happened so fast.

Quote:
Overall Code Geass biggest crime was simply planning, instead of planning something that reads naturally like say Gurren Lagann, it reads like a complete mess.
I wouldn't put it that way, but at its core that's a very valid point...and partially the fault of the time slot change and the accompanying modifications the series went through. The staff, naturally, could have handled it better, but it does seem they originally wanted to take advantage of the cliffhanger's momentum and not spend time partially re-booting the show, which was what we got.

Quote:
Several plot lines seem to have been aborted, but the biggest one was that Suzaku was supposed to be related to Geass, and in the end he wasn't. As I already mentioned more than half of the KoR should have been removed to keep the feel of the KoR as Aces, and not Fodder.
Suzaku's presumed connection to the Geass hardly got off the ground, we only had a few hints, so it's hard to say what it could have been...but it's probably the one abandoned subplot which has the most specific evidence behind it (in other words, we can clearly tell something was originally planned and left in the cutting room floor). The other examples that are often cited as "aborted subplots" tend to more closely resemble particular audience expectations, perhaps reading too much into a couple of things, than anything else per se.

Quote:
If Taniguchi's plan was to be as good as a Tomino directed anime than he failed, if his plan was to be as good as Gundam Wing, than I would put that as a success, because while R2 does bring CG down, it doesn't bring them down below GW.
Unless we can actually read Taniguchi's mind, it's impossible to know whether he was trying to do anything remotely like what you describe. Then again, I'd still say Code Geass was a better show than a couple of Tomino-directed series (the man made certain masterpieces, the original Gundam first and foremost -particularly the movie adaptations-, but also other series of varying quality where opinions may be divided).

Quote:
I forgot to mention the best part of Code Geass was the unintentional comedy like Lelouch's pope outfit, Emperor Rocket, and the Fetish Fuel of the ending.
All that really didn't do much for me, to be honest, but I guess that's one thing that will always attract attention. Also, I imagine the staff wasn't entirely aloof about the comedic potential of some of those scenes or outfits.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 23:38   Link #69
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Klashikari and several others have already voiced most of my opinions and so I won't waste anyones time to repeat them here. This season with all its ups and downs, on the entertainment level would be a 10/10, on the 'was it actually a good story that I'd consider watching again' level it would be a 5/10. Season 1 is close to a 10/10 in both respects but Season 2 was nothing more than an empty bucket of air. It failed to deliver in everything except the 'shock factor' and a good ending. (Seriously, if I sit down to watch it again I'll likely be spending more time laughing at certain characters and how little they did Kanon, Gino, Anya, the entire KoR except Suzaku, Xingke, and so on.)

But I rated this on the overall series scale, both series included, so I voted 8/10, rounded up. 5/10 for R2.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:20   Link #70
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Despite the fact that my inner critic is telling me, screaming at me in fact, to rate it lower, I'm rating it "Good". 7/10.

The positive things about Code Geass R2 is that it's ambitious, creative and has a lot of balls. It had these characters that, under most circumstances, would be completely loathesome, but the show made them vulnerable enough to still be sympathetic. Particularly Lelouch. I really appreciated the parallel in character development between Lelouch and Suzuka, in that, in a way, both of them "devolved" and were really hardened by their experiences and it actually (ironically) lead them become allies after being enemies after being friends in childhood. And yet, despite this, Lelouch still maintained a semblance of humanity up until the unfortunately ambiguous ending which actually brings this into question. And as far as entertainment value is concerned, I'm not going to debate that the show was a hell of a roller-coaster ride.

The big negative for me was too many plot twists. The pacing was too rampant and it was like a pit bull that someone just pricked with a needle. Every episode had one or more brick-shitting plot twist, and it just became too much. In a universe where anything can happen, who cares what really does? The pacing wasn't conducive to truly credible drama because things weren't allowed to develop properly. Issues and thematics were cast to one side in favour of shocking revelations and cat-and-mouse games of suspense (against who, exactly, is ultimately of little importance). Code Geass R2 isn't exactly a show that demands to be taken "seriously", so I can't really blame the people who didn't or couldn't. I was impressed by Zero Requiem which did actually fill in some of the holes of the very frustrating sequence of three or four episodes between about 19-22 (or there abouts, I can't remember the exact episode numbers) where hardly anything made sense, but in hindsight I thought the ambiguous ending was a cop-out (take note of the fact that people have interpreted it depending on what they'd prefer, so basically it made everyone happy, even if Lelouch is basically anime's version of Schrodinger's Cat) and it brought into question just what sort of person Lelouch was, when I thought we were given an answer in the very well executed (cinematic-wise) Zero Requiem scene.

So yeah, there's good and bad in this show. I enjoyed it, but I think its critics have tended to present more convincing arguments about its merits as a credible piece of storytelling and/or drama than its proponents.

This is actually my first post in the Geass subforum.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:59   Link #71
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
This is from another forum, and I don't know if anyone else has posted it here yet. But its possibly not over (depending on the following statement's validity):

Quote:
A clip from the producer's blog post...

読者の质问に左の第3四半期に発表したすべては、次の..
ccは彼女の愿いを达成するために话が変更される场合が确かに。
平和が长すぎる0.2年とされた后、国の平和を破るにはありません。
and a rough translation:

Quote:
All that were announced to readers in the 3rd left quarter are next.. As for CC, into which will be changed in order to carry out is for whether it being or not? Is it about her Peace?

It is not in breaking the peace of the Empress and a country made into some of the passing year.
Hope of more Geass =
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 03:25   Link #72
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Klashikari and several others have already voiced most of my opinions and so I won't waste anyones time to repeat them here. This season with all its ups and downs, on the entertainment level would be a 10/10, on the 'was it actually a good story that I'd consider watching again' level it would be a 5/10. Season 1 is close to a 10/10 in both respects but Season 2 was nothing more than an empty bucket of air. It failed to deliver in everything except the 'shock factor' and a good ending. (Seriously, if I sit down to watch it again I'll likely be spending more time laughing at certain characters and how little they did Kanon, Gino, Anya, the entire KoR except Suzaku, Xingke, and so on.)

But I rated this on the overall series scale, both series included, so I voted 8/10, rounded up. 5/10 for R2.
In my opinion. Gino has to be one of the worst developed characters in anime history. At no point did it ever make sense what he was fighting for. When he asked himself that after Suzaku defeated him. I asked the very same thing.
He seemed so angry that Schneizel was going to assassinate Charles, but for some reason sides with him for the final battle. Why was it he was so angry with Lelouch when came out sitting in the Emperor's chair? It's not like he ever had a personal grudge against him.
Gino spent his whole season always so clingy to Suzaku, but they never really made much of a connection.

The only thing we ever really learned about him is that he comes from a rich family, came from a VERY high class school (I thought Ashford was high class), and wanted to see Suzaku smile.
He was also completely out of the loop. Through the entire series did he ever learn anything? Like that Lelouch was the original Zero, or about the Geass?
It's not like he was that impressive of a KMF pilot. His only real victories in battle were against minor characters.
At no time did he ever have any influence to the plot. Look at when Anya and Gino joined Ashford. Anya joined to find out about Lelouch. That linked to one of the greatest mysteries of the series, Marianne's death.
Gino joined for the fun.

Take Gino completely out of the story; and what is missing?
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:02   Link #73
ashesatdusk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: La La Land
Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
At least a 7/10 in my opinion. Would I rewatch it ? I'm not sure. Would recommend someone else watch it ? yes.

I'm at a loss to say whether the story is good or just cheesy. The ending I think was fitting. But the story felt rushed to the extent it was choppy, because of an expected plot twist at end of every single episode. I've definitely seen better from Sunrise's doors, and I've also seen a lot worse. Over all I think though the characters of Code Geass, major and minor are over all very well conceived, and I think they did a decent job between the transition of their previous roles to their new roles. Lelouch became more human than he was in R1, Suzaku though annoying as ever became less idealistic, and ruthless like lelouch.

Animation was fine, clamps character designs you either love or hate, I like their story style the art annoys me a bit.

If they ever expand anymore in code geass, I hope they leave the continuity of this story as is. An OVA with a C2 Back story might be nice, or maybe an alternative universe sort of deal.
__________________
Sig never posted, because the mods would remove it for exceeding the size limit.
ashesatdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 05:42   Link #74
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Well, here's my assessment:

Main Points

Storyline: 9/10. Although the plot twists got so numerous as to be somewhat ridiculous, I still enjoyed them immensely. This had so many OMGWTF moments it is incredible. Usually at least one WTF moment per episode. I mean, it takes an extraordinary script writer to put in that many twists. Other than that, the entire series has a wonderful kind of circularity to it, and most ends are tied up at the end. I thought that the way it ended complimented the way it began. In my opinion, Code Geass R2 for me was how S1 should have been.

Animation: 10/10. Though a few times it had me scratching me head because some of the character models looked a bit too thin, for the most part it was a beautifully high-quality anime from beginning to end. One would be hard pressed to find an anime that has such a consistent high quality animation standard. Yes, there was occasional wild distortions (usually in facial expressions), but a lot less than most anime, and far less ridiculous when it comes right down to it.

Character Design/Development: 8/10. Though lelouch mainly drives the show, I did like a ton of secondary characters. However, when the final few episodes came around, I was disappointed when I found out exactly how flat a lot of the secondary characters turned out to be (e.g. Toudou, Cornelia). They were still significant components to the story, though.

Voice Acting: 9/10. Again, I think for me Lelouch had the most compelling voice out of the entire cast, but I think everyone played their parts well. I have no complaints, really. No one can portray emotion quite like original Japanese voice actors.

Editing: 8/10. Though for the most part it was very good, a few times they had a tendency in between episodes to change to a drastically different pacing, such as moving from a battle scene at the end of one episode to a World of C at the start of the next one (as an example).

Other Stuff

Opening Song/Animation: 10/10. OP 2. I love it. I even got the song to put on my iPod, lol.

Ending Song/Animation: 4/10. Everyone has an OP or ED they really don't like, and this was it for me. I always skipped it.

Final Comments

Overall: 9/10. Not quite perfect, but darn close enough. I really liked the ending too, even though it surprised me quite a bit. A lot of people don't like the fact that Lelouch died, but I thought it was fitting given the direction of the storyline.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 05:51   Link #75
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Animation Quality: 8.5, I'd say its above average animation.
Voice Actors: 10, the cast was amazing, has quite a couple of my favourites as well.
Script: 8, probably because I like surprises of any kind.
Editing: 9, its hard to put together such a fast paced plot and still make decent sense.

Well, it sort of rounds up to 9/10 overall for me.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 07:26   Link #76
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
In my opinion. Gino has to be one of the worst developed characters in anime history. At no point did it ever make sense what he was fighting for. When he asked himself that after Suzaku defeated him. I asked the very same thing.
He seemed so angry that Schneizel was going to assassinate Charles, but for some reason sides with him for the final battle. Why was it he was so angry with Lelouch when came out sitting in the Emperor's chair? It's not like he ever had a personal grudge against him.
Gino spent his whole season always so clingy to Suzaku, but they never really made much of a connection.

The only thing we ever really learned about him is that he comes from a rich family, came from a VERY high class school (I thought Ashford was high class), and wanted to see Suzaku smile.
He was also completely out of the loop. Through the entire series did he ever learn anything? Like that Lelouch was the original Zero, or about the Geass?
It's not like he was that impressive of a KMF pilot. His only real victories in battle were against minor characters.
At no time did he ever have any influence to the plot. Look at when Anya and Gino joined Ashford. Anya joined to find out about Lelouch. That linked to one of the greatest mysteries of the series, Marianne's death.
Gino joined for the fun.

Take Gino completely out of the story; and what is missing?
I seriously have the thought that Gino was in the story because of who his seiyu was. Either that, or they just wanted to put in a high ranking character who becomes utterly disorientated by events around him, and didn't want to question why he should be doing X. He simply is there, and he acted. Without thinking.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 07:28   Link #77
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
This is from another forum, and I don't know if anyone else has posted it here yet. But its possibly not over (depending on the following statement's validity):


and a rough translation:



Hope of more Geass =
I don't understand what he is saying ?_?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 07:36   Link #78
Levy
differently sober
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 31
I gave Code Geass R2 a 7, mainly because of the crescendo of the last episodes.
I won’t repeat what other people have said already, many important part of the story were too rushed, some characters didn’t have time to have a proper development in the show, with Suzaku and Charles being the more blantant example. Otherwise I’m fully satisfied with what they did with Lelouch and Nunnaly, and even CC, if you forget the moe part (and I won’t go into secondary characters because it would be seriously too long XD).
Maybe a little smaller cast (more ‘conservative’ of S1) would have fit the whole plot better.
I do not like the character design and animation, but that goes with my personal taste. Ears are otherwise very pleased with Geass. So, seven out of ten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
I'm getting rather annoyed by the fact that people are criticising Code Geass because Scheinzel was not a good "Final villain/boss" figure that they were expecting. Are you people just asking for clichés and formulaic stories or what?
Same here. What I've sadly observed with my intensive lurking in this fandom, is that the majority of people have some sort of urgency to spot out who is the 'Hero' and who is the 'Villain' and see the show as a clash between good and evil - while Geass is a story about a boy with a quite distinctive personality and the terrible power of wishes. It's not definitely an arcade game.

..and.. another thing.. people, stop throwing shit at the BK (Karen included). It was crap from the very start, but in these days, it's really OLD crap.
If you don't get their motivations, go back watch S1 and you'll find out everything you need to understand. The fact they didn't give them enough screentime in R2 to make their mutinity absolutely realistic just doesn't make them idiots or faggots or badasses.
If the writers were persuaded they are doing it all wrong, you would not have got this ending in wich almost everyone is living a happy and satisfactory life.
So, if you are all still thinking all they've done since the mutiny was fail and awfull, maybe there's something you have misinterpreted.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 08:02   Link #79
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
I gave Code Geass R2 a 7, mainly because of the crescendo of the last episodes.
I won’t repeat what other people have said already, many important part of the story were too rushed, some characters didn’t have time to have a proper development in the show, with Suzaku and Charles being the more blantant example. Otherwise I’m fully satisfied with what they did with Lelouch and Nunnaly, and even CC, if you forget the moe part (and I won’t go into secondary characters because it would be seriously too long XD).
Maybe a little smaller cast (more ‘conservative’ of S1) would have fit the whole plot better.
I do not like the character design and animation, but that goes with my personal taste. Ears are otherwise very pleased with Geass. So, seven out of ten.



Same here. What I've sadly observed with my intensive lurking in this fandom, is that the majority of people have some sort of urgency to spot out who is the 'Hero' and who is the 'Villain' and see the show as a clash between good and evil - while Geass is a story about a boy with a quite distinctive personality and the terrible power of wishes. It's not definitely an arcade game.

..and.. another thing.. people, stop throwing shit at the BK (Karen included). It was crap from the very start, but in these days, it's really OLD crap.
If you don't get their motivations, go back watch S1 and you'll find out everything you need to understand. The fact they didn't give them enough screentime in R2 to make their mutinity absolutely realistic just doesn't make them idiots or faggots or badasses.
If the writers were persuaded they are doing it all wrong, you would not have got this ending in wich almost everyone is living a happy and satisfactory life.
So, if you are all still thinking all they've done since the mutiny was fail and awfull, maybe there's something you have misinterpreted.
My only complaint is that since the Black Knights where so poorly written that it made them look like complete idiots because only Lelouch, Kallen, and Suzaku where ever properly developed.

As for it being a battle of gray, I have no problem when that, except that most people do want to see a battle of good vs evil, and so they try to make Lelouch a shining example of good trying to overthrow his evil father, and Schneizel to be some nutcase that just wants to blow up the world.

The same thing happened with Death Note, and that even had the writer bashing it into the audiences head that Light was evil.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 08:17   Link #80
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Everyone agrees that R2 would've seen more of its potential if it had 39 episodes.

Rushed R2 turned out to be fairly awesome, what more if it it had been completed properly?

Despite everything, you'd have to give R2 props for making the main villain die by turning into a magical rocket.
__________________
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.