AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-08, 15:15   Link #41
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
the series started off so good then ended so bad so fast...
10 episodes of dorking around, 2 episodes of actual plot, 1 episode of concentrated fanservice
I agree it stalled a bit halfway through the series but the entire setting was so much fun I loved it. The ending did feel a bit sudden and forced, it would've been better if they worked their way towards it in some way instead of just instantly showing it.
Yes the OVA is alot of fanservice but that didn't bother me, the thing that did bother me was the ghost I have absolutely no idea what that thing suddenly popped up for...
Might have been a joke from the animators but annoyed me a bit ...

Anyway OTw was great and I'll probably buy the DVD's later

Old 2004-05-08, 15:54   Link #42
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Yes the OVA is alot of fanservice but that didn't bother me, the thing that did bother me was the ghost I have absolutely no idea what that thing suddenly popped up for...
Might have been a joke from the animators but annoyed me a bit ...
I think it would be hilarious if it turns out that was the setup for the next Onegai show, just like the alien crash landing was the setup for Twins. I don't really think there was a reason, though.
Old 2004-05-08, 16:03   Link #43
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I think it would be hilarious if it turns out that was the setup for the next Onegai show, just like the alien crash landing was the setup for Twins. I don't really think there was a reason, though.

What? You mean like Onegai Ghost or Onegai Ethereal Being That Could Be Related to Me...But Could Also Not ?

I'm sorry, i think i went a bit overboard with the last one, but there was a thread that dealt with possible titles for the next show.....i think that was before the big crash.
Old 2004-05-08, 19:33   Link #44
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Onegai #3 ..hehehe there might be one ..no doubt about it
maybe next year

Quote:
Iif there will be an Onegai #3!
Old 2004-05-08, 21:13   Link #45
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
When did Itchigo become such a Voyeur?
Old 2004-05-08, 22:11   Link #46
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
What? You mean like Onegai Ghost or Onegai Ethereal Being That Could Be Related to Me...But Could Also Not ?

I'm sorry, i think i went a bit overboard with the last one, but there was a thread that dealt with possible titles for the next show.....i think that was before the big crash.
LOL. Well, I meant that the reason Maiku, Miina, and Karen all came to the town was because they all saw the UFO story on TV... maybe the next group would see the ghost story on TV... But, this... um... this works too! And, yeah, I do remember that thread, I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
When did Itchigo become such a Voyeur?
Since the beginning of Twins... I'm not quite sure what happened in between Teacher and Twins that transformed her in that way, but she's become a pretty odd Student Council President, to say the least...
Old 2004-05-10, 03:31   Link #47
Lefteris_D

I finally wached it last night. My opinion? Well, it had alot of things that I expected but it also lacked a few.

It had it's dose of bath scenes, it had "bouncy" scenes and the Mizuho serious "nosebleed" scene at the beach that the Teacher season lacked.

At least Maiku confessed directly in a way and we learned a new term for having S**! "making memories"... Overall it was a nice episode but I expected alot more.

What is left to say? See you all in Onegai Poltergeist
Old 2004-05-10, 04:41   Link #48
Marine-RX179

I know it's against the rules to ask for links to licensed anime here so I'm not going to ask. But I just want to asked for those of you that already watched this '13th episode', is it just the raw or did some group already subbed it it can be obtained elsewhere?
Old 2004-05-10, 07:18   Link #49
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Since the beginning of Twins... I'm not quite sure what happened in between Teacher and Twins that transformed her in that way, but she's become a pretty odd Student Council President, to say the least...
I don't think it's beyond her to act like the way she does now. I still find it believable and consistent somehow--like she's finally having fun in her life after all the incidents from Onegai Teacher.

For me, the biggest question mark is still Matagu. He was probably the most normal guy in Onegai Teacher, and now all of a sudden he's a hopeless loner who's got this strange fascination with his younger sister. How the hell did he end up that way anyway?!
Old 2004-05-10, 09:25   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I don't think it's beyond her to act like the way she does now. I still find it believable and consistent somehow--like she's finally having fun in her life after all the incidents from Onegai Teacher.

For me, the biggest question mark is still Matagu. He was probably the most normal guy in Onegai Teacher, and now all of a sudden he's a hopeless loner who's got this strange fascination with his younger sister. How the hell did he end up that way anyway?!
Yeah, now that I think about it, I think I agree with you about Ichigo, actually. I noticed that she had changed a bit, but it didn't seem out-of-character for me either. Still the strangest student council president I've ever heard of, though...

As for Matagu, well, IIRC, he was the only guy to end the last show without a girlfriend, so I guess he's a little... err... romance-deprived... I guess it's one of those "No girlfriend make Matagu go something, something..." kind of scenarios...
Closed Thread