AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-07, 13:22   Link #2061
Train Samurai
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Internet Cafe
It's like whether or not Lulu lived or died, they clearly set it up so that you can use the fight as evidence of either one of them being the superior pilot.

One idea I never heard anybody else put out yet is that rather than the live geass empowering Suzaku it's possible that it wound up failing him in that in the last moments it might have forced him to throw the fight in such a way that he would make it out alive rather than let him go all out (which probably would have ended in them killing each other.)

Regardless, it's kinda like shipping, people who can't look at it subjectively will say that the character they like more is better.
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:51   Link #2062
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
No, he does not, as far as we can see
in the series, have a Geass. He suffers a Geass curse, there's a distinct difference.

You cannot cleanly state that it only brings out natural ability, because that is not a fact. The only information we have, is that it grants a combat advantage, which was the decisive factor against Bismark.
it is up to the user to decide if it is a blessing or a curse.


either way, all Geass have their ability but nothing was shown that it makes someone a more skilled pilot or make his mecha more advanced.

yes i can state that Live Geass helps bring someone fight at his peak but not go beyond. you have provide no evidence whatsoever and tried to post your opinion as fact. Live Geass helped Suzaku work harder to what he is capable off anyway, however not surpassing it or going beyond.

His fight with Bismark was nothing special. He used his Live Geass to work harder and he speed up his mecha to a fast speed against Bismark, the move was a head on attack that even Bismark knew about but couldnt stop. He decided to face him straight on with a inferior mecha and he paid the price.

Suzaku didnt gain no skills or his Albion was made stronger in the fight, he just used Live Geass to help him go faster (but not faster than what the Albion is capable off) and did a move that Bismark thought he could counter but failed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Samurai View Post
It's like whether or not Lulu lived or died, they clearly set it up so that you can use the fight as evidence of either one of them being the superior pilot.

One idea I never heard anybody else put out yet is that rather than the live geass empowering Suzaku it's possible that it wound up failing him in that in the last moments it might have forced him to throw the fight in such a way that he would make it out alive rather than let him go all out (which probably would have ended in them killing each other.)

Regardless, it's kinda like shipping, people who can't look at it subjectively will say that the character they like more is better.
yes i know but there are still things you can conclude in it. in all it was a draw that Kallen got the the short end of the stick since she didnt accomplished anything that she set out to do while Suzaku did.

as for the Live Geass failing him, he needed to fake his death since he couldn't live as Suzaku no more. so it could be a possibility but he had control over it and that is why i believe he made the fight a draw and not Live Geass forcing him too. the way Albion exploded it was just to fool everyone Kallen, Gino and the audiance that Suzaku got killed and lost but he didnt.
__________________

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-10-08 at 01:11.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:06   Link #2063
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
either way, all Geass have their ability but nothing was shown that it makes someone a more skilled pilot or make his mecha more advanced.
Then you should watch episode 22 again. Geass makes him faster. It's an advantage, and one willfully triggered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
yes i can state that Live Geass helps bring someone fight at his peak but not go beyond. you have provide no evidence whatsoever and tried to post your opinion as fact. Live Geass helped Suzaku work harder to what he is capable off anyway, however not surpassing it or going beyond.
If he were capable of it normally, he wouldn't need the Geass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
His fight with Bismark was nothing special. He used his Live Geass to work harder and he speed up his mecha to a fast speed against Bismark, the move was a head on attack that even Bismark knew about but couldnt stop. He decided to face him straight on with a inferior mecha and he paid the price.
If he didn't have the Geass that attack would have failed, plain and simple. Bismarck had him stalemated until the live Geass gave Suzaku inhuman focus to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
Suzaku didnt gain no skills or his Albion was made stronger in the fight, he just used Live Geass to help him go faster (but not faster than what the Albion is capable off) and did a move that Bismark thought he could counter but failed.
The live Geass is a skill, one he triggers willfully. Quit trying to downplay its importance. He wouldn't have won without it.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:33   Link #2064
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Then you should watch episode 22 again. Geass makes him faster. It's an advantage, and one willfully triggered.
not faster than what what the Albion is capable off. and here is a direct quote from you in the forum about .

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12281

you said it help push him to the limit. nothing about going beyond that is foolish and you are contradicting yourself.

and did you watch episode 25 again and realize your error of saying Suzaku used his Live Geass from the get go against Kallen?

Quote:
If he were capable of it normally, he wouldn't need the Geass.
please, every time someone fights, they dont always fight at their best, all that Live Geass does is help use his abilities to the fullest. He can do that on his own but with Live Geass it just comes easier. without the Live Geass, he still would of won against Bismark.

Quote:
If he didn't have the Geass that attack would have failed, plain and simple. Bismarck had him stalemated until the live Geass gave Suzaku inhuman focus to win.
not inhuman, but what he can reach on his own though Live Geass just makes it easier reach his peak sooner, he just blasted made his Albion go faster and did a move that Bismark saw. Suzaku even mentioned that before he killed Bismark that even if could predict the path, it would be pointless. Bismark saw the move in the end and still got killed since his mech was just too inferior.

Quote:
The live Geass is a skill, one he triggers willfully. Quit trying to downplay its importance. He wouldn't have won without it.
who saids im trying to downplay it, it doesnt increase anything that he has beyond his peak. he would of won without it against Bismark.

its funny how you say Kallen would of won against Bismark because her mech is superior and not Suzaku, yeah great logic there buddy.
__________________
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:44   Link #2065
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
not faster than what what the Albion is capable off. and here is a direct quote from you in the forum about .

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12281

you said it help push him to the limit. nothing about going beyond that is foolish and you are contradicting yourself.
Just because the Albion is capable of going that fast does not mean Suzaku can reach that level of his own accord. He may not be surpassing his limits, but he is surpassing what he is normally capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
and did you watch episode 25 again and realize your error of saying Suzaku used his Live Geass from the get go against Kallen?
Yeah, I've watched it, and yes, he does use it from the start.

What's this? Live Geass activates at the start of the fight? When you ask people to review the episode, be sure that you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
please, every time someone fights, they dont always fight at their best, all that Live Geass does is help use his abilities to the fullest. He can do that on his own but with Live Geass it just comes easier. without the Live Geass, he still would of won against Bismark.
No, he can't do that own his own, or he wouldn't bother using it. He wouldn't, and couldn't, even touch Bismarck before the live Geass was active. Against Kallen, with the Geass active, which he explicitly states, he could not overcome her. The Geass is an adrenaline shot for him. You're desperately trying to downplay what it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
not inhuman, but what he can reach on his own though Live Geass just makes it easier reach his peak sooner, he just blasted made his Albion go faster and did a move that Bismark saw. Suzaku even mentioned that before he killed Bismark that even if could predict the path, it would be pointless. Bismark saw the move in the end and still got killed since his mech was just too inferior.
He was killed because Suzaku's live Geass made him faster than Bismarck could keep up with. Then he just sliced the sword down the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
who saids im trying to downplay it, it doesnt increase anything that he has beyond his peak. he would of won without it against Bismark.

its funny how you say Kallen would of won against Bismark because her mech is superior and not Suzaku, yeah great logic there buddy.
I never said Kallen would have won. In fact I seriously doubt she would have. Don't put words in my mouth. And no, he would not have won, because he couldn't win until he used it.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 09:45   Link #2066
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Just because the Albion is capable of going that fast does not mean Suzaku can reach that level of his own accord. He may not be surpassing his limits, but he is surpassing what he is normally capable of.
since Suzaku is superhuman by default he can push things more than just your regular human like Kallen or Bismark and his body can take more punishiment. pushing yourself at that speed and fighting takes a toll on you, thus having Kallen passout and Suzaku not when they fought. he can fight at that extreme and last longer. it is body toughness and strength and also his mental concentration that makes him capable off achiving that and Live Geass helps exploit that. it would of taken him longer without it but i am confident he would of reach it non the less.


Quote:
Yeah, I've watched it, and yes, he does use it from the start.

What's this? Live Geass activates at the start of the fight? When you ask people to review the episode, be sure that you're right.
oh trust me i am right and i believe you misread what i wrote....okay, you didnt read it right when i was arguing with BladeofDarkness (who is now banned for some reason) or whoever else i was debating with before you came in. Suzaku didn't have the Live Geass on throughout the whole blasted fight since the beginning to the end or when they were in combat. It was on and off

let me prove my case. here is a face of Suzaku when were shown again him and Kallen battling for the second time.



as you can see his face is not lit up with Live Geass. Live Geass is off. So before this pic was shown Suzaku had to be battling Kallen with out the Live Geass for a while. Now after this pic, Suzaku and Kallen exchanged blows and we are once again shown Suzaku's face.



He has no Live Geass. Live Geass is still off. So he is still battling Kallen without the assistance of Live Geass.

next scene we are shown Kallen and Suzaku fighting in mere dots and then up in the sky fighting and hitting each other. Suzaku lands a hit to Kallen with one of the swords and then Kallen lands a kick to Suzaku. keep in mind that the last time we saw Suzaku he had no Live Geass on and once again we are are shown his face.



No Live Geass! and later on we see he still has the two blades. So he was fighting Kallen with no Live Geass still to this point.

next time we are taken to the battle were Kallen and Suzaku are engaging because we see a red blast that was aimed at Suzaku.



when were are shown Suzaku's face immidiately after,



No LIVE GEASS being used even at this point in the battle. So sometime before the first pick of Suzaku that I posted the Live Geass was off and up to this point. NOT ONCE were we shown Suzaku having the LIVE GEASS on. He was fighting Kallen without it. That is a big chunk of the fight.

It is only when he tried to end the fight that we were again shown that Suzaku using Live Geass which he managed to do and fake his death.


do you understand now? he didnt use it 100% and for the majority of the fight, Suzaku didnt use Live Geass against Kallen.

Quote:
No, he can't do that own his own, or he wouldn't bother using it. He wouldn't, and couldn't, even touch Bismarck before the live Geass was active. Against Kallen, with the Geass active, which he explicitly states, he could not overcome her. The Geass is an adrenaline shot for him. You're desperately trying to downplay what it does.
dude the whole world and the all the major leaders were watching and Suzaku & Lelouch needed to make a statement especially when Lelouch took the thrown. No chances were taken and he used his Live Geass to help reach his peak faster. Suzaku is superhuman without the live geass, he can push farther than others. Nothing is indicated that he cant push it without the Geass, also it wasnt mentioned that he did push the Albion to the limit against Bismark anyway. He just made it go faster with assistance with Live Geass but without he still could of accomplished it. I mean it was just faster speed. He has the Live Geass and he uses it. There is no indication that he would of failed without it.

also Code Geass R2 made it a habit that when a new mecha is introduce or given some sort of an upgrade that it wins for some reason or another. so sooner or later Suzaku would of won. I am not desperately trying downgrade the Live Geass, it does what it does but Suzaku can do the samething but just a little longer.

Quote:
He was killed because Suzaku's live Geass made him faster than Bismarck could keep up with. Then he just sliced the sword down the middle.
okay and? it was a head on attack and Bismark saw it. He foolishly believed he could counter Suzaku at that speed and with that superior mecha. he paid the price.

Quote:
I never said Kallen would have won. In fact I seriously doubt she would have. Don't put words in my mouth. And no, he would not have won, because he couldn't win until he used it.
sorry mistook you for someone else on that, i am aruging with more than one person at a time. and yes he would of won, he could of reach it but he needed to rap things up quickly and Live Geass made him accomplish that a little bit faster. I mean Suzaku won in a matter of seconds against all of them.

again, this series in R2 made it a habit of showing more advanced mechas or newly introduced or ones that recieved an upgrade win. only a 9th generation frame can defeat a 9th generation. there are just too many weapons and variables. so no, Bismark would lose in the end. if he had a equal mecha then his skills would defeat anyone put in front of him along with the aid of his future geass.

they would of made the new mecha win for whatever reason they can come up with.
__________________
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 09:58   Link #2067
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Uh, the reason why Suzaku's Geass wasn't active was because a blast like the one Kallen did with the last of her energy could have easily been blocked. That shield was big. When they went close-up, the Live Geass activated again, and THEN, later on, WHILST IT WAS ACTIVE, he said:

"I can't lay down a blow decisively, even with the Live Geass...Kallen, what strength...!"

And he used the Geass in critical moments of the fight. The beginning, because he needed to get the upper hand, and the end because he sought to kill her. Pretty freakin' pertinent moments if you ask me.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 12:36   Link #2068
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
It's an on and off thing. When Suzaku needs that little edge to get through an obstacle it turns on. He doesn't need it on all the time. If Kallen pulls a manuever that catches him off guard or something that's really hard to counter, it turns on.

It was only when he was brought down to just hands and legs that he had to go all out with his live geass on all the time.

Besides, it was a tie.

Both suits were totalled. Kallen didn't die because Gino saved her. Suzaku didn't die because he jumped out of the suit in time.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 18:40   Link #2069
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
since Suzaku is superhuman by default he can push things more than just your regular human like Kallen or Bismark and his body can take more punishiment. pushing yourself at that speed and fighting takes a toll on you, thus having Kallen passout and Suzaku not when they fought. he can fight at that extreme and last longer. it is body toughness and strength and also his mental concentration that makes him capable off achiving that and Live Geass helps exploit that. it would of taken him longer without it but i am confident he would of reach it non the less.
You're just ignoring the obvious. If he could reach that extreme by himself, he wouldn't need the Geass. It gives him focus which he could not achieve on his own. You're just trying to reduce its importance to shore up your position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
oh trust me i am right and i believe you misread what i wrote....okay, you didnt read it right when i was arguing with BladeofDarkness (who is now banned for some reason) or whoever else i was debating with before you came in. Suzaku didn't have the Live Geass on throughout the whole blasted fight since the beginning to the end or when they were in combat. It was on and off
Off during chat scenes only, not during the combat scenes where it counted. Also note that he got hit badly in those scenes where he didn't use it. VARIS and both swords lost to Kallen. The only hits he landed, the latter of which we never see his face in, was when he destroyed her fork knife and clipped her wing (which got him the same in return).

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
do you understand now? he didnt use it 100% and for the majority of the fight, Suzaku didnt use Live Geass against Kallen.
And look what it cost him. He only gained control of the fight when he started using it. You're grasping at straws again. All those scenes you point out have them either trading blocked blows or Suzaku getting hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
dude the whole world and the all the major leaders were watching and Suzaku & Lelouch needed to make a statement especially when Lelouch took the thrown. No chances were taken and he used his Live Geass to help reach his peak faster. Suzaku is superhuman without the live geass, he can push farther than others. Nothing is indicated that he cant push it without the Geass, also it wasnt mentioned that he did push the Albion to the limit against Bismark anyway. He just made it go faster with assistance with Live Geass but without he still could of accomplished it. I mean it was just faster speed. He has the Live Geass and he uses it. There is no indication that he would of failed without it.
Now you're just making things up. They weren't watching every moment. They couldn't. It's a battle, not a broadcast live event. He cannot reach his peak without his live Geass, or else he wouldn't use it to do so. Again, you're just trying to underscore its importance to bolster your argument.

And yes, he would have failed against Bismarck, because he was failing against Bismarck. He couldn't touch the man, and he knew it, which is why he needed the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
also Code Geass R2 made it a habit that when a new mecha is introduce or given some sort of an upgrade that it wins for some reason or another. so sooner or later Suzaku would of won. I am not desperately trying downgrade the Live Geass, it does what it does but Suzaku can do the samething but just a little longer.
Yeah, you are trying to downgrade it. You're trying to make it seem like the advantage it gives him is something he can do of his own accord, which it isn't. Your CMOA comparison means nothing. He kicked Gino's ass pretty soundly and an army of Sutherlands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
okay and? it was a head on attack and Bismark saw it. He foolishly believed he could counter Suzaku at that speed and with that superior mecha. he paid the price.
Which he wouldn't have if Suzaku's live Geass wasn't boosting his speed. If Suzaku could have won so easily he wouldn't have used the power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
sorry mistook you for someone else on that, i am aruging with more than one person at a time. and yes he would of won, he could of reach it but he needed to rap things up quickly and Live Geass made him accomplish that a little bit faster. I mean Suzaku won in a matter of seconds against all of them.
No, he wouldn't. He wasn't winning before he used it. Bismarck was toying with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
again, this series in R2 made it a habit of showing more advanced mechas or newly introduced or ones that recieved an upgrade win. only a 9th generation frame can defeat a 9th generation. there are just too many weapons and variables. so no, Bismark would lose in the end. if he had a equal mecha then his skills would defeat anyone put in front of him along with the aid of his future geass.

they would of made the new mecha win for whatever reason they can come up with.
Making things up again. You're trying to justify your point with things that never happened, and it isn't working. Geass throws your foolish comparison out the window. Stick Rolo in a Sutherland and he could kill Suzaku in the Albion in an instant.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 18:45   Link #2070
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
his geass was on during the entire battle (from the first shot to the last blow)
and he said himself that he still cant win when using it
the "live on" thing isnt a superpower that he can regulate
it pushes him to his limits to insure that he doesnt die

and as far as holding back and "letting her win" well
just look at the last move of the fight (before the final blow)
kallen uses her signiture weapon (the right arm) in direct opposition to suzaku's signiture weapon (the spinzaku kick)
if this was a shonen anime this would be the part where both fighters smash their swords together for the final time
the outcome : the leg shatters to pieces while the arm remains
it doesnt get more symbolic then that
Watch the episode again. His Geass WAS NOT ON the whole entire battle. Animators got lazy, or Suzaku turns it on and off.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 01:14   Link #2071
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: A-LAWLS Base (orly?)
Suzaku's live geass kicks in basically serves as an override when he is in a situation where he would die if it wasnt for it. He would do actions which basically prevent his death, such as a ceasefire with the FLIEJA being fired. He CANT use the Geass intentionally. Thats all there is.

The reason why Bismark died was because the Live Geass made suzaku move "unnaturally", he was deviating off what Bismark's geass was telling him, travelling right instead of left. Well in his case, Suzaku charged straight as Bismark, instead of flying away like the geass told him. It didn't make him go faster at all.

Now in the final battle, basically the same story. If it wasnt for the live geass suzaku would have died. His geass basically controlled him in situations where he would have been overwhelmed indefinately, so therefore he could only barely match the Guren, example he'd only be able to defend the Guren's attack. The live geass pretty much commands you to live; lets say if a flieja bomb was launched, Suzaku would have escaped the vicinity of the area ASAP to ensure his survival, like as if he was brainwave hacking.

The Guren was disabled to some extent, it meant the whole shutdown cause the OS crashed (or something like that... snapped power cables anyone?). However, Suzaku's KMF was impaled, by the "useless" arm which the Guren rarely ever uses, in the yddragsil drive/power filler location. (Proven when C.C.'s lancelot gets decimated; you see a pink glow in that region). Technically the lancelot would be completely disabled by that and I'd assume that without any power, since the Yddragsil drive would have been destroyed. We won't know if it was a deliberate loss, since sunrise left it as an open ending; its purely subjective. Just stop arguing over it okay?
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:39   Link #2072
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
You're just ignoring the obvious. If he could reach that extreme by himself, he wouldn't need the Geass. It gives him focus which he could not achieve on his own. You're just trying to reduce its importance to shore up your position.
no, there is no obvious on your end. you have no proof whatsoever that Live Geass gives him more than what he cannot accomplished. Suzaku is superhuman and pushes things and take more punishment than your regular human. all that Live Geass doesnt enhance the user, it just help use whatever user has to his/her maximum ability.


Quote:
Off during chat scenes only, not during the combat scenes where it counted. Also note that he got hit badly in those scenes where he didn't use it. VARIS and both swords lost to Kallen. The only hits he landed, the latter of which we never see his face in, was when he destroyed her fork knife and clipped her wing (which got him the same in return).
you are even contracting yourself here. only on chat scenes only? did you even read what i wrote???? did you See Suzaku attack and hit Kallen when they exchanged blows the second time we are shown without the Live Geass? and he manage to hit her. that already kills your little "only chatting" scene. Also they were hitting and talking to each other almost the whole time! so you make no sense whatsoever.

the whole time from then on when we are shown Suzaku he had no Live Geass until he tried again to get a decisive hit. he mentioned about not being able to end it using LIVE GEASS, so thats even more proof that he wasnt using it. So He had it OFF UNTIL THAT TIME.

the writers dont need to show you his blasted face every single time they are battleling to tell you that live geass is not being used. you cannot say he had it on since everytime we are shown it is blasted off in that time frame. IT IS OFF. use your blasted common sense on that one.

throughout they both got their hits on each other and they were even after they ran out of energy to fly with their wings.

Quote:
And look what it cost him. He only gained control of the fight when he started using it. You're grasping at straws again. All those scenes you point out have them either trading blocked blows or Suzaku getting hit.
lol, Kallen or Suzaku were never in control. it went back and forth. the whole time the Live Geass was off during that time slot (from the second time they showed Suzaku until he tried to use it again when he complimented Kallen).
the writers dont need to show you his face everytime he is battling to tell and make the point accross that Live Geass was off and he was able to hit her without it.




Quote:
Now you're just making things up. They weren't watching every moment. They couldn't. It's a battle, not a broadcast live event. He cannot reach his peak without his live Geass, or else he wouldn't use it to do so. Again, you're just trying to underscore its importance to bolster your argument.

And yes, he would have failed against Bismarck, because he was failing against Bismarck. He couldn't touch the man, and he knew it, which is why he needed the help.
sometimes i scratch my head and wonder how you can miss simple logic. this is almost as dumb as that blasted comment you made about Military trainning or Physical combat having no talent.

oh dear, they Broadcast the battle on TV for Suzaku and Bismark. Lelouch then told Suzaku that he could not lose since this is broacast around the world. So it was a broadcast live event and a battle LOL. Earth to Morobo!!! they needed to make a statement and wasted no time. there was just too much at stake..

Suzaku was about to try something else because he said "however" before he got interuptted by Lelouch. when you have a newly advanced mecha in your hands, you can win more than one way when your opponent has an inferior machine.

you have nothing backing up that claim. time and time again in R2 that a newly introduced mecha was introduced or given an enhancement, it came out the victor. they would of made Suzaku win some other way. Kallen then even mentioned that only the Guren can match up against that Albion. that helps point that only a 9th generation frame can defeat another 9th generation frame.



Quote:
Yeah, you are trying to downgrade it. You're trying to make it seem like the advantage it gives him is something he can do of his own accord, which it isn't. Your CMOA comparison means nothing. He kicked Gino's ass pretty soundly and an army of Sutherlands.

yeah, and you are trying to downgrade Suzaku. you are trying to make it seem that someone who is Superhuman cannot do something so simple as to make his machine faster. there is no advantage other than reaching his peak of performance quicker.

Quote:
Which he wouldn't have if Suzaku's live Geass wasn't boosting his speed. If Suzaku could have won so easily he wouldn't have used the power.
this is not the point about Suzaku winning so easily, just the point it would of taken longer without live geass.

Quote:
No, he wouldn't. He wasn't winning before he used it. Bismarck was toying with him.
neither was bismark, and he wasnt toying with him, he just blocked two moves and you called that toying? bah, you probably mistaken that for Bismark's cocky attituted. Bismark was not in a position or in advantage position in their fight. he was just defending.

Quote:
Making things up again. You're trying to justify your point with things that never happened, and it isn't working. Geass throws your foolish comparison out the window. Stick Rolo in a Sutherland and he could kill Suzaku in the Albion in an instant.
how is that making things up and it never happend? so far the 9th generations frames were the only ones destroying each other. and also in R2 the more advanced mech defeated the inferior one pratically evertime. so logic has it that Suzaku can win some other way, it is crazy not to think so especially since he is an Ace pilot and has a superior machine and he can push farther since he is superhuman. Lelouch even commented on Suzaku's extrodinary mind. It is foolish to think that he can use some other way to defeat Bismark, especially since Bismark kind of cocky.

and looks who is making things up. you come and say Sticking Rolo in the 5th generation Sutherland and also have him kill him in an instant???????????????????????????????? yeah, another attempt to downgrade Suzaku as some joe.
__________________
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:41   Link #2073
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Even someone like Suzaku would be fucked against Rolo's Geass, Danny.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 07:11   Link #2074
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Even someone like Suzaku would be fucked against Rolo's Geass, Danny.
im not even talking about if Suzaku would lose or win against Rolo. the point is that the series has always shown the more advanced frame win or when one was newly introduced win in R2. so it is great % that Suzaku would of won against Bismark anyway, especially since he just made his Albion go faster to a point that Bismark could not keep up which is something he could do on his own.

this has nothing to do with a person winning against a person who is in a more advanced mecha. they didnt make it happend so it is pointless to bring something like that up. they made the opposite happend over and over again in one on one situations.
__________________
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 07:41   Link #2075
Train Samurai
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Internet Cafe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Even someone like Suzaku would be fucked against Rolo's Geass, Danny.
So would Kallen, Bismarck, Marianne, etc. what's your point?
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 07:49   Link #2076
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
What he said was:

and looks who is making things up. you come and say Sticking Rolo in the 5th generation Sutherland and also have him kill him in an instant???????????????????????????????? yeah, another attempt to downgrade Suzaku as some joe.


Having an instant kill ability does not make Suzaku 'some joe'. Any pilot, no matter how skilled, can be killed by Rolo, or could have been, and he indeed would have owned Suzaku given a Sutherland and a few seconds of time stoppage.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 08:00   Link #2077
Train Samurai
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Internet Cafe
Well I can't give a decent rebuttal there all I can see is that his live command also activates to a lesser extent when his life is in immediate danger.
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 08:06   Link #2078
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Bit too late when Rolo uses Geass on him, not to mention, though at the cost of more strain on his heart, he can extend the radius indefinitely.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:11   Link #2079
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
i dont want to get into a discussion about Rolo with his Geass in a 5th generation frame beating a 9th Generation frame with the pilot being an ace in a INSTANT, since that is Morobo's arguement. i would only say that it wont be instant by any means since certainly they would not come unprepare against him with that Geass.

the more times Rolo uses his Geass his heart takes a pounding and certainly with a 9th generation mecha and the pilot being an ace and knowing about his Geass, will make Rolo use the Geass to a good degree and work for the win. win or lose i dont see the battle being decided in an instant. that is all i am going to say about that subject.
__________________
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:15   Link #2080
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Suzaku certainly knew nothing about Rolo's Geass for the entire show. The one time it was used on him in Turn 6, he wasn't even aware he'd been Geassed. The five people aware of his Geass were V.V., Lelouch, Jeremiah, Sayoko and Villetta.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.