AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star OVA Rating
Perfect 10 71 44.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 22.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 8.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-11, 00:31   Link #21
Kamatari
Fansub'n Swiss Army Knife
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
As we can't ever really know what Kagami is saying, it's more appropriate to leave it up to the viewer to speculate what she says.
She's saying "cos tai" (I want to cos). Maybe it's the slurring that threw some people off (including Japanese, apparently, what with the "gattai" interpretation...), but it was easy to decipher to me.
Kamatari is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 01:22   Link #22
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
It is either cosplay or combine.

If it is cosplay, that would be hilarious to see Kagami cosplaying. Miku's costume ACTUALLY fitted her LOL.

If it is combine, I think it would be a reference to Claymore's Luciela and Rafaela.

I am more for the first. Miku-Kagami is so cute.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 02:15   Link #23
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Pretty much more of the same. Fans will love it. I thought it was just as hit-and-miss as the main series.

The Shaft-ish dream sequence was pure random, while in the mmorpg sequence it kept feeling like each joke was exactly one line too long. The volleyball sequence and lost-in-the-wilderness sequence didn't do much for me, but I seriously lol'd at the punch line of the Kagami dream sequence.
Sorrow-K is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 07:24   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I want more. Or MOAR. Whatever.

(Though I could have done without the live action lucky channel.)
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 10:46   Link #25
kyouray
2D > 3D
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France
Age: 26
This OVA is pretty good, I want moar ! However there were weird scenes (with frogs) and I'm not a big fan of live action Lucky Channel.
MMO part was the best
__________________
kyouray is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 11:04   Link #26
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
This OVA is pretty good, I want moar ! However there were weird scenes (with frogs) and I'm not a big fan of live action Lucky Channel.
MMO part was the best
Btw what MMO is it depicted in? Fiesta?
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 12:30   Link #27
kyouray
2D > 3D
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Btw what MMO is it depicted in? Fiesta?
I've read that's a parody of “The Tower of Druaga ~Recovery of Babylim~”
http://druaga-mmo.com/
__________________
kyouray is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 12:32   Link #28
Zeroryoko1974
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
gave it a 6. Would have givent it higher but the Lucky Channel bit dragged it down. It went on far to long. Patty treating Cherry like Seito was kind of funny
__________________
Zeroryoko1974 is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 17:33   Link #29
BigGimp77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I gave it an 8.

Pretty had all the good and bad from the first season. Some good stories. Some so-so stories. But like the main series, over all an entertaining watch. Shame they didn't get all the characters some screen time.

I was thinking "Omg where the heck is the manga store owner... They HAVE to have him in here somewhere" half way through the OVA. And then the 'AFK scene' came on and it was great.

I also liked the whole dream story. Probably my second favorite scene.

The live action Lucky Channel was weird. I applaud them for trying something new with Lucky Channel skit because it was getting sorta old, but the Live Action didn't really do anything for me.

Overall very enjoyable though. Can't wait to see if they'll do another OVA or anything.
BigGimp77 is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 19:19   Link #30
Un1234l
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
7/10. It was enjoyable.

I agree with everyone who said that it doesn't really feel that Lucky-Star-ish. I also can't seem to find out the reason why I have that feeling.

My favourite arcs are the Volleyball arc and the MMO. Animate arc was short, but sweet.

The pet shop arc was really weird. It was confusing; maybe because it was full of references.

References I noticed:
Toilet no Hanako (maybe)
Code Geass
(I am Zero!)
(I will use you up like a ragged cloth!)
Sgt. Keroro
Macross
(Aya Endo, Galactic fairy)
Soul Eater
Un1234l is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 21:21   Link #31
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
For me, the cute OVA didn't grab my attention until the MMO bit. From there, I enjoyed bits of the Kagami dream sequence and cracked up at the Miku transformation!

And the Anime Tenchou peddler.... SHES AFK!!!!!!!
__________________
Imaginer is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 21:46   Link #32
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1234l View Post
7/10. It was enjoyable.

I agree with everyone who said that it doesn't really feel that Lucky-Star-ish. I also can't seem to find out the reason why I have that feeling.

My favourite arcs are the Volleyball arc and the MMO. Animate arc was short, but sweet.

The pet shop arc was really weird. It was confusing; maybe because it was full of references.

References I noticed:
Toilet no Hanako (maybe)
Code Geass
(I am Zero!)
(I will use you up like a ragged cloth!)
Sgt. Keroro
Macross
(Aya Endo, Galactic fairy)
Soul Eater
Patty does a Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei reference there too
"Zetsuboushita!"
__________________
Currently Watching: BLEACH, Oreimo, Anagami SS, Index II, Arakawa Under The bridge x2, Bakuman
fallenangelash is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 22:38   Link #33
BigGimp77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1234l View Post
7/10. It was enjoyable.

I agree with everyone who said that it doesn't really feel that Lucky-Star-ish. I also can't seem to find out the reason why I have that feeling.

My favourite arcs are the Volleyball arc and the MMO. Animate arc was short, but sweet.

The pet shop arc was really weird. It was confusing; maybe because it was full of references.

References I noticed:
Toilet no Hanako (maybe)
Code Geass
(I am Zero!)
(I will use you up like a ragged cloth!)
Sgt. Keroro
Macross
(Aya Endo, Galactic fairy)
Soul Eater
I think there was a Fate/Stay Night reference in the dream one. One of the costumes was Rin Tohsaka... Anyone care to confirm?

Where was the Soul Eater reference. I missed that.
BigGimp77 is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 23:03   Link #34
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 智代の部屋
Send a message via MSN to Utau
just watched the episode and.. really, it was nice seeing the 4 main cats again, plus, 4 secondaries and two bangumi's

overall the episode is great. I felt each main had their time to shine brightly this time round. Kagami and Konata was kind of 'usual' since they were the ones i always notice back in the anime, but, it's still nice. Miyuki and Tsukasa OTOH did great, I pretty much prefer Balsamic's development here simply b;coz 'I've always been following onee-chan's shadow' 'i need to give it all i got' due to Misao's motivation she shined well. The volley match was really sweet and touching, too bad she missed to spike the ball. Which i expected and imo it wouldn't be right if she had successfully hit it.. but still XD for Miyuki, i guess it was her 'reliably calm' onee-chan figure that did it for me, when they were lost she was like.. 'calm down everyone.. we'll be just fine.we'll find the camp soon.' despite her own worries she tries to her best to not say anything negative that will add uneasiness to her companions. Then when her story telling ended, her conversation with her mom made me go "aww..." she seems really happy-shy about it.

the secondary didn't do much but, they were one of the ingredients that spice this ova for me. Specially the RPG gemu, i lol'd at Nanakon for being lvl.15 after their short trip. I knew she has nothing to do during the whole vacation thing

but seriously, if you can gain that much stats in just getting to lvl.15 gaming would be much more easier XD but i guess that falls in the same category as konata's magic-ala-cinderella-Kagami.

speaking of that.. does that mean Kagami is only 12?
I seem to recall reading that.. oh that was Casper movie when Casper was told Cinderella was 12 years old, thus, the magic will wear off when the clock strikes midnight. Whereas, Casper is 10-11 years old so he only have till 10-11pm.

Oh well.. the LuckyChannel was also funny. i find it more enetertaining the actual animated LC segment.

gave it 10/10 for the fanservice moe.
__________________


Status Quo: MIA
Utau is offline  
Old 2008-10-11, 23:27   Link #35
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
I think there was a Fate/Stay Night reference in the dream one. One of the costumes was Rin Tohsaka... Anyone care to confirm?

Where was the Soul Eater reference. I missed that.
Yeah yeah, the 3rd costume is Rin Tohsaka. Maybe people claim her as the original tsundere.

It was during the Pet Shop scene when Kagami advised the Konata: "This cat isn't a witch or anything." Kagami's seiyuu also does the voice of Blair from Soul Eater, who isn't a witch. Just a really, powerful kitty.

There's also the three Haruhi references with the pose in the MMO, the return on Konata in the Yuki-Magician outfit and the return of Koi no Mikuru Densetsu on Konata's cell phone.

And there has to be some kind of reference with what Konata's singing in the first scene. According the new, EnA subs, she's singing: "No, because I am a Scorpio woman, I'll laugh heartily until I'm satisfied."
Nukerjsr is offline  
Old 2008-10-12, 01:01   Link #36
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New York City
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
She's singing a song from the 70's by Mikawa Kenichi, "Sasoriza no Onna". I couldn't tell you why, though.
Kagami~n is offline  
Old 2008-10-12, 01:55   Link #37
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
And there has to be some kind of reference with what Konata's singing in the first scene. According the new, EnA subs, she's singing: "No, because I am a Scorpio woman, I'll laugh heartily until I'm satisfied."
Kinda reminds me of 00's Graham saying about himself as a Virgo....

My friend told me that all the characters Kagami transformed into are tsundere characters (other than Miku, but she has a perfect "tsun" weapon anyway). Is that true?
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2008-10-12, 02:04   Link #38
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Kinda reminds me of 00's Graham saying about himself as a Virgo....

My friend told me that all the characters Kagami transformed into are tsundere characters (other than Miku, but she has a perfect "tsun" weapon anyway). Is that true?
Hard to tell...I can't think of too many tsundere mikos or maids. (Though I get this vibe similar to Kagami and Rei Hino from Sailor Moon)
Nukerjsr is offline  
Old 2008-10-12, 02:06   Link #39
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Kinda reminds me of 00's Graham saying about himself as a Virgo....

My friend told me that all the characters Kagami transformed into are tsundere characters (other than Miku, but she has a perfect "tsun" weapon anyway). Is that true?
She transforms into a maid, then shrine maiden, then Rin, then Miku. That's it. So only one Tsundere character out of 4.
__________________
Eczema is offline  
Old 2008-10-12, 02:33   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Tsundere maid. Tsundere miko.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.