AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-10-05, 20:26   Link #1
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

SS-Eclipse Clannad After Story 01 (s)mplayer crashes

When I watch Clannad After Story 01 (mkv version) on Ubuntu Hardy, smplayer crashes.

The same thing happens to mplayer as on smplayer. It only crashes when ASS sub is turned on and otherwise plays normally when yellow sub is on instead or no sub at all. In addition, the program only crashes at one point on the time 00:19:17 when the subtitle is:

"This is the best giftA^" (when watch with smplayer yellow sub, and ^ is above A, not next to it)
"This is the best gift[]" (when watch with MPC/CCCP)

It's not a big problem since the program only crashes on that part, but it would be nice to know how to prevent it (beside simply skipping ahead of the video). I think it has something to do with the weird letter on the sub at the end of the sentence.

Thank you in advance for any helps.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 03:02   Link #2
Miles Teg

Ubuntu Hardy probably still have an old version of mplayer. With the latest SVN version of mplayer and smplayer the episode play without problems.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 03:44   Link #3
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Somehow a broken character jumped into the script, I dunno how. It will be fixed in the upcoming 16:9 release, so I suggest to wait for that one.

Alternatively, demux the script, fix it there via text editor, and remux it all together.
Mentar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:50   Link #4
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

I went to download and install a new version of mplayer, and it did indeed stop crashing.

I also tried the demux/remux route, but after demuxing it, I kind of got stuck. Problems solved now, though, so it doesn't matter.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 01:06   Link #5
Artemis3
Yui~Nyan♡

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Ubuntu Hardy probably still have an old version of mplayer. With the latest SVN version of mplayer and smplayer the episode play without problems.
I'm using 2:1.0~rc2-0 from medibuntu and its not crashing, with the [SS-Eclipse] fansub.
Artemis3 is offline   Reply With Quote