AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-11, 01:10   Link #1
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
About the PS2 game... heavy [SPOILERS]

Spoiler for Rock Lee Spoiler:
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 01:24   Link #2
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziphra
Spoiler for Rock Lee Spoiler:
Spoiler:

In Remembrance - Founder of Sladism / Slade's Photobucket
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 01:39   Link #3
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-11, 01:41   Link #4
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
However, ANOTHER special can be accessed where Lee lands on the ground and hits the opponent ala Kage Buyou style just not Kage Buyou, but a regular kick, probably because of his super strength and what not. Anyways, as I sad before he only opened FOUR gates, the requirement I believe, for the Ura Renge. [In the show he opens five I believe, to refresh some memory.] In the game however, when he opens the Do-mon, that last gate he can open, he does ANOTHER Renge...but I can't quite make out what he says. Shinpuda? can anyone clarify?
From what I can tell, the PS2 game allows Lee to open the "6th Gate--View Gate." And of course he yells "OPEN!" Lee then performs the "True - Extreme Lotus" (when he dashed in yellow aura toward Gaara and then dashed a few more times across the screen).

After the super combo, Lee just did normal moves (Falling Leaf Sky Dance and Emerald Gust) but with six gates opened (I think; never played the game).
Old 2004-05-11, 01:45   Link #5
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

ooo six? hmm...i'll recheck the video to see if he says it or not. BRB!

EDIT: It is the sixth gate. Thanks for correcting me sarcasteak. And is you're translation right? If it is, man...kind of a dissipointing name for a really neat move, huh? Anyways, I turned up the volume super loud, and I think he says Shinpuda...but someone out there hasta know! ^_^
Old 2004-05-11, 01:48   Link #6
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
ooo six? hmm...i'll recheck the video to see if he says it or not. BRB!
Well that's based on the kanji character. After the Extreme Lotus (The Fifth Forest Gate) that we've seen in the manga/anime, Lee says:
"THE SIXTH. VIEW. GATE."
"OPEN!!"
"TRUE - EXTREME LOTUS!!"
Old 2004-05-11, 01:49   Link #7
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

ooo nice! well if thats the case then thank you very much for the translation! this thread can be closed now ^_^

not Shinpuda ziphra...ShinpURA! durr me...durr.

EDIT: anyways, does anyone want the sig I have down below? I'll just edit it to say "by Ziphra"? I accidently deleted the Photoshop file...*sigh* I was just wondering 'cause I might make one out of Rock Lee sprites for me. ^_^
Old 2004-05-11, 01:52   Link #8
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Thanks for these vids, though! The fights are kind of confusing (reminds me of Super Smash Brothers) compared to the GC version of Naruto 2...but Kakashi's 1000 Years of Pain used on Sasuke? Priceless!! And also...Harem no Jutsu (with swim suit, boo!) actually works on Sasuke?! Sakura-chan still has hope!
Old 2004-05-11, 01:53   Link #9
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

oh no problem. there used to be so much more, but GameFAQS wiped out their whole message boards when they redid the site, so the links are lost to me. The playfrance links were the only ones i could scrounge up from anywhere. And yea I've seen the GC version and I think I like its fighter better, but the PS2 has some nice animations. *sigh* console wars will never end.

EDIT: oh and thanks again for translating the kanji! practically saved me from another day of headaches haha.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:28   Link #10
sarcasteak
WAHA~

No problem 'bout the translation. I find this Lee spoiler very yummy as well. ^_^;;
The game looks VERY fun and more visually pleasing...though I can see why it's not considered as good of a "competitive" fighting game.

Is it just me or does Hinata's voice sound annoying compared to hers in the anime? (Sakura's was already annoying so no different there!)

Neji's Hakke 64 Hands doesn't look as impressive as the GC version because each wave is collectively animated...but Hakke 128 Hand?! Overkill I say!

Quote:
And is you're translation right? If it is, man...kind of a dissipointing name for a really neat move, huh? Anyways, I turned up the volume super loud, and I think he says Shinpuda...but someone out there hasta know! ^_^
Which translation are you referring to? I base all my translations on the kanji so they should be pretty accurate. He said "Shin - Ura Renge" during the 6th Gate if that's what you are talking about. "Shin" basically means "true" or "real" and is used a lot in fighting moves to describe an even stronger version of the original move, so I naturally translated it as "True - Extreme Lotus."

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-05-11 at 02:47.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 04:29   Link #11
omishi

hmm is there a video for the naruto special where the 4th come in and dice your enermy up? i would love to see that.
omishi is offline   Reply With Quote