AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2008-10-14, 20:32   Link #9941
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Crossroads

Spoiler for part 15:

Spoiler for tactical plan #1 or decision 15:

Spoiler for Zwei´s Corner:

A question, if NanoFate wasnt possible (mind you is a hypothetical question) which pairing would you like to see. Also in the new blog, link on the sig, are the links to the other parts if you missed one.

TSS, i want SA
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:36   Link #9942
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Crossroads

Spoiler for part 15:

A question, if NanoFate wasnt possible (mind you is a hypothetical question) which pairing would you like to see. Also in the new blog, link on the sig, are the links to the other parts if you missed one.

TSS, i want SA
Nanoha/Alicia your fic's already causing me to lean that way (*sigh* looks like I'll have to give up on my Zaffoha fantasy)

A For face time

And YES YOUR HIGHNESS. I'll get right on that now :3
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:39   Link #9943
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
(*sigh* looks like I'll have to give up on my Zaffoha fantasy)

... I wanna see a Zaffoha...

*shot*
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:01   Link #9944
Laith
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

*shot*
You, TSS and me...

*slips away to write Zaffoha... that or read*
Old 2008-10-14, 21:04   Link #9945
BPHaru

Voting C
Go for Lord-Fate!

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:28   Link #9946
OrderNorChaos

Quote:
Crossroads

Spoiler for part 15:

TSS, i want SA
Well, I will want B.
OrderNorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:41   Link #9947
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Previously on SA

Secret Ambition
Scene 14
Spoiler for Scene 14:

Short part this time sorry for the delay I was distracted by RebelS
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:44   Link #9948
Laith
*Author

The truth will free you Yuuno... also will get you more lifetime as a side effect.

Honest people are liArs too in a way though...
Old 2008-10-14, 21:51   Link #9949
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Previously on SA

Secret Ambition
Scene 14
Spoiler for Scene 14:

D. For the bad end. Just kidding. OoC Yuuno sounds interesting. We hardly see him lie anyway... *shrugs*
Old 2008-10-14, 21:55   Link #9950
OrderNorChaos

Quote:
Previously on SA

Secret Ambition
Scene 14
Spoiler for Scene 14:

A!! Speak nothing but the truth !!
OrderNorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:59   Link #9951
Knight of L-sama
Family Pet

Send a message via MSN to Knight of L-sama
*Does happy insane non-sarcastic clapping for Satashi-the-Typing-Explanator*

Woooooot... lots of long winded discussions I soooooo passed over. No offense to those who contributed or anything, just not enough to keep my attention *holding out for a certain few few fics, a large percentage of which is currently stored in the brain of one author whose screenname starts with A*

In the meantime... Wheee, FF.net is catching up to the AS version of Quack!Fate (disregarding that they're identical) so must go on~~~

Last time on Quack!Fate (pt 6)...

...OMG SNAP! O.O I just hit upon the next twist... Nyahahahaha....

P.S. the difference in age I based this on was from the idea that the preserved Alicia looked not more than 4 years younger than Fate, therefore, if Fate was a direct clone, she would only be 4 chronological years old. So in this story, she starts out at 4 years old to Nanoha's and Fate's 9. Thus the chibiness... So 20-yr-old StrikerS Nanoha = 15year-old HS Fate.

... or you know, just continue on as you have been.
Spoiler for Pt. 7- Teaser:

I actually didn't mean to stop there but I have a quiz and a midterm tomorrow and I got distracted and now I need sleeep.
Old 2008-10-14, 23:14   Link #9952
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

After a bout of REAL LIFE, I'm Back
For a bit anyways

Quote:
WHOO!

... *cough*

Anyway, here's one of them, however I only have the bare bones of it and some outlines of character relationships. This one is set post A's after Nanoha is injured, but with a different ending. Basically, in my version she still recovers but her body is so fragile from the trauma and the bloodloss that she can never fly again and she can never use magic; or she can, but it won't take much to push her over the edge and cause her body to collapse again, and if she fails a second time there's no sure bet they can save her.

Nanoha then expresses an interest (or an urge) to try and learn swordfighting like Kyouya and Miyuki, but again, her body is too fragile for it as swordfighting is mainly hand-to-hand combat and... well, yeah, she can't handle a lot of hits. In an attempt to help their daughter the Takamachi family send her to England where she is taken in by two childhood friends of Miyuki and Kyouya, Fiasse Crystera and Elise McGaren. Nanoha herself is taken in by Elise and trained in gun fighting, and the two live on as Fiasse's bodyguards.

Fast foward six years later (like A's). Nanoha is fifteen and quite happy, especially that Fiasse, despite dangerous conditions forcing her to do so, has hired Kyouya and Miyuki to help guard her as she is being attacked by an unseen enemy. However, this enemy has also attracted the attention of the Administration, and Nanoha never told anyone where she was going... thus setting her on a crash course with friends she hasn't seen in six years.

I'm aware of some plotholes and trying to figure them out right now. Also, yes, Fiasse is from the Triangle Heart game; Elise is a character from the OVA. I tweaked their backgrounds and whatnot a bit for the story, but here's what I have for them:

Elise: A serious, quiet woman the same age as Kyouya and Fiasse's bodyguard. She took Nanoha in and has been watching over her ever since. Despite her serious personality and strict rules she is in fact very loving to Nanoha and views her as a younger sister; when Nanoha was younger they used to go on motorcyle rides together to mimic the feeling of flying, though now Nanoha is old enough to do it herself. Elise is extremely protective of her friends and holds a special contempt for the Administration and magic in general; it is later revealed that as a child she was used in an experiment to create an "artifical mage" before the events of Project Fate. However, the idea backfired when Elise couldn't handle the overload of magic in her body and went beserk, attacking anything that moved and killing several people in the process. To this day she still harbors the magic in her body, though she keeps it severely under check. (This is a 'magical' spin on her original past in Triangle Heart, where she was responsible for the death of Nanoha's father)

Fiasse: A kind young woman who is only a few years older than Kyouya and principal of Crystera Music School in her mother's stead; however, she in in truth a mage and one of the last in an ancient line to use songs and chants to activate her attacks. Her device, Sweet Song, bears the form of a cross that she wears around her neck (I haven't figured out its final form yet, nor whether it's male or female; I know it calls her 'ma'am' and that's about it). Her attacks are mainly wind-based and vary in strength depending on how long the activation song/chant is; the longer the song, the more powerful and complex the attack. She has many of the shorter songs memorized, while the longer songs flow through her head naturally when she needs them most. It is speculated that this mystery person is targeting her because of the "forgotten song" of her kind; a song said to be capable of bringing back the dead and reversing time itself.

And that's it for the first one. Thoughts? Comments? Critiques?
Can't wait and welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
I'm also one that writes many AU stories. Hell, check my FF.net account (of the same name) or my OC stuff (link is in my sig) and you'll see the craziness.

Edit: Gwargh you ninja posted me.

Nanoha with guns as opposed to beamspam sounds rather scary. Befriending suddenly became a lot more dangerous >_>
Quote:
That's one of the reasons I REALLY want to write it. Seriously. Just the image of Nanoha with a gun is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
I'm not sure where this came from, but I like it. A short on Vivio's first night sleeping alone in Nanoha and Fate's house.

Spoiler for Sleep:

Cute!!
Hmm....wait a tic I was told monster only live in the basement

Quote:
Thank you all. ^__^

Yeah, I knew pretty early on that the biggest problem with Nanoha handling a gun was that she'd also have to be prepared to use it to kill someone, unlike her magic. But my main idea was that using guns generally focuses on long-range attacks (since again, in this AU Nanoha's body is very fragile and can't handle much close combat). I know there are cases where a person loses their gun and is forced to fight, but in general they try to avoid it, and I figured it was a weapon that best fit Nanoha's state of body.

Still haven't figured out how everyone's gonna react when they see her, though.
Nanoha (Vash) the Stampede

Quote:
Crossroads

Spoiler for part 15:

TSS, i want SA
A please

Quote:
Nanoha/Alicia your fic's already causing me to lean that way (*sigh* looks like I'll have to give up on my Zaffoha fantasy)

A For face time

And YES YOUR HIGHNESS. I'll get right on that now :3
Quote:

*shot*
Quote:
You, TSS and me...

I 4th that vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of L-sama View Post
*Does happy insane non-sarcastic clapping for Satashi-the-Typing-Explanator*

Woooooot... lots of long winded discussions I soooooo passed over. No offense to those who contributed or anything, just not enough to keep my attention *holding out for a certain few few fics, a large percentage of which is currently stored in the brain of one author whose screenname starts with A*

In the meantime... Wheee, FF.net is catching up to the AS version of Quack!Fate (disregarding that they're identical) so must go on~~~

Last time on Quack!Fate (pt 6)...

...OMG SNAP! O.O I just hit upon the next twist... Nyahahahaha....

P.S. the difference in age I based this on was from the idea that the preserved Alicia looked not more than 4 years younger than Fate, therefore, if Fate was a direct clone, she would only be 4 chronological years old. So in this story, she starts out at 4 years old to Nanoha's and Fate's 9. Thus the chibiness... So 20-yr-old StrikerS Nanoha = 15year-old HS Fate.

I actually didn't mean to stop there but I have a quiz and a midterm tomorrow and I got distracted and now I need sleeep.
Hurry Back and Finish!!!!
Old 2008-10-14, 23:37   Link #9953
Laith
*Author

Quote:
(*sigh* looks like I'll have to give up on my Zaffoha fantasy)
Quote:

*shot*
Quote:
You, TSS and me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph42 View Post
I 4th that vote
<.<

>.>

Spoiler for The Wolf and the Girl pt1:
Old 2008-10-14, 23:47   Link #9954
Jimmy C

Quote:
but is there a limit to how many familiars a mage can successfully create and maintain?
Although you've gotten some answers by now, search for "familiar" in the OC, Magic tech, and general discussion threads might shed some more light on this for you.

Quote:
I know Gil Graham had the twins and technically the knights are all Hayate's familiars
For the first, Graham himself is using virtually no magic anymore, so he can afford to give it all to his familiars. Hayate's knights on the other hand are self-sustaining, she can give them power on an emergency basis, but they can survive on their own. By the way, the Book's gone already.

Quote:
Thanks. I figured someone like Precia would be able to sustain a large number of familiars and still be a formidable opponent, but I wasn't totally sure.
Personally, I doubt it's that easy. If it was, then every high-ranking mage should be able to afford a familiar as a bodyguard, but nobody bothers.
I think you'd need to have an SS mage to make 3 over-A familiars and still have enough leftover to be an over-A herself. But look at the hit she takes in her own capabilities to sustain those familiars, what could possibly be so important that it needs 3 familiars and couldn't be done by 1 or 2 plus hired help?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 23:51   Link #9955
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Quote:
<.<

>.>

For a second there I thought it was going to be a parody of Red Riding Hood
More please
Old 2008-10-14, 23:59   Link #9956
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, lots of requesting for Hayate and Fate in a relationship, so here's something I did for everyone.

WARNING: This is Fate x Hayate! Don't read if you don't like it!

Spoiler for Hayate x Fate:
Glad to see your back. Lol, I love Nanoha's little awkward talk with Fate.

Quote:
Crossroads

Spoiler for part 15:

TSS, i want SA
Because I like Reinforce. I'm not sure what pairing...FatexYuuno!

Quote:
You, TSS and me...

You would be surprised how many people like unconventional pairings...like me. I'm seriously up for anything. HayatexJail!
Quote:
Previously on SA

Secret Ambition
Scene 14
Spoiler for Scene 14:

Well it would be funny to see how well Yuuno lies... I'm going to go with A
Quote:

That confused me but it made sense at the same time. @.@
Quote:

Lol, I love the lying part. I wonder what Hayate and Fate are going to do. Good luck with your midterm.

Quote:
<.<

>.>

Oh yesh! The beginning kind of reminded me of little red riding hood as well.

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 00:10   Link #9957
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Crossroads

Spoiler for part 15:

A, is a fine choice. http://www.example.com

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 00:43   Link #9958
Hiria
ArisaxSuzuka Fan! ^^

Send a message via Yahoo to Hiria Send a message via Skype™ to Hiria
Quote:
Well, lots of requesting for Hayate and Fate in a relationship, so here's something I did for everyone.

WARNING: This is Fate x Hayate! Don't read if you don't like it!

Spoiler for Hayate x Fate:
awwww... its nice to see a hayatexfate fic every now and then.

Quote:
Crossroads

Spoiler for part 15:

TSS, i want SA
A fro princess and nanoha. ^^
Old 2008-10-15, 02:22   Link #9959
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Crossroads

Spoiler for part 15:

TSS, i want SA
A

Quote:
Previously on SA

Secret Ambition
Scene 14
Spoiler for Scene 14:

A

Quote:
Yeah, heared that before

Old 2008-10-15, 02:40   Link #9960
Advent000

Quote:
Crossroads

Spoiler for part 15:

TSS, i want SA
B If it wasn't possible then, Subaru and Teana.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha