AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-09-26, 07:01   Link #201
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

animate it first with after effects.. export as straight rgba.. overlay the exported video..
(afaik there is no way to overlay an image.. and make the overlay move in avisynth)
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 10:03   Link #202
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

you can probably use overlay() and animate() the x and y parameters but it's going to be a pain in the butt, I wouldn't recommend it
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 16:09   Link #203
jeymss

hi everyone, i have a troble about raw files... Let me explain.
i have a raw file with a resolution of 720*480 from dvd source, but i guess its aspect ratio isn't 16:9 and has a bad image.
i searched about it and and found that
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...89#post1111789

i suppose the answer i've been looking for is ZoomBox

it's said: "Convert a square pixel source to anamorphic (16/9) DVD"
Code:
Width=720
Height=480

ColorBars()
ZoomBox(Width, Height, TargetDAR=16.0/9.0)
but i don't know how to use it, i just used .dll plugins so far
jeymss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 09:52   Link #204
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Don't do it at the encode level - do it at the container level. Modern containers like mkv supports setting the pixel aspect ratio when you mux the video. So encode the video ay 720x480, then use that PAR option when you mux.

I'm not very familiar with mkv muxing, but for mp4 muxing using mp4box, it's like
Code:
MP4Box.exe -add Video1.264:fps=23.976:par=32:27 -add Audio1.m4a:lang=jpn Output.mp4
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 15:02   Link #205
Kageri

I use the overlay function from the first post in this thread for my kara but its shifted (it starts 20 frames to early - it was vor another version of the OP)
and "insertsign(last, sign1, x, x)" doesnt take negative values. Trim always works for the whole video and if I attach it with dot to the clip or after insertsign.... it does nothing.

I also tried to cut the kara clip with vdubmod and saved it with direct stream copy, but after this the script gives me an error (errorcode: 2) if I try to save and refresh.

How can I solve this?
thanks in advice
Kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 15:32   Link #206
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

insertsign(last, sign1.trim(x,y), x, x)
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 15:42   Link #207
Kageri

thanks, for the correct syntax - now it works ^^
Kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 05:13   Link #208
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
I'm having a rather odd error. I got given an absolutely horrid raw, full of strange framerates (see Nicholi's second impossible raw in the VFR thread- it's practically the same thing)

I've got to trim part of the audio as well, as the first 300 frames need to go, so I'm using audiodub to load that from the wav I extracted. The problem is that when opening it in whatever program I choose, it returns and avisynth read error. I cleared out my plugins folder to prevent auto loading and it still failed. I even removed the ffmpegsource filter and tried opening it and it gave the read error, did not complain about the missing filter at all.

Here's my script, any help or thoughts are appreciated: http://pastebin.ca/1229240

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:20   Link #209
guest0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emess View Post
Whoa! I didn't know you could use several thousand trims in one script. I don't even get a message when I try to load that, the GUIs shut themselves down right away without any further comment

Last edited by guest0815; 2008-10-17 at 13:05.
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:32   Link #210
martino
makes no files now

Just a wild blind guess... could it be AssumeFPS(24000/1001) -> AssumeFPS(24000,1001). Can't check right now since I'm not at home... however how the heck did you get so many trims? That's bound to fail when trying to render it... :/
Old 2008-10-17, 08:23   Link #211
Nagato
幻想郷

What? He trims and splices every single frame , better reanimate it yourself.
It's decimate or timecodes-collector job.

And are you sure this is in the script?
Code:
v = ffmpegsource("raw.mp4")
a = wavsource("audio.wav")
audiodub(v,a)
I'm not sure if it's correct without specifying the file location; never tried that.
Old 2008-10-17, 08:59   Link #212
martino
makes no files now

It should work; relative paths.
Old 2008-10-17, 16:27   Link #213
Nicholi
King of Hosers

It looks like he/she might have been krayzie enough to use TheFluff's perl script @_@. Which I'm fairly certain wasn't really meant to be for actual use, just something he was toying around with . As you found AviSynth simply can't load that many commands at once...if you really want to use that script you'd need to break the Trims up into multiple scripts.

However are you sure you should even be using that perl script? What are the timecodes for the source file itself? If it really is fucked like the example I gave, my suggestion...find a better raw. Do not let someone provide a raw for you. Who better than the encoder to choose what they are going to work with, and the quality of the audio/video in the raw?
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 06:59   Link #214
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
I did not use TheFluff's script actually. What I did was write a shell script to take each block of timecodes and create a trim function for them to even out the framerate without it going all jumpy like using DirectShowSource+ConvertFPS would have done. It looks like my shell-fu is a bit fail and went and split it up for every single frame, I should probably have checked that more closely. You're probably right about too many functions though. Here's the timecodes file for you: http://pastebin.ca/1230173, the first 297 frames are the animax logo so they have a static rate. I'm trying to find a better raw but its proving difficult, I have no transport stream for it and the only raws I can find are at a much smaller res than what I'm working with. It looks like I will just have to wait for the DVD's.

@martino: I've never had any problem with the various FPS adjusting functions and doing a/b in them, I guess your way works too, but it wouldn't explain the error I got, which was most likely from too many trims.

@nagato: if the avs script is in the same directory as the files, then you can do it without the complete path and just go relative. I have absolutely no idea what timecodes-collector is though, could you explain? I'll probably need it or something else if I can't get a different raw >.<

E~

Last edited by Emess; 2008-10-18 at 08:00.
Old 2008-10-18, 13:18   Link #215
Nagato
幻想郷

Quote:
@nagato: if the avs script is in the same directory as the files, then you can do it without the complete path and just go relative. I have absolutely no idea what timecodes-collector is though, could you explain? I'll probably need it or something else if I can't get a different raw >.<

E~
Sorry for the misleading name. I meant the tool for handling/making vfr vid like Decomb521VFR, dss(convertfps), avi2tc, etc. Seriously, I thought you did it manually
Old 2008-10-18, 19:04   Link #216
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Quote:
I did not use TheFluff's script actually. What I did was write a shell script to take each block of timecodes and create a trim function for them to even out the framerate without it going all jumpy like using DirectShowSource+ConvertFPS would have done. It looks like my shell-fu is a bit fail and went and split it up for every single frame, I should probably have checked that more closely. You're probably right about too many functions though.
Ahh that's basically what his perl script did, resulted in far too many Trim's . So yeah... this is just another krayzie MP4 file, unless all those sections in the video really are 30fps? The one I had was just a perfect example that jpn cappers that had no clue what IVTC is, it only decimated "full motion" sections so it had tons of 24/30 fps zones. The 20fps ones would round off with an equal number of 30fps frames (1/20 = 0.05s and 1/30 = 0.033s. Add them together and get 0.083s (0.041s * 2), two 24fps frames. They can be ignored for the most part.

Since you are at least knowledgeable in the ways of the shell, you could modify your script slightly in order to make this a bit more workable. Instead of trimming out the odd frames you could instead Trim them together (as it would do in a v2->v1 conversion) and run AssumeFPS(theirfps).ConvertFPS(targetfps). The only problem would occur in the 1 frame sections, which I am not sure if ConvertFPS will properly handle them by themselves. However you could just have your script combine it with 1 frame from the nearest group of its complement framerate to make something else, which is either 24fps or will convert to just fine. Like one 20fps frame with one 30fps frame automatically make two 24fps frames, no work needed. Also one 15fps frame and one 30fps frame make three 30fps frames. That way your shell script would spit something out like

Code:
AssumeFPS(23.976)

main = last
main.Trim(0,236).AssumeFPS(29.970).ConvertFPS(23.976) + main.Trim(298,300) + main.Trim(301,306).AssumeFPS(29.970).ConvertFPS(23.976) + main.Trim(307,370) + main.Trim(371,372).AssumeFPS(29.970).ConvertFPS(23.976) + ...
Hopefully it won't result in too many statements for AviSynth then...but it still might . Only other real solutions for getting this to CFR is DSS("blah.mp4",fps=23.976,convertfps=true). Otherwise as I said before, find a better raw .

And for every idiot that keeps mentioning DecombVFR...thats for making VFR content. In other words taking CFR, something like DVD input, and getting out VFR (vfrac and a timecodes file). Not going from VFR to CFR.
Old 2008-10-18, 19:26   Link #217
Nagato
幻想郷

Yes agree that's for MAKING vfr content.
Old 2008-10-19, 07:20   Link #218
Emess
Slower Than You

Thanks for that Nicholi, it was still too many functions for avs to handle though. I ended up trawling PD and after grabbing another 14GB of unity I found a usable raw, nice and cfr. It had nicer picture quality as well which was a plus

E~
Old 2008-10-19, 18:43   Link #219
Nicholi
King of Hosers

It's always better to pick a raw from a capper that at least has a semblance of an idea of what they are doing, in my opinion . God knows what else an idiot who can't even IVTC will do to his encode.

And of course once you find your new favorite capper, you stick to him like white on rice!
Old 2008-10-19, 18:49   Link #220
D404
Banned

Not if that capper is actually a group of ppl. :P
D404 is offline   Reply With Quote