AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-16, 21:49   Link #401
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
ink should not fade so quickly by the way...
Depends on the ink really. If it was a water based pen, which the vast majority are these days, then yes it could fade that fast.

Given that the water would of saturated the paper quickly it would cause the ink to bleed and smudge, which would break it's shape, and thus stop them being charms.

But meh. I always wonder why people pick up on the little things like this. In a series with magic and esp a little thing like ink fading quickly dosen't really seem all that important to me. I mean if it was the likes of Maria-sama, or some other RL styled anime, fair enough. But in a series like this one, why worry over it.

On a different note, EEEEWWW that teachers room was gross. Hell i thought it was bad enough with a loli teacher, but that room *shudders* i thought i was a sloppy person. I bet if you lifted her bed you'd find 6month old food >.<
__________________
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 21:53   Link #402
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
But meh. I always wonder why people pick up on the little things like this. In a series with magic and esp a little thing like ink fading quickly dosen't really seem all that important to me. I mean if it was the likes of Maria-sama, or some other RL styled anime, fair enough. But in a series like this one, why worry over it.
Iya, it's not really that small of a thing, especially when they have a whole scene where the ink dissolves. And it's pretty important, because the whole resolution to the fight involves the ink dissolving.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-10-17 at 22:01. Reason: Removed what anime viewers do not know (spoiler)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:44   Link #403
loltan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Depends on the ink really. If it was a water based pen, which the vast majority are these days, then yes it could fade that fast.

Given that the water would of saturated the paper quickly it would cause the ink to bleed and smudge, which would break it's shape, and thus stop them being charms.

But meh. I always wonder why people pick up on the little things like this. In a series with magic and esp a little thing like ink fading quickly dosen't really seem all that important to me. I mean if it was the likes of Maria-sama, or some other RL styled anime, fair enough. But in a series like this one, why worry over it.

On a different note, EEEEWWW that teachers room was gross. Hell i thought it was bad enough with a loli teacher, but that room *shudders* i thought i was a sloppy person. I bet if you lifted her bed you'd find 6month old food >.<
The avarage pen, say a BiC, would only bleed off the sides to a very very small extent, but the writing would still be legible. The runes should still work unless the distinctive shapes are completely destroyed.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 12:59   Link #404
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Let's just say that the water distorted the shapes enough to break the effect and leave it at that.

What are the sources for the songs the characters are singing in the nicovideo links? I recognize the Touma-bridge one (Tales of the Abyss OP), but what about the Index and Firestarter videos?
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:42   Link #405
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
The avarage pen, say a BiC, would only bleed off the sides to a very very small extent, but the writing would still be legible. The runes should still work unless the distinctive shapes are completely destroyed.
Actually, it depends on the ink and the paper assuming plain water was coming out the sprinklers. Try the experiment with a receipt from the gas station . If you wet it enough, the ink runs and parts of it disappears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Let's just say that the water distorted the shapes enough to break the effect and leave it at that.
I agree. This nitpicking will go nowhere.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:43   Link #406
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
SUPER EXPLANATION EPISODE!
...*yawn*
Geez... Not only are these ultra long explanations dull because they touch on subjects most viewers don't understand or care about, but I already know all of this...
Science side>>>Magic side, indeed

Spoiler for ep3:



Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
What are the sources for the songs the characters are singing in the nicovideo links? I recognize the Touma-bridge one (Tales of the Abyss OP), but what about the Index and Firestarter videos?
Other Tales games
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 14:01   Link #407
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Heh... well, those familiar with the storyline will have sighed at ep3, because what they really wanted was ep4 ^_^; - at least I did. I had hoped that they would push the episode break a little later....

Or one could use positive consultantspeak and point out that this episode proves that Index is no "monster of the week" show, but that it rather has an ongoing storyline. Nevertheless, that was LOTS of talk.

The preview really made me smile though, this is looking VERY tasty. I also have no idea what Mikoto/Kuroko are doing there, but that's nothing to complain about, just the opposite ^_^
Mentar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 15:14   Link #408
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
Boring episode was boring
Next episode: Anti-gravity Breasts and swordfights
__________________
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 17:11   Link #409
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Heh... well, those familiar with the storyline will have sighed at ep3, because what they really wanted was ep4 ^_^; - at least I did. I had hoped that they would push the episode break a little later....
I'm taking that to mean
Spoiler for next ep storyline:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 19:21   Link #410
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Made a page for the series on the TVTropes wiki, if anyone cares to add anything.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 05:03   Link #411
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 智代の部屋
Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.3:



EDIT:

forgot to say something, that sure was a lot for one drop of blood



as for the preview; say what?!
__________________


Status Quo: MIA

Last edited by Utau; 2008-10-19 at 06:31.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 06:49   Link #412
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
This looks to be a truly great series. It's got some fanservice, some comedy, some potential romance, and all in a way that meshes smoothly with the entire story. I think I'm going to like this.
Concerning the teacher, I couldn't help but ask myself could this girl somehow be related to Kogami Akira? There's something strikingly familiar...
In the first episode, one thing I couldn't help but think: Index is an idiot! No matter how much you doubt someone's power, you don't incite him into a test in which, if he succeeds, the level of his power would be directly proportional to the level of your resulting nudity.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 08:40   Link #413
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
The plot exposition certainly could have been done better, but considering such a story with a rich background, they probably thought it better to get it over and done it sooner rather than later.

Index compensates for that partly by once again showing her moe potential.
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:40   Link #414
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
I've been waiting months to see Kanzaki in action, so i'm glad to see the wait shall end next week. Just seeing her in this episode made me smile quite a bit --- she's as awesome as i knew she would be.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 14:15   Link #415
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
...Index compensates for that partly by once again showing her moe potential.
Iguchi Yuka is also showing her moe potential, as her seiyuu. With the addition of the amazing teacher character (played by Koyama Kimiko, who was Fuuka in Negima!? and Sora in Doujin Work), the moe meter was off the scale....almost to the level of caricature.

The few words we got from Kanzaki were pretty riveting, too. Props to Itou Shizuka.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 16:40   Link #416
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 28
ep4 's going to Rock; Kanzaki looks like she means business and Touma has lost the element pf suprise.
Also learn that he's delinquent who likes to fight, interesting.
__________________
"Politics always takes vengeance on those who belittle it."
Julian Minci, Legend of the galactic heroes .
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 16:55   Link #417
loltan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
^
Well, it is Shizuak Itou, so you can't expect it to be a piece of crap. The cast is pretty good, and I'm quite liking Yuka Iguchi considering that the only previous exposure that I had of her was in Maid Guy, which imo was quite disgusting.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 17:04   Link #418
flou
That's no lady
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 24
Just curious, but what are the ages of the cast? I know Stiyle's age, but as for the rest...
__________________
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 17:10   Link #419
loltan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Just curious, but what are the ages of the cast? I know Stiyle's age, but as for the rest...
Biribiri is in her first year of middle school I think, so 7th grade.

Touma's somewhere in high school...

Komoe... I dunno... She could be a real loli in disguise... or a robot...
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 17:40   Link #420
pparker
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
The plot exposition certainly could have been done better, but considering such a story with a rich background, they probably thought it better to get it over and done it sooner rather than later.
Entirely agree with getting the exposition out of the way, and was still pretty organic. Also,
Spoiler for episode 3:


This series continues to remind me of Shana in the way it is progressing and in the detail of the story's universe.

Last edited by pparker; 2008-10-19 at 17:41. Reason: add spoiler tags
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, magic, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.