AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-12, 01:46   Link #1
Wuming
Nameless Hero

The correct romanization is "Might Guy"...

(a repost of something I also put up over at the ANBU board, trying to get the word out since weird romanization of Japanese is one of my minor irks ^_^

"...per the Jump Comics Naruto Official Animation Book, pg. 147. In big red katakana at the top of the page there's "Ma-i-to-ga-i" and below it "Might Guy" is printed in English in grey capital letters.

Also, his Ninja serial no.? ('ninja touroku bankou') is 010252, he's 184cm tall, weighs 76kg, is 26 years old and was born on New Year's day, and has a blood type of B.

The rest of the book (total 230 pages) has enough kanji to drive me insane faster than Cthulhu if I ever attempt to translate it, but I was able to make out this much from a short bio section on the secondary characters (i.e. the Genin teams other than Naruto's, the Jounin leaders and examiners, Orochimaru) involved in the beginning of the Chuunin Exam. Original publication date, according to the back of the book, is December 9th of last year, and the book covers the second part of the Chuunin Exam up to before the preliminary fights. So, if you guys want me to see if I can't find anything out from what would be in there, go ahead and ask here. "

Also, in case you didn't notice, this is my first post, so I'm looking forward to discussing the anime with everyone. Thanks to the animesuki.com staff for working to increase the availability of fansubs to everyone; if it weren't for this site, I wouldn't be watching Naruto now. Later, all.
Wuming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 01:52   Link #2
Savor
Daflavor

Send a message via ICQ to Savor Send a message via AIM to Savor Send a message via MSN to Savor Send a message via Yahoo to Savor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuming
Also, in case you didn't notice, this is my first post, so I'm looking forward to discussing the anime with everyone. Thanks to the animesuki.com staff for working to increase the availability of fansubs to everyone; if it weren't for this site, I wouldn't be watching Naruto now. Later, all.
Nice to meet you, Wuming! Glad to have you around!
Old 2004-05-12, 02:07   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
...per the Jump Comics Naruto Official Animation Book, pg. 147.
Oh wow, I didn't know there is another data book! How different is this compared to the "Characters' Official Data Book?"

Quote:
In big red katakana at the top of the page there's "Ma-i-to-ga-i" and below it "Might Guy" is printed in English in grey capital letters.
Mighty Guy...what an "interesting" name...haha...
But umm, are you suggesting we should refer to him as "Mighty Guy" from now on...? ^_^;;

Quote:
Also, his Ninja serial no.? ('ninja touroku bankou') is 010252, he's 184cm tall, weighs 76kg, is 26 years old and was born on New Year's day, and has a blood type of B.
These are the rest of the Gai information on the Data Book...I really don't understand the last one; what does the Animation book say?
Personality: Hot-blooded, tearful
Like food: Very spicy curry rice, curry udon (OMG YUMMY Gai you rock!)
Dislike food: Nothing like that!
Specialized technique: All taijutsu
Favorite phrases: Work hard! Young man!
Interests: Repeated horizontal-flight (???), baseball

Quote:
Also, in case you didn't notice, this is my first post, so I'm looking forward to discussing the anime with everyone.
Ah, welcome...be sure to read the rules and CoC so you'll know how to avoid manga-spoiler landmines.