AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-23, 07:22   Link #121
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Just curious has anyone thought to write a Gundam 00 fanfiction where Setsuna doesn't belong to the Celetisal Being but instead goes to fight or work under someone else?
I've been considering a one-off drabble in which Setsuna is Ali's loyal (surviving) lackey, with a different end to the Kurdish conflict driving Ali into exile, but that will be awhile if ever.

I just posted a new fic on FFN, a compilation of the reformed!Neena idea with a new update. The story isn't showing yet, but I'll link when it does.

Edit: Link to the new story.

Last edited by Dean_the_Young; 2008-10-23 at 08:28.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 09:35   Link #122
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Setsuna/Feldt people.

You know it!! THAT IS THE BEST COMBINATION EVA!!

Or Tieria/Setsuna. I still can't figure out whether Tieria is a guy or girl. Did they confirm whether he/she is a guy or girl, already?
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 10:17   Link #123
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Setsuna/Feldt people.

You know it!! THAT IS THE BEST COMBINATION EVA!!

Or Tieria/Setsuna. I still can't figure out whether Tieria is a guy or girl. Did they confirm whether he/she is a guy or girl, already?
A guy, but one who's gay for Lockon. Then again, half of the Ptolemy would be gay for Lockon if half of them weren't women.

As for Setsuna? Please, be a bit more imaginative.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 11:56   Link #124
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Setsuna/Feldt people.
Then you'll be happy to know that I did a fic in fanfiction.net called Welcome Home.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 13:46   Link #125
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
I've been considering a one-off drabble in which Setsuna is Ali's loyal (surviving) lackey, with a different end to the Kurdish conflict driving Ali into exile, but that will be awhile if ever.

I just posted a new fic on FFN, a compilation of the reformed!Neena idea with a new update. The story isn't showing yet, but I'll link when it does.

Edit: Link to the new story.
Oh so you are the writer for that story. It's looking good so far, I especially like Marina's interaction with Nena. I always like to see a character beliefs challenged and I was quite curious to see if Nena would be someone who would be resolute. The only thing that strikes me as odd is that someone else would actually buy into Setsuna's Gundam fanatic behavior.

As for the drabble with Setsuna and Ali....I guess its reasonable but this only raises questions about Ali. For example why did he stop the KPSA'S activities, ect.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 15:05   Link #126
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Oh so you are the writer for that story. It's looking good so far, I especially like Marina's interaction with Nena. I always like to see a character beliefs challenged and I was quite curious to see if Nena would be someone who would be resolute. The only thing that strikes me as odd is that someone else would actually buy into Setsuna's Gundam fanatic behavior.
That's the big idea behind the first installment. Like Setsuna, Neena gets a world-shattering disaster befall her and those close to her, and then Gundam comes in and saves the day. She gets the equivalent of an emotional bright slap with the death of her brothers and being confronted by her own errors, and she wants to be better so that it won't happen again. Hence, like Setsuna, she wants to emulate the ideal of Gundam.

Granted, I took some liberties, such even making her acceptable to sudden maturity in the first place, but the end idea is that Neena knows she screwed up in a way that may have resulted in the loss of her brothers' lives, she regrets her own impulsive actions (Saji being the living consequence of her deeds), and she wants to be a better person, like Setsuna, who is trying to be Gundam.

Or, shorter, Neena wants to be like Setsuna, and so wants to be Gundam by proxy.


Quote:
As for the drabble with Setsuna and Ali....I guess its reasonable but this only raises questions about Ali. For example why did he stop the KPSA'S activities, ect.
Oh, that's simple. Because he killed them all, probably because he was paid to.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 15:47   Link #127
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Move and take it

Made it as a prequel to my other fic, Attack Wave.

Next up:

A decent Setsuna/Christina

A Setsuna/Sumeragi from here

A dark Saji/Kinue. Not sure on how to work this out.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 15:57   Link #128
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
A dark Saji/Kinue. Not sure on how to work this out.
Remember kids, just because you love your family doesn't mean you have to love your family. Stay out of the shallow end of the gene pool, please.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 16:04   Link #129
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Dammit! That's one way!!!

Now I don't know how to look at it for a dark, grim atmosphere!

To be honest, I'm not sure on whether I should do that or something else...
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2008-10-23 at 16:19.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 16:59   Link #130
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Dammit! That's one way!!!

Now I don't know how to look at it for a dark, grim atmosphere!

To be honest, I'm not sure on whether I should do that or something else...
Dark, grim atmosphere is plenty easy in a family tragedy fic, considering the series handed it to you on a silver platter.

But if you want a change, why not reverse it? Saji dies due to Celestial Being, and Kinue is the one left grieving? It could be back at the League Tower, or because of the terrorist attacks, or you could spin your own reason. Did Setsuna get exposed, and Saji become a bystander? Perhaps instead of attacking a wedding in Spain, Neena Trinity attacks a small school gathering in the Japanese country side, where one boy is admitting his intended proposal?

You can do it, it still stay perfectly platonic.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 17:05   Link #131
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I'll take care of the above two first since they're easier to do.

Any ideas (I hope) will come to mind soon for some more brainstorming.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:24   Link #132
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post

Oh, that's simple. Because he killed them all, probably because he was paid to.
Is it said that he was working as a merc back then? I doubt he is the type to simply off his men and I doubt all of the KPSA were children.

Anyway, just because I am curious, why would you have to stay platonic when writing a Saji/Kinue?
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:38   Link #133
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Is it said that he was working as a merc back then?
Yes, it was.

Quote:
Anyway, just because I am curious, why would you have to stay platonic when writing a Saji/Kinue?
Because they are siblings, and therefore romance would be incest?

Do you need a reason beyond that? I could explain how inbreeding is a proven cause of genetic disorders and defects from hemophelia to clubbed foots and other birth defects.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:47   Link #134
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Reminds me on how some people were doing Sango/Kohaku and recently, Light/Sayu with a big fanbase...

Almost forgot that I'm doing a fic on Setsuna/Marina, mostly after episode 3 of season 2. Lots of stuff that I can work around on.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:05   Link #135
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Yes, it was.


Because they are siblings, and therefore romance would be incest?

Do you need a reason beyond that? I could explain how inbreeding is a proven cause of genetic disorders and defects from hemophelia to clubbed foots and other birth defects.

I guess my question was: what is wrong writing about it? Of course I know the genetic implications and immoral ones of incest in the real world but should you really need to be so cautious in fiction?
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:18   Link #136
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
I guess my question was: what is wrong writing about it? Of course I know the genetic implications and immoral ones of incest in the real world but should you really need to be so cautious in fiction?
Yes. Slippery slopes to sin, and all that. Those who regularly indulge in imaginary fantasies of illegal or immoral actions in private are much more likely to perform them in real life as they mentally desensitize themselves to the acts.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:53   Link #137
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
A debate. Just what I need.

I think I'll go crazy after my Setsuna/Sumeragi story...
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 20:29   Link #138
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Yes. Slippery slopes to sin, and all that. Those who regularly indulge in imaginary fantasies of illegal or immoral actions in private are much more likely to perform them in real life as they mentally desensitize themselves to the acts.
I see your side, I don't buy it but I get where you are coming from. Anyway just curious how do you manage to get a chapter out every week? The output speed is very nicely done and the quality is usually steady.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 21:28   Link #139
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
I see your side, I don't buy it but I get where you are coming from. Anyway just curious how do you manage to get a chapter out every week? The output speed is very nicely done and the quality is usually steady.
I have a small list of ideas that I have backlogged at all times. When I watch an episode, I see if anything comes to mind: this week was a definite FUBAR theme. Other times, I just go back to the list I have, such as AU ideas. Then I sit down and write it out, usually over a day or two, give it a night to digest, and then do editing the next day.

And, of course, some times you just get a burst. I put a good hour, two hours into a long-stalled project last night. Did pretty well, too.

Last edited by Dean_the_Young; 2008-10-23 at 21:39.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 21:42   Link #140
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
I have a small list of ideas that I have backlogged at all times. When I watch an episode, I see if anything comes to mind: this week was a definite FUBAR theme. Other times, I just go back to the list I have, such as AU ideas. Then I sit down and write it out, usually over a day or two, give it a night to digest, and then do editing the next day.

And, of course, some times you just get a burst. I put a good hour, two hours into a long-stalled project last night. Did pretty well, too.
Do you have anything that helps you get past writers block? I mean I have tons of ideas back logged as well but for some reason I can't bring myself to put them down on paper.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.