AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-17, 20:21   Link #101
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistypearl View Post
Does Soul want to be the most powerful death scythe? That's what was said in EP. 1...
Probably, but after seeing ep 28 I think he's looking for power.
squaresphere is offline  
Old 2008-10-18, 00:17   Link #102
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Well Soul's voice is hot , but I dunno about Roxas. I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Probably, but after seeing ep 28 I think he's looking for power.
Gah I haven't watched ep 28 yet. Poor me.

It would be sweet if he's looking for power . Especially if he's doing that for his meister's sake.
Reincarnated is offline  
Old 2008-10-18, 03:05   Link #103
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
He is doing it for Maka, he seems that he wants to be strong enough to protect her without her having to "use" him as a weapon.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-10-19, 23:01   Link #104
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
^ when you said that I remembered

Spoiler:


Sometimes I'm confused. He's searching power because of 'his meister' , or because 'she's Maka'? It's different you know.

Spoiler:


Gah my question is being more nonsense. Sorry for that , but I'm curious
Reincarnated is offline  
Old 2008-10-19, 23:42   Link #105
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I personally wanna see Soul be able to fight without turning into a weapon. All he needs really is to learn some martial arts, and incorporate his transformation into it.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-10-20, 00:01   Link #106
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Ah I want to see that too. Oh wait , did he do it once when he battled with Free?

but if he is able to do that , he won't partner with Maka
Reincarnated is offline  
Old 2008-10-20, 03:01   Link #107
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
He did it against Kid. He and Black Star only won thanks to a fluke and Kid's severe OCD.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-10-21, 11:59   Link #108
lmd_84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Reading, England
He can do it, but his technique in the Kid fight involved partly transforming and charging at him. Not at all difficult to dodge or react against. At least if you're mister obsessive shinigami-boy.

I think what would be useful for Soul if he wants to fight on his own is to take some tips from Justin Law, who apparently has never had a Technician. Their Weapon forms have blades in common at least, so it could be something he could look into. Can't see Justin disagreeing if the subject came up.
lmd_84 is offline  
Old 2008-10-22, 03:59   Link #109
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
^ But as I say , if he's able to do that , he won't need Maka anymore -_-" and then , Soul Eater story ends. Final.
Reincarnated is offline  
Old 2008-10-22, 12:40   Link #110
lmd_84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Reading, England
I think that perspective does Soul something of a disservice, because you're implying he's only using Maka to get power, and would throw her away if a better opportunity came about. I for one think there's more to their relationship than that. No to mention I really can't see Soul being genuinely that callous. I'm not his biggest fan, but he seems for the most part to have good intentions.

For a start, Maka began her whole 'strength' issue on the back of Soul's injury in episode 8. At the time, Soul was convinced it was the place of the Weapon to have the strength to protect the Technician, hence why he got slashed across the chest in the first place. I think the second Crona fight demonstrated that they really are willing to work for one another, to protect one another, not just themselves.
lmd_84 is offline  
Old 2008-10-23, 05:37   Link #111
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
No no , you misunderstand. Or maybe I put it in wrong words. What I mean is , if he can fight on his own , he won't need a tech just like Justin. Because I don't know many about Soul's past , I can't say what is the real reason of him searching power.

But yes , I'm agree that Soul won't throw Maka like that. That's why I said "if" , right?
Reincarnated is offline  
Old 2008-10-23, 10:24   Link #112
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Soul's desire for power isn't for something selfish, its for Maka's sake.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-10-23, 21:05   Link #113
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois
And Maka longing for power is also for Soul's sake, She wanted to be strong so he doesn't have to get hurt.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 03:02   Link #114
lmd_84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Reading, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
No no , you misunderstand. Or maybe I put it in wrong words. What I mean is , if he can fight on his own , he won't need a tech just like Justin. Because I don't know many about Soul's past , I can't say what is the real reason of him searching power.

But yes , I'm agree that Soul won't throw Maka like that. That's why I said "if" , right?
I think the others have said it better than I have: Maka and Soul are looking for strength, but in order to protect one another, not for selfish reasons.

I misunderstood your comment about Soul getting to a point where he could fight single-handed, as I thought you were claiming he's only interested in power alone. I think if he did get to that point, rather than not having a Tech, Soul would use that skill to contribute to him and Maka as a team.

The way these two work together and have come to understand one another and their motives is why I like them as characters in the series.
lmd_84 is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 03:20   Link #115
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I'm looking forward to see Soul and Maka as a team indeed , not only just a tech and a weapon.

Ah by the way , I noticed this recently ; is Soul shorter than Maka? Or am I seeing things?
Reincarnated is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 03:31   Link #116
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: in Your Planet
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
Ah by the way , I noticed this recently ; is Soul shorter than Maka? Or am I seeing things?
No .... no .... Soul is taller a bit,, Soul always walk like L in Death Note, so He looks shorter than Maka,,

I was Think same as you before,,
__________________
Katocchi's Art and Graphics Project
Kato always welcome
if everyone want to visit
and give comment ^^

_______________________
Vocaloid Avatars
- Last Update 2009/04/03 -

_______________________
MyAnimeList
My DeviantArt
Katocchi is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 08:29   Link #117
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Really? I think he's taller because of his hair but when I look the recent eipsode , I think he got taller. Or maybe that's because of his clothes? His new appearance makes him more..adult.
Reincarnated is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 10:36   Link #118
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: in Your Planet
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
Really? I think he's taller because of his hair but when I look the recent eipsode , I think he got taller. Or maybe that's because of his clothes? His new appearance makes him more..adult.
Maybe ... But,, I prever like his old Outfit,, I want jacket like his
__________________
Katocchi's Art and Graphics Project
Kato always welcome
if everyone want to visit
and give comment ^^

_______________________
Vocaloid Avatars
- Last Update 2009/04/03 -

_______________________
MyAnimeList
My DeviantArt
Katocchi is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 11:43   Link #119
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katocchi View Post
Maybe ... But,, I prever like his old Outfit,, I want jacket like his
His jacket looks like he plays for a football team

Also why shouldn't Soul be able to fight by himself, if he increases his speed all he'll need to do is transform his arm and attack.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline  
Old 2008-10-30, 12:00   Link #120
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
okay now when I re-watch Soul Eater , I started to think this pairing relationship is like a master and a servant. -_-"
Reincarnated is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.