AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-23, 15:44   Link #41
sanzo
33million Humming Brook
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ask me no questions and ill tell u no lies
Age: 21
i think nami hitting luffy and it hurting was for comedic affect

Last edited by sanzo; 2008-10-23 at 17:16.
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 16:48   Link #42
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
What's the deal with Haki colours? How many colours are there to Haki and what colours are there? While we're on the discussion of Haki, (which BTW there's a thread made to discuss that particular subject) I've been thinking, does Nami have Haki? Reason I asked is that Haki is supposed to have an effect on Devil Fruit users as Sentoumaru said when he was fighting Luffy. And Nami has been able to physically hurt Luffy despite the fact he's a rubber man. The only other character to hurt Luffy is his grandfather Monkey D. Garp.


We still don't actually know how many people can use Haki at this point. The only ones confirmed to use it so far are Shanks, Rayleigh, the Kuja amazons and now Luffy. Whether or not Sentoumaru's martial arts or Garp's Fist of Love are Haki attacks is still unknown.


As for the whole "colors" thing, the only info we have is about the "Haoushoku", or "supreme king color" Haki. However, now that Haki's starting to get further explained, it shouldn't be long before we find out what other Haki types there are....


And as far as Nami goes.... well, I think her beating up Luffy is more of a gag than anything. However, I do suspect that Luffy won't be the only Straw-Hat who'll be able to use Haki....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:38   Link #43
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
wow! nice chapter spoiler

alright first of all, i am sorry if this was previously discussed in the thread:

can we assume that if haki comes in different forms, (zoro's is manipulated through his swords, shanks through his respect, boa because of her dominance/everyone 'loves' her, and anyone elses) that luffy's is though his voice? i mean, whenever he yells people stop and listen. Maybe he is finally realizing his form?

If we look back at shanks, his haki radiated off of him- eveyone except the higher ups were effected.

Could it be that luffy has a subtle haki? haki that is not used unless he gets really into something like a fight? As in, he only brings it out when he needs to? -(could add to luffy's character development)

thoughts? - personally, i don't see luffy using it unless he HAS to.
__________________
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 18:49   Link #44
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I think that there is something each of them is going to learn,something new,whether its a new technique or whatsoever,and i think showing everyone's adventure would be not that cool imo,i expect to see Luffy's adventure and then in the end see them all meet up together for a new world,and in the new world arc we'll see their new stuff,that is my opinion,but again it is Oda it's hard to predict what he might come up with ;d
I agree with this scenario where Luffy's story is completed and then the rest all come back together and show their strengths. Howvwer, it would e great to see a Usopp Mini arc, as someone previously stated.

Like "Adventure on Sniper Island"; and at the end, we see Usopp stand on a cliff somewhere high on a mountain, and target a soec on the hoziron...and the next panel shows a small bird, miles away, hit on the dot, with gid-like precision. Respect for Usopp!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post
My translation of the newest chapter isnt that goold (because its from google ^^)
but I think I got the major spoiler parts:

"Mary is a king cobra, Thunder is an anaconda.
Mary is fighting with Luffy, and spits venomous fluid at him.
Luffy uses Gomu Gomu no Stamp, but it's ineffective, painfully bouncing back.
Thunder intends to wrap up Luffy but he reads it and dodges.
Luffy can't really beat up the Boa Sisters at all.

Either Thunder or Mary is about to put Margaret, who's been turned to stone, into the ground? (I don't really know but it'd be the end for Margaret)
Luffy yells at them to stop, using a loud voice with haki!
The Boa sisters make a frightened face, almost all the people in the crowd have fainted and are frothing at the mouth.
Those around Hancock start to become uneasy...

It's unclear but Luffy probably activated Gear 2."

So lets start the discussion
uuhhh I love Anaconda-Type
I dont think that its true with Ruffy actually uses Haki...I mean where did he learned it?
Again just by watching others like Rayleigh or maybe Margaret? Ridiculous -_-
I actually loved this spoiler. It was awesome th eway I pictured it in my mind, and I'm really pumped up!! I can't wait until Sunday when I read the chapters!! Luffy shouts at the crowd and haki flows out at the same instant? Classic Luffy style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
It makes even more sense now, for Luffy's origin of Haki.

Being a Haou, which literally means a supreme ruler, one who's will dominates over all others, means that Luffy has the highest form of Haki. Haoushoku Haki just means Supreme ruler class/level/type Haki.

This instantly ties to Luffy's dream of being the Pirate King. Everytime he announces that he is the man that will become the Pirate King, people will get shocked, impressed and other stunned expressions. That is where his Haki comes from, his dream.

The other meaning for Haki is ambition. And Luffy who dares take up such a grand ambition, the Pirate King, can only prove that he is one with a Haou class Haki. One that has the will and determination to rise above all.

And remember the number of people who thought that Luffy gives a feeling of Gol D Roger. That is because both Luffy and Roger carried the same 'ki', the same aura, the aura of a Haou, one who dreams to become a ruler.

You can say the moment Luffy acquired this Haki is the first time when he thought of being the Pirate King, his Haki came immediately when he had such a dream. A dream where alot of people want to achieve, but not many have the will and determination to carry on. Luffy is one man who has the will and determination, that makes his Haki, Haou class.

And its exactly because of his grand ambition and charisma, his Haou class Haki influenced the people to go on a journey with him, those people are now the Nakama of the Strawhat Pirates. Luffy's Haki convinced his Nakama that he will help them achieve their dreams, that is the strength of Luffy's will and determination. His Nakama believes in him because he has this grand atmosphere and charisma around him.

I don't know how many of you can understand this, but apparently it has become very clear for me.
Deep...

And very enlightening. I liked your point in the first line about Luffy's Haki effect being related to his lineage.

Oda is just beating the competition with his manga. It's like the most awesome storytelling I've ever seen.

This chapter, assuming the spoiler above was correct, leaves me with no doubt that zoror is going to return with serious Haki ownage.
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 20:06   Link #45
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
We still don't actually know how many people can use Haki at this point. The only ones confirmed to use it so far are Shanks, Rayleigh, the Kuja amazons and now Luffy. Whether or not Sentoumaru's martial arts or Garp's Fist of Love are Haki attacks is still unknown.


As for the whole "colors" thing, the only info we have is about the "Haoushoku", or "supreme king color" Haki. However, now that Haki's starting to get further explained, it shouldn't be long before we find out what other Haki types there are....


And as far as Nami goes.... well, I think her beating up Luffy is more of a gag than anything. However, I do suspect that Luffy won't be the only Straw-Hat who'll be able to use Haki....
If the Kuja Amazons including Boa Hancock are experts at using Haki, then it's possible that Nami could learn how to use it. That is at least to keep Luffy in control the way Boa Hancock did with him. (Ernie laugh)
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 03:59   Link #46
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
By the way I hope they will introduce Luffy someting new at the end of this arc, because I grew a bit tired of popping up gear second in every fight.He should've been dead by now if it was that dangerous..Maybe they will pop up with a reason that his body finally stands up to pressure soon without harming him.Haki may give another power up.

Also Strawhat crew...hope not only zoro-sanji-luffy the uber trio gets the interesting things while rest of the crew does brain gymnastics to eleminate their enemies anymore.Chopper is fine with his monster form, maybe a longer duration and control for him can be good.So does Franky,Robin,Brook since they all can look after themselves.But for god's sake nami and Usopp....They are in need of a greater power up.I personally want Usopp to use real guns after this point, cant deny that kabuto is funny and interesting, but theyre rowing to new world whee the real story is about to begin.I dont want him to throw eggs at Whitebeard in future with kabuto.Also Nami's clima tact is good but thunder attack still lacks something.Maybe she can use entire elemental attacks in future..like some inferno/volcano,blizzard...Since the weather is her weapon she can alter it with different nature techniques
__________________
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 04:48   Link #47
chitgoks
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
imagine gear 3 with haki
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 10:27   Link #48
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
i have just read the chinese scans and i feel quite disturbed. omg snakes with hands, how weird is tt! apparently the amazon lily ppl dun know the existence of devil fruit, mistakening the snake fruits as a result of the fight with gorgon.

i guess haki is really something tt can hurt devil fruit user. luffy keep on complaining why he can feel pain from the attack even though he is a rubber man. it can also help predict and block attack! wow wat a wonderful skill to have
ChaosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 11:06   Link #49
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Just readed translated chapter and it was GREAT!

I really did enjoy every single page and panel

Specially after week brake.

Fight in this chapter was once again nicely done, even if its a build up its still high quality as expeted from Oda.

A LOT of new information about Haki and there is even diffrent types of Haki too... apparently Luffy has 'command/kings' haki (Code geass anyone ). Also raw haki can be used to enchant attacks as we have seen from Margarets arrows, even monster sisters blunt attacks hurted Luffy.

This explains why Garps 'fist of love' hurted Luffy at Water 7, I bet that geezer has mastered Haki

Oh damn Luffy will be monster once he will master Haki on combat, and his Command type haki will be fitting for future Pirate King .

I really enjoyed this chapter,every damn panel of it. I love all Strawhats but having focus on Luffy being alone is actually very entertaining, Luffy is just so excellent charecter.

Haki will indeed open whole new area where charecters can power up, every member of Strawhats could be using it (Imagine Usopp firing haki-imbued shots).
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 11:07   Link #50
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, I read the full chapter and translation. Awesome as always! I think Margaret joining Luffy is still a possibility, seeing as he's going out of his way to rescue her and her friends (though I'd still prefer Sweetpea to join him, but whatever). Hopefully, they'll be released from Hancock's "curse" soon....


Heh, I like how Luffy's still unaware of the Haki burst he released when he yelled at the sisters (also notice that Hancock's crew withstood the burst, as well... they're pretty tough, after all). However, there's one thing I found particularly interesting: Hancock says that she hasn't fully mastered Haoshoku Haki yet.


Also, I also really liked Marigold's reaction to the Haki burst:


"This kid...He possesses the "King's Disposition" to stand above others...!!!"


Yep.... Luffy's destined for greatness, all right. Still, I can't help but think that he'll still have trouble against the sisters, even though he's going all out now (after all, he's still unaware of his Haki). That's why I'm still crossing my fingers for Nyon to appear and lend Luffy a helping hand....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 11:19   Link #51
Tsukou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
I know people are saying anaconda and king cobra.. but since they both read in the raws as snake snake fruit users, I'm wondering what's going on? Different variations of the same DF? Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on why there are 2 of the same DF users..

And it still feels like Mantra is just a subform of Haki but I mean, I have no clue. Since the beginning Don Krieg said having a DF power isn't uncommon on the Grand Line, being able to use Haki in the New World is the similar set-up.

I still can't -__-; even fathom what Oda has prepared for us in the next couple of chapters.. these chapters aren't being released fast enough.. give me a whole volume at once! These chapters leaves me begging for more.. haha

Eiichiro Oda.. you brilliant mastermind..
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 11:20   Link #52
Eleutheria
旅行癖
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
The Anaconda has Mantra - she knows what attacks are coming at her, but her physical attacks have no effect on Luffy.
__________________
ロースクールに入ったから、アニメはもはやこれまでかな…
日本語のレベルも段々退歩してるし~
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 11:27   Link #53
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
The Anaconda has Mantra - she knows what attacks are coming at her, but her physical attacks have no effect on Luffy.
Zoan users gain ability of their fruit animal powers.

It is also possible that she just have snake reflexes, just allow your body automatically dodge without thinking.

Mantra is ability of hearing and premeditation unless you have very high reaction you may know where next attack is coming but it don't mean you can dodge it.

She may have mantra but she also just have extremely fast reflexes given by her snake form. But it would be funny to see that Mantra appears in ground level humans too.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 11:42   Link #54
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
I know people are saying anaconda and king cobra.. but since they both read in the raws as snake snake fruit users, I'm wondering what's going on? Different variations of the same DF? Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on why there are 2 of the same DF users..


Yes, they're different variations of the snake fruit. Again, it's not the first time this was done with Zoans, since we've had different types of dog (wolf, jackal, dachshund) and cow fruits (bison, giraffe), to name a couple of examples. There are many species of snakes, so it shouldn't be unusual for there to be more than one kind of snake fruit. And besides, it clearly says in the beginning of the chapter what models of snake fruit the sisters have.....


Plus, I'm just glad that we're starting to see more reptilian Zoans. I still like Drake's fruit the best, though.



Oh, and now I'm even more convinced that one of the CP9 trainees from the ministory resembles a certain CP9 chief:



Spoiler:



^ Doesn't that kid look familiar? I guess ol' Spanda intends to continue the legacy.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 15:15   Link #55
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Maybe there is a "color" for each one of the straw hats...
Technically, according to Oda, each of the Strawhats is represented by a color:

Luffy- Red
Zoro- Green
Nami- Orange
Usopp- Yellow
Sanji- Blue (standard)
Chopper- Pink
Robin- Purple
Franky- Blue (Cyan)
Brook- Black and White (which can make Gray)

As for the colors of Haki, we've yet to see what kinds of Haki there are and what color they are represented by.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 15:33   Link #56
viperx116
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I don't get Luffy's comment on how those attacks aren't suppose to hurt. I didn't know his ability also negates damage. So what about all those fights that he has had? He was badly hurt in most of those.
viperx116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 15:52   Link #57
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx116 View Post
I don't get Luffy's comment on how those attacks aren't suppose to hurt. I didn't know his ability also negates damage. So what about all those fights that he has had? He was badly hurt in most of those.
He's made of rubber. If he uses his ability then it shouldn't hurt but they are.

Sadly Luffy doesn't know what exactly Haki is still.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 16:06   Link #58
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
J

This explains why Garps 'fist of love' hurted Luffy at Water 7, I bet that geezer has mastered Haki

Haki will indeed open whole new area where charecters can power up, every member of Strawhats could be using it (Imagine Usopp firing haki-imbued shots).
Well Nami must already unconsciously know how to use it too, since she's bruised Luffy over the head more times then I can remember.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 16:21   Link #59
stigi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Rainbowman, its getting annoying to see that every post you have is concerning Nami and whatever she can do, you are obsessed with her, please go get some help.
stigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 16:24   Link #60
Boduar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Jose
Age: 26
The attacks shouldnt hurt because most of them are blunt, him getting punched and hitting a wall or him getting squeezed. Rubber in this situation can just stretch which should mean it shouldnt hurt him much if at all unless of course theres something more behind the attack.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.