AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2008-10-29, 06:21   Link #821
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It depends where you live actually.

Where I live, there are some pretty girls who are single. And a few have even never had a boyfriend.

However, the boys seem to think that all the pretty girls have already a boyfriend. They are not so well informed XD.
I need to visit that place. XD.

There are no pretty girls where I live.
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 15:33   Link #822
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
I need to visit that place. XD.

There are no pretty girls where I live.
If I can give you an advice then (but I guess you are already aware of that though), the persons who are single (pretty or not) are not inevitably single because all of them are shy or because they are all believers (For instance, when I explain my way of living, many people tend to think that I am a believer, which is not the case. [P.S.: I don't say that being a believer could not be a good thing though]), some of them are different. You will have to wonder why a person is still single. Most of the time, they seek for something. So if you try to pick up someone without taking that in account, you might fail.

And be honest, if a person wants a serious relationship for example, then don't lie to her if you can't give her what she seeks.

Last edited by Narona; 2008-10-29 at 15:46.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 18:22   Link #823
Xvoki

Quote:
If I can give you an advice then (but I guess you are already aware of that though), the persons who are single (pretty or not) are not inevitably single because all of them are shy or because they are all believers (For instance, when I explain my way of living, many people tend to think that I am a believer, which is not the case. [P.S.: I don't say that being a believer could not be a good thing though]), some of them are different. You will have to wonder why a person is still single. Most of the time, they seek for something. So if you try to pick up someone without taking that in account, you might fail.

And be honest, if a person wants a serious relationship for example, then don't lie to her if you can't give her what she seeks.
Thanks for the reply, I can tell a lot of thought went into it, and I wasn’t really expecting an answer.

I think most of us seek something in a relationship: compassion, honesty, devotion, wisdom. In my quest for a soul mate I would travel to the ends of the earth and brave whatever hardships. And should I ever find a girl who loves me back, I would consider myself truly a lucky man. XD

By the way, a believer of what? Virginity? Religion?
Old 2008-10-29, 18:50   Link #824
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I think most of us seek something in a relationship: compassion, honesty, devotion, wisdom. In my quest for a soul mate I would travel to the ends of the earth and brave whatever hardships. And should I ever find a girl who loves me back, I would consider myself truly a lucky man. XD

By the way, a believer of what? Virginity? Religion?
It depends on what the person wants. For what I can say around me (i'm not talking only about the people who are single), some people just want/wanted to be with someone to hang out together, to have some fun together etc. but nothing more. Some others want/wanted more than that. One can seeks for someone who shares the same ideals in life for instance. It really depends on many things like the point of view of a person on the love relationships.

I was talking about Religion. But if a girl says that she sees her virginity as something really important, some people (and those people are wrong most of time) will obviously think this is a religion based choice. So, all in all, it's pretty much the same XD

Last edited by Narona; 2008-10-29 at 19:02.
Old 2008-10-29, 19:30   Link #825
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Ugghh, I try to act all calm in real life, but I'm an emotional sap when it comes to relationships. It's hard trying to find someone who isn't shallow in california, hahaha.

NOM NOM NOM
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 22:05   Link #826
Sniper Wolf
Untamed,Solitary

I'm usually shy.....but I'm not really the dating type of person...when i go to clubs i do get approached...some scare me some are ok...but but I'm use to walking away,besides I'm picky very!i have an obsession with men who look like woman >,>
but whenever you see the opportunity and you like him or her take it,but be careful.......some people can keep lots of secrets from you....

\.\It sometimes pays off not to feel/./
Sniper Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 04:09   Link #827
Solafighter
Hige

Since i live in the middle of nowhere, a small "village", here are no girls in my age, neither that strong enough(With strong i mean psychical and physical). Allmost all girls of my ex. high school were far to shy, dont speak much and are not that clever(they were under average) ... Not lucky here and i dont have anything against them. They are all not my type.

I have to move.
Old 2008-10-30, 18:43   Link #828
Xvoki

Quote:
I was talking about Religion. But if a girl says that she sees her virginity as something really important, some people (and those people are wrong most of time) will obviously think this is a religion based choice. So, all in all, it's pretty much the same XD
Yeah, I thought you meant religion. But I fully respect those girls/ boys who choose to hold onto to their virginity until they find a more meaningful relationship, even if it's something of a rarity in this day and age. XD
Old 2008-10-31, 07:21   Link #829
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Yeah, I thought you meant religion. But I fully respect those girls/ boys who choose to hold onto to their virginity until they find a more meaningful relationship, even if it's something of a rarity in this day and age. XD
I am one of them. I always refused to start a relationship because I knew they were not the right person.

If I never meet that person, I prefer to stay single.

It's rare but it exists. And they are not neceessarily all believers (religions). I am not.
Old 2008-10-31, 08:15   Link #830
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
I am one of them. I always refused to start a relationship because I knew they were not the right person.

If I never meet that person, I prefer to stay single.

It's rare but it exists. And they are not neceessarily all believers (religions). I am not.
Refused to start? O.o
Short of them doing something or having habits that are on your 'no no' list, that's a bit judgemental, no?
You are one of the people who keeps their virginity until you get into something meaningful, that's fine.
But going on dates or getting to know someone doesn't mean jumping into bed with them.
Besides, there may be some guys who you find you get on very well with and become good friends, not all relationships at the start end with the intention of becoming more than friends.
Also as you get older you tend to find things aren't so black and white. Sometimes someone who you think is no good at the start could really be the one for you.
Life can be interesting that way

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 10:01   Link #831
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It depends where you live actually.

Where I live, there are some pretty girls who are single. And a few have even never had a boyfriend.

However, the boys seem to think that all the pretty girls have already a boyfriend. They are not so well informed XD.
I think life would be simpler if people wore nametags, color coded for marital status.

Though I guess there'd be problems with wearing the color for "married, but looking for an affair."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 10:15   Link #832
Rodo K.
The Other Alice

I've never really dated anyone in my whole 16 years. My mom thinks i'm too young, and she's probably right. Plus I'm not ready for a relationship or all the drama. I'm just way too childish or shy. :/
Old 2008-10-31, 12:09   Link #833
NightShade99
Naughty & Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo K. View Post
I've never really dated anyone in my whole 16 years. My mom thinks i'm too young, and she's probably right. Plus I'm not ready for a relationship or all the drama. I'm just way too childish or shy. :/
I think you and your Mom is 100% right becuz there is so much
drama when it comes to a realationship and you have to be ready ^_^
and saying that ur not ready for a relationship or the drama
tells me me that ur actually not childish ^_^
NightShade99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 12:36   Link #834
Amray

There is no girl that is above me as it is usually vice versa. I am just really good looking, you see.

More seriously though, if ever a girl does seem a lot more higher and out of reach towards me then I usually do not like them anyway. The type of girls that care more about their appearance than their education and what not, yes they may seem pretty, but they are more dimmer than a campfire that has been lit in a storm for five hours. Not my type of girl at all.

I prefer a specific type of girl so I do not have to look up at these girls that are too good for me, if there are actually any. I like the small and cute girls, so that is all that I look for.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 12:37   Link #835
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo K. View Post
I agree with your mom, 16 is to young... In fact, I think a law should be in place to ban all dating before the age of 21! Enjoy your childhood first, it doesn't last long, then you have the rest of your life to date.
Old 2008-10-31, 12:39   Link #836
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Wow, its must be really something to be able to pick and chose among so many who approach you .

I know as a guy when one of my friends gets a girlfriend, while dont get me wrong Im happy for him/them, its not so much an achievement if she was the one that asked him out. Its like its nice you have a girlfriend but you shouldn't be bragging too much, I mean the ability to say yes or no isnt that awe-inspiring .

On the other hand I also have friends who built up the courage - put their heads on the chopping block and asked the girl out. One time a girl admired from afar, (she was a cute waitress at a restaurant), and another scenario with a girl who was a close friend he hanged out with a lot...Lest just say we dont go to a particular restaurant or see a particular girl anymore...

Anyway, while they never did get the girl and spent some time rolling on the floor to extinguish the fires of that plane wreck, respect to those friend definitely went up .

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 12:48   Link #837
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
I agree with your mom, 16 is to young... In fact, I think a law should be in place to ban all dating before the age of 21! Enjoy your childhood first, it doesn't last long, then you have the rest of your life to date.
I totally agree too! The law should have been made long a go. 21 so that everyone has a solid chance of getting their emotions/hormones and head on straight...and also so that now I dont have to catch up so much

Old 2008-10-31, 12:51   Link #838
NightShade99
Naughty & Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
I totally agree too! The law should have been made long a go. 21 so that everyone has a solid chance of getting their emotions/hormones and head on straight...and also so that now I dont have to catch up so much
But still I had one of my biggest crushes when i was 14 and dated
this amazing guy.......but he had to leave T_T..........i guess its good as
long as it is puppy love.........nothing too intensive ^_^
NightShade99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 13:09   Link #839
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Yea...I know as a teenager you are totally racked with insecurities (some unfortunately more so than others) and you feel all these highs and lows and you dont know why or how to deal with it.

The sensation of simply holding someones hand in public knowing they like you can be a total high, while the anger and sadness of not know why they dont anymore can be crushing. Of course you dont have to be in relationships at that age to not get whats happening in you life. I remember at 14 I could being so angry at times...and I didnt even know why...freaking hormones.

The fact is dating can come more easily for some people than others. Some start young, some start in their 20s some haven't even dated once at the age of 26. Its really unfortunate its not fair. If only you could approach someone you had interest in, spend some time talking to them, getting to know them - without any embarrassment or awkwardness and whether it pans out or not just say your farewells without reverberating issues.

Old 2008-10-31, 13:25   Link #840
Amray

Love is both the most greatest, yet the most tragic thing there is.

Relationships are nice and happy when in progress, but if it ends it is a horrible thing for somebody to go through with a lot of sorrow to follow it.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom