AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-10, 17:31   Link #81
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler:
I try to save you a little time from reading the whole discussion about Sat-chan in KnK thread.
Spoiler:


It's a consensus that Sat-chan is always sad.
__________________
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 17:33   Link #82
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
ZODDGUTS, yeah it sounds similar but there is a bit of difference - mainly virginity usually held being an essence of protecting spirits/goddesses (well more purity was but again virginity is also a symbol of purity), so if Nagi lost her purity she could not be a goddess anymore, but if she still is a goddess then the author should give some explanation...

At leas in Baltic myths, whenever we talk of goddesses or demi-goddesses the virginity did play important role (unless the goddess is a legal god wife etc.), if one losses the virginity she usually lost her powers as well (well it is usually about demi-goddesses , but again Nagi is like that as well).

Now i am interested to see the next chapter (though I don't think this trick will work for authors favor, as I do believe some otakus will drop buying it just because of this). Though I don't really care, plus it adds more depth to the story I guess. i just hope the author explains it properly.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 17:54   Link #83
1cesc
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
ZODDGUTS, yeah it sounds similar but there is a bit of difference - mainly virginity usually held being an essence of protecting spirits/goddesses (well more purity was but again virginity is also a symbol of purity), so if Nagi lost her purity she could not be a goddess anymore, but if she still is a goddess then the author should give some explanation...

At leas in Baltic myths, whenever we talk of goddesses or demi-goddesses the virginity did play important role (unless the goddess is a legal god wife etc.), if one losses the virginity she usually lost her powers as well (well it is usually about demi-goddesses , but again Nagi is like that as well).

Now i am interested to see the next chapter (though I don't think this trick will work for authors favor, as I do believe some otakus will drop buying it just because of this). Though I don't really care, plus it adds more depth to the story I guess. i just hope the author explains it properly.
Spoiler for spoilers, duh:
1cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 18:14   Link #84
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Actually, they didn't even start complaining because she wasn't a virgin. The reason why the started complaining was because she used to have a boyfriend (which is ridiculous, because she clearly said in ch. 5 she had someone she liked, and back then no one said anything). After the complaints about Nagi having a past boyfriend started, the whole issue about her virginity was brought up. Because, since she had a boyfriend, she may as well be "used".

This is nothing but another episode of otakus, their fantasies, their delusions, and their insecurities.

Anyway, I do have to agree Takenashi seems to have forgotten what the larger part of her audience is made up by.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 18:19   Link #85
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boogie down Bronx
Wow kinda messed up that they have unrealistic views.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 18:52   Link #86
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Wow kinda messed up that they have unrealistic views.
Well Kannagi is supposed to be the type of character (goddess) that are mainly seen as being "pure" character and she's trying to be an idol as well another area where girls are seen that they should be "pure" as well. When Otaku's find out that their not pure afterall, they all will act like that live action J-Drama I mention they get all depress and lose interest.

Anyways I doubt she did anything physical with her old bf considering the type of audience this is aim towards to. Nagi will just say that it was just a pure relationship with him. If it was shoujo or seinen if would have been the opposite though. The whole thing about her not being a goddess probably has to do with the tree being cut down causing her not to be a goddess anymore and be more human like.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 19:12   Link #87
1cesc
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Well Kannagi is supposed to be the type of character (goddess) that are mainly seen as being "pure" character and she's trying to be an idol as well another area where girls are seen that they should be "pure" as well. When Otaku's find out that their not pure afterall, they all will act like that live action J-Drama I mention they get all depress and lose interest.

Anyways I doubt she did anything physical with her old bf considering the type of audience this is aim towards to. Nagi will just say that it was just a pure relationship with him. If it was shoujo or seinen if would have been the opposite though. The whole thing about her not being a goddess probably has to do with the tree being cut down causing her not to be a goddess anymore and be more human like.
Well, actually, it's more than just the purity thing (if it's that at all). If you read through, they are acting like it's a betrayal of her actions.
1cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 22:12   Link #88
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boogie down Bronx
I read some more about this,they are actually going to stop reading the chapters because of this whole little thing.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 00:26   Link #89
Kushi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Actually, they didn't even start complaining because she wasn't a virgin. The reason why the started complaining was because she used to have a boyfriend (which is ridiculous, because she clearly said in ch. 5 she had someone she liked, and back then no one said anything). After the complaints about Nagi having a past boyfriend started, the whole issue about her virginity was brought up. Because, since she had a boyfriend, she may as well be "used".

This is nothing but another episode of otakus, their fantasies, their delusions, and their insecurities.

Anyway, I do have to agree Takenashi seems to have forgotten what the larger part of her audience is made up by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Wow kinda messed up that they have unrealistic views.
You guys do understand that Nagi is marketed based on her purity... of course people - or as you call them otakus- are going to be shocked when something that questions her purity arises. It's almost like if suddenly 1 chapter you realized Belldandy from AMG had abandoned a husband and 2 kids to be with Keiichi.... Ok my example may be too extreme but I believe it gets the point across. People are going to complain if their idol in this case Nagi suddenly loses what attracted them in the first place
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 00:32   Link #90
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
You guys do understand that Nagi is marketed based on her purity... of course people - or as you call them otakus- are going to be shocked when something that questions her purity arises. It's almost like if suddenly 1 chapter you realized Belldandy from AMG had abandoned a husband and 2 kids to be with Keiichi.... Ok my example may be too extreme but I believe it gets the point across. People are going to complain if their idol in this case Nagi suddenly loses what attracted them in the first place
Heh I was going to use Belldandy as well as an example in my previous post about characters being pure, I mean what if it's find out she had a ex-boyfriend which was a physical relationship hell even I would be shocked and be outrage!!!
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 01:22   Link #91
1cesc
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
I mostly agree with you two and it's kind of the point I was making before. It's a bit disingenuous to present someone one way and then rapidly change her character. It's especially weird 'cause this is a freakin' shounen romance comedy about a magical girl; no need to piss off the fanbase, this isn't going to win a Pulitzer.

Anyways, it won't stop me from finishing the manga, especially since it appears to be ending soon. Plus, I've been reading this even though I don't understand 10% of the words, so I gotta come back here for conjecture.
1cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 01:24   Link #92
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boogie down Bronx
Yes true but from What I'm understanding it haven't even been confirmed if she a virgin or not.

also since this page seems to be the source of everything can someone explain what is happening in this part please.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/goldennews/i...1/g1108002.jpg
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 01:37   Link #93
1cesc
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Yes true but from What I'm understanding it haven't even been confirmed if she a virgin or not.

also since this page seems to be the source of everything can someone explain what is happening in this part please.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/goldennews/i...1/g1108002.jpg
Spoiler for explanation:
1cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 01:40   Link #94
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boogie down Bronx
ak ok thanks I barely understand japanese so yea I'll be waiting for the raw.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 07:55   Link #95
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
You guys do understand that Nagi is marketed based on her purity...
How does having a previous boyfriend make her impure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
also since this page seems to be the source of everything can someone explain what is happening in this part please.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/goldennews/i...1/g1108002.jpg
Spoiler:
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:04   Link #96
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
About the whole Nagi being "Second Hand" thing all I have to say is this
Also to quote 2ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ch
It’s a good job I bought the manga second-hand after Nagi turns out to be that too.
Though in all seriousness technically doesn't her current body (the one Jin made) still have it's Hymen thus making her a Virgin. Unless her and Jin had sex off screen
__________________
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:11   Link #97
musouka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
It's almost like if suddenly 1 chapter you realized Belldandy from AMG had abandoned a husband and 2 kids to be with Keiichi....
This is a dumb argument. First of all, Nagi is nothing like Belldandy, who really is "pure". Secondly, if Belldandy had said back in the beginning of the series, "I have a husband and two kids" and then turned out to have a husband and two kids, where is the shock coming from again? The other Nagi said flat out she liked someone back in chapter five. If people thought that wasn't going to come up again, they're crazy. Not to mention, it really has no bearing on the Nagi who mooches off Jin and wants to become an idol.
__________________
雨の日も晴れの日も
いつの日も愛してた
それだけは 今もまだ
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:17   Link #98
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Not to mention, it really has no bearing on the Nagi who mooches off Jin and wants to become an idol.
Apparently that Nagi would have to "die" if the other Nagi decides to go with her ex. Mind you I haven't read the chapter yet and are just going by 2ch hearsay.
__________________
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:21   Link #99
musouka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Apparently that Nagi would have to "die" if the other Nagi decides to go with her ex. Mind you I haven't read the chapter yet and are just going by 2ch hearsay.
Well, the spoilers posted up thread seem to hint at that outcome, but my point is that it has no bearing on Nagi's feelings or "purity" if you will.
__________________
雨の日も晴れの日も
いつの日も愛してた
それだけは 今もまだ
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:29   Link #100
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Actually, having someone they like does not equal having an ex. Lets say Naru or Louise also had someone they liked in the beginning but they were not really going out with anyone.

I think otaku's thought that with Nagi it will be the same. And when it dint she became a "second hand item". Yeah, weird.

Also note that it is shounen not seinen, shoujo or josei so such thing increased the shock as it kind of stepped out of its genre.

Not to mention that goddess and idol is associated with a 'purity' and if there is an issue that questions it came as a shock as well.

Well anyway, otakus are weird, though I think author will get punished by the sell-rates a little. Hopefully it wont be something major.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.