AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-10, 17:18   Link #401
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
That's also true, seeing as the Albion wasn't built from the ground up like the SEITEN was...but it's still a ninth-gen by definition.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 17:27   Link #402
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
well KMF's aside
i really want to know what they were thinking with the whole LIVE geass thing
did they forget that when someone is under the command of the geass they forget what they were doing at the time (due to brain damage coused by the geass)
how did they forget that part
they completely changed the nature of suzaku's geass from ep 20 on (he can shrag it off during his fight with bismark)
why would they do that
wasnt giving suzaku the albion enough of a hax (and he was pretty hax before that)
why did they feel the need to give him superpowers too
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 17:27   Link #403
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
They were good, but they were outclassed. Kallen tore apart Luciano because:

a) She was the better pilot.

b) Her Frame was a whole generation above his, assuming that the Rounds Frames are the alluded-to eighth generation.

The same was down to a tee with Bismarck, Gino, Monica and Dorothea, and there were other circumstances. Namely, the Old Emperor faction had very limited resources, and Monica and Dorothea's personal Frames were likely being dismantled in central Britannia, so they had to rely on what little they had- namely, Sutherlands, and Gloucesters. And the Albion far outclasses what are essentially modified fourth-gen Frames.
I don't want to hear excuses, because frankly their is no excuse.

Monica and Dorothea didn't have personal frames or they would have had them like Bismarck did.

This is a problem where Japan confuses honor with stupidity

47 Ronin take a year to kill the enemy of their dead lord and then die getting revenge? Honorable

Choshu trying to expel all the foreigners out of Japan? Stupid

Self sacrifice for nothing isn't honorable its stupid.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 17:29   Link #404
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
...What has anything I said got to do with self-sacrifice?


And if you were calm and read my post, you'd see that the 'excuses' are perfectly reasonable. You're jumping to conclusions.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 17:43   Link #405
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
well KMF's aside
i really want to know what they were thinking with the whole LIVE geass thing
did they forget that when someone is under the command of the geass they forget what they were doing at the time (due to brain damage coused by the geass)
how did they forget that part
they completely changed the nature of suzaku's geass from ep 20 on (he can shrag it off during his fight with bismark)
why would they do that
wasnt giving suzaku the albion enough of a hax (and he was pretty hax before that)
why did they feel the need to give him superpowers too
That's when Code Geass started ripping off Gundam Seed Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
...What has anything I said got to do with self-sacrifice?


And if you were calm and read my post, you'd see that the 'excuses' are perfectly reasonable. You're jumping to conclusions.
If the Dorothea, and Monica had personal Knightmare Frames they would have used them like Bismarck did. If Bismack could take his Knightmare fram than I see no reason why Dorothea and Monica wouldn't.

It was pure lazyness to get rid of characters they no longer had used for without taking up much time.

As for me comparing them to Tomino, if they didn't want me to compare them to Tomino than they shouldn't be writing real robot anime. If they want to be considered the best than they must write like the best, in this case Mobile Suit Gundam. Instead their are several scenes (like Suzaku vs KoR, and Kallen vs Luciano) that are obviously written after watching the final episode of Gundam Seed Destiny.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 17:57   Link #406
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
When they couldn't get them because Lelouch had Britannia in the palm of his hand. Right.

And again, read my posts. Quit jumping to conclusions.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 18:03   Link #407
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
When they couldn't get them because Lelouch had Britannia in the palm of his hand. Right.

And again, read my posts. Quit jumping to conclusions.
Then why did Bismarck have his?

I am not going to make excuses like the KoR all had personal Knightmare Frames but two of them didn't have them with them. They didn't have them, because Taniguchi, Okouchi and Sunrise where lazy.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:33   Link #408
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Bismarck had his because of two things-

a) He had brought his Frame to Japan from Turn 17, and kept it with him.

b) Monica spent most of her screen time playing second fiddle to Charles as the operator of a vessel. That job does not require a KMF. Dorothea was likely hastily recruited to replace Luciano and not given a Frame of her own.

Quit letting your bias surface.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 12:07   Link #409
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
i think that Dorothea wasnt a replacement for luciano
she was a KOR in her own right (albit a rather sudden addition to the cast)
and she and monica may not have had a one off costume frame to begin with
cornellia didnt have one (or gilford while were at it)
the glaston knights didnt, nor did the valkyrie squad (all were using MP models)
since the lancelot had only been invented a year before season 1 it possible that most of britannia were still using the old 6th gens which would include those KOR who's role were not KMF combat based (monica's actual role seems to have been as commander of charles's great britannia (the ship)
they could pilot KMF's well enough (then again so could tamaki)
but their actual role didnt have to be in that field
and when going against the new britannian emperor (who controls most of the army as well as the means to produce vincents) its probable that they had to make do with what ever they could get their hands on (namely, mook frames)
and from the looks of things they were pretty dumb about it (since they were led by bismark rather then shnizel)
instead of joining shnizels faction they went after lelouch on their own and got wiped out by the albion (which both gino bismark and monica knew about in advance)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 12:11   Link #410
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Of course Cornelia, Guilford, the Valkyries and the Glastons didn't have their own unique Frames (though the Glastons, up until around Turn 23, were the only users of the Gareths), they weren't a part of the Rounds. As for Monica and Dorothea...eh.

And as for Dorothea, well, she must have been recruited very recently, as, in Turn 2, which showed all the Rounds, she wasn't there.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:10   Link #411
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Bismarck had his because of two things-

a) He had brought his Frame to Japan from Turn 17, and kept it with him.

b) Monica spent most of her screen time playing second fiddle to Charles as the operator of a vessel. That job does not require a KMF. Dorothea was likely hastily recruited to replace Luciano and not given a Frame of her own.

Quit letting your bias surface.
What bias?

If I have a god damn elite unit I am making sure that elite unit has access to their weapons.

You don't give the marines knives do you?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:11   Link #412
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
You don't give the marines knives do you?
Well... yeah, among other things.

>______________>
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:13   Link #413
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
What bias?

If I have a god damn elite unit I am making sure that elite unit has access to their weapons.

You don't give the marines knives do you?
In fact Marines are given knives. Knives don't jam, they don't run out of ammo, and they can do things a gun can't. That's beside the point, though. Lelouch took over Britannia quick, and the first thing he would have done is secure pretty much every military center they had. Assuming those two had custom frames, which there's no reason to doubt they would, Lelouch probably locked them down. Bismarck and Gino had the good fortune to have theirs with them at the time. Monica and Dorothea, not so much.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:16   Link #414
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well... yeah, among other things.

>______________>
Considering that Code Geass operates on the belief that the mecha makes the man then the KoR having massively inferior weapons doomed them from the start.

A baby piloting the Albion could have killed all three of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
In fact Marines are given knives. Knives don't jam, they don't run out of ammo, and they can do things a gun can't. That's beside the point, though. Lelouch took over Britannia quick, and the first thing he would have done is secure pretty much every military center they had. Assuming those two had custom frames, which there's no reason to doubt they would, Lelouch probably locked them down. Bismarck and Gino had the good fortune to have theirs with them at the time. Monica and Dorothea, not so much.
The point was do the Marines leave their guns at the base when they go on missions?

No they bring all their weapons with them, if Monica and Dorothea had personal frames why didn't they have them with them. They where at war they could be needed at any time, if Dorothea or Monica where actual elite soldiers they would have brought their mechas.

What happens if the place their in is ambushed?

Dorothea and Monica go out in mook suits and get shot down?

They where no artistic reason to show us that, and all that managed to accomplish is to show that it takes no skill to win fights in the universe of Code Geass.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:21   Link #415
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Considering that Code Geass operates on the belief that the mecha makes the man then the KoR having massively inferior weapons doomed them from the start.

A baby piloting the Albion could have killed all three of them.
three of them
are you saying bismark was out classed due to machine potential alone
he was matching suzaku move for move until his geass command kicked in
i dont think the albion was that much stronger then the normal lancelot model
it just had energy wings (the rest of the weapons are twicked up, but are still the same)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:32   Link #416
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
three of them
are you saying bismark was out classed due to machine potential alone
he was matching suzaku move for move until his geass command kicked in
i dont think the albion was that much stronger then the normal lancelot model
it just had energy wings (the rest of the weapons are twicked up, but are still the same)
I had forgotten that idiotic asspull.

Well two of them could have been defeated by a baby, the fact that Bismarck's mecha is close to Albion does make it for a close fight.

The only time actually skill comes up was in the Cornelia vs. Lelouch fight, all others where won with machines alone. Its one of the reasons why I consider Code Geass R2 not to be a true mecha series.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:37   Link #417
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Again.

Monica- spent three of her five episodes on the Great Britannia. Didn't have access to a Frame, and probably flew with the other Rounds to find their Frames locked down, save for the Tristan, which was with Schneizel.

Dorothea- new addition, probably had a Frame in store, but, oh, guess what, it was locked the fuck down.

And skill does play a factor. The fact is, though, that the Albion, say it with me, is above all other Frames except the SEITEN. No other Frame or pilot could hope to beat it because the Albion was that advanced and Suzaku was that good. Kallen was his only equal, and superior, since she technically beat him for good in Turn 25.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:43   Link #418
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
and gino's trsitain devider was powerfull enough to smash the shinkiro's shields with its sword
but gino still lost completely
skill does play a big role in combat since a lesser pilot could not use the albions power to its full potntial (Lloyd did say that it was built speceificlly for suzaku's use, meaning that it was built with his level of skill in mind unlike the original lancelot which he was just handed)
the same applies to kallen and the SEITEN
it was a superpowerfull machine (strongest KMF in the show)
but no one else could have piloted it effectively (and were still not sure just how much of its potential kallen could unlock, probably not 100%)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:51   Link #419
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Again.

Monica- spent three of her five episodes on the Great Britannia. Didn't have access to a Frame, and probably flew with the other Rounds to find their Frames locked down, save for the Tristan, which was with Schneizel.

Dorothea- new addition, probably had a Frame in store, but, oh, guess what, it was locked the fuck down.

And skill does play a factor. The fact is, though, that the Albion, say it with me, is above all other Frames except the SEITEN. No other Frame or pilot could hope to beat it because the Albion was that advanced and Suzaku was that good. Kallen was his only equal, and superior, since she technically beat him for good in Turn 25.
Like I said the only time skill comes up in Code Geass is in the Cornelia Vs Lelouch fight

All other fights where won by the better mecha, a baby could have defeated Monica and Dorothea.

Its one of the reasons why I hope Taniguchi and Okouchi never write mecha again, they are decent writers (as long as they don't get lazy like the did the second half of R2), but horrible mecha writers.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:53   Link #420
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
...Sorry, are you blind?

You're not even fucking bothering to read what I'm typing and spouting hatred instead, aren't you? A one-sided opinion?

That's called bias.

Plus, a baby doesn't know to to use a goddamn KMF, does it? Point is null and void.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.