AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-10, 08:27   Link #1
Idioteva

Recomended manga

I know that this suggestion page is made for suggesting anime but i would like to have a manga recomendation seems as there is so many that never get made into anime. I am looking for a good mystery/thinking manga (e.g something like monster) but I am happy with ANY good ones you are willing to recomend.
Old 2004-05-10, 12:01   Link #2
Geist
Mind Spirit

Well, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with mystery/thinking, but it's still good:
Yotsubato! from the author of Azumanga (Azuma Kiyohiko), so if you liked Azumanga or if you like hilarious anime/manga, you should definitely check this one out!

http://home.nc.rr.com/momotato/yotsubato.html

Hmm, I think Omanga has some mystery/mature manga. The only manga I got from their site is Deadman and it definitely IS mysterious...and weird,...really...weird.
Old 2004-05-10, 15:20   Link #3
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

20th Century Boys is by the genius who wrote Monster and it is hands down the best manga ever. And if it becomes an anime, it will be the best anime ever
Old 2004-05-10, 17:31   Link #4
7thMethuselah

I can't directly give you any names for great mystery manga but here are a few worthy of your hard earned dollars (or euro's or whatever)

Akira : a masterpiece, way better then the anime which literally cut out the good part, as an anime fan this is a must read

Rurouni Kenshin : typical shounen, lots and lots and lots of samurai action combined with a great story!

Ah! My Goddess : a light romance comedy and overall extremely addictive and enjoyable manga. Makes you wonder why the only made 5 OVA and a movie out of this ...

Chobits : I'm sure you've seen the anime, well the manga is even better, if you are into comedy/romance, this is a must read

Love Hina : Comedy /romance/ecchi in my opinion the greatest manga ever, extremly chaotic and hilariously funny manga with very interesting characters

Fuushigi Yuugi : Shoujo (if you like that stuff) : about a girl who gets sucked back into medieval china and becomes an important figure in the political affaires of that time, an adventure manga which you just can't put down.

Old 2004-05-11, 21:53   Link #5
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Berserk is the best manga in my opinion. It starts to get really awsome after where the anime left off.
Old 2004-05-12, 01:23   Link #6
Aurora
Just visiting...

Send a message via AIM to Aurora
How about a mildly graphic detective/murder manga? I am halfway through MPD Psycho, and it is very interesting so far. I haven't seen Monster, so I can't make a comparison, but I have really enjoyed this title so far. I also enjoyed Alive, which is only one volume and about an accused murderer on death row. They can both be found at Omanga.
Old 2004-05-16, 20:55   Link #7
Ichiru

Gunslinger Girl is good. It's mostly an action anime, but I guess it has a little romance involved. And Gatekeeps is another good one, it's sci-fi with aliens but it has a good story.
Old 2004-05-16, 21:28   Link #8
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
blood spurting sword action:

Blade of the Immortal: Awesome action, awesome artwork, awesome story. Can't go wrong with it.

Vagabond: Not as crazy as BotI, but still really good. it even has a little light humor.

hahaha, funny:

Ranma 1/2: VERY funny. One of my favorite manga.

GTO: also exellent. lots of humor, action, romance, school girls....

Weird action:

Evagelion: as crazy as the anime, and kinda betterin my opinion.

ARMS: about some kids who have weird arm/leg implants. it's pretty good

Cannon Goddess Xsomethingsomething: weird name o_o. Nothing that really hasn't been done. aliens enslave teh Earth, kid gets cool robot suit and giant robot to fight them.

The rest.....

Azumanga Daioh: okay, this one is just weird. follows the life of a group of school grils through high school.

Alien Nine: 3 Elementrary school girls get weird hats to help fight aliens who have inhabited the Earth. don't ask.....

Getbackers: 2 guys use there special powers to help people...get stuff back. it's alot more complex then that, but I'm getting tired....

I'd say more, but I got's to go. All of those are GREAT and should be read at all costs.
Old 2004-05-16, 21:42   Link #9
LynnieS

I like the "Kindaichi Case Files" series myself.

Edit - Added TokyoPop URL.

Edit - "Cannon God Exaxxion" - Art is pretty clean. Action, blood (nothing too overboard, but it's still there), and jiggly humor.
Closed Thread