AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-01, 15:52   Link #1081
CMHerrera
Miss. Fangirl
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to CMHerrera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
We don't see deliberate romantic interest, but we see hesitation and ambivalence, which suggests to us that Kubo is either teasing us or building a foundation for later use.
Couldn't have sayed it better, that what I have been thinking, Kubo is teasing us with that subject. He probably look at all those forms for bleach and reading them for fun and laughing at us forming relationships, like ichiruki ichihime, ichinell and saying to him self "I knew it I knew it I knew they were going to do that haahha".
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMHerrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 10:56   Link #1082
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
KUBO IS MY MASTER!

He's really good! If he wasn't there wouldn't be any debates over ships.
Utsukushii Hono'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 13:50   Link #1083
Zeda
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
KUBO IS MY MASTER!

He's really good! If he wasn't there wouldn't be any debates over ships.
That would have been better. Shipping sucks.
Zeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 15:03   Link #1084
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeda View Post
That would have been better. Shipping sucks.
For some it does cause feelings of bitterness. I am just not one of them

Utsukushii Hono'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 15:10   Link #1085
Syphen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeda View Post
That would have been better. Shipping sucks.
lol irony
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 15:35   Link #1086
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
lol irony
Hahahaha I'm right there with ya
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 08:00   Link #1087
Zeda
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
IchiRuki sucks and will never happen.
Zeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 13:07   Link #1088
Le_Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeda View Post
IchiRuki sucks and will never happen.
As I stated before you really do have it bad for Rukia now to go against IchiRuki....... IchiRuki is forever... a Couple does not aways mean they will have a successful Romantic relationship.. it can also mean they have a successful and never ending friendship.. so thank you, but NO thank you .....IchiRuki has already happened and it will continue to be successful.. ...

have a nice day...
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-B64AB96961\My Documents\My Pictures\my icons\new icons\windsofchange.jpeg
Le_Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 13:11   Link #1089
Ichigo&Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rukia-land
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
I thought Matsumoto's quote about Ichigo needing both of them leaned a lot more toward Orihime's side! Rukia being the friend he can trust, and Orihime being the girl he can love. <3

Oh it's so romantic! <3


She said "Ichigo needs both of you' but OH IT'S SO ROMANTIC how Orihime cried over IchiRuki
__________________
Claimed by BleachOD
Ichigo&Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 14:32   Link #1090
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeda View Post
IchiRuki sucks and will never happen.


IchiHime sucks and will never happen.


OMG C WUT I DID THAR?!

If you're going to try and flamebait to start ship wars, at least type something with content that contains points for argument.

Saying something like "-x couple- sucks and will never happen", which is something a 12 year old would do to argue with people, doesn't really get you any brownie points.. at least not from me.
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 16:09   Link #1091
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post


She said "Ichigo needs both of you' but OH IT'S SO ROMANTIC how Orihime cried over IchiRuki
I meant emotional...Did I say romantic?? You're seeing things!
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 17:10   Link #1092
Zeda
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Rukia View Post
As I stated before you really do have it bad for Rukia now to go against IchiRuki....... IchiRuki is forever... a Couple does not aways mean they will have a successful Romantic relationship.. it can also mean they have a successful and never ending friendship.. so thank you, but NO thank you .....IchiRuki has already happened and it will continue to be successful.. ...

have a nice day...
Then they aren't couple.
Zeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 17:51   Link #1093
CMHerrera
Miss. Fangirl
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to CMHerrera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post


She said "Ichigo needs both of you' but OH IT'S SO ROMANTIC how Orihime cried over IchiRuki
That was a good part, it also kind of shows that Ichigo and Rukia have a good Bond. And that Orhime really like Ichigo, Because of that something might happen to Orhime again with that subject there.
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMHerrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 17:59   Link #1094
Zeda
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
That was a good part, it also kind of shows that Ichigo and Rukia have a good Bond. And that Orhime really like Ichigo, Because of that something might happen to Orhime again with that subject there.
Yeah she'll end with Ichigo.
Zeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 19:59   Link #1095
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I don't know. The things I consider major evidence for Ichihime is that Kairin scene about an Orihime level girl, how the SS people though Orihime was taken by Ichigo, the Matsumoto thing, the 5 lifetimes speech, the Shinji scene where he says Ichigo can never have a girl like Orihime (She'll prove him wrong!), the pilot, the fact that she looks like his mother and she's the only one that has an umbrella, the fact that they're both growing together in the manga, etc. There is so much evidence that people just can't deny!

I don't even want to hear about Rukia cause all I'm going to get is they have larger/more panels together, they are the main characters, she stopped the rain, he looks like Kaien therefore she deserves him, they are more popular so they should end up together to not disappoint fans, they have eye sex alot, Orihime is jealous of them, Kubo said she was his light, blah blah blah.

I hope I don't come off as obnoxious, but this is how I feel...You should know by now! *FLAMESHIELD*
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 03:48   Link #1096
Zeda
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
I don't know. The things I consider major evidence for Ichihime is that Kairin scene about an Orihime level girl, how the SS people though Orihime was taken by Ichigo, the Matsumoto thing, the 5 lifetimes speech, the Shinji scene where he says Ichigo can never have a girl like Orihime (She'll prove him wrong!), the pilot, the fact that she looks like his mother and she's the only one that has an umbrella, the fact that they're both growing together in the manga, etc. There is so much evidence that people just can't deny!

I don't even want to hear about Rukia cause all I'm going to get is they have larger/more panels together, they are the main characters, she stopped the rain, he looks like Kaien therefore she deserves him, they are more popular so they should end up together to not disappoint fans, they have eye sex alot, Orihime is jealous of them, Kubo said she was his light, blah blah blah.

I hope I don't come off as obnoxious, but this is how I feel...You should know by now! *FLAMESHIELD*
I agree with you.
Zeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 15:05   Link #1097
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
I don't know. The things I consider major evidence for Ichihime is that Kairin scene about an Orihime level girl, how the SS people though Orihime was taken by Ichigo, the Matsumoto thing, the 5 lifetimes speech, the Shinji scene where he says Ichigo can never have a girl like Orihime (She'll prove him wrong!), the pilot, the fact that she looks like his mother and she's the only one that has an umbrella, the fact that they're both growing together in the manga, etc. There is so much evidence that people just can't deny!

I don't even want to hear about Rukia cause all I'm going to get is they have larger/more panels together, they are the main characters, she stopped the rain, he looks like Kaien therefore she deserves him, they are more popular so they should end up together to not disappoint fans, they have eye sex alot, Orihime is jealous of them, Kubo said she was his light, blah blah blah.

I hope I don't come off as obnoxious, but this is how I feel...You should know by now! *FLAMESHIELD*
Karin was being crass like she usually is. We don't have any real reason to take Karin's words at heart.

I don't remember anything from the SS arc where anyone thought Inoue was Ichigo's girlfriend.

Shinji was joking around with Ichigo, and it wasn't what made Ichigo upset in the first place. It was because Shinji had attacked Ichigo the previous night and come into school acting all cheerful like nothing had happened. The scene was put in for Shinji to tell Ichigo how his friends were going to abandon him when they found out about his hollow. Lo and behold, Inoue is the first friend to actually see his mask and she is scared of it.

I still don't see the connection between Orihime and Ichigo's mother. We don't know much about her. People make these claims but we don't know much of anything, especially her personality. Why are you also using Inoue having an umbrella as a reason IchiHime might happen? Inoue was out in the rain, and isn't it a normal reaction to bring an umbrella when it's raining?

The pilot was rejected and Kubo has come so far with Bleach. Also, the actual manga differs from the pilot because if you actually look at it, Rukia isn't exactly a main character. It looks more like her playing matchmaker for Ichigo and Orihime. Ichigo is also aware of Inoue's feelings for him in the pilot. This isn't what it's like in the actual manga. Rukia isn't a matchmaker for IchiOri, contrary to popular belief, and Ichigo is still as oblivious as ever to her feelings.

Also, I think the 'growing together' argument is taking on a more nakama-oriented light now that this arc has been shown to be a nakama arc.

As for the IchiRuki side of things, most people argue/like IchiRuki because Kubo has taken the time to develop their bond and relationship. The mutual worry, the trust, and the understanding between the two is something he hasn't done with any of his other characters really.

Kubo put the jealousy scene in to show how someone who loves Ichigo feels about her jealousy of their relationship. If it wasn't important, it wouldn't have been included.

As for the 'light' thing, isn't it strange that Kubo is constantly asked about Rukia and Ichigo's relationship and what they mean to each other, yet nothing is asked about Ichigo and Inoue? I take her being his 'light' in a romantic sense because before Rukia he was depressed and angry at the world. Now, because of her he has the ability to protect and defend those he loves. She is also the only person that can talk sense into him.

In closing, do you want a scene where Kubo hinted at IchiRuki (one of many)? The bedroom scene, where Karin and Yuzu ask permission from Rukia if they can come into his room and eat. They even brought her food as well. That's not something you'd ask a sister or a family member. Obviously Karin and Yuzu believe that Rukia is not just a normal friend or nakama to Ichigo (Strange, just like Inoue said!)

Honestly, who cares? I don't see evidence of IchiOri becoming canon anywhere. The relationship is going to need ALOT of development before it comes close to the bond that IchiRuki and RenRuki share.
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 16:52   Link #1098
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I usually don't like debating on the internet, cause I suck at it, but I'll do my best to impress Kakashi and HT kun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Karin was being crass like she usually is. We don't have any real reason to take Karin's words at heart.
It sounds as if that comment was foreshadowing a moment, where Ichigo takes Orihime home one day, and surprises them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
I don't remember anything from the SS arc where anyone thought Inoue was Ichigo's girlfriend.
Spoiler for chapter 76:


Aww isn't that so cute? I think the anime cut it, since they like to cut Orihime scenes for some reason. Which is just so rude of them. I mean why cut out scenes, when you want to drag out the anime as much as you can so it wont catch up to the manga? Studio Pierrot is so ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Shinji was joking around with Ichigo, and it wasn't what made Ichigo upset in the first place. It was because Shinji had attacked Ichigo the previous night and come into school acting all cheerful like nothing had happened. The scene was put in for Shinji to tell Ichigo how his friends were going to abandon him when they found out about his hollow. Lo and behold, Inoue is the first friend to actually see his mask and she is scared of it.
Then why was Ichigo so quick to change the subject? Shinji was like "you'll never get a girl like Orihime" And Ichigo tells him he's wrong and changes the subject immediately. I'm not going to get into the mask thing, cause people are expecting Orihime to be the mary sue she is in every scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
I still don't see the connection between Orihime and Ichigo's mother. We don't know much about her. People make these claims but we don't know much of anything, especially her personality. Why are you also using Inoue having an umbrella as a reason IchiHime might happen? Inoue was out in the rain, and isn't it a normal reaction to bring an umbrella when it's raining?
Spoiler for pics:


See the similarity? Orihime is also the best match, personality wise, to his mother, the only woman in the story that we know without doubt that Ichigo loves. I think that is also a very important point because it indicates traits that Ichigo could potentially find attractive. It is common for boys to go for girls who are similar to their mother. The umbrella thing is important because both Orihime and Masaki are the only ones who've held an umbrella in the entire series. Yes people bring umbrellas when it is raining, but why have Orihime in that chapter?

What's ODD is that whole arc is in Volume 3 with Orihime on the cover. Why Orihime? What's she got to do with Ichigo fighting the hollow that killed his mother?

Also, Ichigo's promise to protect Orihime is similar to the one he made to protect his mother is that it's the only other time we've gotten a direct vow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
The pilot was rejected and Kubo has come so far with Bleach. Also, the actual manga differs from the pilot because if you actually look at it, Rukia isn't exactly a main character. It looks more like her playing matchmaker for Ichigo and Orihime. Ichigo is also aware of Inoue's feelings for him in the pilot. This isn't what it's like in the actual manga. Rukia isn't a matchmaker for IchiOri, contrary to popular belief, and Ichigo is still as oblivious as ever to her feelings.
Why are people thinking it got rejected cause of Ichihime? And I can give a thousand reasons how Rukia is a matchmaker for Ichihime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
As for the IchiRuki side of things, most people argue/like IchiRuki because Kubo has taken the time to develop their bond and relationship. The mutual worry, the trust, and the understanding between the two is something he hasn't done with any of his other characters really.
Kubo has developed Orihime's feelings for him throughout the manga. To me, Ichihime is enjoyable because the characters seem to be slowly appreciating one another more and more, and they have potential to make at the very least, a very close friendship, and the makings of a good romantic relationship.

We saw how Orihime was able to relate to Ichigo because he lost the center of his universe like she did. We also learn why Ichigo was able to relate to Orihime back in chapters 3 when he saw her carry her dying brother on her back. They have something in common that no other character can relate to. Another interesting thing is that both people they love either became a hollow or was used by a hollow. Sora turned into a hollow and almost killed her. Grand Fisher used the face of Ichigo's mom to try to kill him as well. Kubo made their stories so similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Kubo put the jealousy scene in to show how someone who loves Ichigo feels about her jealousy of their relationship. If it wasn't important, it wouldn't have been included.
Orihime says she's ugly, Orihime say's Ichigo doesn't need her, is she always right? No. Currently, she's just learning how important she is to Ichigo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
As for the 'light' thing, isn't it strange that Kubo is constantly asked about Rukia and Ichigo's relationship and what they mean to each other, yet nothing is asked about Ichigo and Inoue? I take her being his 'light' in a romantic sense because before Rukia he was depressed and angry at the world. Now, because of her he has the ability to protect and defend those he loves. She is also the only person that can talk sense into him.
She can also "guide" him to Orihime, which she does pretty often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
In closing, do you want a scene where Kubo hinted at IchiRuki (one of many)? The bedroom scene, where Karin and Yuzu ask permission from Rukia if they can come into his room and eat. They even brought her food as well. That's not something you'd ask a sister or a family member. Obviously Karin and Yuzu believe that Rukia is not just a normal friend or nakama to Ichigo (Strange, just like Inoue said!)
What? Weren't they just being polite since they don't really know Rukia that well? You're weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Honestly, who cares? I don't see evidence of IchiOri becoming canon anywhere. The relationship is going to need ALOT of development before it comes close to the bond that IchiRuki and RenRuki share.
There's alot of evidence for Ichihime cowboy, you just have to tuning out everytime they have an intimate scene together.

I hope I did good! I'm just an apprentice after all!

Last edited by Scarlett_Rain55; 2008-11-05 at 20:01.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 22:18   Link #1099
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
[QUOTE=Scarlett_Rain55;2036706]I usually don't like debating on the internet, cause I suck at it, but I'll do my best to impress Kakashi and HT kun!



Quote:
It sounds as if that comment was foreshadowing a moment, where Ichigo takes Orihime home one day, and surprises them all.
No, she was being crass and sarcastic. Yuzu and Isshin were snooping in on Ichigo's conversation with Rukia in his room. She was trying to distract them and get them away from his door.



Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 76:


Aww isn't that so cute? I think the anime cut it, since they like to cut Orihime scenes for some reason. Which is just so rude of them. I mean why cut out scenes, when you want to drag out the anime as much as you can so it wont catch up to the manga? Studio Pierrot is so ugh!
Eh? Didn't see anything in that scene where anyone thought that Inoue was Ichigo's girlfriend.



Quote:
Then why was Ichigo so quick to change the subject? Shinji was like "you'll never get a girl like Orihime" And Ichigo tells him he's wrong and changes the subject immediately. I'm not going to get into the mask thing, cause people are expecting Orihime to be the mary sue she is in every scene.
He was quick to change the subject because he knew Shinji was skirting around the real issue at hand and bullshiting with Ichigo. It wasn't because Ichigo was secretly in love with Inoue and didn't want it brought up



Spoiler for pics:


Quote:
See the similarity? Orihime is also the best match, personality wise, to his mother, the only woman in the story that we know without doubt that Ichigo loves. I think that is also a very important point because it indicates traits that Ichigo could potentially find attractive. It is common for boys to go for girls who are similar to their mother. The umbrella thing is important because both Orihime and Masaki are the only ones who've held an umbrella in the entire series. Yes people bring umbrellas when it is raining, but why have Orihime in that chapter?

What's ODD is that whole arc is in Volume 3 with Orihime on the cover. Why Orihime? What's she got to do with Ichigo fighting the hollow that killed his mother?

Also, Ichigo's promise to protect Orihime is similar to the one he made to protect his mother is that it's the only other time we've gotten a direct vow.
Once again, you can't make that connection. We know next to NOTHING about Masaki's personality. People just like making the connection because they look allike physically. When there is an actual similarity other than a physical one (which is pretty creepy ), feel free to expound on it.


Quote:
Why are people thinking it got rejected cause of Ichihime? And I can give a thousand reasons how Rukia is a matchmaker for Ichihime.
Please point to one scene other than the scene where she makes Ichigo apologize to Inoue as a matchmaking scene. She isn't a matchmaker because it's not something liable to happen because 1) Everything we know about Rukia doesn't fit with the matchmaker type, and 2) They are in the middle of a war, which makes it retarded for that to happen. Also, there is the very likely scenario that Rukia likes Ichigo herself.



Quote:
Kubo has developed Orihime's feelings for him throughout the manga. To me, Ichihime is enjoyable because the characters seem to be slowly appreciating one another more and more, and they have potential to make at the very least, a very close friendship, and the makings of a good romantic relationship
.

They have been developed because it is a constant inner conflict that affects Inoue's decisions. She is learning from her mistakes and growing. I fail to see how this points to Kubo setting up Inoue and Ichigo together.

Quote:
We saw how Orihime was able to relate to Ichigo because he lost the center of his universe like she did. We also learn why Ichigo was able to relate to Orihime back in chapters 3 when he saw her carry her dying brother on her back. They have something in common that no other character can relate to. Another interesting thing is that both people they love either became a hollow or was used by a hollow. Sora turned into a hollow and almost killed her. Grand Fisher used the face of Ichigo's mom to try to kill him as well. Kubo made their stories so similar.
Ichigo's mother was killed by a hollow, Kaien was killed by a hollow, Sora wasn't. Those aren't similar incidents. They are related slightly but only Rukia and Ichigo's experiences are shared (Memories in the Rain).



Quote:
Orihime says she's ugly, Orihime say's Ichigo doesn't need her, is she always right? No. Currently, she's just learning how important she is to Ichigo.
As the person who constantly denotes Rukia's importance to Ichigo, her being in love with him, I'd say we could trust Inoue's words.



Quote:
She can also "guide" him to Orihime, which she does pretty often.
No she doesn't. She has brought Ichigo to Inoue once, and it was to get him to stop sulking over failiing his friends.


Quote:
What? Weren't they just being polite since they don't really know Rukia that well? You're weird!
Why would you ask someone that you don't know in YOUR OWN HOUSE if you could eat with them in your brother's room? They don't have any qualms about busting in Ichigo's room in previous occasions.



Quote:
There's alot of evidence for Ichihime cowboy, you just have to tuning out everytime they have an intimate scene together.
Sure there is, and it's all debatable, just like alot of evidence for IchiRuki. The only deciding factor is, Ichigo and Rukia's bond is close enough for the next step in their relationship, while Ichigo and Inoue's isn't at the current time.

How about we wait till the Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fight to decide hmm?
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 20:34   Link #1100
kitkit
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In my room
Kurosaki and Rukia!!1

I hate Orihime, she's such a drama queen :P
kitkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.