AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-11-16, 18:06   Link #1
EromCX
Banned

Making new characters?

I've always asked this to myself, when anime producers create new characters they have any way to know if the individual character traces they have in mind already exists?
Probably there are billions of anime characters and the probability of repeating characters is not that low is it?

Since each character idea is protected by copyright the one repeating the character would have to face law consequences for an involuntary act?
EromCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 18:40   Link #2
SinsI

Nah, you can copy all you want unless you give the character exactly the same name and trace his visuals from the original - it is the concrete realisation that is copyrightable, not the generic idea of some character type.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 20:19   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Actually copyright only protect against theft of design, not idea. You can't copyright an idea, you can patent a design though.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote