AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-08, 10:01   Link #221
Celestial
妹ちゃん
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Re-upping for mod-ignored approval...
Or if that's too subjective, a general antagonist thread would do fine too
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 13:18   Link #222
Kelrys
Same old same
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HRL
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
How bout an A-Laws thread to discuss their characters? Louise, Soma and Andrei will benefit from it.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 10:07   Link #223
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Look, the idea about creating threads for individual characters is because there's either a lot of discussion about them or because there's a lot of focus on them in the show. Until a thread is created, you can use the General Character Discussion Thread to talk about those individuals. In the last little while, there's only a few posts about any of these characters there, so why would there be a need for more specialized threads?

As for the case of Graham, I'll put up a thread when either people talk about him more, or when he's given more prominence. Otherwise, there's plenty of other threads to talk about him.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 13:50   Link #224
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Threads aren't always about measuring whether or not there's ample discussion (That's what sub-forums are for), it's also about creating discussion...I don't know about this week since I haven't watched ep 6 yet, but the last 3 weeks I've had countless Mr. Bushido discussions...On his introduction alone the episode thread got totally hijacked with nothing but Bishido discussion (Which is when I first requested the thread to play on that momentum)...How would half the threads on sites get created if we knew in-advance what the post count was gonna wind up being? So you think this forum deserves to have a thread for every main protagonist character, but no main antagonist characters? Do what you will, but I've been known to create threads that spark hella discussions every once in a while...While this isn't that creative of a request, I remember when creating threads had this forum jumping instead of the current static levels of textbook threads I've seen take over...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 14:28   Link #225
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Threads aren't always about measuring whether or not there's ample discussion (That's what sub-forums are for), it's also about creating discussion...I don't know about this week since I haven't watched ep 6 yet, but the last 3 weeks I've had countless Mr. Bushido discussions...On his introduction alone the episode thread got totally hijacked with nothing but Bishido discussion (Which is when I first requested the thread to play on that momentum)...How would half the threads on sites get created if we knew in-advance what the post count was gonna wind up being? So you think this forum deserves to have a thread for every main protagonist character, but no main antagonist characters? Do what you will, but I've been known to create threads that spark hella discussions every once in a while...While this isn't that creative of a request, I remember when creating threads had this forum jumping instead of the current static levels of textbook threads I've seen take over...
Why don't you try reading the above post

No one is stopping you from posting about your favourite antagonist character, we even have a thread for such discussion, it's the General Character Discussion Thread as mentioned above. If there appears to be a a lot of discussion about certain characters then we would consider creating a specific thread but I can't see how anyone is actually stopping you from posting.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 14:59   Link #226
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
When I made the request that's all EVERYBODY in the ep-discussion thread was talking about...When he made his appearance as Mr. Bushido (People were talking about it hijacking the thread)...It was the most contentious topic of the entire thread (His episode 3 appearance)..Not to mention the fact he is featured as the main character's main adversary for this series (Which he basically was as Graham, but now with even more purpose)...I just thought he deserved his own thread, but I digress to TPTB...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 15:45   Link #227
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
When I made the request that's all EVERYBODY in the ep-discussion thread was talking about...When he made his appearance as Mr. Bushido (People were talking about it hijacking the thread)...It was the most contentious topic of the entire thread (His episode 3 appearance)..Not to mention the fact he is featured as the main character's main adversary for this series (Which he basically was as Graham, but now with even more purpose)...I just thought he deserved his own thread, but I digress to TPTB...
It was only a contentuous topic in the sense that people were talking about how silly his name was. In the show itself, he's actually been far less prominent than characters like Lindt or Katie. If you want to discuss Graham, then the General Character thread seems to be a decent place to do so.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 17:11   Link #228
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It was only a contentuous topic in the sense that people were talking about how silly his name was. In the show itself, he's actually been far less prominent than characters like Lindt or Katie. If you want to discuss Graham, then the General Character thread seems to be a decent place to do so.
So I'm lying...It was only about his name and nothing else...I just imagined those hundreds of comments that discussed why he would change into this character (Even the origin of the name is a basis for an evolving discussion)...For Graham to not even have a character discussion thread is mind-boggling to begin with, but whatever I guess I'm wingdarkness...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 10:10   Link #229
Zero_Gravity
The Red Knight
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Manchester, CT
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Zero_Gravity Send a message via MSN to Zero_Gravity Send a message via Yahoo to Zero_Gravity
I was wondering if we could could have a topic entitled:
"Gundam 00 S2 is Zeta Gundam?"

I've seen many many MANY similarities between S2 and Zeta

The biggest obvious being S2's A-Laws being Zeta's Titans, I have about.... 5 different other similarities
__________________
Zero_Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 10:15   Link #230
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Gravity View Post
I was wondering if we could could have a topic entitled:
"Gundam 00 S2 is Zeta Gundam?"

I've seen many many MANY similarities between S2 and Zeta

The biggest obvious being S2's A-Laws being Zeta's Titans, I have about.... 5 different other similarities
Gundam 00 Within the Franchise : Discussion and Comparison
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 11:00   Link #231
Zero_Gravity
The Red Knight
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Manchester, CT
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Zero_Gravity Send a message via MSN to Zero_Gravity Send a message via Yahoo to Zero_Gravity
Well played sir.... >_>

I didn't see the topic
__________________
Zero_Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 22:10   Link #232
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Are we still not gonna having Gundam 00 romance discussion thread or may be Possible romance discussion thread? and what happen to Gundam 00 favourite character poll S2? not gonna have one either?
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 03:08   Link #233
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) View Post
Are we still not gonna having Gundam 00 romance discussion thread or may be Possible romance discussion thread? and what happen to Gundam 00 favourite character poll S2? not gonna have one either?
I think we can safely say that a romance discussion thread will be coming soon. The season 2 fav. character poll will probably come out at the halfway mark.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 14:01   Link #234
oxblud
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
How bout a thread about peoples' fav babes from all the different series?
oxblud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:32   Link #235
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) View Post
Are we still not gonna having Gundam 00 romance discussion thread or may be Possible romance discussion thread? and what happen to Gundam 00 favourite character poll S2? not gonna have one either?
The Season 2 favorite character thread will go up at the midway point.
I think that the time is just about right for a romance thread as well. Give me a list of couples and combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxblud View Post
How bout a thread about peoples' fav babes from all the different series?
Not a bad idea. Give me some names, and I'll put one up.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:40   Link #236
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The Season 2 favorite character thread will go up at the midway point.
I think that the time is just about right for a romance thread as well. Give me a list of couples and combinations.
Setsuna F Seiei x Marina Ismail
Setsuna F Seiei x Nena Trinity
Lockon Stratos(Lyle) x Feldt Grace
Allelujah Haptism x Soma Pieries/Marie Parfacy
Allelujah Haptism x Sumeragi Lee Noriega
Saji Crossroad x Louise Halevy
Andrei Smirnov x Louise Halevy
Billy Katagiri x Sumeragi Lee Noriega
Patrick Colasour x Kati Mannequin
Klaus Grado x Shirin Bakhtiar
Others

these are the only plausible ones I can think of feel free to add to the list.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:51   Link #237
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Not a bad idea. Give me some names, and I'll put one up.
I'll make a list now, and people can easily just add to that.

Mobile Suit Gundam

Sayla Mass
Fraw Bow
Lalah Sune

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Haman Karn
Reccoa Londe
Four Murasame
Emma Sheen
Fa Yuiry

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ

Elle Vianno
Chara Soon
Roux Rouka

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam

Shakti Kareen
Katejina Loos
Lupe Cineau
Fuala Griffon
Marbet Fingerhat
Connie Francis
Helen Jackson
Junko Jenko
Peggy Lee
Mahalia Merril

Mobile Fighter G Gundam

Rain Mikamura
Allenby Beardsley

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Relena Peacecraft
Dorothy Catalonia
Lucrezia Noin

After War Gundam X

Tiffa Adill
Toniya Malme
El Ennil
Sala Tyrrell

Turn A Gundam

Sochie Heim
Kihel Heim
Dianna Soriel

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

Cagalli Yula Athha
Lacus Clyne
Aisha
Flay Allster
Natarle Badgiruel
Murrue Ramius

Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Marina Ismail
Sumeragi Lee Noriega
Wang Liu Mei
Louise Halevy
Felt Grace
Kati Manekin
Soma Peries

Feel free to add who i haven't.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 18:20   Link #238
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Setsuna F Seiei x Marina Ismail
Setsuna F Seiei x Nena Trinity
Lockon Stratos(Lyle) x Feldt Grace
Allelujah Haptism x Soma Pieries/Marie Parfacy
Allelujah Haptism x Sumeragi Lee Noriega
Saji Crossroad x Louise Halevy
Andrei Smirnov x Louise Halevy
Billy Katagiri x Sumeragi Lee Noriega
Patrick Colasour x Kati Mannequin
Klaus Grado x Shirin Bakhtiar
Others

these are the only plausible ones I can think of feel free to add to the list.
I agree with all these I'd also like to add the alternative pairings of:

Shirin Bakhtiar x Marina Ismail
Lockon Stratos x Tieria Erde

I'm no Yaoi fan but even I'll admit that pairing deserves a spot.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 18:36   Link #239
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Please nix the romance thread idea. Personally, it's a stupid idea and it never leads to anything more than SO-AND-SO x A TOILET SEAT.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 18:50   Link #240
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Please nix the romance thread idea. Personally, it's a stupid idea and it never leads to anything more than SO-AND-SO x A TOILET SEAT.
Wth where did the toilet Seat thing come from???

i've never heard that before
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.