AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 44 44.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 28.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 14.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.01%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-18, 11:41   Link #81
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Spoiler for Not Related:


Anyway I wonder if the makers would put such an issue into the anime......
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2008-11-18, 19:59   Link #82
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
The Betamax was absolutely, quantitatively better than VHS - Sony just got whipped in the marketing department.
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2008-11-18, 22:48   Link #83
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Spoiler for School Rumble:
Looks up. Don't remind me of that...

In regards to Nagi being in the closet. Found what was going on because of that far more interesting than what ended up being her reason. I guess any excuse is a good one and in the end let them pull the Sony joke. I don't know why, but keep on saying when I think of this episode "It's a Sony!"
__________________
FlareKnight is online now  
Old 2008-11-18, 23:45   Link #84
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
At the start of the episode I was thinking that Jin actually peeked at her when she is bathing......
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 03:05   Link #85
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
At the start of the episode I was thinking that Jin actually peeked at her when she is bathing......
First, i thought its about anything, that happened in episode 6.
__________________
Solafighter is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 04:45   Link #86
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
At the start of the episode I was thinking that Jin actually peeked at her when she is bathing......
I thought worse, I believed that Jin entered the bath she was in when he said "I thought she would like it."
ayu is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 06:17   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
At the start of the episode I was thinking that Jin actually peeked at her when she is bathing......
I wouldn't be surprised if nearly everyone here thought that was the reason. It was built up to be something like that after the first five minutes or so of the episode.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 07:43   Link #88
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Akiba talks about liking the episode of Lolikko Cutie because it was made by a favorite animation director, whose connections bring in great key animators (sure, that's why he liked it, lol). The actual animation director of this episode, I believe including the Lolikko Cutie part, was Matsuo Yuusuke 松尾祐輔, a former KyoAni animator who did key animation on numerous episodes of FMP:TSR, SHnY, Kanon, and Lucky Star, then left and has done key animation on Daughter of Twenty-Faces, Macross Frontier, and ep1 of this show (up to the end of Jin's carving scene).
The Lolikko Cutie part was storyboarded, directed and animated by Takeuchi Tetsuya by himself. At least the credit technically said it. The remaining problem is whether it was actually "by himself". It indeed looks like it is, though. Uh, where are good key animators except him? I wanted to watch Takeuchi's followers' work as well.

Up to the end of Jin's carving scene? I thought his work was before the OP. I'll have to watch ep1 once more.

What's with Nagi's face after watching Lolikko Cutie? You can't be like her after Takeuchi's episode. lol.
thirdlc is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 09:44   Link #89
nookadum
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Man, I don't know if some of you guys lived through the 1980s, but that "It's a Sony" brings back memories for me.

And for f***ing sakes... Ultraman! LOL! Best filler in any anime ever.

The eel fillet part was also a big reference to another old show. That and "I've always been sorry" and "I really have three lives!". XD

Last edited by nookadum; 2008-11-19 at 09:48. Reason: References...
nookadum is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 10:00   Link #90
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if nearly everyone here thought that was the reason. It was built up to be something like that after the first five minutes or so of the episode.
I thought it was obvious it wasn't anything big or sexual. Because, you know, that'd have made too much sense.


Still, the thought of "surprise sex" did cross my mind, even though I knew that wasn't it. "I thought she'd like it", "Any other day, I could have accepted him"...
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 10:46   Link #91
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Now, this was a great filler episode, in that it still preserved most of what made Kannagi so enjoyable: the humor.
__________________
Myssa Rei is online now  
Old 2008-11-19, 17:50   Link #92
NakedAngelX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto Canada
The "It's Sony" is quite fun hehe
__________________
NakedAngelX is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 03:23   Link #93
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 31
Although Nagi didn't have a lot of screentime, this episode was still hilarious--better with the last part when Nagi walked in on Jin's dramatic speech.

I actually thought Nagi was mad because Jin made a bed out of his closet cuz he thought she would like some private time and she found it insulting. It turned out she was just a spoiled brat, but everyone was on her side. Perks to being an idolized goddess.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 04:18   Link #94
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas USA
Age: 38
Lots of good parts in this filler episode.

Kange giving up all kinds of sexy moves on Jin, via dialog and sounds only. That was great. He lost a quart of blood on that one. But she was still fully dressed so it wasn't extreme.

Nagi fanning herself with a porno mag under her skirt obviously had dual implications. I mean she was going through all of them after all.

The "It's a Sony" gave me a good laugh. I hope they got some marketing funds for doing that. Betamax and Blueray.. it was good.

Tsugumi getting all flustered on Kange putting the moves on Jin. She needs to get some courage and do the same if she expect to win that relationship challenge.

Not bad for a filler. I still think that a goddess like Nagi should have a bit more knowledge about the world in general than she does. I keep expecting some kind of phrase to be said by her that expounds some vast ancient knowledge. Alas we don't get that. Just more bitching.
kilroy0097 is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 05:21   Link #95
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The Betamax was absolutely, quantitatively better than VHS - Sony just got whipped in the marketing department.
Recording time did it in actually.

IT'S....Instant Macaroni
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 05:47   Link #96
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
My family actually still has both a Betamax and VHS player, though in the end we used the VHS more because there were MORE shows available in that format (here in the Philippines anyway) at the local video rentals.

And I chuckled more than a little at Takako's antics. A girl playing galges (or Otome games, ha ha) isn't as odd as it might seem. Heck, I'm one of the more noteworthy examples.
__________________
Myssa Rei is online now  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:27   Link #97
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Ended up giving this episode a "9" but it really wasn't a favorite particularly.

The high points for me were the number of times Tsugumi sticks it to Zange (and then feels guilty) .... somewhat like her "bad little girl""woohoo" moments in the lingerie shop with Nagi.
Vexx is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 02:32   Link #98
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
My fav. moment is Zange saying "my my" to the chaos created by a single cockroach. Though I wonder how many have heard it.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 16:07   Link #99
Oxtail
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
I liken this episode to the "Someday in the Rain" episode of Haruhi. Both were anime original fillers which did not really further the plot in any way, but both were really enjoyable and filled with the type of quirky humor that fans love about the respective shows.
Oxtail is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 16:49   Link #100
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Ooh, thanks for tweaking that memory -- loved that episode in SHnY.

Yeah, this episode is a filler in that it simply broadens the perspective of each character and how they interact. There was just something hilarious about the entire cast sitting "japan-style" (except for Zange of course) in front of the closet.
Vexx is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.