AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 33 Rating
Perfect 10 6 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 23.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-17, 15:45   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Soul Eater - Episode 33 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 33.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2008-11-17, 16:17   Link #2
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep33:
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-11-17, 18:06   Link #3
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep33:
Spoiler for Episode 33:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep33:
Spoiler for :
__________________
Arabesque is offline  
Old 2008-11-17, 21:01   Link #4
NakedAngelX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto Canada
Awesome episode, Maka and Black Star both have pretty bad tempers.

Spoiler for Preview:
__________________
NakedAngelX is offline  
Old 2008-11-18, 00:28   Link #5
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
man do I ever feel special right about now...

was trying to figure out what the song was that played during Black Star and Mifune's fight a few episodes ago...boy do I feel oblivious that it's the new OP that I was looking for...
Mr. DJ is offline  
Old 2008-11-18, 05:17   Link #6
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
SH*T Black Star! You made Maka cry like that why you !!
Stein go insane! *dances* so scary! I closed my eyes when he reflected himself in the mirror.

please ignore my opinion. Now I don't like Black Star even more sorry for Black Star's fans out there.
Reincarnated is offline  
Old 2008-11-18, 06:25   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quite a stretched episode imo but it wasn't all bad, just normal.

I think this series really shines when it gets to the action parts so I can't wait for the battle for the brew scenes to come up next week.

But this episode did show some interesting development for Stein...and Maka taking a hit from Black Star
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2008-11-18, 13:53   Link #8
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Oh man the first 3 mins I was having a fangirl moment

Spoiler for epi 33:
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline  
Old 2008-11-18, 18:33   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Oh man the first 3 mins I was having a fangirl moment

Spoiler for epi 33:
Think it went fine with Kid and Maka since they really don't have any issues. They get along fine and wouldn't have that much of a problem getting in sync. Issues between Maka and Black Star were serious enough to make a combination impossible. Just glad it worked out in the end which was a pretty nice moment to watch happen.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-11-18, 21:54   Link #10
Captain Roronoa Zoro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: somewhere.....
ha! finally i cant stand maka and her goody two shoes attitude...go blackstar!
Captain Roronoa Zoro is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 08:19   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Oh man the first 3 mins I was having a fangirl moment
Yeah that was a pretty damn good scene, along with him loosing it in the woods. One of my main interest in this show now is waiting to see what happens with Stein, and it could be at any moment.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 15:16   Link #12
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
finally this episode came i was waiting ever since i read it in the manga...

i have to argue with that comments... yea blackstar is strong but he still a dick... i dont really see maka as the goody two shoes at all... if u pay attention she is the only one who has to struggle to become strong..even though she started off in the series almost making soul a death scythe? how ironic that she is one of the weakest now? but im only saying that cuz i like maka more then blackstar... i would say out of all the pairs he has to be my 4th favorite..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
ha! finally i cant stand maka and her goody two shoes attitude...go blackstar!
crystalalien87 is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 16:12   Link #13
Captain Roronoa Zoro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: somewhere.....
telling stein on blackstar when she could of just tryed to work with him first and then crying about it when she didnt get her way.... tht just pisses me off
Captain Roronoa Zoro is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 16:15   Link #14
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
finally this episode came i was waiting ever since i read it in the manga...

i have to argue with that comments... yea blackstar is strong but he still a dick... i dont really see maka as the goody two shoes at all... if u pay attention she is the only one who has to struggle to become strong..even though she started off in the series almost making soul a death scythe? how ironic that she is one of the weakest now? but im only saying that cuz i like maka more then blackstar... i would say out of all the pairs he has to be my 4th favorite..
Well good thing is everyone having their own view on the characters. Might get a bit boring otherwise. Though I'd disagree that Black Star hasn't had to struggle. Its not like he got strong from laying on a coach eating chips. The guy trained his ass off and has gotten the reward of that hard work by being in excellent shape. The Fey Blade has been a difficult journey and he still hasn't mastered it. Maka has definitely put in the effort or she and Soul wouldn't have been 1 soul away from the goal.

I wouldn't call them weak as a team. The Black Blood makes things difficult overall. But if Maka can keep her head steady and fight to her ability she can do really well. Just a different set of skills and fighting style compared to Black Star. Though in the end not sure what being a goody two shoes has to do with work ethic.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 17:14   Link #15
lmd_84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Reading, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
finally this episode came i was waiting ever since i read it in the manga...

i have to argue with that comments... yea blackstar is strong but he still a dick... i dont really see maka as the goody two shoes at all... if u pay attention she is the only one who has to struggle to become strong..even though she started off in the series almost making soul a death scythe? how ironic that she is one of the weakest now? but im only saying that cuz i like maka more then blackstar... i would say out of all the pairs he has to be my 4th favorite..
Weakness is a matter of perspective. What Maka lacks in physical strength, she makes up for in other ways. Which is one of the reasons why she and Black Star didn't get on here. Maka is determined to succeed because she wants to protect people. For the most part all Black Star is determined to do is become powerful. Period.

I can see why Maka, who has a goal that's on occasion put her own safety at risk for the sake of others, finds Black Star's apparent single-mindedness so aggravating. Neither of them reacted well here, but I'm with Maka on this one.
lmd_84 is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 19:32   Link #16
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nekomi City, Chiba Prefecture,Japan
Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Isn't Maka technically the weakest since she can't properly even pull of Resonance yet?
I mean, we have yet to see Witch Hunting even connect when she does it,right?
I do think she's probably the smartest and best strategist, so her being the leader makes the most sense, but it'd be pretty easy to have doubts about trusting to life to someone clearly weaker than you. B*S's attitude is a little mean, but it's understandable.

Not to mention, Maka and Soul seem to have tons of problems ever getting on the same page during battles which is like fighting with one arm tied behind your back while Kid and B*S seem to be totally in sync with their partners. Say what you will about his attitude, B*S consistantly saves Maka's ass during pretty much every single group battle.
Keiichi_chan is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 20:45   Link #17
Captain Roronoa Zoro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: somewhere.....
if anyone should be leader it should be kid
Captain Roronoa Zoro is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 21:12   Link #18
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
telling stein on blackstar when she could of just tryed to work with him first and then crying about it when she didnt get her way.... tht just pisses me off
She did mutiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
Isn't Maka technically the weakest since she can't properly even pull of Resonance yet?
I mean, we have yet to see Witch Hunting even connect when she does it,right?
That was only back in episode 4. She's able use Witch Hunter just fine since than. See Free and Crona's fights.

Quote:
I do think she's probably the smartest and best strategist, so her being the leader makes the most sense, but it'd be pretty easy to have doubts about trusting to life to someone clearly weaker than you. B*S's attitude is a little mean, but it's understandable.
But, that wasn't what the issue was about, since Stein didn't choose her as until after training was complete, also she isn't far him in strength anyway.

Quote:
Not to mention, Maka and Soul seem to have tons of problems ever getting on the same page during battles which is like fighting with one arm tied behind your back while Kid and B*S seem to be totally in sync with their partners. Say what you will about his attitude, B*S consistantly saves Maka's ass during pretty much every single group battle.
Not really, while they do argue sometimes they usually have the same mind about what their doing. B*S saving Maka in group battles isn't true at all. In the fight with Sid, Maka most dodged Sid's attacks whil B*S got knock around and at the end, he used Trap Star without warring trappping her and Sid together. During the Free fight he completely useless until the end of the Battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
if anyone should be leader it should be kid
I love Kid, but he's got too many issues to ever be the Leader of anything.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-11-19 at 22:08.
Iron Maw is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 22:01   Link #19
JunkKitty
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
Isn't Maka technically the weakest since she can't properly even pull of Resonance yet?
I mean, we have yet to see Witch Hunting even connect when she does it,right?
Bu--wha? She was the first we saw pull off Resonance, and it was remarked (mutiple times) that they managed it surprisingly young.
Since the first "successful" attempt against Stein (he was, obviously, simply stronger), she's used it against Free (an immortal), Chrona (impervious to cutting attacks), and in another fight that is a spoiler here.

Sorry that this ended up as a rant, but Maka can use Witchhunter just fine, she has pretty much only faced unusually major opponents that most Shibusen students have never had to cross with. Its bad luck (or, in truth, being the main characters), not lack of skill or ability.

Its totally different from Black*Star, who's solo fights have ONLY been against a guy who hasn't been fighting him seriously and doesn't want to kill him either. MAJOR contrast. Maybe it's time to point out that B*S has only won 2 fights in the entire series so far, and both of them were fake fights. B*S has no leg to stand on, he's only all macho facade who hasn't really even brought his hyped-up strength to the table yet. It's a bit funny how he's been more successful as support so far, rather than as the all-powerful attacker he's supposed to be.

I think anyone wanting to understand why there's such a rift between Maka and B*S right now would do well to go back and review the Free and Anniversary battles where B*S was useless but Maka pushed herself way beyond where she had been and gained some achievements. There's understandable angst there.
JunkKitty is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 22:39   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkKitty View Post
Its totally different from Black*Star, who's solo fights have ONLY been against a guy who hasn't been fighting him seriously and doesn't want to kill him either. MAJOR contrast. Maybe it's time to point out that B*S has only won 2 fights in the entire series so far, and both of them were fake fights. B*S has no leg to stand on, he's only all macho facade who hasn't really even brought his hyped-up strength to the table yet. It's a bit funny how he's been more successful as support so far, rather than as the all-powerful attacker he's supposed to be.
Wow had I had idea Masamune didn't want to kill Black Star . You know since the shadow attacks seemed like they were an attempt to kill. Seemed like a real fight to me, both sides using weapons trying to take each other out.
Quote:
I think anyone wanting to understand why there's such a rift between Maka and B*S right now would do well to go back and review the Free and Anniversary battles where B*S was useless but Maka pushed herself way beyond where she had been and gained some achievements. There's understandable angst there.
Honestly that's a bit over the top amount of hate being pointed at Black Star. No doubt Black Star messed up with the Free bridge battle. Was reckless to use an ability with a time limit like that instead of going with normal methods first. Though Maka was pretty foolish and almost got herself killed as well. If Tsubaki hadn't dealt with her and Soul that bridge battle would have been a disaster. Really we should be giving the achievement to Tsubaki for dealing with all of them . But your right throwing Tsubaki to cut off Free's arm and thus save Maka from falling to her death was totally useless. He should have just sat there . Maka definitely pulled it together and at the end of the day got the job done. But would go a bit far to say both she and Black Star were perfect on that bridge.

They didn't stop the resurrection, but useless is just taking the bias overboard. Part of the blame is with Maka as it is for letting her personal grudges go over the set up plan. With the ability to attack with his soul waves Black Star likely could have won that fight faster and the three of them could have gone in there to stop Free and Eruka. Besides Black Star got Kid from ripping his head off when his disorder kicked in. Kind of funny how Maka pushing herself beyond her limits is an achievement and yet Black Star pushing his body beyond the limits to try and stop Eruka is being useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
But, that wasn't what the issue was about, since Stein didn't choose her as until after training was complete, also she isn't far him in strength anyway.
Maka has her strengths and works well with them. Maybe pure power (minus the Black Blood mode) isn't quite at the same level as Black Star. But she has good agility and can swing Soul with more than enough force. Some people work well leading a group and some don't. It was the right call at the end of the day.
Quote:
Not really, while they do argue sometimes they usually have the same mind about what their doing. B*S saving Maka in group battles isn't true at all. In the fight with Sid, Maka most dodged Sid's attacks while B*S got knock around and at the end, he used Trap Star without warring trappping her and Sid together. During the Free fight he completely useless until the end of the Battle.
Thought they worked well as a team in that Sid battle. Maka definitely did a better job avoiding hits. Didn't charge in recklessly more than once from what I can remember. Would recommend re-watching the Sid fight though since Black Star did help Maka out a handful of times in the fight. Besides if we're going to fault Black Star for trapping an ally with Sid, have to give Maka a minus for almost killing her ally when messing up the Witch Hunter.
Quote:
I love Kid, but he's got too many issues to ever be the Leader of anything.
The fun irony there is he'll probably be leading all of Shibusen some day when he takes over as Shinigami . Agree he needs to avoid having breakdowns in the middle of a situation before he can be leading. Besides think its the right call for leader of the group.

Anyways in the end I'll admit to having my bias. Though trying to see the both sides with Maka and Black Star.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.