AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 33 Rating
Perfect 10 6 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 23.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-19, 23:40   Link #21
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Well since I'm siding with Maka , I have to say her being jealous just because she can't understand , why a fool (ehm no flame) like Black*Star can be stronger just with physical practice , yet she struggled so hard to fight to be stronger but can't beat him yet. (aside from her smart way to find enemy's weakness when she attack + witch hunter + black blood)

I do love her for being jealous , reminded me that she is still a child , and have a bad side too. Can't say much either. She is a girl , so maybe that's why she's so emotional
Reincarnated is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 23:52   Link #22
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But your right throwing Tsubaki to cut off Free's arm and thus save Maka from falling to her death was totally useless. He should have just sat there . Maka definitely pulled it together and at the end of the day got the job done. But would go a bit far to say both she and Black Star were perfect on that bridge.
I did say "until the end". So I did acknowledged him for his part.

Quote:
They didn't stop the resurrection, but useless is just taking the bias overboard. Part of the blame is with Maka as it is for letting her personal grudges go over the set up plan. With the ability to attack with his soul waves Black Star likely could have won that fight faster and the three of them could have gone in there to stop Free and Eruka. Besides Black Star got Kid from ripping his head off when his disorder kicked in. Kind of funny how Maka pushing herself beyond her limits is an achievement and yet Black Star pushing his body beyond the limits to try and stop Eruka is being useless.
I never said B*S wasn't ever strong or, useful. My point is B*S isn't perfect either.

Quote:
Maka has her strengths and works well with them. Maybe pure power (minus the Black Blood mode) isn't quite at the same level as Black Star. But she has good agility and can swing Soul with more than enough force. Some people work well leading a group and some don't. It was the right call at the end of the day.Thought they worked well as a team in that Sid battle. Maka definitely did a better job avoiding hits. Didn't charge in recklessly more than once from what I can remember. Would recommend re-watching the Sid fight though since Black Star did help Maka out a handful of times in the fight. Besides if we're going to fault Black Star for trapping an ally with Sid, have to give Maka a minus for almost killing her ally when messing up the Witch Hunter. The fun irony there is he'll probably be leading all of Shibusen some day when he takes over as Shinigami . Agree he needs to avoid having breakdowns in the middle of a situation before he can be leading. Besides think its the right call for leader of the group.
I actually, credit B*S overall with the Sid fight since he did catch him in the end despite mishaps.

Quote:
Anyways in the end I'll admit to having my bias. Though trying to see the both sides with Maka and Black Star.
There isn't anything wrong with favoring another character as long as you don't let it cloud your judgement. B*S is probably the strongest overall at this point, but that does not make him infallible nor, the others weak.
Iron Maw is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 07:09   Link #23
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
A good episode. Not the best since not much happened, IMO.

I feel bad for Stein. He knows he's going mad, but can't do anything to stop it, nor does he know what to do at all. I wonder if the SHinigami is fully aware of his situation. I dougt it because he probably doesn't know about Medusa's revival nor the Snake Medusa managed to sneak into Marie's system.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 12:21   Link #24
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Age: 33
Hmm, nobody has made a big deal over Black*Star hitting Maka yet.

Ah good. That is a comforting sign that (on these forums, at least) that society is REALLY becoming more sexually egalitarian.
__________________
My Star-Wars-Mai-Hime Music Video!! Star Wars Springer!!

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Ronin Aquila is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:26   Link #25
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nekomi City, Chiba Prefecture,Japan
Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
She did mutiple times.
There's a difference between talking it out with someone and what Maka did.
She basically blamed him for everything(when it was in part her fault,too) and then yelled at him to stop screwing it up. Noone would respond to that well. And B*S complained about Maka being leader but he didnt sink so low to try and TELL ON HER, thus getting her thrown out of the class. That was pretty underhanded.

Quote:
Not really, while they do argue sometimes they usually have the same mind about what their doing. B*S saving Maka in group battles isn't true at all. In the fight with Sid, Maka most dodged Sid's attacks whil B*S got knock around and at the end, he used Trap Star without warring trappping her and Sid together. During the Free fight he completely useless until the end of the Battle.
When Maka tripped during Witch Hunting and Sid was gonna finish her off, B*S stepped in and saved her kneck. That's not exactly useless, is it?

And "fake" fight or not, ALL the enemies B*S fought were at the least fighting to injure their opponent at least and failed against him. It's not like Mifune was trying to tickle him into submission. He was trying to cripple or knock him unconscious so he'd stopped fighting but couldn't. The same goes for Sid and Frankenstein. Not to mention B*S being able to harness ANOTHER weapon inside of Tsubaki AND being able to use his wavelength without a weapon at all. Like the Shinigami said, he's clearly a fighting prodigy. When it comes to brains and focus, he comes up short, but when it comes to sheer skill, he's at the top.
Keiichi_chan is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 18:30   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Hmm, nobody has made a big deal over Black*Star hitting Maka yet.

Ah good. That is a comforting sign that (on these forums, at least) that society is REALLY becoming more sexually egalitarian.
Its really a beautiful thing. Guys hitting girls, girls hitting guys guess that's some kind of equality . Probably helped that Maka literally asked for it. Though might be best if Maka and Black Star in the future find better ways to settle things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
A good episode. Not the best since not much happened, IMO.

I feel bad for Stein. He knows he's going mad, but can't do anything to stop it, nor does he know what to do at all. I wonder if the SHinigami is fully aware of his situation. I dougt it because he probably doesn't know about Medusa's revival nor the Snake Medusa managed to sneak into Marie's system.
Well I think Shinigami is probably aware that Stein is nearing his limits. But maybe the thinking is that its best to use Stein much as possible before that point. Honestly don't know what kind of plan is in place anyways for when that point is reached. Do they intend to just lock him up until Asura is taken down and hopefully the insanity level drops?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
There isn't anything wrong with favoring another character as long as you don't let it cloud your judgement. B*S is probably the strongest overall at this point, but that does not make him infallible nor, the others weak.
Agree with you completely there. He can definitely screw up with the best of them. Was careless against Mifune in the first fight, used the Fey Blade when he shouldn't have against Free, and got a nasty hit when using the Speed Star against Masamune. When he's focused can be an excellent attacker overall. Just a question of using his head. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses I think. Long as we remember that things will turn out fine.
__________________

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-11-20 at 18:49.
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 20:32   Link #27
Jehuty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Kidd is able to resonate with anyone without a single problem because he's Shinigami's son. FFS he was out killing powerful monsters on his own and he's one of the few to use not one but two weapons with absolute ease. His expertise will allow him to resonate with anyone, no matter who it is. His fault lies in his obsession with symmetry, so he cannot be the leader.

Maka would probably be the best strategist, but I do feel she's the weaker of the 3. I just wish they would make her out to be as awesome as she seemed in the first episode. But, she is more able to keep a cool head when she's in incredibly dangerous situations, so her leadership role is indeed fitting for her.

Black Star, though... man. He's got untapped potential within him, but apparently there is also a very deep evil within him. However, it *is* the best attacker of all, as he's the only one to actually land punches on opponents (Stein, Sid). But he's too rash to be leading anything ever. Using him as the main attacker and support (ninja skills!) is what suits him best.

The whole animosity between the two seemed off to me though. Granted, they resolve it, but still... It just felt forced.
__________________
"Sore de zenbun owari da" - Yasu, from NANA.
Jehuty is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 21:07   Link #28
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Penn's Woods
Age: 24
Why do you say Black Star is evil? Sure he's impulsive and selfish at times, but I've yet to see him do anything outright malicious...
Hisago is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 22:05   Link #29
Seraphis
Seldom Everything
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I really liked this episode for some reason. Soul Eater is the only anime in which I watch 100% of each episode. The OP, all of the episode and the ED + preview without skipping any part.

I agree with Black Star, Maka was as selfish as him during that test.

@ The guy said Black Star hasn't won many fights: Wasn't he going around challenging most of Shibusens meisters to duels, and is as of yet undefeated?
Seraphis is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 22:57   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Teacher's f*&ing pet...
Guardian Enzo is online now  
Old 2008-11-21, 00:06   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphis View Post
I really liked this episode for some reason. Soul Eater is the only anime in which I watch 100% of each episode. The OP, all of the episode and the ED + preview without skipping any part.

I agree with Black Star, Maka was as selfish as him during that test.

@ The guy said Black Star hasn't won many fights: Wasn't he going around challenging most of Shibusens meisters to duels, and is as of yet undefeated?
Oddly enough even I forgot about that. Probably since we were just told about them and only saw him beat Ox. But is true that he's been going around fighting Meister teams by himself which isn't a bad accomplishment no matter who he has been fighting.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 05:22   Link #32
lmd_84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Reading, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
Kidd is able to resonate with anyone without a single problem because he's Shinigami's son. FFS he was out killing powerful monsters on his own and he's one of the few to use not one but two weapons with absolute ease. His expertise will allow him to resonate with anyone, no matter who it is. His fault lies in his obsession with symmetry, so he cannot be the leader.

Maka would probably be the best strategist, but I do feel she's the weaker of the 3. I just wish they would make her out to be as awesome as she seemed in the first episode. But, she is more able to keep a cool head when she's in incredibly dangerous situations, so her leadership role is indeed fitting for her.

Black Star, though... man. He's got untapped potential within him, but apparently there is also a very deep evil within him. However, it *is* the best attacker of all, as he's the only one to actually land punches on opponents (Stein, Sid). But he's too rash to be leading anything ever. Using him as the main attacker and support (ninja skills!) is what suits him best.

The whole animosity between the two seemed off to me though. Granted, they resolve it, but still... It just felt forced.
I don't see Black Star as evil as such. He's single-minded, ambitious, but not intentionally cruel in his determination. He just has trouble accepting that other people's perspectives differ from his, and that he is, at the end of the day, just human.

We don't know Kid can resonate with who he feels like. We just haven't seen it become a problem with him, because despite how he and Liz have their disagreements, it's never gotten to the level of Maka's 'strength' issues a while back.

Indeed, all the little arguments and symmetry issues between Kid and the Thompsons seems to be all surface if we accept what Stein said about the bond of mutual admiration and respect between them. IIRC, there's no indication that he can resonate with any Weapon/Tech just because he's a shinigami.

@FlareKnight - On the one hand, I think generally a Tech being able to fight on his/her own is a good thing. On the other, knowing how important resonance between team-members is in battle, I'm not sure Black Star abandoning Tsubaki for the sake of his own ambition/power is entirely a good thing.

He just doesn't know when to back down, and the fact he's now leaving her behind at a point when they need to be able to cooperate in order to face the presence inside Tsubaki leads me to think that he might be making a mistake here.
lmd_84 is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 07:25   Link #33
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
There's a difference between talking it out with someone and what Maka did.
She basically blamed him for everything(when it was in part her fault,too) and then yelled at him to stop screwing it up. Noone would respond to that well. And B*S complained about Maka being leader but he didnt sink so low to try and TELL ON HER, thus getting her thrown out of the class. That was pretty underhanded..
Except it was mostly his fault and he went far to say he didn't need to do lesson because he's "God" after failing instead admitting his mistake. Does that sound like someone who can be reason with? He'll rarely ever accept anyones view, but his own. Look at how he attacked Kid back in episode 6 for something as petty as more people talking him than himself.

I can easily see why Maka did what she did. She did go too far when she punched him as she let anger get the better of her making her not too much better than him.

B*S's character is one that does not like to make compromises, it's his way or, no way. Everyone who know him knows that. It's reason why Soul won't work with him and Tsubaki can. I like the fact that he has ambition and drive but, if he keeps up single minded view he has it's going to hard for him to from relationships with anyone. It also liable to get him or, Tsubaki killed.


Quote:
When Maka tripped during Witch Hunting and Sid was gonna finish her off, B*S stepped in and saved her kneck. That's not exactly useless, is it?
That never happend. Sid actually went underground afterward, out fear of Witch Hunter, and attacked Maka from there.

Quote:
And "fake" fight or not, ALL the enemies B*S fought were at the least fighting to injure their opponent at least and failed against him. It's not like Mifune was trying to tickle him into submission.
I agree that B*S had beaten Mifune the first time regardless of whether he was holding back at that point, it's Mifune's fault for taking him lightly.

Quote:
He was trying to cripple or knock him unconscious so he'd stopped fighting but couldn't. The same goes for Sid and Frankenstein.
Actually, Stein did knock him out and we already know Sid wasn't even serious with them back then.

Quote:
Not to mention B*S being able to harness ANOTHER weapon inside of Tsubaki AND being able to use his wavelength without a weapon at all. Like the Shinigami said, he's clearly a fighting prodigy.
That doesn't mean crap, if he can't do his job or, keeps charging head long at opponent due to being arrogrant than being beat up.

Shingami has spoke quite highly of all 3 Meisters so, that doesn't make him special there either.

Quote:
When it comes to brains and focus, he comes up short, but when it comes to sheer skill, he's at the top.
I agree for the most part, but unless his view starts broading people weaker and stronger than him will beat him normally. I hope one day Tsubaki can talk some sense to him.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-11-21 at 09:34.
Iron Maw is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 10:18   Link #34
The Monarch of Roses
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
I don't see Black Star as evil as such. He's single-minded, ambitious, but not intentionally cruel in his determination. He just has trouble accepting that other people's perspectives differ from his, and that he is, at the end of the day, just human.

We don't know Kid can resonate with who he feels like. We just haven't seen it become a problem with him, because despite how he and Liz have their disagreements, it's never gotten to the level of Maka's 'strength' issues a while back.

Indeed, all the little arguments and symmetry issues between Kid and the Thompsons seems to be all surface if we accept what Stein said about the bond of mutual admiration and respect between them. IIRC, there's no indication that he can resonate with any Weapon/Tech just because he's a shinigami.

@FlareKnight - On the one hand, I think generally a Tech being able to fight on his/her own is a good thing. On the other, knowing how important resonance between team-members is in battle, I'm not sure Black Star abandoning Tsubaki for the sake of his own ambition/power is entirely a good thing.

He just doesn't know when to back down, and the fact he's now leaving her behind at a point when they need to be able to cooperate in order to face the presence inside Tsubaki leads me to think that he might be making a mistake here.
To me, it doesn't seem as if BS is abandoning Tsubaki so much as he is trying to better himself in order to face the being within Tsubaki. His tireless training is all due to him trying to understand that prescence.
The Monarch of Roses is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 10:27   Link #35
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I thought his training was more in response to losing to Mifune.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-11-21 at 13:08.
Iron Maw is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 13:09   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I thought his training was more in response to losing Mifune.
I think losing to Mifune hit something home to him anyways. Especially in those fights against Mifune it was noted that Tsubaki was an exceptional weapon. The first fight was connected to that in how he wouldn't have lasted so long if she wasn't a strong weapon. They are different but it almost felt like what Maka was trying to do after losing to Chrona. That drive to get stronger and catch up to their weapons. Black Star is probably pushing himself so its not his skill level that causes them to lose. Pushing himself with trying to master the Fey Blade and fighting other meister teams is part of it. Also think Asura being set loose has contributed to the change in him as well.

So I don't think he's trying to abandon Tsubaki. Just that he's trying to strengthen himself separately so when they do fight together they are at a higher level. The meister fights are probably his personal training and then he goes with her to work on grasping that other presence within Tsubaki. Do think its going to lead to a bad situation at some point. Like on the bridge vs Free. Because Maka and Soul couldn't align it could have ended badly. Or when Maka tried to tackle Free who is immortal off a bridge . Now if Black Star wasn't hasty it wouldn't have mattered but I'm trying to focus on that one moment.

At least that's how I'm looking at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Except it was mostly his fault and he went far to say he didn't need to do lesson because he's "God" after failing instead admitting his mistake. Does that sound like someone who can be reason with? He'll rarely ever accept anyones view, but his own. Look at how he attacked Kid back in episode 6 for something as petty as more people talking him than himself.

I can easily see why Maka did what she did. She did go too far when she punched him as she let anger get the better of her making her not too much better than him.
I'd like to see the break down of responsibility in percentages . Since even Stein noticed it wasn't just about Black Star wanting to take lead in the group resonance. It was also due to how Maka has felt about Black Star for a while now. Ever since that fight against Masamune its been sitting under the surface. You can't possibly work out a group resonance if you've got that kind of feeling for one of the other participants sitting in the back of your mind. Both of them messed it up and both weren't likely to accept their role in why it failed. Not like Black Star was the only person in that fight. Kid started it for a stupid reason like minor property damage and SOul really had no reason but decided to fight also. It was a fight of idiots at the end of the day.

Do like slipping that bit in there. Maka throws the first punch but that still makes her better than Black Star is .
Quote:
B*S's character is one that does not like to make compromises, it's his way or, no way. Everyone who know him knows that. It's reason why Soul won't work with him and Tsubaki can. I like the fact that he has ambition and drive but, if he keeps up single minded view he has it's going to hard for him to from relationships with anyone. It also liable to get him or, Tsubaki killed.
Agree Black Star has issues making compromises with people. Though its not like that flaw doesn't fall with Maka at times either. Instead of trying to work things out even if it meant differing a bit she just skipped the whole exercise. At the very least she believed Black Star wouldn't listen to her so she went and tried to get him booted out. I'm really putting them both on equal footing in terms of fault. Not to mention if she doesn't like someone's point of view she'll just hit them over the head to shut them up. Even if you put it in a comical sense that's far from a positive personality trait.

Besides its not like Black Star won't make compromises. If he was like that would have picked a fight with Maka and Chrona in the race to stop Asura from coming back. Instead he realized how important that fight was for her and let her do what she wanted.
__________________

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-11-21 at 13:28.
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 13:35   Link #37
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think losing to Mifune hit something home to him anyways. Especially in those fights against Mifune it was noted that Tsubaki was an exceptional weapon. The first fight was connected to that in how he wouldn't have lasted so long if she wasn't a strong weapon. They are different but it almost felt like what Maka was trying to do after losing to Chrona. That drive to get stronger and catch up to their weapons. Black Star is probably pushing himself so its not his skill level that causes them to lose. Pushing himself with trying to master the Fey Blade and fighting other meister teams is part of it. Also think Asura being set loose has contributed to the change in him as well.
That sounds pretty reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So I don't think he's trying to abandon Tsubaki. Just that he's trying to strengthen himself separately so when they do fight together they are at a higher level. The meister fights are probably his personal training and then he goes with her to work on grasping that other presence within Tsubaki. Do think its going to lead to a bad situation at some point. Like on the bridge vs Free. Because Maka and Soul couldn't align it could have ended badly. Or when Maka tried to tackle Free who is immortal off a bridge . Now if Black Star wasn't hasty it wouldn't have mattered but I'm trying to focus on that one moment.

At least that's how I'm looking at it.
I don't think that will happen. Unlike the Demon in Soul's head, the sword may not be inherently sinister and Tsubaki wants him to master it, she just doesn't want to be left out of the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
At least that's how I'm looking at it.I'd like to see the break down of responsibility in percentages . Since even Stein noticed it wasn't just about Black Star wanting to take lead in the group resonance. It was also due to how Maka has felt about Black Star for a while now. Ever since that fight against Masamune its been sitting under the surface. You can't possibly work out a group resonance if you've got that kind of feeling for one of the other participants sitting in the back of your mind. Both of them messed it up and both weren't likely to accept their role in why it failed.
I didn't say she wasn't part of the problem it just seemed from Stein's comment
he was bigger factor as even Kid was blown away.

However, I don't disagree with what you said.

Quote:
Not like Black Star was the only person in that fight. Kid started it for a stupid reason like minor property damage and SOul really had no reason but decided to fight also. It was a fight of idiots at the end of the day.
Yeah, but I'm just stating that it was his idea.

Quote:
Do like slipping that bit in there. Maka throws the first punch but that still makes her better than Black Star is .
I'm refering to the fact he ended up taunting her into the fight even when he knew tensions were bad instead of ignoring it. Maka doesn't make the deicisons it's Stein who does.

Quote:
Agree Black Star has issues making compromises with people. Though its not like that flaw doesn't fall with Maka at times either. Instead of trying to work things out even if it meant differing a bit she just skipped the whole exercise. At the very least she believed Black Star wouldn't listen to her so she went and tried to get him booted out.
Well, I like said before, they did do it a lot before she got frustrated with him. I'm guessing his comment not needing partnerships/teamwork which what the lesson was about sent her over the edge, and made him sound like a jerk. Remember Stein said he would cut them from his classes they if didn't pass so saying what B*S did doesn't sound like someone who wanted a compromise.

Quote:
I'm really putting them both on equal footing in terms of fault. Not to mention if she doesn't like someone's point of view she'll just hit them over the head to shut them up. Even if you put it in a comical sense that's far from a positive personality trait.
That's true, but she normally isn't like that, anger got the better of her that time.
She did end up making it up to him at the end.

Quote:
Besides its not like Black Star won't make compromises. If he was like that would have picked a fight with Maka and Chrona in the race to stop Asura from coming back. Instead he realized how important that fight was for her and let her do what she wanted.
Okay, I should have said "rarely" makes compromises. Still in the end they both contributed badly to issue, and worked it out at the end.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-11-21 at 15:09.
Iron Maw is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 14:11   Link #38
The Monarch of Roses
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I thought his training was more in response to losing to Mifune.
If you recall Mifune told Black Star that he must try to understand the being within Tsubaki, although; I suppose it could be both.

Mifune:
http://www.onemanga.com/Soul_Eater/28/40/
The Monarch of Roses is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 14:41   Link #39
hina-ichigo
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland (passing time by humming jolly tunes)
Well that was not the best episode really but they cant all totaly fab, wow Maka can scream though shes like a foghorn!
__________________
La la la nobody reads signatures anyway la la la
hina-ichigo is offline  
Old 2008-11-21, 16:17   Link #40
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nekomi City, Chiba Prefecture,Japan
Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
The whole animosity between the two seemed off to me though. Granted, they resolve it, but still... It just felt forced.
I agree totally. They seemed fine with each other to the point of being friend uptil now.
Although I can easily see them disagreeing, it getting that heated and both of them being THAT bitter just seemed crowbarred in.

Quote:
I can easily see why Maka did what she did. She did go too far when she punched him as she let anger get the better of her making her not too much better than him.
As much as i like Maka as a character, she's consistantly been the least reliable in a battle past episode one. She just always seems to push herself way to hard, way too fast. Like she's so eager to prove herself that she's constantly doing totally reckless things. I mean, comeon, leaping off a bridge to finish an opponent that was already beaten?
It sounds like you're letting your biased shape your reasoning here. I can understand WHY Maka reacted that way, it still doesnt make it cool. B*S has had that show-boating style from the beginning, and all of a sudden Maka decides she's going to throw a tantrum and try to get him thrown out of class because of it? Lame.
Quote:
I agree that B*S had beaten Mifune the first time regardless of whether he was holding back at that point, it's Mifune's fault for taking him lightly.
Mifune couldnt have been holding back really, despite what Angela said, Mifune's mistake was sparing him. He was trying to protect Angela, so I doubt he was fighting with kid's gloves just for some random kid simply because B*S was a kid,too. That would be dumb because in the end, losing to B*S would mean he'd get Angela killed in the end anyways. That "holding back" thing is just bs to hype up Mifune's powers the second time around. He had to be fighting seriously enough to win or else he'd be risking Angela's life for no reason.
Quote:
Actually, Stein did knock him out and we already know Sid wasn't even serious with them back then.
It was a lesson, ofcourse he wasnt trying to kill but he still fought them head on. It's not as if he's pulling punches just because he wasnt going for the kill. If anything held him back, it was fighting without a weapon.
Quote:
That doesn't mean crap, if he can't do his job or, keeps charging head long at opponent due to being arrogrant than being beat up.
Maka does the exact same thing. The only difference is B*S gets distracted by his constant bragging during fights. Maka gets distracted by her constant self doubt or need to prove herself and reach the next plateu.
Quote:
Well, I like said before, they did do it a lot before she got frustrated with him. I'm guessing his comment not needing partnerships/teamwork which what the lesson was about sent her over the edge, and made him sound like a jerk. Remember Stein said he would cut them from his classes they if didn't pass so saying what B*S did doesn't sound like someone who wanted a compromise.
This is, B*S was being a total brat and Maka could've easily handled that by just letting him have his way so they could get through the lesson, because passing is more important than her personal ego. Instead, she reacted just immaturely and tried to deck him, then trying to get him kicked out. Once that didnt work, she actually ran off, risking ALL of her teammates getting thrown out of class because of her emotional whims.

Last edited by Keiichi_chan; 2008-11-21 at 16:37.
Keiichi_chan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.