AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-16, 01:17   Link #21
FlyByNite

I hope Cartoon Network doesn't edit it like Blue Gender.
Old 2004-05-16, 01:19   Link #22
Griffith

Funimation has already said it will be on Adult Swim and not Toonami, so the edits won't be incredibly bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Anything that makes FMA what it is.

Don't you know? Americas facist capitolism loves to strip the dirty " outsidedness " from everything that touches its shores.

Eds name will become Joebob, Als name will become Clint, They will no longer be on a quest of the Phillosiphers stone, but the Philosiphers guide to good moon shine, ect ect ect.
What the hell would they change the names for? Almost all of the names in FMA are Western names to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I hope Cartoon Network doesn't edit it like Blue Gender.
Cartoon Network doesn't edit the shows they air, the licensors do it themselves. Funimation edited Blue Gender too much because they were afraid if they did too little Cartoon Network wouldn't accept it. They realized that wasn't the case and they've since learned from their mistakes.
Old 2004-05-17, 02:43   Link #23
me=D
mister smillie

i think there going to edit out some of the story. some guy turning his own daughter into that thing just wont air on cn
Old 2004-05-17, 02:55   Link #24
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

They'll edit all scenes in which Ed is dashing!!!! NOOOSEEEE!
Old 2004-05-17, 08:21   Link #25
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephista

American tv is so much more wary of sexual themes than it is of violence.
...bwahahahaha! Every commercial here in America generally has some kind of suggestive sexual content.

Just about all American advertisements use sex to sell, some more than others, and we let our children watch all this advertising trash without censoring.
Old 2004-05-17, 15:08   Link #26
state_alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith
Cartoon Network doesn't edit the shows they air, the licensors do it themselves.
Well, what do you exactly mean. Because I can think of a scene in cowboy bebop in episode "Waltz on Venus" where faye busts into the room where there are two men in bed with each other. But when it is aired on Adult Swim they edit the guy on the bottom out.
Old 2004-05-17, 15:17   Link #27
Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by state_alchemist
Well, what do you exactly mean. Because I can think of a scene in cowboy bebop in episode "Waltz on Venus" where faye busts into the room where there are two men in bed with each other. But when it is aired on Adult Swim they edit the guy on the bottom out.
I mean, Cartoon Network does not actually edit the shows they air themselves. The licensors edit it before it is shown on TV, not Cartoon Network.
Old 2004-05-17, 15:44   Link #28
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
They'll edit all scenes in which Ed is dashing!!!! NOOOSEEEE!
That would be hell, eh Zauren?
Old 2004-05-17, 18:24   Link #29
Kaleyeope
idjit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith
I mean, Cartoon Network does not actually edit the shows they air themselves. The licensors edit it before it is shown on TV, not Cartoon Network.
From what I understand, its usually a little bit of influence from both.

CN says "Love the show, really great. Excellent story, great style. Wish we could show it, it's just that we have a problem with such and such a scene..."

Distributor/licensor replies "No problem, let us just take care of that!"

[sounds of digital erasers]

K.
I remember the first time I saw that unedited CB ep, I was like "What the f!, I KNOW that wasn't there the first time!"
Old 2004-05-17, 21:22   Link #30
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
what kind of name is 'Adult Swim' ?!?

i hope they show it on the Toonami channel over here
Adult Swim is on the Toonami channel....it just the Block that shows more "adult" anime(cowboy Bebop, Trigun, FLCL, Ect.), were toonami plays like Dragonball and SD Gundam(haven't watch toonami in a long time so Don't know what there playing now). There the same channel but Adult Swim is just on at like midnight so they can show more "Adult" situations.
Old 2004-05-17, 23:45   Link #31
Ducknuckle

They are going to do what they did to Hack Sign:

1)Show it prime time on a kiddy time slot.
2)Move it to the weekends
3)After it gets really popular, start advertising for the merchandise and games
4)Show it on Adult Swim at midnight
Old 2004-05-17, 23:56   Link #32
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

No Dashing?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
That would be hell, eh Zauren?
I... I need dashing! Although the only thing dashing right now is Greed's fist. I am going to wait for a good dashing Scar to replace this one...

I still think that it will remain mostly intact. The blood might be toned down, but nothing would change. (Such as Gran being exploded, just without it spewing from every oriface, and a missing leg with a smaller pool.)

I also hear that the episodes are not nearly as bad Dubbed. Very solid...
Closed Thread