AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-21, 17:16   Link #1081
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
I'm wondering when PETA will get some kind of lawsuit for that game. They are basically posting the Majesto logo all over the game.
__________________

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2008-11-21 at 17:28.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 17:50   Link #1082
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Honestly their idea of releasing these domesticated animals into the wild I find ridiculous. I'd like to see them release about a dozen of those into the wild and I bet in a week or two none would be left.
They actually kill them, as far as i know. They normally publish a report each year, where they also state how many animals they put down, if no place can be found for them for release or a new home/sanctuary.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 08:57   Link #1083
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Age: 33
PETA, Greenpeace, Al-Qaeda, JI.

What do they have in common?

They are all terror groups.
They use terror to achieve their purposes.
They are all violent.
They use flawed theories (and in PETA's case, Pharisees)
And they MUST be captured at all costs.
You know, this is the one of the only few aspects of Bush policy I agreed on: Guantanamo Bay, but only if to hold terrorists. Add Greenpeace and PETA to the list of terror groups. No, seriously. (The other is the promotion of Doha Round of Talks)
__________________
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 12:53   Link #1084
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
Man planned his suicide using a chainsaw

Seriously, gruesome just by reading it
__________________
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 16:45   Link #1085
Thingle
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Imperial Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Aso will ensure better international relationships.
....while stopping short of a full, formal and sincere apology to the Asian countries Japan invaded, and the admittance and denunciation of the various massacres they have committed during ww2.

yea yea yeah.

Oh wait! The emperor must do it instead!

On topic.
Space alien sets fire to sons.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4633747.photo
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 00:11   Link #1086
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
....while stopping short of a full, formal and sincere apology to the Asian countries Japan invaded, and the admittance and denunciation of the various massacres they have committed during ww2.

yea yea yeah.

Oh wait! The emperor must do it instead!
This was done by another Japanese PM in '95.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_...he_war%27s_end

Quote:
Murayama Danwa (村山談話, Murayama Danwa?), is a war apology statement made by Tomiichi Murayama, then Prime Minister of Japan, on August 15, 1995. It stated that:

"During a certain period in the not too distant past, Japan, following a mistaken national policy, advanced along the road to war, only to ensnare the Japanese people in a fateful crisis, and, through its colonial rule and aggression, caused tremendous damage and suffering to the people of many countries, particularly to those of Asian nations. In the hope that no such mistake be made in the future, I regard, in a spirit of humility, these irrefutable facts of history, and express here once again my feelings of deep remorse and state my heartfelt apology. Allow me also to express my feelings of profound mourning for all victims, both at home and abroad, of that history."

The statement was based on a Cabinet Decision (閣議決定, Kakugi Kettei?) which requires unanimous approval from the Cabinet members, has been carried forth by successive administrations, and is often quoted as the official position of the Government of Japan on the issue of Japan's wartime aggression in the early 20th century.

On TBS, Premier Zhu Rongji mentioned that the Japanese have not apologized in writing. However, on Monday, judging by what he said, Premier Zhu Rongji acknowledged that the Murayama Statement exists, and he appreciated it. You had better ask the Chinese spokesperson as to what conclusion you should draw from Premier Zhu Rongji's words.

From the perspective of the Government of Japan, we would like to underline that the Murayama Statement was announced in 1995 in the form of a written statement based on a Cabinet decision. That statement was referred to by Prime Minister Keizo Obuchi when he went to China and also by Prime Minister Mori in the meeting that took place on Friday."
__________________
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 01:07   Link #1087
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Aye, there's been a formal apology. Its also clear that a small faction of rightwing nationalists in Japan were unhappy about it and keep trying to whittle it. All Japan can do as a people to make that faction's behavior less and less acceptable and that faction less and less credible.

Somewhat like other countries have their own little factions of people who like to re-invent the chronicle of events to mislead others.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 05:22   Link #1088
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, there's been a formal apology. Its also clear that a small faction of rightwing nationalists in Japan were unhappy about it and keep trying to whittle it. All Japan can do as a people to make that faction's behavior less and less acceptable and that faction less and less credible.

Somewhat like other countries have their own little factions of people who like to re-invent the chronicle of events to mislead others.
Well, Japan practises free speech, as long as it does not defame others. That's why the Uyoukus are all about with their little black Nissan/Mitsubishi vans. Haven't seen a Toyota vehicle doing Uyouku duty yet...
__________________
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 07:02   Link #1089
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
http://www.weirdasianews.com/2008/10...onkey-waiters/

Something PETA wouldn't allow in the US..

Due to the slumping economy, lots of restaurants in the area are closing down due to the fact that the expenses of hiring employees are greater than the profits yielded in serving customers. The Kayabuki Tavern came up with a creative, yet silly idea. Apparently, the restaurant owner decided to hire 2 monkeys, a 5-year old and a 12-year old at the cost of soybeans only.
__________________
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 08:00   Link #1090
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Can't be worse at taking orders than some of the people we've got around here.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 09:20   Link #1091
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
http://www.weirdasianews.com/2008/10...onkey-waiters/

Something PETA wouldn't allow in the US..

Due to the slumping economy, lots of restaurants in the area are closing down due to the fact that the expenses of hiring employees are greater than the profits yielded in serving customers. The Kayabuki Tavern came up with a creative, yet silly idea. Apparently, the restaurant owner decided to hire 2 monkeys, a 5-year old and a 12-year old at the cost of soybeans only.
Well it probably brought in lots of busniness.

It sounds like it worked, I mean according the article they're not bad at their job. Curious thing that they mention the monkeys are better at the job than the owners own son. I mean granted they perform other tasks besides handing towels and drinks to cutomers, but how hard of a job can that really be?
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 17:54   Link #1092
mg1942
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Newsflash!!!

Lawyer Indicates Manga in Iowa Obscenity Case are Yaoi.

Eric Chase, the lead lawyer for an Iowa man accused of possessing obscene manga, indicated to MTV's Splash Page blog that some of the manga in question are yaoi. Christopher Handley was originally charged on May 8, 2007, and his case will go on trial on December 2.

Chase told the Splash Page, "There is explicit sex in yaoi comics. And the men are drawn in a very androgynous style, which has the effect of making them look really young. There's a real taboo in Japan about showing pubic hair, so they're all drawn without it, which also makes them look young. So what concerned the authorities were the depictions of children in explicit sexual situations that they believed to be obscene. But there are no actual children. It was all very crude images from a comic book."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-obscene-manga
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/11/24...andleys-trial/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-case-are-yaoi
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:41   Link #1093
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Oh my gawd! He's gay! KILL HIM!

(Something like that is the reaction you were expecting?)
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:45   Link #1094
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Newsflash!!!

Lawyer Indicates Manga in Iowa Obscenity Case are Yaoi.

Eric Chase, the lead lawyer for an Iowa man accused of possessing obscene manga, indicated to MTV's Splash Page blog that some of the manga in question are yaoi. Christopher Handley was originally charged on May 8, 2007, and his case will go on trial on December 2.

Chase told the Splash Page, "There is explicit sex in yaoi comics. And the men are drawn in a very androgynous style, which has the effect of making them look really young. There's a real taboo in Japan about showing pubic hair, so they're all drawn without it, which also makes them look young. So what concerned the authorities were the depictions of children in explicit sexual situations that they believed to be obscene. But there are no actual children. It was all very crude images from a comic book."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-obscene-manga
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/11/24...andleys-trial/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-case-are-yaoi
well i am safe then, since i have mostly yuri and non-loli stuff
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 20:17   Link #1095
mg1942
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Oh my gawd! He's gay! KILL HIM!

(Something like that is the reaction you were expecting?)

hey hey hey, you don't know me so STFU.

I have high tolerance for gays. I deal with them everyday. They're alright and fun to talk to. In fact, I have one working in our jewelry business in Downtown LA.

BUT...... the moment the radicals try to forcefully redefine marriage, attack moderates and harass church-goers... that's just crossing the line! Radical approach will NEVER win them sympathy.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 20:54   Link #1096
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I have high tolerance for gays.
If you say you have "high tolerance", it means they must be doing something bad towards you and you're letting them get away with it because you're a great guy or something.

If you don't believe being gay is somehow noteworthy to your status as a person, why would you bother to highlight such a news article? (with gigantic red italics and all that).

Quote:
BUT...... the moment the radicals try to forcefully redefine marriage
lol, please let's not get back into that.
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 20:59   Link #1097
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
BUT...... the moment the radicals try to forcefully redefine marriage,
Um, it was various religious organizations that created a bill to ban gay marriage, rather than a bill be passed that allows gay marriage. The Supreme Courts deciding that said "religious" bills were unconstitutional is what led to the legalization of Gay marriage, not an official bill presented by Gay Rights activists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
attack moderates and harass church-goers... that's just crossing the line! Radical approach will NEVER win them sympathy.
I completely agree with you...sadly enough you often only look at extreme members, and then equate all viewpoints to such extreme members. That being said, why don't you go to YouTube or Google and look up Gay Hate Crimes or Anti-Gay Protest videos. A peripheral search will show you equal crazed individuals doing equally as disgusting acts, if not worse.

To put it another way, while these protesters were definitely a hindrance or even an annoyance, did they actually harm anyone? No. I hate to equate a kiss between lesbians in a super-church to a black man sitting in a white's only Diner back in the mid-1950s, but it is quite easy to make such a comparison, and to see how the two separate events are similar.

---

That being said, thank you for the update in the Loli case. The fact that the focus has shifted to Yaoi material is a little unimportant (or at least the content in the manga is unimportant), but this does change the perspective on the artistic content, specifically as the lawyer said, the creation process of a Yaoi manga is different, and consequently must be argued differently.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 22:21   Link #1098
mg1942
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post

If you don't believe being gay is somehow noteworthy to your status as a person, why would you bother to highlight such a news article? (with gigantic red italics and all that)
The original intent was to give update on the case of a manga collector from Iowa. Everyone on the net assumed Christopher Handley imported H-lolicon. This was a big story for the otakus ~2 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

That being said, thank you for the update in the Loli case. The fact that the focus has shifted to Yaoi material is a little unimportant (or at least the content in the manga is unimportant), but this does change the perspective on the artistic content, specifically as the lawyer said, the creation process of a Yaoi manga is different, and consequently must be argued differently.
It went from loli to shota. To the eyes of the prosecutors... same shit, different brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
If you say you have "high tolerance", it means they must be doing something bad towards you and you're letting them get away with it because you're a great guy or something.
That's one way of seeing it

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-11-25 at 13:19. Reason: Edit and Multi-quote are your friends
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 23:02   Link #1099
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
To: mg1942

You can use that "edit" button you know.
Much more efficient than posting bunch of one-liners right after another.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 23:17   Link #1100
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
That's one way of seeing it
Sure is. You sort of come off as a complete bigoted ignoramus, though, is that what you were aiming for?

And yeah, the edit button is there for a reason.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.