AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 114 52.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 16.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.28%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-23, 13:07   Link #601
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
Ok well I posted this awhile back but apparently a heated discussion was going on.

Did anyone notice what sumeragi said after allelujiah was found that she "didn't lose her reason for fighting".

Could this mean there could be some deep relationship going on between them?? or at least from sumeragi's perspective?
The whole thing about not losing her reason to fight is about not letting her comrades die. She would have failed if Allelujah died.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:12   Link #602
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
That, or she wanted into his pants, and was disappointed to hear of Marie's existence.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 03:24   Link #603
SuperJiwon
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Man it's hilarious that Setsuna was getting his ass handed to him by Graham aka Mr Bushido before he popped his speed hax. I swear, the only thing keeping the Gundams alive is the technological gap between them and their opposition. It's like you don't have to have any skill to be a Gundam pilot, only a great hatred of the world. If the A-Laws didn't have the most irritating characters high in their chain of command I would be rooting for them to win.
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 04:42   Link #604
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJiwon View Post
Man it's hilarious that Setsuna was getting his ass handed to him by Graham aka Mr Bushido before he popped his speed hax. I swear, the only thing keeping the Gundams alive is the technological gap between them and their opposition. It's like you don't have to have any skill to be a Gundam pilot, only a great hatred of the world. If the A-Laws didn't have the most irritating characters high in their chain of command I would be rooting for them to win.
I have to agree. They were acting all high and mighty when other characters had weak Mobile Suits, but now, mostly Trans-AM makes a difference. If Graham piloted that Double 0 Gundam, I'm afraid he would have owned Tieria, Lockon and Allelujah together. Although it brings more realistic feel that other pilots, and some random characters, in mobile suits are highly skilled, I would have preferred if our heroes try a bit harder before another casualty leaves the scene

Now they just have a bigger problem for letting their opponents get away when they were not a big threat in the first few episodes of season one.
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 08:25   Link #605
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Well, you do realize that they're facing capable opponents from the get-go. Not like in the first season where the Gundams were practically invincible up until the desert operation.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 09:08   Link #606
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
"I wanted to RIP HIS FACE OFF and he must BURN IN HELL WITH SAACHEZ."

Owwww...

More like a 'Sachez died with an Evil Smile' to me.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 09:38   Link #607
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
And...well, I would question what your view on Lindt (from several days ago) has to do with this, but never mind.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 15:49   Link #608
SuperJiwon
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Well, you do realize that they're facing capable opponents from the get-go. Not like in the first season where the Gundams were practically invincible up until the desert operation.
They were still invincible in the desert operation. They were taking huge ass cannon hits point blank and all they could complain about is "Ugh, the cockpit is shaking it's making me sick. So tired, too noisy to sleep" And "from the get go" is relative, it's not a whole new series, it starts 25 episodes in since it's the second season. They've enjoyed a majority of the first 25 episodes in god mode. And their opponents have always been capable, it's just that the Gundams are hax and entirely undeserved in my opinion. I spent most of the first season laughing at how unbalanced it was. If the gundam pilots weren't so boring this would probably be my favorite Gundam series.
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 15:52   Link #609
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Well, you must have watched a different episode 15, because I certainly didn't see the Gundam pilots acting trivial.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 16:10   Link #610
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Just ignore him, Nyx. Jiwon's another one of those people who watches the show just to flame it.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 17:56   Link #611
SuperJiwon
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Just ignore him, Nyx. Jiwon's another one of those people who watches the show just to flame it.
I don't watch it to flame it. I watch it because it's freaking Gundam and my otaku card will be taken away if I don't watch it. I "flame"(I use this loosely because I consider it more criticism than anything else) it because I've watched it and got smacked in the face with things that scream out for criticism.
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 01:24   Link #612
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
And...well, I would question what your view on Lindt (from several days ago) has to do with this, but never mind.
That's exactly what i said. Not just THAT. Lindt was truly an A-hole and i hope he'll definitely get pussy-slapped by mannequin taisa sooner @ later & you'll see. not just Ali al-sachez instead but yeah whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJiwon View Post
I don't watch it to flame it. I watch it because it's freaking Gundam and my otaku card will be taken away if I don't watch it. I "flame"(I use this loosely because I consider it more criticism than anything else) it because I've watched it and got smacked in the face with things that scream out for criticism.
Me neither, Jiwon. I've also got reacted emotionally outside the PC after i watched the episode and i feel like i can't wait for the next episode.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-11-26 at 01:41.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 12:58   Link #613
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So no one is going to throw Al into jail because like it or not, the only people who cared about those kids in the entire world is Al and Marie.
And Col Sergei. Who took great delight in throwing people involved into jail.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 13:12   Link #614
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
This isn't Sparta though, this is the HRL, where economics matter. They'd want each and every supersoldier to survive so they can have more of them, hence make all of them strong rather than have them go out in a survival of the fittest bout. Only the ones with the irreversable defects would be thrown out, such as Al.
The HRL appear to have had all of two survivors out of at least 57 subjects though.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 19:19   Link #615
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
And Col Sergei. Who took great delight in throwing people involved into jail.
For TREASON, not for the children. Sergei realized the Program was corrupt enough to cause a risk to the nation, so he put them away. If he tried to shut it down for humanitarian reasons, the demand for action would have being ignored.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 21:14   Link #616
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
For TREASON, not for the children. Sergei realized the Program was corrupt enough to cause a risk to the nation, so he put them away. If he tried to shut it down for humanitarian reasons, the demand for action would have being ignored.
Doesn't mean he wasn't doing it because he cared about the children. Just that he chose to wait to hit the Program with something they couldn't weasel out of rather than have them disappear again into a secret compartment that he hadn't been read on to.

Back when he first met Soma he was surprised the super soldier program had been revived.

Whatever the reason he wanted to take them down he couldn't have pulled it off any earlier. What with the politicians seeing it as a trump card against the Gundams and it having gone into hiding before. So the means he used doesn't tell us much about his motivation.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.