AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Tales of...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-26, 08:15   Link #1421
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
WOW. it's good to be on the NEW thread now.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 09:35   Link #1422
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Spoiler for Ion:
Yes, and that's my point all this time. Maturity for a replica is not necessarily proportionate to actual age. You can't exactly ascribe human maturity standards to a replica because their case can be extreme.

So yes, Luke is indeed seven but that's no excuse, nor is it a valid reason for the circumstances involved. The reason is due to his upbringing and the way people have treated him all at the same time.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 11:55   Link #1423
I M Evil
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
so sorry !

Last edited by I M Evil; 2008-11-26 at 14:49.
I M Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:41   Link #1424
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't expecting this show to get it's own sub-forum anytime soon.

Glad to see I was mistaken!
__________________

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2008-11-26 at 19:42.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:53   Link #1425
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
No, even beyond that. His maturity cannot completely be compared to a seven year old due to the nature of his (soon to be) experiences themselves. The fall of Akzeriuth is his chance to become a young man in the eyes of others.

Since you mentioned a spoiler, I might as well say what I really wanted to say.

Spoiler for Ion, future episodes:
I'll answer the Ion thing in your profile, I just gave a really vague sentence so unless you have played the game you would not know what I was talking about.

rest of the post I'll answer below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yes, and that's my point all this time. Maturity for a replica is not necessarily proportionate to actual age. You can't exactly ascribe human maturity standards to a replica because their case can be extreme.

So yes, Luke is indeed seven but that's no excuse, nor is it a valid reason for the circumstances involved. The reason is due to his upbringing and the way people have treated him all at the same time.
Okay I am not sure if you are getting what I am saying, my point is that maturity is proportionate to age as well as live experiences gained from that time. The experiences can accelerate or decelerate one's maturity based on the experiences involved. You can ascribe human maturity standards to a replica if they were not treated as such, which was one of your own points, that Luke should be more mature because he was treated as someone beyond his actual age. But the difference is that during that time they were essentually coddling him, sheltering and denying the experiences to gain that maturity that they expect from him. Which is the result you see in Luke.

And also I am in noway using that as a reason to validate what he has done, but to use that to understand why he is what he is.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 20:17   Link #1426
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Okay I am not sure if you are getting what I am saying, my point is that maturity is proportionate to age as well as live experiences gained from that time.
No, I understand that as that's where I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
The experiences can accelerate or decelerate one's maturity based on the experiences involved. You can ascribe human maturity standards to a replica if they were not treated as such, which was one of your own points, that Luke should be more mature because he was treated as someone beyond his actual age.
Like I said in my profile, that's somewhat contradicting. And no, my point is that they didn't bring him up properly, and part of the reason for Luke's behavior is due to his environment.

You demonstrated my point further when you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
But the difference is that during that time they were essentually coddling him, sheltering and denying the experiences to gain that maturity that they expect from him. Which is the result you see in Luke.
Uh... yeah. Perhaps we should take this a more private setting as we're clogging up the generic thread here. Just putting this here just in case you missed my reply over there.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 08:25   Link #1427
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Cutting hair to renew determination? What is Luke, a girl?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 11:55   Link #1428
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Age: 26
What is that symbol on luke's back?
Onibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 21:55   Link #1429
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Cutting hair to renew determination? What is Luke, a girl?
AAHHAHAHAHA, EXACTLY!


no i'm waiting episode 10, where the rest of the group will say the same ~probably?~
__________________


Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 06:20   Link #1430
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Wow...this like like a dream come true

I seriously didn't expect it myself but it's a good thing that has happened ^^'
I better hurry up with the entry :/

Spoiler:
no need to feel pity for him, he is a douche throughout the whole story.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 19:52   Link #1431
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't expecting this show to get it's own sub-forum anytime soon.

Glad to see I was mistaken!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Wow...this like like a dream come true

I seriously didn't expect it myself but it's a good thing that has happened ^^'
I better hurry up with the entry :/

Spoiler:
Deathkillz, you told me to keep hoping for a sub forum some times ago ! You Were right XD

I'm happy that we got a sub forum. Thanks to the admins and mods !
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 20:17   Link #1432
xellos2099
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I know Luke can get annoying but it is not truly his fault that Azeriuth is destroyed. but according to the Score
Spoiler for Series:


Not to mention Van created the password that would unleash Luke full power hyper resonance whether he want to or not.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 20:24   Link #1433
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Van was like a father in Luke's eyes, and with most of the cast looking down upon him for his behavior(and i don't blame them), it was obvious he is gonna do what Van tells him, because he was kind to him and, to Luke, understood him. I will say, Ion had no business opening the Daathic seals in the first place since they housed some kind of important secrets, otherwise, it wouldn't have that special seal in the first place.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 09:02   Link #1434
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Van was like a father in Luke's eyes, and with most of the cast looking down upon him for his behavior(and i don't blame them), it was obvious he is gonna do what Van tells him, because he was kind to him and, to Luke, understood him. I will say, Ion had no business opening the Daathic seals in the first place since they housed some kind of important secrets, otherwise, it wouldn't have that special seal in the first place.
It was mentioned that the Sephiroths were very hard to impossible to damage through normal means they have to their disposal and that the controls themselves were locked so even if Ion opened them from a normal viewpoint Van could not do anything. And if Van really wanted to get in, he could have had Luke do a hyper resonance to destroy the seal. Not saying that Ion was right to trust Luke and Van but he was taken in by Luke's trust in Van and that they had a way to stop the miasma.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 15:42   Link #1435
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Does Ion even know Van's affiliations at that point? The God-Generals are the ones who have brought Ion to all those seals, not Van, and for the rest of that time Luke and co. have been trying to avoid or fight them.

Even if those seals cannot be easily destroyed, as Fonmaster he should've realized that something must be up, or something is fishy for the seals to be involved. Most likely, he has read the Score a few times already for that matter. Even Ion casts blame on himself, but the difference is he takes it well unlike Luke who is too shocked at the betrayal and refuses to accept the truth of the matter.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 18:34   Link #1436
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Does Ion even know Van's affiliations at that point? The God-Generals are the ones who have brought Ion to all those seals, not Van, and for the rest of that time Luke and co. have been trying to avoid or fight them.

Even if those seals cannot be easily destroyed, as Fonmaster he should've realized that something must be up, or something is fishy for the seals to be involved. Most likely, he has read the Score a few times already for that matter. Even Ion casts blame on himself, but the difference is he takes it well unlike Luke who is too shocked at the betrayal and refuses to accept the truth of the matter.
That's the thing, Ion did not have cause to suspect Van's intentions. Plus Luke also couched for Van saying that they were going to neutralize the miasma.

As for Ion, yes he should've realised something but remember his circumstances. Lengthier reply in the spoilers thread.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 19:01   Link #1437
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
That's the thing, Ion did not have cause to suspect Van's intentions. Plus Luke also couched for Van saying that they were going to neutralize the miasma.
Well, maybe not concerning Van per se since he doesn't know of his schemes after all, but to be brought around by the God-Generals to all these seals should've at least raised some alarm bells in his head. Just because they couldn't harm them doesn't mean that they want those seals broken for no reason at all.

Ion probably suspects something, but by then it's already too late.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 19:20   Link #1438
Saki_chan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by onibur23 View Post
What is that symbol on luke's back?
I've been trying to figure that out for ages. I think it's just some random little design, but I could be wrong.

And Re: the Ion and Van thing, I have to say I think he was a bit too trusting. As somebody else pointed out, the seals were put there for a reason, and Van's subordinates had been trying to get him to do the same thing already. Granted, Asch had been briefly seen attacking Van, so maybe Ion took that as an indication that his intentions were different from his subordinates, but it was still stupid to just open the thing with nothing but dumbass Luke's word on it.

(Sorry, can you tell I'm working off of game canon here? I haven't seen all of the anime yet. )
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 21:29   Link #1439
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
I'm noticing something weird...
Seriously that no one noticed when the original Asch with dark red hair changed to light red hair and 7 years lattler his hair adquired a golden coloration too? And so the boy with the same face and the correct hair appear in the door and the guards just say "get out"!
i'm still thinking about why, in chibi Asch's sad scene, he didn't jumps and said "MOM, IT'S ME, YAY!"
__________________


Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 01:12   Link #1440
yolin.shana
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
I'm noticing something weird...
Seriously that no one noticed when the original Asch with dark red hair changed to light red hair and 7 years lattler his hair adquired a golden coloration too? And so the boy with the same face and the correct hair appear in the door and the guards just say "get out"!
The difference of hair is just to show us they're different, I doubt the characters see any difference.
And little Asch was dirty and everything, and they probably didn't take a good look at him. Besides, their little master was in the manor, and they probably didn't know anything about fomicry. So it's understandable they didn't recognize him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
i'm still thinking about why, in chibi Asch's sad scene, he didn't jumps and said "MOM, IT'S ME, YAY!"
It would have been more like "*takes sword out* REPLICAAAAAAAAA!!" xD
But yeah, he was just there, he could have easily got his life back ;_;
Damn you, Van...
yolin.shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.