AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 18 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-02, 07:39   Link #101
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pizza
Izzard's power was a bit predictable but still, Nice power. Too bad he lost confidence in himself and his powers lol. He lost his memories and stuff.
__________________
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 07:39   Link #102
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
overall a very good eps btw what are glaring difference between what in the anime and the novels or manga???
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 08:12   Link #103
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
overall a very good eps btw what are glaring difference between what in the anime and the novels or manga???
Well the manga skips this arc. Which is volume 2. In favour of the Mikoto arc which is the next one.

Does Touma get to keep one in every arc? Stay in the hospital included.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 08:45   Link #104
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
overall a very good eps btw what are glaring difference between what in the anime and the novels or manga???
If i recall, there's was one scene from the novel that the anime skip for..certain reasons. If you thought Izzard ripping Styil's skin was creepy, you haven't seen nothing yet.

In the novels, not only did Izzard mind control the students to use magic, he even made .... a giant bloody Planetarium made from human flesh for his experiments and you can guess where that flesh came from in a cram school.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 09:37   Link #105
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If i recall, there's was one scene from the novel that the anime skip for..certain reasons. If you thought Izzard ripping Styil's skin was creepy, you haven't seen nothing yet.

In the novels, not only did Izzard mind control the students to use magic, he even made .... a giant bloody Planetarium made from human flesh for his experiments and you can guess where that flesh came from in a cram school.
ouch ..... thats really creepy
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 09:41   Link #106
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Before i start please do not make a BIG FUSS about what i'm about to say.

This is my explanation on what Ars Magna does and the reason why Aisa was involve.

Ars Magna is a magical power that turns thoughts into reality which Izzard manage to learn and perfected after 3 years in hiding. So anything he says it will become reality. But there is a downside with his powers and that downside is the power itself. Because it turns thoughts into reality, anything irreverent he thinks either accidentally or purposely will come true too. It's because of this power that he couldn't it use on Index as the moment he thought of curing Index of her condition he would also accidentally bring it back. Of course he was able to focus his powers by stabbing needles into the back of his neck so he wouldn't get distracted and think irreverent thoughts but it still would not be enough to save Index as he will still slip up. To put in easy term, he can think things into reality for a temporary time. And that's where Aisa Deep Blood powers comes into the picture.

Deep Blood is a sort of like a special blood that Vampires crave but it also kills them. Kinda like a moth to a flame, the moth knows the flame is dangerous but they just can't help it and wants to go it. Aisa, who was depress all of her life because her powers kill a lot vampires who were probably people she knew and vampires who had no ill intentions but became mad because they just couldn't stop craving for her poison blood, wanted to get rid of her powers so she went to Academy City and meet Izzard who saw the usefulness of her powers.

As we all know, vampires can live very long lives so Izzard realize in order to cure Index condition permanently, he just had to turn Index a vampire with the help of a vampire as that's what he believe will help her live longer. Of course he could have thought about it but he can't since he doesn't know what vampire looks like and he would still undo the changes accidentally which Aisa comes in. Aisa helps Izzard by becoming vampire bait while Izzard would capture them and experiment them in order to learn how a vampire becomes one and use the research he learn to turn Index into a vampire. The reason that Aisa help him in the first place was because she knew that Izzard goals were noble to save someone he care and in turn he will help her get rid of her powers.

All and all this is just an explanation of what i think. AND PLEASE don't make a big fuss about it.

Thank you and Goodbye.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 10:40   Link #107
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
overall a very good eps btw what are glaring difference between what in the anime and the novels or manga???
Manga cut it.

Anime/Novel differences... let's see:

Spoiler:
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 14:41   Link #108
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Well JC Staff loves their harems. Looks like Touma has a cosplay harem forming with Aisa moving in. Nun - check, Miko - check.

Needs some maid next I guess.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 18:03   Link #109
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Before i start please do not make a BIG FUSS about what i'm about to say.

This is my explanation on what Ars Magna does and the reason why Aisa was involve.

Ars Magna is a magical power that turns thoughts into reality which Izzard manage to learn and perfected after 3 years in hiding. So anything he says it will become reality. But there is a downside with his powers and that downside is the power itself. Because it turns thoughts into reality, anything irreverent he thinks either accidentally or purposely will come true too. It's because of this power that he couldn't it use on Index as the moment he thought of curing Index of her condition he would also accidentally bring it back. Of course he was able to focus his powers by stabbing needles into the back of his neck so he wouldn't get distracted and think irreverent thoughts but it still would not be enough to save Index as he will still slip up. To put in easy term, he can think things into reality for a temporary time. And that's where Aisa Deep Blood powers comes into the picture.

Deep Blood is a sort of like a special blood that Vampires crave but it also kills them. Kinda like a moth to a flame, the moth knows the flame is dangerous but they just can't help it and wants to go it. Aisa, who was depress all of her life because her powers kill a lot vampires who were probably people she knew and vampires who had no ill intentions but became mad because they just couldn't stop craving for her poison blood, wanted to get rid of her powers so she went to Academy City and meet Izzard who saw the usefulness of her powers.

As we all know, vampires can live very long lives so Izzard realize in order to cure Index condition permanently, he just had to turn Index a vampire with the help of a vampire as that's what he believe will help her live longer. Of course he could have thought about it but he can't since he doesn't know what vampire looks like and he would still undo the changes accidentally which Aisa comes in. Aisa helps Izzard by becoming vampire bait while Izzard would capture them and experiment them in order to learn how a vampire becomes one and use the research he learn to turn Index into a vampire. The reason that Aisa help him in the first place was because she knew that Izzard goals were noble to save someone he care and in turn he will help her get rid of her powers.

All and all this is just an explanation of what i think. AND PLEASE don't make a big fuss about it.

Thank you and Goodbye.
Cool that helps I was a little bit confuse about Izzard powers.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 18:44   Link #110
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite View Post
Well JC Staff loves their harems. Looks like Touma has a cosplay harem forming with Aisa moving in. Nun - check, Miko - check.

Needs some maid next I guess.
Well he can't bring home the school girl though. (Mikoto)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 04:45   Link #111
Legomancer
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
Even if Izzard used the Ars Magna to save Index, I dont think he couldve done it because he wasnt aware that there was no limit.

As for Izzard not thinking of thinking of that though, i'll pass it off and say to myself that the simplest solutions are often overlooked.
Just joined up on these forums to bother getting in on these discussions.

Just because Izzard seemed arrogant and all that doesn't mean the man doesn't have doubts in his abilities, hell, if I had his powers I'd ruin everything around me.

Think about how quickly a really crappy song like say, Hey Mickey, gets caught in your head when all you want to do is just forget about it, yet it keeps coming back. Now think about what if you had the power to make whatever you thought happen, and how much you'd accidentally use it.

I personally just think the reason he didn't use his powers to save anything like that was because he honestly didn't believe he would be able to do it, not that he wasn't aware of what his powers could do.
Legomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 20:26   Link #112
LuckyShine
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Englishman stuck in Dusseldorf
Age: 27
After a binge of all 9 Episodes (yes i have an awsome job) which alows me to watch anime all day. i can say To Aru Majutsu no Index is freaking awsome episode nine contuined the the trend, its not exactly fast paced, however i just wished Toma's luck would change.
Spoiler for :
in every ep

-Lucky
LuckyShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 22:58   Link #113
bloodyknight
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legomancer View Post
Just because Izzard seemed arrogant and all that doesn't mean the man doesn't have doubts in his abilities, hell, if I had his powers I'd ruin everything around me.
That is if you have the heart and the capable thoughts to do that... It's gonna be hard I will say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyShine View Post
After a binge of all 9 Episodes (yes i have an awsome job) which alows me to watch anime all day. i can say To Aru Majutsu no Index is freaking awsome episode nine contuined the the trend, its not exactly fast paced, however i just wished Toma's luck would change.
Spoiler for :
in every ep

-Lucky
That probably wouldn't be happening anytime soon... Just look at the preview for the next episode...

Come to think of it, his Imagine Breaker... Quite a useful tool to nullify everything... If only that can do something to Index's habit of talking while eating... Completely does not understand what she is saying when she does that... Toma certainly agrees...
bloodyknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 06:15   Link #114
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
I think Touma imagine breaker could probably do more things than meets the eye well I certainly hope so because if that's all he could he might have problems defeating powerful enemy.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 03:40   Link #115
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Kita, kita~ A few pics from official website for the next episode...

Spoiler for pantsu! Just... a... bit... more...:

Spoiler for imouto's eyes' scariness: Manga>>Anime>>Novel:

Spoiler for the useless two:

Spoiler for wonder how he'll sound... Let's switch him with Touma for the protagonist already... After he dies 1000 times or so:
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 04:01   Link #116
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified


Touma and his harem of wonderful ladies. Index, Aisa and Imouto.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 04:37   Link #117
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Imouto looks badass with that huge sniper .
__________________
.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 10:15   Link #118
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite View Post
Well JC Staff loves their harems. Looks like Touma has a cosplay harem forming with Aisa moving in. Nun - check, Miko - check.

Needs some maid next I guess.
Im all excited about the potential misunderstandings that will happen around Touma now that Aisa has moved. Damn it another Damn mouth to feed Touma might need to get two jobs to pay for food.

Next episode looks promising we are moving more into the science side for a while vs the magic side.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 15:10   Link #119
qwertyuiopz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
best maniac laugh i have heard yet
even better coming from a protagonist!
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:45   Link #120
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
So bumping this thread, but meh ; this was a great episode action wise and I found Touma and Doctor's exchange to be funny when doctor asked if he cut off his arm because he was into nurse? rofl. After that the conv. between the Touma, Aisa, and Index was great too especially Touma saying to Aisa "Why does it sound like you've already moved in?" was just great .
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Tempester
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.