AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-25, 16:20   Link #261
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I smell 'dead mother' all over Eba for she is suspiciously not mentioned in #23 in contrast to the father. Maybe by the time of the festival she has been already terminally sick (with Eba of course upset about it and her father taking her to the festival to cheer her up). From here on it's tricky - she's either alive in a bad condition or she died prior to Eba moving to the 'town' and Eba is now going to attend the funeral or just visiting her grave. I got it all worked out fine but it will turn out false again anyway
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 19:28   Link #262
gaoyuanyuan1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
I like Haruto better than the male lead in Suzuka. At least he didn't talk big or sound arrogant. Although in other mangas of this mangaka, short-hair females are always winners, I hope that Eba is the winner this time.
gaoyuanyuan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 02:53   Link #263
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Nah Yamato was way cooler compared to Haruto coz Yamato was atleast good at sprints unlike Haruto who is in a cooking club which he doesnt attend but sits there either complaing or being pissed off for no big reason
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 03:38   Link #264
darkgalford
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
I don't think this manga has anything to do with suzuka other than having the same mangaka.
Haruto doesn't bother me much, in fact I find Eba a bit annoying. She is so straightforward about her feelings and she obviously has some reasons why (the time when they were kids), but she obfuscates the reasons from Haruto. Nanami isn't much better, with her no, maybe, yes routine, i don't find either of them very likable. I personally tend to favor more straightforward female protagonists (ex. Satsuki in ichigo 100%).
On the other hand Dark mage is probably right about Eba not returning in two days, I smelled the stench of premptive interuption in the plot line. ex. he is on a good date with nanami maybe he has even sealed the deal (like with honoka in suzuka) and then he deserts her to go find eba. maybe it won't be like that but it isn't hard to imagine it will.
lol, you got the same taste as i do in satsuki from ichigo 100%

and yes, i also agree with you that haruto is not so much of a problem instead of eba. he got some reasons to feel some awkwardness and uncomfortable in dealing with eba who suddenly came into his house (and school) while his eyes has been eyeing on kanzaki only.

unless he's a player, there's no way you could change your heart easily when you've fallen with someone else.
darkgalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 04:15   Link #265
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I don't seem to get you guys, on the one hand you adore Satsuki for her straightforwardness but dislike the very same trait with Eba. What am I missing here since it doesn't make sense to me?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 05:04   Link #266
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Because Satsuki is completely straightforward, she not only likes Junpei she tells him why all the time and keeps trying for him. Eba constantly hides her reasons and keeps secrets from Haruto, if she likes him so much she should either be all in or all out, it is the same thing that annoys me about undecided voters who say they are leaning a certain way. I don't really care what side people pick just pick one and go for it instead of half way doing it.
__________________
Proud memeber of the Ying Mu Jun Tuan
Mykas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 06:53   Link #267
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I was also thinking rhat Eba and Satsuki have a lot in common coz Eba is also outspoken about her feelings for Haruto and is already going all out and I think Haruto is alot more awkward around Nanami than he is with Eba. Eba and Haruto really do get along much so why would you wanna go out with a girl with whom you cant even talk properly and share your feelings.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 08:53   Link #268
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Here's my prediction... Eba seem like she probably won't be coming back. Haruto is gonna start missing her and don't know why, angst ensues.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 09:51   Link #269
gaoyuanyuan1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Haruto's going to city with kanzaki for shopping, maybe they will bump to Eba there? although I don't know "city" here means Tokyo or not.
And why suddenly Kanzaki told Haruto to "wait a little longer " for her answer after refused him in the first place? .I don't understand at all




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Nah Yamato was way cooler compared to Haruto coz Yamato was atleast good at sprints unlike Haruto who is in a cooking club which he doesnt attend but sits there either complaing or being pissed off for no big reason
Yamato was more annoying. I felt that he was very irresponsible and seflfish, and his big mouth is really hateful, too. Why is that so many girls like him? He made all of them cry. And his ability, it isnot like he determined to be a sprinter, he just wanted to impress Suzuka. He sometimes wanted to quit and it's not like he has any otherthing to do.

Haruto doesn't have any intention to attend cooking club. he sat idly around waiting for Eba. Even he complains, he never ditchs her and always worries about her. At least I can understand why girls like him.
gaoyuanyuan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 10:35   Link #270
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Here's my prediction... Eba seem like she probably won't be coming back. Haruto is gonna start missing her and don't know why, angst ensues.
Oooo, a cliche scenario. I'm betting that would'nt happen

And for the record, Yamato and Haruto are both annoying.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 09:14   Link #271
ritalman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Paris
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I think Haruto is alot more awkward around Nanami than he is with Eba. Eba and Haruto really do get along much so why would you wanna go out with a girl with whom you cant even talk properly and share your feelings.
It's quite normal. If he loves Nanami, he's more awkward around her because he's afraid of doing a mistake making her hate him. If he has no feelings towards Eba, he doesn't care about that so he can do whatever he wants.

On another note I have a hard time picturing Eba as the Honoka. Up until the flashback I rather saw a Miki.
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 23:21   Link #272
LCeh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chap 25:

Spoiler:
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 23:50   Link #273
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Chap 25:

Spoiler:
hohoho now thats interesting

was actually a tiny bit iffy about what was gonna happen but now I think I might like whats to come

didn't see this coming thats for sure
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 00:44   Link #274
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Chap 25:

Spoiler:
FINALLY, looks like things are starting to get interesting now.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 18:01   Link #275
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
assuming the spoiler is correct then Haruto has one of the same major character flaws as Yamato. He doesn't really know the meaning of the word considerate. (ex. going to shop with suzuka for honoka = not considerate, letting suzuka stay an extra night at your house when you already have a girlfriend = not considerate)

Spoiler for chp25:
__________________
Proud memeber of the Ying Mu Jun Tuan
Mykas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 18:48   Link #276
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
assuming the spoiler is correct then Haruto has one of the same major character flaws as Yamato. He doesn't really know the meaning of the word considerate. (ex. going to shop with suzuka for honoka = not considerate, letting suzuka stay an extra night at your house when you already have a girlfriend = not considerate)

Spoiler for chp25:
lessay a girl would come up to you @ a party, trying to hit on you handing you a beer, youŽd just tell her straight in the face, why are you being so inconsiderate?

note that iŽm missing the point on purpose
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 07:07   Link #277
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
If I was in a commited relationship (i'm married btw) then letting the girl hit on me is inconsiderate to her (because it makes her think she has some chance when she doesn't) and to my SO (for all the obvious reasons). Sometimes being dishonestly polite is the rudest thing you can do, you spare others a lot of trouble if just speak the truth even if it isn't what they want to hear.
So In MY opinion haruto should have told her "sorry, I already have plans with Nanami, if you (eba) don't get on the train now there will be another one along soon after you have had time to think it over." It might seem brutal but that would end all confusion as to where his loyalties lay and allow him to make a clean break. Even if he doesn't get nanami in the end he should just focus on one girl and act like he is focused on one girl. I can't remember the exact expression but it is something like "a man who chases after two rabbits won't catch either of them" you can say he isn't interested in eba but why doesn't he teach her how to ride her own bike or step out of the way when his friend tries to step to the plate?
__________________
Proud memeber of the Ying Mu Jun Tuan
Mykas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 07:24   Link #278
LCeh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
If I was in a commited relationship (i'm married btw) then letting the girl hit on me is inconsiderate to her (because it makes her think she has some chance when she doesn't) and to my SO (for all the obvious reasons). Sometimes being dishonestly polite is the rudest thing you can do, you spare others a lot of trouble if just speak the truth even if it isn't what they want to hear.
So In MY opinion haruto should have told her "sorry, I already have plans with Nanami, if you (eba) don't get on the train now there will be another one along soon after you have had time to think it over." It might seem brutal but that would end all confusion as to where his loyalties lay and allow him to make a clean break. Even if he doesn't get nanami in the end he should just focus on one girl and act like he is focused on one girl. I can't remember the exact expression but it is something like "a man who chases after two rabbits won't catch either of them" you can say he isn't interested in eba but why doesn't he teach her how to ride her own bike or step out of the way when his friend tries to step to the plate?
Indeed, and the funny thing is, all of our three main characters basically are having the same problem, they all send inconsistent signals from time to time, and I would actually say Haruto has been the most consistent out of the three. Nanami has basically rejected him outright, then said she would think about it and now is inviting him to outings. Eba, she seems to support the Haruto x Nanami pairing, but then goes on to do other things that would hinder the relationship to develop. But Haruto has always been his same old self, his head tells him to go after Nanami, but his heart sometimes tells him to do something different. In a way he has been consistently inconsistent. But then I guess that's what makes us humans.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 09:01   Link #279
amuy
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
looking at ch.26 it seems as a new girl comes into the game...
amuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 09:07   Link #280
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
Just like Amano Yui?
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.