AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 28.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 42.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-08, 15:02   Link #41
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Harem + one million.

Given Touma's memory loss, how does he know Maika? He must have met her recently. Did he know her before he lost his memory? (And, significantly more importantly, how does she not get dizzy on that thing?)

This mystery surrounded MISAKI would be cleared up a lot quicker if Touma just asks her why she speaks like that. Sometimes it's seriously frustrating when anime characters can't just do the most obvious thing to clear things up...
Seeing as this show has been one giant blackhole when it comes to logic I wouldn't try to think about it too much...

Good episode I suppose, but honestly I perfer index and Hime to mikoto...Atleast they got to show up for a short but fun stint.
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 15:26   Link #42
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
"But she speaks in both in first person and third person." said the user known as MrTerrorsit with a confused look.
"She says things completely normally, but then adds a description of herself speaking," Clarste explained. "If you think of it as a novel or something, it's as if I moved the quotation marks to the right," continued Clarste patiently. Ack, that's annoying, forget that.

Example: "I like cats," Clarste declared. The sentence itself is normal, I just added a little narration at the end. That's what she's doing, she's narrating her dialog.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 15:34   Link #43
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
I thought the twin of Mikoto was getting controlled by Accelerator but that is how she acts. I'm still cracking up about it. Accerlerator looks like a maniac but I don't get why he would beat up the twin then come back and beat her up some more.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 16:09   Link #44
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
If your all wondering why Touma said to Imouto not to name the kitten Schrödinger, here's the reason why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

Yup, a bad name to name a Cat.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 16:49   Link #45
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If your all wondering why Touma said to Imouto not to name the kitten Schrödinger, here's the reason why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat
Was anybody wondering?



Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Accerlerator looks like a maniac but I don't get why he would beat up the twin then come back and beat her up some more.
Next episode will answer that. Myself, I'm still wondering why Imouto's trying to snipe him in the first place. Well, besides him being #1 and apparently a wee bit crazy.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 17:37   Link #46
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Was anybody wondering?
I was, actually. Gross.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 18:08   Link #47
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I was, actually. Gross.
I learned (wiki-ed) about that name after it appeared in Shigofumi and people were reacting to it.
I wonder what would happen if I named a cat by that name.......................
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:03   Link #48
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If your all wondering why Touma said to Imouto not to name the kitten Schrödinger, here's the reason why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

Yup, a bad name to name a Cat.
Carter named her own cat that on Stargate SG-1 because she is a scientist and thought it was funny.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:06   Link #49
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
So Academy City has a maid school for maids. I wonder if that means it has schools for other moe fetishes too. Like a tsundere school. Or a loli school. That's where Komoe graduated from, right?
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 20:16   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Seeing as this show has been one giant blackhole when it comes to logic I wouldn't try to think about it too much...
Oh come on, is it so hard to imagine him meeting her once in the weeks that he was released from hospital? Especially since she IS his next door neighbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
So Academy City has a maid school for maids. I wonder if that means it has schools for other moe fetishes too. Like a tsundere school. Or a loli school. That's where Komoe graduated from, right?
Doesn't work that way, seeing as how neither are an actual profession...

...Unless you can consider Acting School.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 20:25   Link #51
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh come on, is it so hard to imagine him meeting her once in the weeks that he was released from hospital? Especially since she IS his next door neighbor.
Yet using that logic, it's incredibly odd that he apparently hasn't met Mikoto even once since that time, despite the fact she is supposed to be seeking him out and trying to defeat him.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 20:41   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yet using that logic, it's incredibly odd that he apparently hasn't met Mikoto even once since that time, despite the fact she is supposed to be seeking him out and trying to defeat him.

It's apparently the school holidays now... But in the first place, there's a difference between running into someone somewhere out there, and running into someone who is just living next to you.

In addition, Mikoto occasionally 'helps' out with Judgment right? So she might not be as unoccupied as to hunt Touma every single day.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 20:49   Link #53
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's apparently the school holidays now... But in the first place, there's a difference between running into someone somewhere out there, and running into someone who is just living next to you.

In addition, Mikoto occasionally 'helps' out with Judgment right? So she might not be as unoccupied as to hunt Touma every single day.
Maybe so, but Touma and Mikoto both go outside, right? And Mikoto has been shown to actively pursue Touma. Also, they go to different schools anyways, so whether it is vacation or not doesn't really change the places they can meet. Just like where there was school, they can only meet outside. Which means the probability she would encounter him isn't all that different. Heck, with school out, the chances should increase.
And... Maika doesn't live next to Touma.

"Not every single day"=/=No free time. Plus, she helps out when she wants, so if she wants to find Touma, she wouldn't do the work.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 21:07   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Okay, so it's her brother that lives next to Touma, but it sounds like she drops by quite alot, so it doesn't make much difference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Maybe so, but Touma and Mikoto both go outside, right? And Mikoto has been shown to actively pursue Touma. Also, they go to different schools anyways, so whether it is vacation or not doesn't really change the places they can meet. Just like where there was school, they can only meet outside. Which means the probability she would encounter him isn't all that different. Heck, with school out, the chances should increase.
And... Maika doesn't live next to Touma.

"Not every single day"=/=No free time. Plus, she helps out when she wants, so if she wants to find Touma, she wouldn't do the work.
Nevertheless, it still doesn't change that you have alot more chance running into someone next to you than someone who could be in any number of places thoughout the entire city.

Also I question whether she's still chasing after Touma or not, even in the Railgun story, if you want to consider it, she doesn't exactly plot out a map and go hunting after him...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 21:49   Link #55
sb075
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Given Touma's memory loss, how does he know Maika? He must have met her recently. Did he know her before he lost his memory? (And, significantly more importantly, how does she not get dizzy on that thing?)
Spoiler for the novel:
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 22:16   Link #56
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
"She says things completely normally, but then adds a description of herself speaking," Clarste explained. "If you think of it as a novel or something, it's as if I moved the quotation marks to the right," continued Clarste patiently. Ack, that's annoying, forget that.

Example: "I like cats," Clarste declared. The sentence itself is normal, I just added a little narration at the end. That's what she's doing, she's narrating her dialog.
-Kuma.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 00:15   Link #57
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Maybe so, but Touma and Mikoto both go outside, right? And Mikoto has been shown to actively pursue Touma. Also, they go to different schools anyways, so whether it is vacation or not doesn't really change the places they can meet. Just like where there was school, they can only meet outside. Which means the probability she would encounter him isn't all that different. Heck, with school out, the chances should increase.
And... Maika doesn't live next to Touma.

"Not every single day"=/=No free time. Plus, she helps out when she wants, so if she wants to find Touma, she wouldn't do the work.
I think Touma's habitual travel routes got fried also with his brain.

Kuroko did notice there is a certain pattern to Mikoto's loitering before and after curfew. (Railgun manga)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 01:54   Link #58
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
I just noticed that high leveled espers ain't famous
__________________
.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 02:47   Link #59
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I just noticed that high leveled espers ain't famous
More like notorius.

There's a pretty good reason why she hates the super computer that controls Academy City.

Mikoto is pretty much a heroine in her own right but like every girl in this series she needs help.

No she's not a damsel in distress. If she only knew the crazy stuff Touma went through for the past weeks.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 06:00   Link #60
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
When MISAKA made a joke about naming her cat "DOG" I was kinda of creep out because of her expression there
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.