AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-05-20, 05:00   Link #1
XenWarrior
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Holy crap! What a long name...

The huge name kind of grabbed my attention. What exactly is this series about?
XenWarrior is offline  
Old 2004-05-20, 05:33   Link #2
Melazoma
Avatar Back Shortly
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Away from any Draft Board Personnel
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenWarrior
The huge name kind of grabbed my attention. What exactly is this series about?
この醜くも美しい世界 looks(on paper, screen, or in pixels) a bit shorter than
Kono minikuku mo utsukushi sekai

For short abbreviation go here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13748

For Series Discussion go here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11021
Melazoma is offline  
Old 2004-05-20, 07:48   Link #3
nephilim
Loves Kaori
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
the first name which i found "long" was kimizono but it was a good anime
it took me 2 days to remember the full name for konomini, but it's you can just use its short form
__________________

nephilim is offline  
Old 2004-05-20, 09:55   Link #4
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stuck Between Reality and Fantasy
i find it takes about 8 episodes to say and spell these names down pat:
Kimi ga Nozomi Eien
Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (this one was a pain to learn...especially since the name translation changed halfway through!)
Kyuven is offline  
Old 2004-05-20, 10:36   Link #5
Melazoma
Avatar Back Shortly
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Away from any Draft Board Personnel
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Oh it helps a lot if you can recognize the Kanji(s)--there are perks in being born and raised Chinese Most of the Romaji long titles shrink a lot once you stuff them back into their original forms. Once I pick out the Kanji(s), I latch on to those, make sure I have the right Japanese pronounciation(Kun/On) and then focus on the surrounding kanas. Doesn't necessarily make them shorter, just much easier to remember
Melazoma is offline  
Old 2004-05-20, 11:13   Link #6
nephilim
Loves Kaori
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
ahh i dun really have time to learn to learn japanese, though it'll prolly be fun. usually i remember the meanings of it in english, den the japanese title comes more naturally.

my chinese sucks also. melazoma... for your custom title, i can only recognize a few kanjis,,

bian tai = hentai?
ye lang = gangster/punk?
ke zhang = subject teacher?

dunno how u pronounce that in jap tho
__________________

nephilim is offline  
Old 2004-05-20, 13:35   Link #7
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
ahh i dun really have time to learn to learn japanese, though it'll prolly be fun. usually i remember the meanings of it in english, den the japanese title comes more naturally.

my chinese sucks also. melazoma... for your custom title, i can only recognize a few kanjis,,

bian tai = hentai?
ye lang = gangster/punk?
ke zhang = subject teacher?

dunno how u pronounce that in jap tho
萌盟変態エッチスゲベ野郎・サービス課課長

萌 - moe
盟 - mei
The combination of these two words make no sense in Japanese. The former is the kanji meaning "moe" (look up various posts on this board for "moe" philosophy) and the latter is the word that makes up the second half of the word "alliance" - 同盟

変態 - hentai
エッチ - ecchi
This is pretty obvious.

x スゲベ - sugebe
o スケベ - sukebe

野郎 - yarou
Roughly speaking, this word means "dude."

サービス - service
課 - section
課長 - section chief
Redundance of the word 課 here. If you wanted to say "Service Section Chief," then サービス課長 would suffice.


All around:

萌盟変態エッチスケベ野郎・サービス課長 - "Moe Alliance Hentai Ecchi Sukebe Dude Service Section Chief"
This makes no sense at all. What is the exact word that you intended to mean?
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2004-05-20, 13:37   Link #8
Melazoma
Avatar Back Shortly
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Away from any Draft Board Personnel
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
ahh i dun really have time to learn to learn japanese, though it'll prolly be fun. usually i remember the meanings of it in english, den the japanese title comes more naturally.

my chinese sucks also. melazoma... for your custom title, i can only recognize a few kanjis,,

bian tai = hentai?
ye lang = gangster/punk?
ke zhang = subject teacher?

dunno how u pronounce that in jap tho
My current title should be pronounced:
MoeMei Hentai Ecchi Sugebe Yarou, Service-ka Kajou.
Which, if it is as I intended, should mean something to the effect of:
Moe League* Hentai Ecchi Sugebe** Bastard, Service Division Division Chief

*MoeMei is short for Moe-Renmei, Renmei=League. Moe Renmei is inspired by the custom title of one ThunderForceX, his title being 萌え同盟の変態ロリコン会長 --figure it out, I'm feeling lazy
**An shameless, ecchi person, as opposed to ecchi, which is an adjective.

Well now that's a long explaination for a long name

EDIT: Gah kj beat me to it while I was diggin out the profile of ThunderForce--the guy hasn't posted for quite a while
Melazoma is offline  
Old 2004-05-20, 14:24   Link #9
nephilim
Loves Kaori
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
:3 confusing, but fun to learn a new language

i started learning (how can i say that when i nv actually took the effort ^^") japanese vocabulary first. there's only a small pool of words i know. now i'm more into learning the characters itself, coz i feel there's a gd chance in future that i'll be reading manga in japanese
__________________

nephilim is offline  
Old 2004-05-21, 01:11   Link #10
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stuck Between Reality and Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
:3 confusing, but fun to learn a new language

i started learning (how can i say that when i nv actually took the effort ^^") japanese vocabulary first. there's only a small pool of words i know. now i'm more into learning the characters itself, coz i feel there's a gd chance in future that i'll be reading manga in japanese
same here
learning japanese is an uphill battle...especially with the insane way they teach it in my school:
first semester: ひらがな
1st half of the second semester: 30 basic (days of the week, "father", "mother", the "i" in "ikimasu", "time", "language", "person" and a few others) かんじ
2nd half of the second semester: カタカナ
i wish they would spend more time on kanji...oh well, it's only my first year ^_^;
my worksheets and notes are so full of "extra" (not part of the curriculum for that year) kanji i can't even read them anymore >_<
Kyuven is offline  
Old 2004-05-21, 01:55   Link #11
nephilim
Loves Kaori
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
i'm not even taking any course now ^^" and i can't... busy with major projects >_<
__________________

nephilim is offline  
Old 2004-05-22, 09:10   Link #12
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
well, "Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai" looks a bit long, but "This Ugly and Beautiful World" looks okay. I guess when it has some meaning rather than some phonetics, it won't look as long...
dreamless is offline  
Old 2004-06-07, 22:45   Link #13
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
i find it takes about 8 episodes to say and spell these names down pat:
Kimi ga Nozomi Eien
Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (this one was a pain to learn...especially since the name translation changed halfway through!)
Yea...it does take me a long time to really remembered the title ~_~" At first i usually confuse between Kimiga Nozomu Eien with Konomini Kukumo Utsukushii Sekai...haha~ Silly mistake huh?

Anyways Kyuven?
about Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, can supply some info about it...the market near my house sells it but i dun dare to buy coz i couldn't find any info about it and didn't know wether is worth my money or not But i saw a pretty girl at the cover la that catches my attention lolz ~_~"
Yuun is offline  
Old 2004-06-07, 22:54   Link #14
nephilim
Loves Kaori
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Yea...it does take me a long time to really remembered the title ~_~" At first i usually confuse between Kimiga Nozomu Eien with Konomini Kukumo Utsukushii Sekai...haha~ Silly mistake huh?

Anyways Kyuven?
about Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, can supply some info about it...the market near my house sells it but i dun dare to buy coz i couldn't find any info about it and didn't know wether is worth my money or not But i saw a pretty girl at the cover la that catches my attention lolz ~_~"
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...o_boushi_.html

^^"
__________________

nephilim is offline  
Old 2004-06-08, 10:41   Link #15
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim


~_~" ...........

Ok i think i'll stay away from this title....i got a bad feeling about this anime...better stay away.... but Shimazu Ai is one of the voice actress >_< ahh~ no no i must resist.... although i'm a fan of Shimazu Ai but this anime is giving me a bad feeling argh...must stay away....

Did i mention that Shimazu Ai is the cute voice of AKari (Konomini) and Minawa Andou (Mahoromatic)?
Yuun is offline  
Old 2004-06-08, 16:15   Link #16
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stuck Between Reality and Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
~_~" ...........

Ok i think i'll stay away from this title....i got a bad feeling about this anime...better stay away.... but Shimazu Ai is one of the voice actress >_< ahh~ no no i must resist.... although i'm a fan of Shimazu Ai but this anime is giving me a bad feeling argh...must stay away....

Did i mention that Shimazu Ai is the cute voice of AKari (Konomini) and Minawa Andou (Mahoromatic)?
i recomend it
it's VERY mature, and has very few male characters (Gargantua and...the bird...and....Gargantua's henchmen) but the art is gorgeous, and Hazuki's devotion to Hatsumi/Eve is absolutely stunning (it inspired me)
btw, "Ririsu" is actually "Lilith", the biblical woman who was made before Eve (thus why Hatsumi/Eve/Jill/etc. calls Lilith "Onee-chan")
strangely enough, the character designs were done by a woman (the woman who did Seven of Seven AKA Shichinin no Nana)
oh and it's based off an H-game
__________________
An anime worth watching is an anime worth buying.
Kyuven is offline  
Old 2004-06-08, 17:21   Link #17
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
~_~" ...........

Ok i think i'll stay away from this title....i got a bad feeling about this anime...better stay away.... but Shimazu Ai is one of the voice actress >_< ahh~ no no i must resist.... although i'm a fan of Shimazu Ai but this anime is giving me a bad feeling argh...must stay away....

Did i mention that Shimazu Ai is the cute voice of AKari (Konomini) and Minawa Andou (Mahoromatic)?
Unlike Kyuven, I don't recommend YamiBoushi. The characters and soundtrack are enjoyable, and it does have a story (not shown in chronological order), but in order to fully appreciate its plot and setting, you'll actually need a lot of background information and explanation from the game, so unless you have prior knowledge or are willing to "go with the flow" and ask for explanations in the end, you might not want to watch the series unless you just want visual eye-candy or shoujo-ai. You can watch the series without knowing a thing and still appreciate and enjoy it...but there is no way you can understand everything that's going on in the story without outside help.
__________________
sarcasteak is offline  
Old 2004-06-27, 10:35   Link #18
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 28
Yes, holy crap, what a long name. and yes, so much fan service...
PsionicXero is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.