AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 13:26   Link #1801
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Good thing I kept up my Destruction talents then when I respeced yesterday into 13 Demo. Increased by Spell Power by maybe 100 just by doing that. (7/13/51)

Good to see my Chaos Bolt will do even more damage, and I hope that Backdraft GC reduction is good....problem is I don't often get to use the Backdraft buff since I still use Conflag as a finisher in the fights I think of it. Don't think I've used Shadowburn in over a month and only a few times in the last three months. As soon as my fire damage finisher could finish an enemy off I usually don't need the shadow damage finisher...except in PvP situations when it gets used as an instant damage mainly and a "you aren't getting away" finisher rarely.
Old 2008-12-11, 16:42   Link #1802
Komori
D:

Demonology isn't getting nerfed!

Quote:
There are some patch notes that reference nerfs to Demonic Tactics and Demonic Knowledge.

We are NOT making those changes.
Quote:
There is always a risk when data mining that you pick up something incorrectly. Hunters made dartboards of us (well more dartboards anyway) when someone thought we had nerfed Wing Clip by misreading a mob ability.

But before you take it out on MMO-Champion or anyone else, these were some actual changes we were experimenting with. Unfortunately, they were part of some other changes that we have decided to not go forward with at this time and when viewed in a vacuum appear to be a nerf to Demonology.

To reiterate though, the changest to Demonic Knowledge and Demonic Tactics are not going to show up on live.

PTRs are a little like betas. We want to try some things out. We plan on updating the data a couple of times if we can.

And yes we have other warlock changes we are working on. Hopefully they will be available on the PTR as well, but no promises. Sometimes changes take time. Believe me, I get impatient too when I know changes to my class are coming.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 17:03   Link #1803
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Oh they're used to it I imagine. Male Blood Elves are the laughing stock of the WoW community. If they ever complain or post on the forums you can instantly rebuke them by simply saying:
"Says the male blood elf."

and those people can go burn and die for all I care Because I rather look a bit fruity than be a crossdresser every day. I tell every Male femalechar player the same thing "Well ur not a woman, ur just a man who wants to look like a chick" (but not to the respectful ones like a few i know.

anyways

THe ENTIRE WARLOCK CLASS needs to be nerfed and or takin out of the game all together :P
Old 2008-12-11, 17:07   Link #1804
Komori
D:

You're the only person I've ever encountered who gives a shit what sex someone plays.

And Warlocks are fine, l2p etc.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-11, 17:14   Link #1805
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Oh they're used to it I imagine. Male Blood Elves are the laughing stock of the WoW community. If they ever complain or post on the forums you can instantly rebuke them by simply saying:

Strangely, this is something I always hear about, but never saw or experienced in-game.

On the other hand, I only read blue posts in the official forums and tend to ignore the rest.
Old 2008-12-11, 17:21   Link #1806
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
You're the only person I've ever encountered who gives a shit what sex someone plays.

And Warlocks are fine, l2p etc.

Spoiler:
i was joking about the warlocks =\ sheesh, and only newbies use l2p :P also I don't give a FUCK what gender you play. just don't go rubbin it in like "ooh yea its a lot better playing a sexy whore than playing a man, your gay if u play as another guy" and yes, i've heard people say that shit before, and its because of them that im so strict about it.
Old 2008-12-11, 17:23   Link #1807
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Strangely, this is something I always hear about, but never saw or experienced in-game.

On the other hand, I only read blue posts in the official forums and tend to ignore the rest.
I rarely look at the forums if at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i was joking about the warlocks =\ sheesh, and only newbies use l2p :P
Well you just used it so...
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 17:25   Link #1808
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post

You only see it if you browse about General usually...
It comes up a lot when people complain about bad-looking armor. Or the horrible colors of Outlands gear and if a male blood elf says it the response to win is always:
Old 2008-12-11, 17:45   Link #1809
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I gather bad ass gear for RP and Stats Gear for woopin ass, I love to find people who say BE males are gay and beat them in a duel and /rofl as they make excuses. "oh I guess u were just distracted by hwo gay my char looks huh"
Old 2008-12-11, 18:10   Link #1810
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

On the bored vs refreshed debate, I'm refreshed. I couldn't get back into the loop in TBC after being in one of the best guilds on the server in the original version. Now I'm getting in again. I'm beginning to get requests from the best Alliance guilds on my server to apply. I spoke to class leaders in the #1 guild and they said they'd be keen for me to apply if I can make enough raids.

What had probably made me reluctant was doubting whether my DPS would look scrub or not. So when a good Naxx 25 pug got formed last night, I jumped on. 3 hours later, 9/15 down, would have been 10/15 if 3 idiots didn't keep doing the charge sides wrong on Thaddius. My overal DPS for the raid was about 3300. It drifted up to 3850 for Patchwerk, Loatheb and Thaddius then 3550 for Faerlina. But again it was lower on Noth (2600) and Heigan (2850). Do those guys have more magic resistance or something? I ended up 3rd for the raid for raid damage for the night behind a very geared shadow priest and a very geared lock (both far better geared than me). Priest averaged 3550 for the night, the lock 2850. I guessed they fixed the Destro tree because this guy was 51 Destro 20 Demo and cranked out top damage on most bosses. Notably I did far better than the Affliction locks and the Hunters. Did Hunters get a sudden nerf?

In a nutshell - yeah, I feel more confident about my DPS rate now. I just need more spellpower. I won a belt from Anub'rekhan but after that, my rolls sucked. Lost on 3 t7.5 shoulder tokens, shoulders from Grobullus, a 465 sp caster dagger from Abom wing trash and my Maexxna trinket didnt drop. Also passed on 2 different boots and an offhand which were more Priest specced. But I got something so meh.

Tried doing that Dalaran Wishing Well thing yesterday. Bit over 2 hours later, had all the silver coins, 1 short of all the copper coins and 2 short of all the gold coins. Also levelled Fishing from 400 to 448 in that time. And I finally got the Kibler's Bits recipe from dailies. Now I just need to get Stormchops and Captain Rumsey's Rum to get everything from Outland. I have to keep doing the Outland ones, the Dalaran cooking reward can only give the Delicious Chocolate Cake as a rare reward and I've already got that one.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:18   Link #1811
Clarste
Human

Quote:
I gather bad ass gear for RP and Stats Gear for woopin ass, I love to find people who say BE males are gay and beat them in a duel and /rofl as they make excuses. "oh I guess u were just distracted by hwo gay my char looks huh"
So all of this comes from being defensive about your choice of character? I guess that makes sense.

On the subject of the PTR... Of course as soon as I get the cool trinket they nerf it... Along with the crafted caster mace. The buffs to my spec will almost certainly make up for it though. I look forward to the new Thunderstorm Glyph that'll let me use it in raids... and give me slightly more mana I guess too.

I wonder why they're increasing the range of taunt again, not that I'm complaining. Seems kind of random. And over 60 new graveyards in the old world... That's a lot of graveyards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
My overal DPS for the raid was about 3300. It drifted up to 3850 for Patchwerk, Loatheb and Thaddius then 3550 for Faerlina. But again it was lower on Noth (2600) and Heigan (2850). Do those guys have more magic resistance or something?
Wouldn't that just be because you're spending more time moving or waiting for adds to spawn? Or are your meters taking that into account somehow?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 18:30   Link #1812
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Myself I'm enjoying doing Naxx again, looking forward to Malygos but we probably wont do him until next week. Either Monday or next raid cycle. Our guild just plods along comfortably a week or two behind all the 'firsts' not rushing, its probably why we are one of the only original release day guilds left on the server and others have collapsed to drama and so on. I'm not bored or burnt out yet that's for sure.

Remember the fights that they are as well Last Sinner. Heigan in particular is a high mobility fight casters will be reamed on DPS during phase 2 compared to melee or those with instant abilities. Noth is also screwy with meters as each time he teleports away it fks up logging strings, but dps does kinda need to be careful on him although not as much as they used to need to.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:45   Link #1813
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
As do I. And no one ever said male BElfs were bad characters. Just lots of Horde players laugh at them, on the forums anyway. Not sure about in-game.
Old 2008-12-11, 19:31   Link #1814
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

people who say stuff like that on the Forums are just children or Flamers, which are just sad now.

There are guys who have looks but dont exploit them. but there are who DO! which are the BE males, We make fun of the other races beacuse their all ugly. lol
Old 2008-12-11, 20:42   Link #1815
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yeah, that was probably it. Hunters, Warlocks and Fury Warriors seem to stay up in those fights whereas other classes slide in DPS. I had a feeling that was the reason but wanted to be sure. For the record, I"m using Recount as a DPS meter.

Managed to get the Faerlina and Heigan achievements in that run. Apparently there is a little corner near the slime door that if everyone backs into it far enough, you will never get spalshed on and work it from there.
Old 2008-12-11, 21:05   Link #1816
Komori
D:

What, don't use such exploits. That makes the fight immensely boring. The only fun part about the fight is seeing who dies each run.
Old 2008-12-11, 21:25   Link #1817
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

WOOT! I got Flame Bathed Epic Belt from Nexus
Old 2008-12-11, 22:11   Link #1818
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Seems Naxx 25 was too easy...

Quote:
* Kel'Thuzad - Frostbolt now does 29250 to 30750 Frost damage, up from 19000 to 21000 Frost damage.
* Sapphiron - Life Drain from "Drains 3063 to 3937 health and heals Sapphiron for 6126 to 7000 every 3 sec for 12 sec." to "Drains 4500 to 5500 health and heals Sapphiron for 9000 to 10000 every 3 sec for 12 sec."
* Patchwerk - Hateful Strike damage increased from 53625 to 56375 damage to 79000 to 81000 damage. (Going by the wowhead comment, not 100% certain.)
* Lotheb - Inevitable Doom now does 5000 damage, up from 4000.
* Naxx Trash - Whirlwind damage increased to 100% from 75%.
Boss damage doesn't worry me, but I do lol @ the whirlwind changes. They always crack me up.
Old 2008-12-11, 22:24   Link #1819
Komori
D:

Where do you see those changes at? I can't find them anywhere.
Old 2008-12-12, 03:10   Link #1820
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
What, don't use such exploits. That makes the fight immensely boring. The only fun part about the fight is seeing who dies each run.
I can do the lava dance easy. They just wanted the achievement.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows