AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 11 26.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-15, 00:29   Link #21
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Off-Topic Mode:

Commercials I used Keyhole to watch ep 11.

On Tsukihime it looked like a preview of the original Tsukihime concept, Kara no Kyoukai.


Where Shiki is a girl.

Same powers as Shiki Tohno.
Kara's Shiki is prob more powerul than Tsukihime's Shiki. Also Kara no Kyoukai is a series of 7 theatrical features. #6 is due out on 12/20.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 01:11   Link #22
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Something I'm really digging about this series is there are multiple "political" factions that overlap in Touma's life but otherwise have nothing to do with one another. They might have larger scale dealings but they don't interact with one another on Touma's level - that is, he's not their focus, he's not pivotal to their overall objectives.

The sense of, "the protagonist is important in his own story, but his story is one of many going on in this world" is a sense of realism I enjoy reading. Like how the original Starcraft was - there wasn't one pivotal individual who made things possible, every individual, organization and the values/actions of both were equally important for shaping the world.

Good episode.
__________________
HOLY CRACKERS! SAIGAR 2008 IS HERE!
Nominations are open 19 November ~ 23 December 2007 NOW!!
It's not a tournament without "men"!
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 01:13   Link #23
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So the other L5 are just as powerful as Mikoto and Accelerator? But if they are like Accel and Mikoto then Touma is still more powerful than them...
Accelerator is perhaps the strongest but also a sociopath.

The perfect candidate for Madmen doing terrible deeds for science.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 01:57   Link #24
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So the other L5 are just as powerful as Mikoto and Accelerator? But if they are like Accel and Mikoto then Touma is still more powerful than them...
Around the level. But among the level 5s, they have ranks too.
No, Touma is just some weak idiot who sticks his head where it doesn't belong. His hand is the only worthwhile, and even then, it is hardly "more powerful" than the level 5s, because it doesn't do anything but negate attacks. And only attacks at the hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Kara's Shiki is prob more powerul than Tsukihime's Shiki. Also Kara no Kyoukai is a series of 7 theatrical features. #6 is due out on 12/20.
Which obviously doesn't matter to this thread.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 08:51   Link #25
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: House of Twilight
Fun EP!!!!"Cloning"and "Twin" are very popular gag in modern anime.
__________________
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 19:10   Link #26
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Around the level. But among the level 5s, they have ranks too.
No, Touma is just some weak idiot who sticks his head where it doesn't belong. His hand is the only worthwhile, and even then, it is hardly "more powerful" than the level 5s, because it doesn't do anything but negate attacks. And only attacks at the hand.



Which obviously doesn't matter to this thread.
But think about it: The power to negate God's power! Luck, blessing, protection, magic, psychic all are negated! An item travelling at 1000kmps due to any supernatural power that hits his right hand will stop dead... As seen with Mikoto's railgun demo...
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 21:20   Link #27
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
What makes Touma dangerous isn't his hand alone, but his cunning + the hand. It's just a weapon, he needs the drive to make good use of it.

I'm curious about its abilities though, it seems really bizarre and unlike other esper powers. Is he even an esper? If one cuts off the hand does that mean he could use magic?
__________________
HOLY CRACKERS! SAIGAR 2008 IS HERE!
Nominations are open 19 November ~ 23 December 2007 NOW!!
It's not a tournament without "men"!
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 21:38   Link #28
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
What makes Touma dangerous isn't his hand alone, but his cunning + the hand. It's just a weapon, he needs the drive to make good use of it.

I'm curious about its abilities though, it seems really bizarre and unlike other esper powers. Is he even an esper? If one cuts off the hand does that mean he could use magic?
We don't know the mechanics of Imagine Breaker other than his right hand.

Due to it scanning equipment can't grade him, he is Level 0 by default.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 22:20   Link #29
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
We don't know the mechanics of Imagine Breaker other than his right hand.

Due to it scanning equipment can't grade him, he is Level 0 by default.
unless the scanning equipment is supernatural in nature, it shouldn't be affected by his right hand

meaning his power is not psychic in nature, but something else
...maybe
__________________
Red Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 22:38   Link #30
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Okay episode...adding a few fillers here and there. Are they going to just throw in some random stuff with 13 episodes left?
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 23:40   Link #31
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Okay episode...adding a few fillers here and there. Are they going to just throw in some random stuff with 13 episodes left?
You know JC Staff's formula.

Season 1:

RUSH RUSH RUSH ORIGINAL ENDING!

Then,

Season 2:

DRAG RUSH DRAG ARRRRGH ORIGINAL ENDING!

Season 3:

Fall 2009!
__________________
HOLY CRACKERS! SAIGAR 2008 IS HERE!
Nominations are open 19 November ~ 23 December 2007 NOW!!
It's not a tournament without "men"!
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 01:38   Link #32
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Who knew about hime's greediness when it come's to meat ? XD
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 02:04   Link #33
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
I'm curious about its abilities though, it seems really bizarre and unlike other esper powers. Is he even an esper? If one cuts off the hand does that mean he could use magic?
He technically isn't considered an esper because his hand is unknown (not magic nor psychic), but he has taken power development, so he couldn't use magic regardless. Apparently, his hand is preventing him from being able to gain any psychic powers though. So if he cuts off his hand, he might be able to use some power.
...Well, *cough*, it doesn't really matter since volume 2 showed people using magic regardless of being espers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
But think about it: The power to negate God's power! Luck, blessing, protection, magic, psychic all are negated! An item travelling at 1000kmps due to any supernatural power that hits his right hand will stop dead... As seen with Mikoto's railgun demo...
But that's the thing. His hand is purely negation/defensive. And what's more, all of his opponents so far are conveniently weak against the hand.
Shoot a normal bullet. Fight against a macho man. His hand can't do a thing. Cut off his arm, game over. Hit anywhere but the hand, game over.
Mikoto, Accelerator, heck, even Kuroko... Their powers are much more flexible and useful.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 02:09   Link #34
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Actually to defeat him is easy. Just have to attack him from 2 side at the same time. 1 hand can't be in two place at the same time.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 04:40   Link #35
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Actually to defeat him is easy. Just have to attack him from 2 side at the same time. 1 hand can't be in two place at the same time.
You can step back, let the two attacks collide and slap it with the right. Instant kill!
Spoiler:
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 06:44   Link #36
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I think Touma actions and interference in world Espers and Magicians would categorize him as "Wild Card"

Touma lack offensive abilities, but has a couple of thing that are in his favor
1 his "imagine breaker"
2 able to think the situation he's facing in . so he can smartly use the situation to his advantage
3 His growing collection of amazing girls that has feeling or sympathy for him ( Damn you Touma and you call yourself Unlucky!!!! Lucky bastard !!)
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 08:51   Link #37
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...Well, *cough*, it doesn't really matter since volume 2 showed people using magic regardless of being espers...
They didn't use magic, magic used them, right?

So as I sort-of quote...


I am the clone of my biribiri.
Many are my body, and electricity is my blood.
I have been created over ten thousand times.
Unaware of loss.
Nor aware of gain.
Withstood death to advance science.
Waiting for level six's arrival.
"I have no regrets, this is the only path," MISAKA defends.
My whole life was "Unlimited Sister Works."


Numbers are numbers, but has it really been that many up to this point? Even 10 000 is a crazy amount; 1 clone/day = 37 years, 2 clones/day = 14 years, 3 clones/day = 9 years... That's a high production output to make this reasonable, and this level of Science! can't be easy...

Always nice to be reminded that TD bit the dust. Suck it, biri biri-killing satellite.
__________________

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2008-12-16 at 09:34.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 09:50   Link #38
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But that's the thing. His hand is purely negation/defensive. And what's more, all of his opponents so far are conveniently weak against the hand.
Shoot a normal bullet. Fight against a macho man. His hand can't do a thing. Cut off his arm, game over. Hit anywhere but the hand, game over.
Mikoto, Accelerator, heck, even Kuroko... Their powers are much more flexible and useful.
Yeah, I hope Touma gets a power up because Imagine Breaker seems kinda lame... Especially when all the villains are so... godly.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 10:06   Link #39
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
3 His growing collection of amazing girls that has feeling or sympathy for him ( Damn you Touma and you call yourself Unlucky!!!! Lucky bastard !!)
He has to care and feed them. It's not easy you know. (Random damsel in distress girls as pets)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 10:48   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Okay episode...adding a few fillers here and there. Are they going to just throw in some random stuff with 13 episodes left?
People seriously need to learn what filler actually means before they go and throw the word around. This is a set-up episode, not filler at all.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.